Episode 3 Release Date Discussion - PC/Mac/PS4&3/Xbox One/360/iOS/Android Out Now

Comments

• even though I give a shit as well thats a great quote

Have a gold star you special snowflake.

• I hope your right... I've been waiting for ages...

Poogers555 posted: »

I think a SUPER small chance it might be June 2nd, but only if it gets classified within 7 days.

• Praise the almighty gortys core!

nohuhhuh posted: »

So much hype!!

• I'm more worried about the guy that walked by the window...

RedHounds posted: »

What is even up with the guy in the background of that gif? XD

• :( so sad no TFTB ep3... this gif made it worse ;__;

Quiff posted: »

I will wait.

• I put my money on J9... July 9th

hahahah......hhaa...ha

cries

• I know and I'm not sorry :P

Hey, posting about Metallica is my thing.

• I'm not saying they should rush and that's a rather poor read of my stance. I obviously prefer good games. This, though, this is the opposite of a rush. Telltale assured us that taking on projects hand over fist wouldn't hurt releases. S1 TWD came out like clockwork. Everything after that was squiffy at best. Now compare Dontnod's Life is Strange (my goty). 6-8 weeks, like clockwork. Extremely high quality episodes. It's obvious it can be done, unless of course you've spread yourself too thin. Why spread yourself thin? For the consumer? Nah. This is a money thing. And sure, it's fun and the games are good. Doesn't mean they're not in it for the money. And that doesn't mean they can't give back, at the same time. Whether it's legit compassion or good PR, you can be greedy and nice. It's not necessarily a problem unless your greed oversteps your good will. They're on that path.

And trust me, I don't mind the season pass when I view it as an investment. Did it for LiS, did it for every TTG I've played (all since TWD S1 where I started years ago except GoT because no). That said, once they have our money there is no incentive for them to go fast or slow or anything. Sure, reputation, et cetera, blah blah blah, but this is definitely not the first time they've lagged behind heavily and they seem to still be going on strong.

And what's wrong with saying that they get people to invest in a project, via season pass, by building up hype, both brandwise and from first episodes? That's totally their business model. And, like preordering (though less bad) they get our money without providing the merchandise. My money, however trivial the amount, is currently on loan to Telltale until the product is released. And sure, I'm cool giving them money to insure I get a good product, in a reasonable amount of time, but that doesn't mean it's not us at their mercy. We give them our money for an IOU, and hope they make good on it. Typically risk is mostly on the producer. We, by reading reviews, seek to minimize our own risk by buying only quality games. Preorders means they get the money and then we get the product, with max risk of having made a poor investment (coughs AC:Unity). We don't get the benefit of reading reviews in advance. We just hope, based upon previous quality, that it's good. And TTG is wearing its good will thin, at least with regards to TftB.

eRock92 posted: »

...Ok, I don't even know where to begin. * So you rather have TellTale rush through 4-6 weeks to make a game? Because, it is not like

• This wait is killing me.

Alt text

• God damnit.

OzzyUK posted: »

Ashley Johnson tweeted this https://twitter.com/TheVulcanSalute/status/601461020817686528 Looking at Job's comment "she plays a

• No it's not.

tintin1029 posted: »

The fact that Ellie is gonna play the Gortys Project is the greatest thing ever

• Oh great, Ashley Johnson is voicing the Gortys Core. At least now I know that I'll hate that character.

• So... Uk date be all like. 9/6/15

But swap it around like some american person dose.

6/9/15

... Yeahhhh ....

I put my money on J9... July 9th hahahah......hhaa...ha cries

• SoMuchSass posted: »

I know and I'm not sorry :P

• I hate to be one of those people who are all "wah, don't be that date, because I can't play it then".

But,

WAH, DON'T BE THAT DATE, BECAUSE I CAN'T PLAY IT THEN!!!

Literally any other week would be fine, but with my timezone it'll drop in the very early hours of the 10th (which is normally fine and I'd just pull an all-nighter), but I have an exam the next morning, so there's no way I can stay up - and then I have a second exam the next day so I should technically not play it until that's over too (but I don't think I'd be able to resist)!

So basically, going off my normal misfortune/poor timing, I'm pretty much willing to call J9 confirmed because the universe just loves to screw with ol' Jackie! :(

But still, I definitely wouldn't begrudge anyone the wonderment of ep 3 just because I can't play it (though I probably will pout)...

Karnedg2013 posted: »

Jn9 Deal with it!

• edited May 2015

Yo will see...

whispers

...You all will see...

Jn9

I hate to be one of those people who are all "wah, don't be that date, because I can't play it then". But, WAH, DON'T BE THAT DATE, BE

• Alt text

Ooh, big update (yes, I know it still gets compressed or whatever, but still, something large was just added)!

• Oh sh-

Alt text

Ooh, big update (yes, I know it still gets compressed or whatever, but still, something large was just added)!

• something large was just added

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

• June 2 then?

Do it for Jack, Telltale!

I hate to be one of those people who are all "wah, don't be that date, because I can't play it then". But, WAH, DON'T BE THAT DATE, BE

• edited May 2015

Um, you don't even have any evidence that Ashley is going to be playing the SAME kind of character.

Troy Baker plays a character in this game and he is EXTREMELY different from Joel.

We get it, you hate the Last Of Us, doesn't mean you need to de-value Ashley Johnson as a voice actor.

Gary-Oak posted: »

Oh great, Ashley Johnson is voicing the Gortys Core. At least now I know that I'll hate that character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG13L9H-4I8

• Alt text

Green613 posted: »

something large was just added ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKP9RwoTWwE

• So something about purple skags? Well now. A chase is afoot no doubt!

Pictures that Hammerlock 'might' be referenced in the episode. ...Again, could be wrong.

• The Purple Skag is the bar that August runs (and Vallory owns?).

Also, it's kind of like their codename for Tales and crops up on all the Steam DB stuff - all the other TT games have their own codename, and from memory they're all based on in-game locations. :)

RedHounds posted: »

So something about purple skags? Well now. A chase is afoot no doubt! Pictures that Hammerlock 'might' be referenced in the episode. ...Again, could be wrong.

• Well, I walked right into that one...

Alt text

Green613 posted: »

something large was just added ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

This sounds correct, the "purpleskag" is some sort of Steam database folder or code name.

"Ironwood" is used in Game of Thrones, "Backpack" was used in TWD season 2 and "puddingnpie" was used for TWAU.

The Purple Skag is the bar that August runs (and Vallory owns?). Also, it's kind of like their codename for Tales and crops up on all the

• EVERYONE WINS THAT WAY!

#J2

Pipas posted: »

June 2 then? Do it for Jack, Telltale!

• Ah, my bad then.

The Purple Skag is the bar that August runs (and Vallory owns?). Also, it's kind of like their codename for Tales and crops up on all the

• Jokes on you, I like this song.

SoMuchSass posted: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfoFZI9b67s

• GORTY'S A GIRL! GORTY'S A GIRL! So this is so awesome!!!!!! XD

OzzyUK posted: »

Ashley Johnson tweeted this https://twitter.com/TheVulcanSalute/status/601461020817686528 Looking at Job's comment "she plays a

• :( Noooo, my evil masterplan failed... Btw I discovered you have a youtube channel :D now I have a reason to rewatch TFTB and GoT again :D and also TWD :D

Jokes on you, I like this song.

• No not that film! I was in tears! T_T

takakonoe posted: »

I'm still waiting for you Episode 3...

• edited May 2015

:Ermagerd,i need it NOW!!!!

Im like that fat kid in a light bluse shirt with a propeller hat, and one of giant lolipops, (if you know what i mean guy is here) and 7 bags of candy full to the friggin brim with candy and i am screaming at my dad to buy me more cand:y, but he tells me no because i already spent them all the money on my candy, i jump up and down and cry, red in the face. Now i am an adult. My candy habits f**ked my teeth up, but of all the candies i like chocolate. I made a candy called "The Greasy Broccoli's Chocolate Factory". You didnt expect that ending. Now Ur guyeses eting mi chalkolots.

Moral of the story: You are all bitches.

Wait... wrong moral for this story. Let me retry.

Moral of the story: Don't trust stangers who want to take you home.

Hold on, still wrong one

Moral of the story: If you eat chocolates, you are going to become famous chocolate maker.

No, that's still the wrong one.

Moral of the story Just because you don't have something now, doesn't mean good things arent comeing.

Yup, thats the right one. Also there may be a stray ":" in the story. My phone was being stupid.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.