The Walking Dead Interactive FanFiction: A New Life

Comments

• [Go to Dexter’s community] - Refusing will likely end with Braxton being killed. I would rather keep him from dying then avoid going to the community, and unless they very power Dexter or even if they run him off, he could still come back with a bigger group.

Partition posted: »

Chapter 2: Part 3 December 25th, 2016. 2:55 P.M. [Talk to Ashley] I walked into the room Ashley was in, and she was wrapping the pa

• Yeah , but you can do sometime all the groups meet.

I'll think about it. The main premise of the story was to follow Tony's POV, but I'll see how things go from here.

• edited February 2015

[Go to Dexter’s community]

Clearly he'll kill Braxton without any remorse, and what's to stop from doing it again until he gets what he wants.

Chapter 2: Part 3 December 25th, 2016. 2:55 P.M. [Talk to Ashley] I walked into the room Ashley was in, and she was wrapping the pa

• Oh damn it... Great chapter!

Dexter does not seem to be a man who won't go through with such a threat. And after he kills Braxton, there is nothing that stops him from killing another member of the group, just to make a point.

• edited February 2015

Also, where did Eric go? I don't think he was mentioned when Dexter was getting everyone in line.

Edit: Never mind.

• edited February 2015

That was a badass chapter! I'm honestly only putting this over [Refuse] because of my interest in this seeming a bit like Trent's community from my story. I'm ready!

• edited March 2015

Removed. Proceed to the next part for an update.

• [Work with the Santiago’s]

We have to know them , they can help the group :P

Awesome Chapter!!!

• edited February 2015

[Work with your group]

I want to have a nice conversation about what just happened.

• [Work with your group]

Ashton punched Tony in the knee . . . The knee! Alright it's official this guy is crazy!

• edited February 2015

[Work with the Santiago's]

• [Wok with Santiago's]

• [Work with your group]

• Someone here needs to break the tie.

New people, I wanna get to know them. :3

• So, yeah... I got an early case of writer's block :/ I have a huge test coming up next week and there are some stuff I'd like to fix and plan even more ahead with the story. Sorry for this, writer's block does indeed suck :(

• Huge test? The PARCC test, right?

So, yeah... I got an early case of writer's block I have a huge test coming up next week and there are some stuff I'd like to fix and plan even more ahead with the story. Sorry for this, writer's block does indeed suck

• Yep...

bloop posted: »

Huge test? The PARCC test, right?

• I got it right!

Alt text

Yep...

• edited February 2015

So, yeah... I got an early case of writer's block I have a huge test coming up next week and there are some stuff I'd like to fix and plan even more ahead with the story. Sorry for this, writer's block does indeed suck

• That actually worked! Thanks!

http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/guide-to-literary-agents/7-ways-to-overcome-writers-block Try some of these steps

• All of them or only some?

That actually worked! Thanks!

• 5 of them.

supersagig posted: »

All of them or only some?

• edited February 2015

ANNOUNCEMENT: Hey guys, luckily my writer's block didn't last long! Thank you, @TheKingOfWalkers! Anyway, this part is a bit weird. What happened with the last part, well, long story short, I forced myself to write something I wasn't satisfied with. But since that's all done and over now, I've re-written that part, and it is significantly shorter, so instead of releasing a short re-written part, I decided to take the votes from the last part and combine it with this new part. So basically, the following part is the re-written last part and a brand new part combined. I don't like doing this at all, and I promise this will NOT happen again. Just pretend that last part never existed, and get it completely out of your head. In face, I've removed it completely so it doesn't distract from the story. Anyways, enjoy! I'm glad to be back to writing this!

Chapter 2: Part 4

December 25th, 2016. 4:50 P.M.

“Alright, we’ll go.” I said, very reluctantly. I didn’t want to go to the community just as much as everyone else, but this man was going to kill Braxton and possibly all of us.

Dexter shoved Braxton back in line. He made probably the creepiest smile yet. “Now, follow me.” He said in a soft voice. “And if any of you try to leave, or escape, or try to kill me, well, I shouldn’t spoil the surprise…”

We all followed Dexter outside the house as he lead us to the community.

December 25th, 2016. 5:38 P.M.

“Whalla!” Dexter shouted. We have finally arrived at the community. It was surrounded by large brown walls and seemed extremely protected. Maybe this wasn’t so bad after all…

Dexter led us to the front, where there was one of those tunnel/microphone-things at a playground that you speak through and you can hear from the other side. “Hey Ashton, I got ‘em, and I got a surprise…” Dexter spoke into it.

“Alright. I’m coming.” A voice came out of the speaker.

“Let’s wait for Ashton.” Dexter said.

The front entrance opened, and a pretty tall man with black graying hair stepped outside. He also had a mustache, and was wearing a brown fur coat with black jeans and boots. “Hello.” He said.

“Hey, I got the whore.” Dexter grabbed Ashley and pushed her over to Ashton.

“Thanks…” Ashton said in a creepy voice as he stroked Ashley’s arm.

“Get the fuck off of me you fucker!” Ashley tried to get out of Ashton’s grip but couldn’t, for Ashton was too strong.

“Hey, don’t have all the fun. She was my ex.” Dexter said, as he let out a creepy chuckle.

“Oh, oops.” Ashton let out. “Anyways, welcome, people. Welcome to my community! You will all be safe here, and you are welcome to have all the food and supplies you want!” Ashton raised his hands into the air.

“Bullshit!” Ashley yelled.

“Don’t you fucking start with me.” Ashton threatened her. “Do you want to play by the rules or get yourself killed?”

Ashley looked to the ground, accepting defeat.

“Come with me.” Dexter said as we followed him and Ashton into the community.

Dexter and Ashton brought us to the room where my group was, along with five other people, and then they both left. “Hello.” A woman said.

“Hi.” I waved.

“This is fucking unbelievable…” Eric said in a soft tone.

“Watch your language!” A man said, with a young boy standing beside him.

“Sorry, I didn’t see you there…” Eric aplogized.

“Hi!” The kid waved.

“Hi…” Eric waved back.

“Well, I guess we should introduce ourselves, since it seems like you’re gonna be staying with us.” The woman said. “I’m Lorlin Gallo.”

Lorlin was a caucasian woman about 5’ 4, a little bit heavy, but not too much. She had gold short curly hair and green eyes.

“This is my husband, Marino.” Lorlin pointed to Marino, it was the man who had gotten angry at me for cursing.

Marino had brown skin, who was about 5’ 6, and had black short heddle hair and brown eyes.

“And those are my kids, Lucia, Santiago, and Gaston.” Lorlin pointed to her kids.

Lucia, the teen, was caucasian, was about 5’5 and had long black heddle hair and green eyes.

Santiago was around 13 years old, and once again, caucasian. He had black short heddle hair and brown eyes, like his father. He was wearing a black T-Shirt with a rhino on it with a black jacket over it. He also had black pants, and white shoes and green socks.

And the young boy who was about 7, Gaston, was another caucasian and was about 3’ 7. He also had black short heddle hair and brown eyes.

“And we are the Santiago family!” Lorlin said.

“Yes, I know, my name is Santiago Santiago.” Santiago interrupted while laughing.

“Nice to meet you guys.” I said, chuckling, along with most of my group.

“You too.” Marino said.

I introduced myself and everyone else in the group did as well.

“Come on, we shouldn’t get comfy yet. We have to help around the place in a little bit, remember?” Lucia reminded her family.

“Oh, right.” Lorlin said. “We should get into small groups before Dexter comes, he usually likes it when we’re ready.”

“We’ll stay as a family, and you guys can stay with your group, unless you wanna switch it up since it’s pretty uneven. Five of us and nine of you, that can work, of course.” Marino said while looking at Dom with an upset face.

“Just do whatever you want.” Lorlin told us.

[Work with the Santiago’s]

“I’ll work with you guys and make it even. Might as well start getting to know each other if we’re gonna be with each other for a while” I decided.

“Alright, sounds good.” Marino said.

“Let’s just sit down and wait until he-” Lucia began but Dexter came back.

“Alright guys, groups ready?” He asked, seeming a lot nicer than he did at the cabin. He was clearly faking it.

“Yep.” Lorlin answered. “It’ll be us and Tony.”

“Alrighty then.” Dexter opened the doors and let us out. It was now just me and the Santiago’s.

December 25th, 2016. 5:02 P.M.

Dexter lead us to another large door-gate thing. I sign read “EAST SIDE: WALLS”

“You guys are gonna cut some wood and fix up these walls. They haven’t been in the greatest condition lately.” Dexter ordered.

“Yes, sir.” Marino told him.

“Alright, thanks.” Dexter walked away. That little fucker.

“Alright guys, come on. Let’s cut this wood.” Santiago said.

We all began to saw the wood into squares and rectangles. “So, how have you been since, you know, all of this?” Lorlin asked.

“Well, luckily my friend and I managed to find and get with our own group without getting killed. We’ve been staying at a cabin until Dexter-” Oops. “The cabin ended up getting overrun and we had to escape, and we eventually found this place.” I didn’t want to mention the truth about Dexter just yet.

“Ah.” Lorlin said. “We’re from Argentina. We decided to take a trip to the US for a nice vacation, but then all of this started happening. Talk about timing.”

“Yeah, that must suck.” I said.

“Yeah, I’m just worried for my family. Trying to keep them safe as much as possible. They mean everything to me.” Lorlin explained.

“I understand.” I replied. “Family is important. It’s probably the most important thing now in times like this.”

“Yeah.” Marino jumped in. “Say, what happened to your family, Tony?”

“I don’t know…” I responded.

“You don’t know?” Marino made a shocked face.

“Nope. I was never really too close to them just because I liked to mainly stay alone. But I sure hope they’re okay…” I told them.

“That ain’t good.” Marino said.

“What isn’t?” I asked.

“Not keeping touch with family. Family is everything.” Marino went on.

“I know, just…” I said as I scratched the back of my head.

“Well, I ain’t gonna judge ya off your past.” Marino said with a smirk on his face.

Lorlin looked at her kids, who were sawing together. Lucia was mainly helping Gaston, the youngest boy, while Santiago was attempting to saw himself. “I hope they don’t hurt themselves.” Lorlin said.

“I don’t think they should be cutting like that on their own. Especially Gaston.” I jumped in.

“I don’t either.” Lorlin crossed her arms. “They can chop their fingers off! Or their hands!”

“Calm down, Lor.” Marino placed his hand on her shoulder. “They’re fine. That ain’t gonna happen.”

“How do you know?” Lorlin retorted. “Accidents happen.”

“Trust me, I know them and you should know too. They’re smart.” Marino replied.

Lorlin made an upset face and turned to Marino. “What about Santiago?”

“He’ll be fine. No need to bring that up.” Marino protested.

“I can hear you.” I informed them.

“Oh, yeah, I forgot you were there. Sorry.” Lorlin apologized.

“What’s wrong with Santiago?” I asked.

“Nothing.” Marino said.

“Is he bitten or something?” I raised an eyebrow.

“He ain’t bitten.” Marino replied.

“Don’t tell him I told you this.” Lorlin began. “But Santiago… he got bullied in school. It breaks my heart to see such a great and nice kid get so bullied. I love him…”

“I’m sorry about that. Santiago does seem like a good kid.” I said.

“He is.” Lorlin said, her voice getting softer. “He tried to kill himself three times… with a knife… pains me to even think about it…”

“Damn. I’m sorry, Lorlin. Sorry for asking.” I apologized, I felt really bad.

Lorlin seemed to ignore me. “One time, he drunk an entire bottle of whiskey and ended up destroying his entire bedroom and the family TV.”

Damn, Santiago didn’t seem to be the most stable kid. “Sorry.” I apologized, for the third time.

“It’s okay. Again, might as well get to know each other if we’re gonna be surviving together.” Lorlin replied.

All that talking managed to get us at least 25 combined boards of wood, enough to patch up about a fourth of the wall. Most of the wall was fine, there were just some parts that needed to be repaired.

Lorlin was cutting at a much slower face and was noticeably not as excited and cheerful as before. I guess going through all of that made her upset. I felt bad, not gonna lie. But I didn’t want to apologize again and remind her.

Marino looked at Lorlin, and then gave me a glare. I looked away from him, feeling guilty.

15 minutes later…

The past 15 minutes has been nothing but the sound of the saw grinding through the wood. No one was talking, just cutting. We got enough wood to fix up the wall.

“Alright.” I spoke up. “Looks like we’re done, now what?”

“We tell Dexter.” Marino replied as he pulled out a walkie talkie. “Hey Dexter, we’re done repairing the East Side Wall.”

“Fantastic. I’ll be down there shortly.” Dexter’s voice came from the walkie talkie.

“You talk to Dexter through that?” I asked Marino.

“Yep.” He responded. “There’s one per ‘group’, and I usually keep it.”

“Oh.” I nodded my head, and Dexter finally arrived.

“Hmm.” Dexter inspected the wall. “Good work guys. You can go to the cafeteria. Dinner is ready.” Dexter went back into the community.

“Let’s go.” Marino said.

December 25th, 2016. 5:31 P.M.

We entered the cafeteria. It wasn’t the nicest, but it wasn’t bad either. They had a large variety of food: Snacks, meat, canned, pasta, anything you can think of really. It was all cooked, too.

“Let’s go over here.” Marino lead his family to an open table. “You’re welcome to eat with us, Tony. But I’d understand if you sit with your group.” He said as he walked away with his family.

I looked for my group, and I finally found them all sitting together.

“Hey, Tony!” Nick greeted me first. “Sit.”

I sat down next to Adam. Everyone greeted me.

“What’s up guys.” I said.

“Eh.” Braxton let out. “This place actually doesn’t seem too bad, not gonna lie.”

“I agree with ya bud.” Adam agreed. “I mean, as long as we stay off of Dexter’s and Ashton’s nerves, I think we can make it work.”

“This place is terrible.” Dom said. “I want out, now. I don’t wanna be in a place ruled by a tyrant.”

“Dexter seems to act nice around here so people won’t know that he’s actually crazy. He won’t go full insane on his own community and ruin everyone’s trust.” I pointed out.

“You don’t know this guy, Tony.” Dom told me.

“And you don’t either.” I told Dom.

“Yes, I do.” Dom said. “He was in the mafia as well… I saw him a lot, I tell ya. Bastard hasn’t changed one bit.”

“Whatever you say.” Eric jumped in. “This food is damn good, so I’m willing to stay.”

“You care about food or your life? Trust me, this guy isn’t the guy you wanna be with!” Dom told Eric.

“Yeah, he really isn’t…” Ashley spoke up. I forgot about her.

I looked at her. “Why was Dexter looking for you before?” I asked.

“I don’t know if you remember in the front of the gate.” Ashley started. “He was my boyfriend…”

“Really?” Dom’s eyes widened.

“Yes! But then I saw him beat an elderly couple to death! I ran away!” Ashley said, getting a bit upset.

“So that’s why…” I concluded.

“Yes…” Ashley said. “We can’t stay here. You guys have to escape while you can. It’s too late for me.”

“Come on.” Alexander spoke up. “No group member left behind. You’re one of us now.”

“Thanks…” Ashley said. “But it may not be the best idea for you guys. Dexter may not care for you guys as much, but if there’s one person here besides Ashton he cares about the most, it’s me.”

“I’m sorry Ashley.” Braxton said. “That must suck.”

“It does.” Ashley informed.

We continued eating our food, until we eventually finished. We were allowed to leave the cafeteria whenever we want, so when we finished, we got outta there.

December 25th, 2016. 11:47 P.M.

It was getting late. We were back in the room, where almost everyone was asleep, except me, Tom, Katrina, Lorlin,and Marino.

It was pretty quiet, until Tom broke the silence. “Hey, uh, I’m pretty hungry. Can I go to the snack bin and get a bag of cookies or something? I’m starving.”

“Nope, can’t. Not allowed to leave the rooms after 10:30.” Lorlin informed us.

“Why not?” Katrina asked.

“I don’t know. Just a policy.” Marino jumped in.

“Ugh.” Tom groaned. “Why is this place so strict?”

“It isn’t that strict.” Lorlin said. “I can see why they did it. They don’t want anyone trying to sneak out or anything.”

“At least I can get a good long sleep.” Tom said as he jumped into bed.

“Not really.” Marino told him. “We gotta get up at around 7’ tomorrow to help out again.”

“Ugh! Come on! Why?” Tom whined. “I just want some sleep!”

“Don’t worry. The day after tomorrow we have a day off.” Lorlin said with a smile.

“How do you know?” Katrina asked.

“Oh yeah, I forgot!” Lorlin said as she reached for a bin of papers. “Here are the schedules. We’re room 14.”

Katrina looked at it, and then gave it to me. It was hand-written, and it contained the month of December, and the days our room worked and what he had to do and the days we had off. Pretty interesting, actually.

“There’s January months too.” Lorlin said.

“Cool I guess.” Katrina shrugged. “Adam had his own calendars, but I don’t know if we were able to retrieve them.”

“Don’t worry.” Lorlin said. “These lists give us all the information we need.”

“Ugh, just wanna get the job done now? The five of us?” Marino suggested.

“Hmm, I don’t know.” Lorlin shrugged.

“What do you mean, do it now? Is that allowed?” Tom immediately sprung out of bed.

“Yeah, since our next job is indoors, we’re allowed to leave the room only as long as we do our job.” Lorlin informed us. “There are security cameras all over the place.”

“What do we have to do?” Katrina asked.

“Just gotta restock the cafeteria with food and beverages. It can take some time though.” Marino answered her.

“Come on, let’s do it now! I just want some good sleep again.” Tom said.

“I’m up for it, you guys?” Marino asked us.

“I am if you guys are.” Lorlin said.

“I will.” Katrina replied.

“What about you, Tony? Wanna come with us or get some rest?” Marino asked.

[Go to sleep and get some rest] [Get the job done now and get it out of the way]

• edited February 2015

[Get the job done now and get it out of the way] We just do it and we can rest

Awesome Part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your writing is getting awesomer!!!!!

ANNOUNCEMENT: Hey guys, luckily my writer's block didn't last long! Thank you, @TheKingOfWalkers! Anyway, this part is a bit weird. What hap

• [Get the job done now and get it out of the way]

Better to just get it out of the way now and have more time to sleep.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Hey guys, luckily my writer's block didn't last long! Thank you, @TheKingOfWalkers! Anyway, this part is a bit weird. What hap

• Hey everyone. Sorry I couldn't get a part out yesterday. I ended up staying at my cousin's house again. Today I have to work on an essay that's due tomorrow, and it's also my mom's birthday. I'll try my best to get a part out, but no promises.

• edited March 2015

Chapter 2: Part 5

December 25th, 2016. 11:50 P.M.

[Get the job done now and get it out of the way]

“Yeah, I’ll come.” I told them. “Better to get it out of the way and get more sleep tonight.”

“Yep.” Lorlin said as she opened the doors and guided us to the cafeteria.

“We have to take all of the food in here and just place them in the appropriate spots. Pretty easy job.” Marino instructed.

“That’s it?” Tom asked.

“Yep.” Marino reassured. “It can take a while, though. There’s a lot of food and drinks that need to be sorted out. But since there’s five of us it should be pretty easy.”

“Alright, I’ll get the chips, Marino, you get the drinks. Katrina will get the pastries, Tom will get the raw meat, and Tony, you will get the canned food.” Lorlin ordered.

“I don’t want the raw meat! That’s nasty!” Tom refused.

“Ugh, are you serious?” Katrina put her hand on her forehead. “I’ll get the meat.”

“Thanks!” Tom said as he ran to the pastries.

“Wuss.” Katrina groaned as she walked away.

I walked over to the cans, which was all the way to the other side of the cafeteria. Luckily, there wasn’t too much. I started placing the cans in their appropriate places. Thinking about it, this was the only time in a while where I’ve had some alone time since all of this started. Back at the cabin, I shared a room with Eric, so I didn’t really have any alone time. This was kind of nice, actually. I just can’t believe that it’s been almost 2 months since all of this started… I wonder if any of celebrities made it. Baseball players I used to watch, did they all die? Professional sports players? Famous actors? Famous musicians? Are they all dead? Or are they all surviving with other groups? That’d be pretty lucky. But then again, they might all be dead. Who knows how many people are left in this world. Come to think of it, I miss my parents a lot. They didn’t really act like parents, but I just miss being around them. They still did good things for me. I miss being able to eat whenever I want. Being able to sleep whenever I want. Being able to watch TV and use electronics. Not having to worry about people you care about dying every day.

I didn’t even realize it, but I already finished organizing all of the cans while thinking. I’d say it took about 8 minutes. When I was done, I just continued to sit there. Taking advantage of this one time I got to be alone again. It was pretty sad knowing that I can never be able to just be at peace with myself.

I eventually found myself wandering and exploring the cafeteria, which was pretty big. I’m sure I’m allowed to just explore, I mean, I am technically helping with my group. But it wasn’t too long until I found myself lost. I was at a hallway-like area of the cafeteria, and I was at the end of the community, and I was next to a window. I heard noises, people talking, coming from outside. I decided to take a look through the window. I saw Dexter scolding a man. He was pretty loud, but his voice managed to stay hidden behind the walls. The man looked hopeless as Dexter picked him up by grabbing his shirt. There was nothing I can do to help.

Dexter proceeded to punch the man repeatedly in the face. The man tried to fight back, but we was helpless. Dexter kicked him to the ground and pulled out his signature blade, the one he had drew on us at the cabin. He stabbed the man in the chest, and then took off his shirt. Dexter began to carve an “X” into his stomach. This was disgusting! I couldn’t bear to look. What in the world is wrong with that guy? Dexter began to turn towards me, and I quickly ran away as fast as I could.

I ran so fast I actually ended up running into Katrina at the end of the cafeteria. “Tony? Where the hell were you?” She asked.

I was gasping for air, hoping to God that Dexter didn’t just see me. “Dexter! He! Killed!” I can barely even get out my words.

“What?” Katrina questioned.

“I’ll tell you later, I gotta get to our room!” I ran out of the cafeteria and walked as normal to my room, so if there was anyone watching the cameras didn’t suspect me of anything. God, I hope there was no one watching.

I entered my room, and it was another quiet scene. Everyone was still sleeping. I layed on the top bunk of my bed which was above Braxton. I tried to embrace the quiet moment again, but I couldn’t get what I just saw out of my bed. I just decided to lay down and try to get some sleep.

"Tony, come on!” My dad yelled to me.

“Coming!” My 8-year old self scrambled downstairs, to an overwhelming sight. A beautiful Christmas tree with presents. It wasn’t much, but it was enough to make me happy.

“Open them!” My mom said.

I ripped open my first present. Super Mario 64! I’ve always wanted that since it came out!

“Thank you!” I ran up to my parents and hugged them both. There were still more presents for me!

I tore open another present. This time it was a brand new baseball! It was a real one, too! My other two presents were a baseball bat and a baseball mitt! This was amazing!

“Now you and dad can throw the ball around and play catch!” Mom smiled.

“Yep, wanna go out now?” Dad asked.

“Daddy! It’s too cold outside!” I started laughing.

Mom and dad started laughing along. I was having a great time. This was definitely the best Christmas ever. Probably the most I’ve seen mom and dad actually show some love! It was great!

“I love you guys!” I ran up and hugged mom and dad again.

December 26th, 2016. 10:36 A.M.

“Get up, Tony.” Adam shook me while on the ladder.

I opened my eyes and I was brought back to this new world. That dream-flashback felt so real. I miss those Christmases. Yesterday being Christmas, and seeing Dexter do that, and just… everything was so shitty now. I was really sad.

“You okay, Tony?” Adam asked.

“Huh?” I got out of my trance.

“Are you alright? You eyes are pretty watery.” Adam pointed out.

I wiped my eyes, and sure enough, my eyes were watery. I didn’t even realize I was this sad. That flashback just hit me hard for some reason. “Yeah, I’m fine…”

“You don’t seem fine dude.” Adam retorted.

“It’s nothing… just had a bad dream.” I responded.

“Oh.” Adam nodded. “Come on, it’s time to eat breakfast. Maybe that’ll cheer you up.”

I followed Adam to the cafeteria and sat with my old group again. Our table was served scrambled eggs. Everyone devoured their food, while I was just staring at it. I finally started to eat, very slowly. Adam looked at me again.

“Come on, Tony. That dream was that bad?” He asked.

“Yes!” I said in a louder voice.

“Sorry…” Adam turned back and drank some of his orange juice.

“I’m sorry Adam. It was just personal… that’s all…” I felt guilty.

“It’s fine. I totally understand. I’m sorry I keep bugging you.” Adam apologized again.

“It’s okay, you didn’t know.” I told him.

I turned to eat my food, where my entire group was looking at me. “Maybe you should get some rest, Tony?” Nick suggested.

“Nah, I think that would make it worse…” I told him.

“Come on man, I’m sure that dream couldn’t have been that bad…” Eric said.

I have Eric a sharp glare. “Just saying…” He trailed off. Dom shook his head.

“Told you this place can do a lot to change someone. I sure as hell don’t remember Tony being so depressed.” Ashley stated.

“Ashley, can I talk to you for a minute?” I asked her.

“Sure.” Ashley accepted as we both slided to the other end of the table, where it was just the two of us.

“Well, last night, while you guys were sleeping, Lorlin, Marino, Katrina, Tom and I decided to get one of our tasks done so that we wouldn’t have to do them this morning…” I started.

“I’m listening.” Ashley said.

“Well, I wandered around for a bit, and…” I said. “And…”

“And what? You okay?” Ashley asked.

“I saw Dexter kill a man and carve an “X” in his stomach. They were outside.” I stated.

Ashley made an angry face. “Fuck that guy! I told you he was crazy!”

“I know what you mean.” I said.

“Just try to get that out of your head. I’m gonna try to stop him for good.” Ashley said.

“Uh, you sure about that?” I asked.

“Yep. He shouldn’t be a problem if we overpower him.” Ashley told me.

“That’s the problem.” I said. “Everyone here respects that asshole. They think he’s a caring leader.”

“Pfft!” Ashley swatted her hand. “That is the problem! And if you think Dexter’s bad… just wait until you see the crazy shit Ashton does…”

“Damn.” I shook my head. “Why don’t we just tell everyone about Dexter and Ashton?”

“We can’t just flat out tell everyone.” Ashley stated. “They’ll find out and kill us.”

“Then how the hell are you going to stop them?” I asked.

“I don’t know…” Ashley trailed off. “We’re gonna need to come up with a plan.”

“We better come up with one quick.” I said.

“Be patient. Don’t want to rush things and screw up.” Ashley told me. “Come on, let’s go back and eat.” We both slid down and I finally managed to finish my scrambled eggs.

December 26th, 2016. 11:25 A.M.

I arrived back at my room where it was only Eric sitting on a bed. “Hey Tony. You still feel like shit?” He asked.

“Yep. And you ain’t helping.” I told him.

“Come on! I’m trying to make you feel better bro.” Eric said.

“Whatever.” I said. “Where’s everyone else?”

“They went outside with Dexter. He’s teaching them how to use pulleys and ropes and all that.” Eric replied.

“They’re with him? Alone?! Ashley too? Gahh!” I was pissed. I’m so tired of hearing that guy doing good things. I hated him so much. I threw a pillow across the room.

“Dude! Chill! What’s your problem?!” Eric asked as he dodged the pillow I threw.

“Nothing… just ignore me…” I calmed down. “Why aren’t you out there?”

“I didn’t want to go. So I didn’t go.” Eric shrugged.

“You just disobeyed him like that?!” Uh oh. “What did he say after that?”

“He just stared at me and said ‘Alright then.’” Eric replied.

That didn’t sound like a good response. “Shit! You might have just screwed yourself over! You do not want to mess with that guy!” I raised my voice.

“I think you’re overreacting.” Eric shrugged again.

“No! You have to get out there now!” I told him.

“I don’t want to go with that freak!” Eric backed away. “I know he wants you to go, too. If you’re so paranoid over that then just get out of here and ride him all you want.”

[Don’t go to Dexter] [Go to Dexter alone] [Go to Dexter and bring Eric along]

• [Go to Dexter alone]

Chapter 2: Part 5 December 25th, 2016. 11:50 P.M. [Get the job done now and get it out of the way] “Yeah, I’ll come.” I told them.

• edited March 2015

[Go to Dexter and bring Eric along]

Might as well try to help Eric, he might get killed anyway.

Chapter 2: Part 5 December 25th, 2016. 11:50 P.M. [Get the job done now and get it out of the way] “Yeah, I’ll come.” I told them.

• [Go to Dexter and bring Eric along]

• edited March 2015

[Go to Dexter alone]

• edited March 2015

Awesome Chapter!!!

• Chapter 2: Part 6

December 26th, 2016. 11:27 A.M.

“No dude. You’re coming with me whether you like it or not. I don’t want you getting killed.” I told Eric.

“Fine… whatever you say…” Eric groaned and got up and we both walked out.

Eric and I walked outside to see Dexter with the rest of my group as well as the Santiago’s.

“Make sure to not release the rope if there’s something attached to the pulley.” Dexter rambled. “The object will come flying towards you and cause either little to a lot of damage, depending on the object.” Dexter was looking like a teacher. He turned to me. “Hey Tony, glad to see you joined us!”

I looked at him and walked in line next to Alexander. I didn’t bother to respond. Dexter continued to teach.

“For example.” Dexter said. “Watch what happens when I let go of this rope.” Dexter took his hand off the rope. A sandbag came flying down, exploding on impact, causing sand to fly everywhere.

“Ahh!!” Pretty much all of us covered our faces.

“Oops!” Dexter chuckled. “See, that’s why you don’t want to let go!”

“Fucking asshole…” Dom whispered.

“What was that, Dom?” Dexter walked up to him.

“I said, you’re a fucking asshole.” Dom spat in his face.

“No need to be so rude, Dom!” Marino scowled at him. Dom looked at him and looked away.

“Alrighty then…” Dexter walked away from Dom and back to the pulley. “That’s it, really. Since you know how to use these sons of bitches, let’s get some work done.”

“Uh, Mr. Dexter…” Santiago raised his hand as if he was in school. “The list says we’re off today. We already completed our tasks this morning.”

Dexter took the list from Santiago and looked at it. “Oh, looks like you guys are off!” Dexter exclaimed.

“Yeah…” Santiago scratched his arm.

“Well, this stuff is mandatory and needs to be done, and since there are no other groups working on this, we need you guys to. Just raise the sandbags up to the roof, we already have another group waiting to collect them. 10 sandbags each pulley, not that much. You guys can uh, take off tomorrow.” Dexter walked back inside. “Get to work!” He raised his hand as he left.

“I’m not doing this shit.” Dom stomped towards the buckets of water.

Everyone watched him walk away and then proceeded to station at their pulleys and such, except Ashley and I. “Dom! You need to get back here!” I yelled to him.

“Nope!” Dom said down against the wall. We were on the North Side Walls now.

“I’ll go talk to him.” Ashley said. “He seems to be the only one here besides you who hates Dexter.”

“Yep. Apparently they know each other personally.” I told her.

“No wonder why.” Ashley sighed as he approached Dom. That left me alone. I noticed there were no free pulleys left, all of them were occupied.

“Uh… what am I supposed to do?” I asked, hoping someone would answer.

“Here, help Gaston.” Lucia replied, who happened to be at the pulley right in front of me. Gaston was struggling a bit, after all, he was only 7.

“Here.” I told him. “I got this.”

“But, Dexter will get mad!” Gaston looked up at me.

“You’ve seen him get mad?” I asked.

“Yes, I don’t like it. He scares me! He even looks scary!” Gaston explained.

Wow. Even a 7 year old can tell Dexter isn’t the man he appears to be. “Here, put your hands on the rope and try to pull as hard as you can, I’ll pull it myself so it looks like we’re both doing it.” I instructed.

Gaston pulled as hard as he can, lifting the sandbag about 2 feet from the ground. He was actually stronger than I thought. I then pulled myself, and the sandbag was hovering over the roof of the building. A person on the roof collected the sandbag. “9 more to go.” I said.

10 minutes later…

The person on the roof collected our last sandbag. “Good work, Gaston!” We high-fived each other. Gaston was happy, and he seemed to like me. “You’re cool, Tony!” He said.

“Heh, nah, you’re cooler.” I poked him. A big smile occupied Gaston’s face.

“Thanks, Tony.” Lucia grabbed Gaston’s arm and waited by the door.

I looked around, and pretty much everyone was finishing up their sandbags. I looked at Dom and Ashley, who were sitting next to each other on the ground against the wall. I forgot about them. They were both smiling and laughing, and playfully pushing each other around. They seemed to be getting along. I decided to check in on them.

“Hey guys, sorry to interrupt.” I waved awkwardly, with a weird smile stuck on my face. I probably looked like an idiot.

“Hey.” They both said, and they were both smiling. This was probably the first time I’ve seen Dom having this much fun. He never really had much fun with cards or monopoly back at the cabin.

“You guys doing good?” I asked.

“We’re doing more than good.” Dom laughed.

“Stop!” Ashley shoved Dom, in a playful way, of course. They both couldn’t stop smiling and laughing. I couldn’t help but laugh too. It was always good to have fun in times like this.

Braxton walked over to us. “Hey there! I was going to go inside and have a snack, but I couldn’t help but notice you too hitting it off over here. They rejected ya, Tony?” Braxton chuckled.

“Shut up Braxton!” Ashley wet her hands from the water buckets and splashed Braxton.

“Ahh!” Braxton got water himself and splashed Ashley back. They were both just splashing each other with water, while Ashley was practically reaching over to the point where she was on top of Dom just trying to get some water. Dom seemed to be enjoying it, he was laughing harder than ever. And then I was just standing here awkwardly, watching the whole thing unfold.

“Okay, enough!” Dom pushed Ashley off of him and Braxton backed up. The 4 of us were having a really good time.

“Alright, I’m gonna get a snack. Wanna come Tony? It’d be better to not be a third wheel.” Braxton laughed again.

“Gah! Braxton!” Ashley attempted to get more water but Dom stopped her.

“You guys can go!” Dom chuckled as he and Ashley were finally sitting next to each other like they were before I interrupted.

December 26th, 2016. 6:20 P.M.

We had just gotten back from eating dinner. Our entire group was chilling and relaxing in our room. We were just talking to each other, having another good time. That was until Dexter walked in out of no where and interrupted. We all looked at him, and he looked at us. “You.” He pointed to Dom. “Come to my office.”

Dom looked at him. “What is this? A school?”

“To my office, now.” Dexter demanded.

“I don’t know where your office is.” Dom. shrugged.

“Just follow me.” Dexter ordered.

Dom groaned as he got up and they both left the room. That made me really nervous. The room fell silent. “Uh… why does he want to see Dom?” I asked.

“Probably just something he needs to be informed on.” Lorlin responded.

“Are you sure?” I questioned. I looked at Ashley who was sitting on the couch. She looked back at me, and her eyes widened and shook her head. That wasn’t a good sign.

“Hey, it isn’t after 10:30. I can still go out.” I said.

“Yeah, Tony, you don’t really want to-” Ashley started but I didn’t want to waste time.

“I’m going to his office.” I walked out without listening to anything anyone else had to say. Now, where was his office?” I had no idea. There were a few people hanging out and walking around outside the rooms. I turned to a middle-aged woman. “Hey, do you know where Dexter’s office is?” I asked.

“Yep, right up those stairs and his room should be first thing on the left.” She pointed to the stairwell.

“Thanks.” I said as I walked up the stairs.

There was a hallway at the beginning of the stairs, and sure enough, there was a room to the left. A slate that said “Dexter’s Office” was hanging next to the door. There were some windows to his office, surprisingly. None of our rooms had windows.

I carefully peeked my head over to get a glimpse through the window, and I saw Dom sitting in a wooden chair. I couldn’t hear anything. these windows and walls were like bulletproof or something. Dexter raised his hands and then leaned over Dom with a creepy smile. Dom didn’t look too scared. He kept a straight face the entire time. Dexter grabbed Dom by his shirt and lifted him high in the air, kicking the wooden chair over against the wall. Shit, was he going to kill him? Was he just going to beat him or something? Or was he going to do anything? Should I help? This was not a good situation...

[Intervene] [Don’t intervene]

• [Go to dexter alone]

Just read the story, I love it so far!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.