Episode 3 Release Date Discussion - PC/Mac/PS4&3/Xbox One/360/iOS/Android Out Now

Comments

• If it's not June 9th I really doubt June 16th is even a possibility since that's when E3 is and Telltale is releasing TWD news at that time. I think the safest date now would be the Tuesday after E3. So the 23rd it is then :P

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Guys J9 is lost. Officially. Onward to J16 (seriously though this is redonkulous)

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Just after Half-Life 3

• Hey don't worry guys.

If that helps you, the episode will be released this year :DDD Wooooo

• hmm...do you think they gonna show ep3 trailer at E3?

ugh, I want them to announce The Wolf Among Us 2 though

Green613 posted: »

If it's not June 9th I really doubt June 16th is even a possibility since that's when E3 is and Telltale is releasing TWD news at that time. I think the safest date now would be the Tuesday after E3. So the 23rd it is then :P

• crips

crips plz

Crips posted: »

Hey don't worry guys. If that helps you, the episode will be released this year :DDD Wooooo

• THE EPISODE GET ERASED OR SOMETHING BY ACCIDENT TELLTALE?

• Alt text

Hey don't worry guys. If that helps you, the episode will be released this year :DDD Wooooo

• At this rate I swear the first season of GoT will be over long before this game and there will probably be already 2 Minecraft episodes released!

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

E3 is normally a place where companies show new games so it seems unlikely that they will show a trailer for episode 3 there.

sSOPHOo posted: »

hmm...do you think they gonna show ep3 trailer at E3? ugh, I want them to announce The Wolf Among Us 2 though

• Alt text

• Over 70 new comments.

Still no news.

Alt text

• Alt text

Telltale pls

ABigBadWolf posted: »

Over 70 new comments. Still no news.

• even kayne west loves tftb more than kayne west

ABigBadWolf posted: »

Over 70 new comments. Still no news.

• I think i'm loosing my mind D: i can't wait anymore, it's killing me. telltale, please!

• The reason they're being so secretive about episode 3.... is because episode 3... is actually codename for... Borderlands 3!!!!!

TBA E3 2015, get hype!!!!!!!

• I wonder if there will be another joke about our wait at the beginning of Episode 3.

• They either forgot about ep 3 or it'll be 5 hours long. I hope it's the latter.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2015

or it'll be 5 hours long. I hope it's the latter.

I'm doubtful of that. Telltale designs their episodes so that they can be played in one sitting, and thinks that people want short episodes and not longer episodes.

They either forgot about ep 3 or it'll be 5 hours long. I hope it's the latter.

• How can they start episode 3 now? They already blew the long wait joke!

I wonder if there will be another joke about our wait at the beginning of Episode 3.

• Didn't they abandon the 90 minute thing after TWAU and TWD S2. I mean Episode 1 of Tales was almost 2 and a half hours long, and thrones has been very consistent on having 2 hour long episodes. 5 hours seems a bit ridiculous, but i'm sure some people take small breaks with these 2 hour long episodes maybe.... I wouldn't consider 2 hours to be short to be honest. In my opinion its the perfect length for this kind of storytelling.

or it'll be 5 hours long. I hope it's the latter. I'm doubtful of that. Telltale designs their episodes so that they can be played in one sitting, and thinks that people want short episodes and not longer episodes.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2015

I was actually alluding to a greater, overall change in Telltale's direction over time. Even around the time of Walking Dead: Season 1, they've been pushing for a more cinematic and streamlined feel in comparison to their older titles. Older games before Walking Dead were longer, but didn't focus as heavily on story telling as the newer titles did. I agree in that the length for GoT/TftB episodes is certainly better in comparison to Wolf and Walking Dead: Season 2.

5 hours is a bit much solely for a storytelling game, but I think that about two and a half or three hours would be pretty close to ideal for Telltale's current gameplay style.

Didn't they abandon the 90 minute thing after TWAU and TWD S2. I mean Episode 1 of Tales was almost 2 and a half hours long, and thrones has

• Fine. J23

Green613 posted: »

If it's not June 9th I really doubt June 16th is even a possibility since that's when E3 is and Telltale is releasing TWD news at that time. I think the safest date now would be the Tuesday after E3. So the 23rd it is then :P

• I see further though. Day 84 - No News

Pipas posted: »

I've seen the future. Day 83 - No News.

• Never noticed how bouncy Bigby's eyebrows are until now...

• wrong thread XD

Poogers555 posted: »

Never noticed how bouncy Bigby's eyebrows are until now...

• Still... bouncy Bigby eyebrows...

xfuriouss posted: »

wrong thread XD

• More like July 7th.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Fine. J23

• IK your joking but why would telltale be announcing it

mirashade posted: »

The reason they're being so secretive about episode 3.... is because episode 3... is actually codename for... Borderlands 3!!!!! TBA E3 2015, get hype!!!!!!!

• Because Gearbox partnered up with Telltale to produce a title that would secretly be both Borderlands 3 and fill in the part of the story where Tales from the Borderlands Episode 3 would be normally. That's why the TftBl team all started moving over to Minecraft before Ep. 3 has even been released- because Gearbox is the one actually producing it.

It all makes perfect sense.

zeke10 posted: »

IK your joking but why would telltale be announcing it

• I was trying to make a joke about the wait :D Not really expecting a 5 hour episode, right now I'll be just happy to play ep 3...

or it'll be 5 hours long. I hope it's the latter. I'm doubtful of that. Telltale designs their episodes so that they can be played in one sitting, and thinks that people want short episodes and not longer episodes.

• edited June 2015

I wanted to avoid the waiting madness but then I stumbled upon this (and I remember someone was joking about how TTG will make the waiting-jokes again)... I just can't even.

Alt text

Could've been hilarious tho.

• Boredom kills people. please tell-tale ...please

Alt text

• How amazing would it be if episode 3 opens with Tiny Tina narrating because "it's been so long that Marcus died".

...But then Marcus butts in and tells her to stop exaggerating.

DeityD posted: »

I wanted to avoid the waiting madness but then I stumbled upon this (and I remember someone was joking about how TTG will make the waiting-jokes again)... I just can't even. Could've been hilarious tho.

• June 16th hype.

• 2015 hype.

• How amazing would it be if episode 3 opens with Tiny Tina narrating

... and turning it into another Dungeons and dragons once again. xD

How amazing would it be if episode 3 opens with Tiny Tina narrating because "it's been so long that Marcus died". ...But then Marcus butts in and tells her to stop exaggerating.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Try not to get your hopes up for June 16th, that is the same week that Telltale will be making a "major announcement" about The Walking Dead at E3 and news about TWD would likely overshadow TFTB.

LeFedore posted: »

June 16th hype.

• $10 says that it's going to be revealed at E3

• Damn it telltale just reveal the release date to be J23 already so I can say "Called it!"

Sign in to comment in this discussion.