Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Me too, I'm really interested to see if we'll be able to see the other side of the Vortex members aside from (determinant) Taylor.

CathalOHara posted: »

Or worse, she could be dead regardless. Heck Max is in the vortex club now. Could you imagine how she would feel if she found out she was on

• I really love how each episode is introducing something new: First we had the impossibility of rewinding in a key moment, and now we can actually alter history. I wonder what will they introduce next, but so far I'm absolutely loving this game!

And all that lesbian tease payed off a little at least hooray!

• I have a few.

Nearly all the bonding moments I had with Chloe honestly. I actually feel more closer to her now. And I actually find the part of kissing Chloe more adorable than arousing.

Going through the school campus at night was great. It was fun sneaking through school at night!

And pissing off Frank with the beans was hilarious.

What was your favorite part of the episode?

• I know, you are right. They are all great games and all but you know I can hardly ever tolerate LiS's impact.

Are we scared of being emotional? Becuase that is kind what Walking Dead does and Game of Thons and Wolf among Us and Tales from Borderland. They all are very emotional.

1. 8/10
    2. Ep. 3
    3. Ep. 1
    4. At the moment no. Chloe hasn't shown any sign that she is currently miserable unlike the original timeline. Assuming she is isn't fair to the disabled.
    5. No. Max just isn't looking for a relationship at this time. That and Max has been around Chloe for less than a week and has already built and detonated a bomb.
    #TeamSarah posted: »

POLLS FOR LIFE IS STRANGE OUT OF TIME! http://strawpoll.me/4404033 http://strawpoll.me/4404041 http://strawpoll.me/4404045 http://strawpoll.me/4404052 http://strawpoll.me/4404060

• edited May 2015

This is to everyone who choice to throw it into the street

Alt text
    Alt text

Just kidding, but seriously that was a choice I didn't suspect in the game

• The devs are referring this to season one.

And an "interview" they mentioned season 2 to be most likely.

Anything can happen

I don't think it has, I haven't seen any sort of confirmation that there will be a second season.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

I agree. That girl is dead-weight.

Gary-Oak posted: »

Probably because we were forced to hang out with Chloe again. She's a horrible character.

• That's just.....

bruh

Gary-Oak posted: »

She deserves a slap from anybody.

• At first, I was rather surprised that they actually gave us so much tease, but it made the ending much more effective.

And my jaw dropped when they gave us the option to kiss or not. :)

Trenchfoot posted: »

I really love how each episode is introducing something new: First we had the impossibility of rewinding in a key moment, and now we can act

• It may depend on the rules of Max's new power. If it ultimately comes down to dead dad or paralysis the choice may not be so simple. I'd actually like it to play out as Chloe being happy but Max hating the changes in her own life and having to choose to be selfish or selfless. Unfortunately there isn't enough game left for something like that.

I'm not so sure. If there's a way to stop her from becoming disabled, I'm sure she'd like us to take it.

• I'm seeing a lot of Chloe hate now, but keep this in mind in the next episode.

The new Chloe, whether or not she be temporary, is completely different to the one in the original timeline. Don't assume you'll dislike her, she certainly wont be as rebellious and rude now.

• I am actually very interested in her character. Also, I can't wait to see the new Chloe and her personality.

The interesting thing about all of this, it is that do we prefer the Chloe we have come to know or the new Chloe that we have yet to know?

• I'm calling it now, In the alternate timeline Joyce is dead.
    We didn't see her, and we know that Chloe got hurt(car accident?) if so Joyce could have died during whatever happened(considering Chloe's injuries I wouldn't be surprised if it had potential for death.
    My theory is that this is what will push Max to going back to the original timeline. They need something to make the choice obvious for Max since there's no way they could handle making a choice that huge.

They could just make Max change it to prevent Chloe's injuries, but dead dad Vs. severe paralysis seems like too heavy of a choice to have Max have a canon decision.

I could be totally wrong, but I think this makes the most sense.

• Go on YouTube and white Swingpoynt life is strange episode 3, he do awesome playthrough.

That's cool but I asked for a link

• Are Chloe & Max bisexual or lesbian? I don't think Max is a lesbian because she said something about a cute hipster boy in episode 3. So if she's lesbian she wouldn't call a guy cute. But Chloe on the other hand I have no clue.

• Chloe mentions a bad boy/ boy toy phase, so they're Bi.

Pink Rabbit posted: »

Are Chloe & Max bisexual or lesbian? I don't think Max is a lesbian because she said something about a cute hipster boy in episode 3. So if she's lesbian she wouldn't call a guy cute. But Chloe on the other hand I have no clue.

• Thanks for the answer.

AdamGoodtme posted: »

Chloe mentions a bad boy/ boy toy phase, so they're Bi.

• I like the idea of selfless or selfish. And you never know - there's always DLC and Season 2 possibilities.

If there's a cliffhanger in episode 5, though, I will cry.

Skiba7671 posted: »

It may depend on the rules of Max's new power. If it ultimately comes down to dead dad or paralysis the choice may not be so simple. I'd act

• Who knows? That's why it was a great ending - there's almost limitless possibilities for the story and I can't wait.

I am actually very interested in her character. Also, I can't wait to see the new Chloe and her personality. The interesting thing about all of this, it is that do we prefer the Chloe we have come to know or the new Chloe that we have yet to know?

• To be fair, she could have just not realized she was a lesbian at that point. I'm glad they're leaving her and Max's sexuality as ambiguous currently.

• I had a similar idea but my theory is that if you save one member of Chloe's family, one other will die or be hurt seriously. I.e. we manage to save Chloe's dad but also prevent her from becoming disabled, but Joyce died instead.

• edited May 2015

I think depends on the players choice. If you kissed Chloe she's bisexual/lesbian but if you didn't kiss Chloe she's straight

Are Chloe & Max bisexual or lesbian? I don't think Max is a lesbian because she said something about a cute hipster boy in episode 3. So if she's lesbian she wouldn't call a guy cute. But Chloe on the other hand I have no clue.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

My Max isn't Bi..

• I played Ep. 3 and enoyed it a lot. If you want to buy it, do it. For me, Episode 3 is better than Episode 2.

• edited May 2015

Possibly the worst (or best) part about this form of story-telling is that the writers can only rely on what other authors/movies have done as a reference, since people in reality have little idea of how time travel could work, or even if it's plausible.

The best source I have is a lecture outline by Dr. Sean Carroll here.

An excerpt:
    "The trick to time travel isn’t to build a machine; it’s to warp spacetime so much that we can keep moving forward in time yet come back to where we started, that is, bending our light cones so much that we can move in a circle—a closed timelike curve."

Also this and this.

• I'm not so sure about the alter history thing. Maybe it's just a vision of what would happen and Max will wake up in her room again.

Trenchfoot posted: »

I really love how each episode is introducing something new: First we had the impossibility of rewinding in a key moment, and now we can act

• I always said that it might be determinant. And we might've had a hand in it.

A couple years back in TTG's The Walking Dead, after Episode 1 and dealing with Larry, everyone was talking "I'm gonna kill that guy first chance I get", and by Episode 2, Telltale was like "Okay, there you go. Here's your chance". But, the situation of that decision made a majority of players not go through with it.

And now with Max and Chloe's relationship. Over the past few months, everyone was talking how they were hoping/not hoping they would get together, or at least let us decide what we want. And when Chloe dared Max to kiss her, that was Dontnod's way of going "Okay, there you go. Here's your chance". It might've been a little sudden, but a majority of players did kissed her.

• I think they're both just experimenting and not sure about their sexuality. You definitely can't tell they're lesbian from this little peck.

• So far Life is Strange is my GoTY 2015

• Just because you didn't kiss Chloe, doesn't mean your Max isn't Bi. You're assuming that the player gets to choose the characters sexuality, and you may be right, but it could be that the player just chooses whether to act on it and/or who Max likes.

Cope49 posted: »

My Max isn't Bi..

• Depending on your choices, Chloe admits she had/has? a crush on Rachel, calling her smart and sexy. She also mentions going through a "boy toy" phase. So at the very least Chloe is confirmed as Bi. I agree with you on Max not quite knowing her sexuality though.

rousseau posted: »

I think they're both just experimenting and not sure about their sexuality. You definitely can't tell they're lesbian from this little peck.

• edited May 2015

This game keeps touching an emotional part of me. It is surprising.It really hits a part of me, that I can only describe as my innocence from childhood. I know it is weird to describe it as such.

So far Life is Strange is my GoTY 2015

• Same here. It's extremely underrated by the mainstream reviewers IMO.

So far Life is Strange is my GoTY 2015

So seeing as how the alternate timeline seems mixed to this thread, I've created a Strawpoll:

Do you like the idea of this alternate timeline?

• I pre-ordered the game, but so far, I've only played the first episode, even though I bought the whole game. I love it and all, but I just never have time to play it, so that;s why I haven't gotten through the other episodes. I love the game play and graphics though; Definitely the game I've been waiting for for a while now.

• Episode 3 has got a lot of very positive reviews.

Same here. It's extremely underrated by the mainstream reviewers IMO.

• I dislike normal timeline Chloe. I like younger Chloe. I think i'll like Alt timeline Chloe.

• TheShyGuyTheShyGuy Banned
    edited May 2015

An anagram on Max's shirt

Alt text

I still don't know what her shirt actually means honestly.

TheShyGuy posted: »

An anagram on Max's shirt

Sign in to comment in this discussion.