The Vent/Help Thread

Comments

• Your post reminds me of Person of Interest.

CrazyGeorge posted: »

This is a old person rant. I am not talking to anyone in particular, but i think people should really be aware of the dangers of social me

• Its just the times we live in now, the amount of control, i don't know how this happened, maybe people were asleep at the switch, but they sold the country out for money. If you have a smart phone, don't expect privacy. If you are on a wireless network, also don't expect privacy. Hell even ISPS record/sell information of what you been looking through in data packets.

True, but in most cases the data is just logged and archived, not actively used against people.

I don't really have much faith in humanity, right now. Humans can exploit others for their own benefit, they will. It is human nature, to be selfish.

Markd4547 posted: »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-23123964 American NSA has all your personal information and communications they hack ur email, ph

• ...Please tell me you spat it out.

I walked into a spider descending from its web once. It was dark so I couldn't tell. Fucking thing got into my mouth.

• I did. But a piece of it's leg ripped off and I accidentally ate it.

NoHopeLeft posted: »

...Please tell me you spat it out.

• They also sell to companies that sell to people who are looking for you. Stalking in the 21st century isn't a sporting game anymore. Give me a name and a general location, and with very little work I can give you their arrest records, where they live, what property they own, any court cases they have been involved with civil or criminal, how many parking tickets they have. Give me their social security number and I can own them. There is a reason identity theft is just a big thing, and it isn't just about your credit score.

Let's be honest here, there's a few things that could be used for. One is for Mark's whole conspiracy theory, and another is that they can m

• Oh.

Oh god.

I did. But a piece of it's leg ripped off and I accidentally ate it.

• Yes, fun little world we live in, huh?

They also sell to companies that sell to people who are looking for you. Stalking in the 21st century isn't a sporting game anymore. Give me

• It was a daddy long legs so no worries. Still eugh though.

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Oh. Oh god.

• Started having panic attacks on a daily basis. They wake me up in the middle of the night. Too afraid to sleep now. Fun.

On the bright side, my cat has started taking care of me. Whenever I wake up in a panic, he's there. He puts his paws on my chest and purrs while licking my face. He's a sweetheart.

• Funny Ha Ha, or funny as in odd. Cause I can go with either one.

Yes, fun little world we live in, huh?

• That sucks. Does something in particular trigger them?

Started having panic attacks on a daily basis. They wake me up in the middle of the night. Too afraid to sleep now. Fun. On the bright si

• Nah, just a genetic predisposition since my mother had them. The anxiety comes with clinical depression. They really just come out of nowhere and I can't do anything to stop them except wait them out.

BigBlindMax posted: »

That sucks. Does something in particular trigger them?

• Try relaxing your body and listening to the third movement of moonlight sonata.

Nah, just a genetic predisposition since my mother had them. The anxiety comes with clinical depression. They really just come out of nowhere and I can't do anything to stop them except wait them out.

• It's pretty hard to relax because every time I have one it literally feels like I'm in a life or death situation lol. But I do take medicine and practice meditation to get me through which helps a lot.

Try relaxing your body and listening to the third movement of moonlight sonata.

• Not that serious though, but I got UE4 today, and I'm just thinking on what genre of videogame i'm gonna make.

Probably like Telltale's episodic games, eh, i'm not sure.

I've read the f.a.q. regarding the 5% gross revenue I'll have to pay for the devs of UE and that's too much work to do in calculating how much I'll have to pay 4 times a year. Which may not seem much but I'll have to track my income up until my deadline to pay.

Not that I'm lazy, I'm just not ready to get into the business side of the gaming industry.

Right now i'll make games for fun and experience (I'll share it with you guys when I'm done with it! :))) )

• Ah cool, i wish you the best. Don't give up.

Not that serious though, but I got UE4 today, and I'm just thinking on what genre of videogame i'm gonna make. Probably like Telltale's e

• I know when i was feeling depressed, i had to cut out a lot of things out of my life, and it really helped. Like, for example toxic people, the news, i don't know it's a daily struggle for me as well, but i try to be as optimistic as possible , and not dwell on the bad.

Nah, just a genetic predisposition since my mother had them. The anxiety comes with clinical depression. They really just come out of nowhere and I can't do anything to stop them except wait them out.

• edited September 2015

enter image description here

I used to get panic attacks when I slept where it felt like I was drowning till I knocked myself out from lack of oxygen I was in a dream prison which suffocated me till I knocked myself out through the lack of oxygen I went through a very stressful time this was years ago but I endured it and found things which made me happy and things got better I sleep perfect now

Lack of sleep is shown to increase unhappiness and depression so avoidance will only make it worse maybe your fear of sleep is a contributing factor as well to the panic attacks

IMO this could be a lot of built up stress or unresolved personal problems from your past which you struggle to overcome medicine is good but it just masks the problems without dealing with underlining issues my twin was on medicine for depression and he said it was the worse thing he ever did he quit the medicine and got help in therapy and now he one of the happiest people you will ever meet.

This also could be stress from boredom for me without the buzz I get from sport and fitness everyday I get depression if I ever go couple of days without either I get really bad depression I need it to me help reduce my stress I found out what makes me happy that's the secret to life. So do you have a hobby or activity what makes you happy and reduces stress everyday?

I'd recommend writing songs or poetry I know you are a great singer and writing out your inner fears and concerns will help you overcome them it's a great way to express yourself and get out the inner anxiety in a positive creative way

I'd recommend writing stories I know your a great writer so maybe this will give you that happy buzz I'm sure everyone would love to read them to

There are so many wonderful things in the world to find happiness through you just have to find your's it's only a matter of time

Overall this is only temporary so be excited one day you will be happy with no depression or panic attacks you must believe it to achieve it you are a very smart and determined person I know you can do it plus you have the most awesome cat ever focus on the positive elements of your life

Your already an awesome person you are just dealing with some minor issues which will be fixed everything is going to be awesome don't worry :)

enter link description here

Started having panic attacks on a daily basis. They wake me up in the middle of the night. Too afraid to sleep now. Fun. On the bright si

• Thank you! That means so much.

To be honest, game developing isn't really my thing, animating is what I'd like to do.

Ah cool, i wish you the best. Don't give up.

• (I'll share it with you guys when I'm done with it! :))) )

enter image description here

Please do I love to play a magami game :'D

As for the business side your only young perfect your games and your talent first I know your already awesome tho :)

But whatever you think best will be the best option follow your gut instincts it which allows bring success plus hard work :)

Not that serious though, but I got UE4 today, and I'm just thinking on what genre of videogame i'm gonna make. Probably like Telltale's e

• Never give up on your dreams, don't let anyone tell you can't, because you can.

Thank you! That means so much. To be honest, game developing isn't really my thing, animating is what I'd like to do.

• Wish you luck Meg. There are tons of tutorials over the internet to help you with it, so I know you can make something good.

• I know, I panic too. Usually in public though and not at home. But when my mind wont shut the f up this helps me. I recommend trying it, the worst that's gonna happen is it doesn't help.

It's pretty hard to relax because every time I have one it literally feels like I'm in a life or death situation lol. But I do take medicine and practice meditation to get me through which helps a lot.

• God, I don't know how you can stand having them in public, that's like my worst nightmare. I'll try it, because I don't want to be afraid of public places forever. Thanks :)

I know, I panic too. Usually in public though and not at home. But when my mind wont shut the f up this helps me. I recommend trying it, the worst that's gonna happen is it doesn't help.

• Thanks Mark, I do what I can. I do need my medicine though, because without them I just feel wrong.

Markd4547 posted: »

I used to get panic attacks when I slept where it felt like I was drowning till I knocked myself out from lack of oxygen I was in a dream pr

• I do a lot of positive self-talk, but it's still really hard for me to be optimistic. I feel like a zombie.

I know when i was feeling depressed, i had to cut out a lot of things out of my life, and it really helped. Like, for example toxic people,

• enter image description here

whatever makes you happy you know yourself what you need and if that helps I'm ok with it your a smart person you would only use medicine if it's urgent and it helps a lot if not broken don't fix it, if you feel better on medicine then ok :)

See I'm not nervous for you, you have all the ingredients to be an awesome person who will do wonderful things on this earth never give up on this battle to overcome all this you deserve better nothing worth doing is easy I know you can do it and you will do it.

Don't worry one day it all clicks believe me and you will be happy without all these problems too could even be tomorrow never know

I promise you I know from experience all this pain and sadness is like a cocoon you must endure it to become a butterfly it will make you a stronger, happier and more confident person in the future when you overcome and defeat all this one day believe me

Thanks Mark, I do what I can. I do need my medicine though, because without them I just feel wrong.

• School is physically and mentally kicking my ass. Plus, people being assholes aren't helping, luckily I've finally come to a point where I'm okay cutting them out of my life. Anxiety and Depression have been killing me but I'm over coming it, finally. Still sucks that I'm stuck with people I don't like, but, I guess I'm getting use to it...I'm glad I found this forum, it's helped me in several ways.

• Good to see you're feeling better Golden and that this forum has helped you. Try to stay away from people who make you feel bad, and stay close to your friends (the real ones :P). My life hasn't been in its prime, so being around here has helped me to deal with it too, since I can distract myself and talk to people who feel the same way.

School is physically and mentally kicking my ass. Plus, people being assholes aren't helping, luckily I've finally come to a point where I'm

• Thanks. I've really been pushing the bad people away and calling out those who are acting rude, both on the internet and real life. The Forums have taught me a lot...How to argue better, how to deal with assholes, and who to trust. It's been a great learning experience all around.

TheCatWolf posted: »

Good to see you're feeling better Golden and that this forum has helped you. Try to stay away from people who make you feel bad, and stay cl

• Good to hear you're cutting the assholes loose. Life is hard enough without letting venomous people bring you down. A bit if solitude is way better than bad company, in my opinion.

I'm glad the forum helped you, it's been a good experience for me too.

School is physically and mentally kicking my ass. Plus, people being assholes aren't helping, luckily I've finally come to a point where I'm

• I'm not even lonely, I have tons of friends, I have just cut lose the randomly hateful. Like this one guy who hates me for being more attractive than him and blames all his problems on me. Cut him loose. Glad I did.

BigBlindMax posted: »

Good to hear you're cutting the assholes loose. Life is hard enough without letting venomous people bring you down. A bit if solitude is w

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited September 2015

Wow, if that's enough to make someone mad, said person has way bigger problems than unattractiveness.

I'm not even lonely, I have tons of friends, I have just cut lose the randomly hateful. Like this one guy who hates me for being more attractive than him and blames all his problems on me. Cut him loose. Glad I did.

• I am, this Forum just helped me...Really deal with them.

• I haven't really been on here often but I just remember about this thread and I think it's a really good time to vent right now. The following might be to long:

This year might probably be one if the worse years of my life as in now. Everything has gone to shit and I feel like I am trap in a situation that's either never gonna end or it's gonna end in a bad way. You see, I wrote on here that my anxiety was controlling my school life...well unfortunately it won. I had to drop out of school because it gotten to the point were I was afraid to go to school. I am planing to go to a once-a-week school cause I am doing a bit better thanks to therapy and meditation. I thought everything was gonna be alright but nope. I got a even bigger problem that I can't control. My family has been having issue mainly because of my dad. He accuses her of cheating even though she is not and I know this because she is always with me. We were always use to him thinking that but lately it's driving us crazy. He will go off on my mom and start accusing her of cheating until she is literarily on the corner of our house cover her ears. He will also say stuff that make me feel sick and every time I correct him he start lasting out on me too saying that I don't know anything when I know something. This situation has gotten so bad to the point where people have been arrested. He sometimes does physical abuse to her like throws her stuff. We contacted the police and they said that there is nothing that they can do until someone get hurt physically. My mom went to jail a few days ago because she hit my dad as self-dense and guess what? They arrested her but when he did stuff like burn her clothes he doesn't get arrested. I been through so much more with this situation that it's feels like it's not gonna end. Everybody's asleep right now but I now when I am wake up, they gonna pretend everything is fine but by the end of the day they will be fighting...like always...

• Ouch. That's a pretty bad situation, I am sorry. :(

Have you tried talking to your dad while he was calm or something?

iHeartTWD posted: »

I haven't really been on here often but I just remember about this thread and I think it's a really good time to vent right now. The followi

• Hopefully you can get away from those people at some point. That's what I'm gonna do. It's becoming more and more apparent than me that my dad and I are just completely different people.

• I keep trying, luckily what I said before is the truth "For every one person that hates me, a dozen more likes me."

I wish you luck, family troubles are always the hardest.

Hopefully you can get away from those people at some point. That's what I'm gonna do. It's becoming more and more apparent than me that my dad and I are just completely different people.

• enter image description here

First off your anxiety and decisions make sense anyone in your position would have to quit school over that amount of stress I'm so sorry for you being in this situation and the affect it had on your life

This situation is complex there is no quick fixes I could offer I'd just be ignorant if I taught I could but I would strongly recommend a family meeting tell your dad when his calm how you feel and what affect it is having on you and your family

I would also tell your mam to

I wish you the best of luck

I haven't really been on here often but I just remember about this thread and I think it's a really good time to vent right now. The followi

• That sucks, you know i grew up in a unhappy home too. It pretty much ruined me on relationships with people/others. I hope everything works out for you, seriously. Hopefully you dad will get the message, that that behavior isn't acceptable.

Maybe you should try to write him a letter, mail it to him. So if he has something physical, he can reflect back on it. I know with me, my weakness is guilt.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.