I think i know who is the kidnapper

13»

Comments

• edited October 2015

Oh yes, yes and by "people" you mean brain dead Jack fanboys. Those guys so easily manipulated and fickle, the writers could them love or hate anyone. Like seriously, they ignore so much to just to make Jack seem like the victim.

Tartaro posted: »

People already hated her since Pre-sequel , that's going to be funny . I just hope we can finally kill her in 3 , she already held 3 charact

• Sure

If the stranger is Lilith then my theory was correct ye Ima copy n paste my theory on here from another thread if you want

• That's an interesting point, since I'm such a massive Borderlands fanboy I don't really consider newcomers. So the question is, how will Telltale transition this story back into the main?

Daffodil posted: »

I hope that's not truth. I want The Stranger to be one of characters from TFTB. If it's Lilith, there will be no shock for players that didn

• Sorry if it sounds kinda stupid I haven't updated it since episode 4 came out

I think it's Lilith(Probably wrong). Since the stranger is making them redo their adventure, Lilith might be seeing if they're "Vault Hunter material/Worthy". From what I've seen, people think that Rhys and Fiona could become Vault Hunters in Borderlands 3. Also Athena probably told Lilith, Mordecai, Brick.etc about them and how she was training Fiona about vault hunter stuff and things. One thing I don't understand tho. If the "they were kidnapped a year later thing" is canon why would she get them that late. Since the watcher said "War is coming soon". Soon could be within a year. Also the stranger said I know what it's like to lose someone you love or something like that (Lilith lost Roland to Jack) and "I'm not a patient person" the stranger said that at one point in episode 2 or 3.

Sure

• Okay yeah I remember this. The biggest hole in TFTBL, you point out is that has yet to be answered is not whose the Stranger but when are Rhys and Fiona are with the Stranger because it's been long enough for Fiona to become a Vault Hunter, I would safely assume she is also with the Raiders, hence the disguise. But considering her prior career, Fiona should've made notes about traits that this Stranger would unknowingly make.

Sorry if it sounds kinda stupid I haven't updated it since episode 4 came out I think it's Lilith(Probably wrong). Since the stranger is

• Yea I do agree on that trait thing. From episode 3 I think I can remember that the stranger wanted to make a wager with Fiona which is a type of gambling. I'm kinda brain dead atm since it's night in EST, so any Vault Hunters that like gambling?

Okay yeah I remember this. The biggest hole in TFTBL, you point out is that has yet to be answered is not whose the Stranger but when are Rh

• edited October 2015

Well. I hate to say it but... there is one gambling Vault Hunter I can think of. There was a Pre-Sequel Vault Hunter that happens to be well-known for playing poker.

His name was Claptrap.

Yea I do agree on that trait thing. From episode 3 I think I can remember that the stranger wanted to make a wager with Fiona which is a type of gambling. I'm kinda brain dead atm since it's night in EST, so any Vault Hunters that like gambling?

• thx 4 the giggle fam

mirashade posted: »

Well. I hate to say it but... there is one gambling Vault Hunter I can think of. There was a Pre-Sequel Vault Hunter that happens to be well-known for playing poker. His name was Claptrap.

• yw m8

thx 4 the giggle fam

• You know, the same effect can be achieved when you write a crime novel and the culprit is someone never shown or mentioned in a book. Totally no sense, heh? No surprise, no shock, just one big "meh" and "wtf". How can readers possibly say who the murderer is when this particular hasn't been introduced to them until the very end? :v The same situation will be with TFTB if they put Lilith as The Stranger.

That's an interesting point, since I'm such a massive Borderlands fanboy I don't really consider newcomers. So the question is, how will Telltale transition this story back into the main?

• edited October 2015

ive just thought of a theory
    what if the present day kidnappings was Lilith trying to get the vault hunters together for this war that the eridian mentioned because Fiona would probably try to kill Lilith due to episode 4 and she needs the gortys project to find the vault herself

• Well that's kind of the point I was getting at, is that if this was a novel series, TFTBL would be short books from 3-8. But they are also stand alone at the same time so it creates this grey area.

(Also you do realize I'm joking with Lilith being the Stranger, there's no way to prove what the wiki said, despite it being up since mid summer.

Daffodil posted: »

You know, the same effect can be achieved when you write a crime novel and the culprit is someone never shown or mentioned in a book. Totall

• Pretty much yeah, many just ignore Borderlands 1 and that Jack was already a jerk back than. But as someone who still liked Lilith after pre sequel,l come one holding 3 protagonists at gunpoint, someone has to show her her boundaries.

Oh yes, yes and by "people" you mean brain dead Jack fanboys. Those guys so easily manipulated and fickle, the writers could them love or hate anyone. Like seriously, they ignore so much to just to make Jack seem like the victim.

• My problem with that idea of Fiona wanting to kill Lilith, is Fiona is supposedly a Vault Hunter now, and I would take that extra step and believe she would also have joined the CR, and therefore has met Lilith, Brick, and Mordy and also reunited with Athena.

• So, you're referring to Athena's execution and then the stranger holding a gun on Rhys and Fiona?

Pretty much yeah, many just ignore Borderlands 1 and that Jack was already a jerk back than. But as someone who still liked Lilith after pre sequel,l come one holding 3 protagonists at gunpoint, someone has to show her her boundaries.

• Everybody on the internet is a happy honest person.
  • lololololololololololol

Everybody on the internet is a happy honest person.

• edited October 2015

ngl out of all the Stranger theories I've seen if they ended up as Lilith I'd be totally down with that (even if I'm personally hoping for the Stranger's real identity to somehow be revealed as either Angel or Roland. Or Vasquez. I miss Vasquez so much)

• Yes , that really killed her likeability in my eyes.

So, you're referring to Athena's execution and then the stranger holding a gun on Rhys and Fiona?

• Well, if she is the Stranger, that is keeping up appearances, she can't fucking let Rhys zigzag everywhere he wants.

As for Athena, it put a bad taste in my mouth too. It really took her character backwards from where she was at the end of BL2, where she had come to terms, mourned, and was finally ready to be a good leader. It brings up questions like, Lilith and Athena worked together and she holds a grudge but Lilith defends Angel from Tina. I personally hope the scene was just entirely there for building tension because it's just bad writing that regresses her character and makes her seem inconsistent. But then again TPS did more to weaken the canon they help with just lazy explanations and potholes everywhere.

Yes , that really killed her likeability in my eyes.

• I hope there is a good explanation for her behaviour in episode 5 and not just wanting the vault for herself, or recruiting the two. Its never a good idea to recruit people you hold at gunpoint. Maybe she knows about Handsome Jack in Rhys head and just wants to make sure he is dealt with, that I could life with. Yeah the Pre-sequel spawned the myth that Jack is not so bad afterall and he just wanted to help, not sure if the writers just ignored Borderlands 1 or Jack was lying the whole game.( Which didn't really seem that way)

Well, if she is the Stranger, that is keeping up appearances, she can't fucking let Rhys zigzag everywhere he wants. As for Athena, it

• Like I said, if Lilith is "recruiting" or "testing" them, that's just to keep up appearances, it's a grey area cause how do you control people that don't want to listen to you because they don't know who you are and you can't let them run away.

But to TPS is like that one book about the 3 Little Pigs but from the Wolf's perspective.The narrative is fun but you can't actually let it overwrite what was already established. Jack's perspective is incredibly biased and warped. TPS is not how Jack became a monster, he was one for so long before the first game even started, it just explains why he starts showing his true colors.

He calls Roland and Lilith friends despite the player knowing (I'm assuming everyone that played TPS had at least played BL2 first, cause they should've) that he just thinks of Vault Hunters as really stupid but really strong muscle for him to manipulate without them knowing. So he was clearly playing them but he never thought they might turn against him (cause once he didn't need them he would toss them aside, at best).

There's also my favorite point is the fact that Moxxi breaks up with him before the TPS. In Borderlands 2, the explanation for their break up was a mixture of him being "clingy" but also after massacred a village, which upset Moxxi. But in TPS, it's just: she found him creepy. No more detail is put into it. So I take it as a lot of things. One he already is violent and unstable and a capable killer (kinda puts his opening scene into question, he probably was playing lame to seem helpless, cause then how does he escape all the other Dahl soldiers after he sends you to Elpis?). This also shows how twisted his view is. He doesn't believe he did anything wrong, so he makes it work with his idea that he's the hero.

In a way Moxxi breaking up with him shows, besides having standards, is that she saw something in him and it scared her. And she was so afraid of what might happen if he got more power that she convinced both Lilith and Roland to help her stop him. In truth, they were rather harsh to Jack's Hunters and just grouped into their killing attempt but I guess they weren't convinced where their loyalty would lie if Jack died.

I hope there is a good explanation for her behaviour in episode 5 and not just wanting the vault for herself, or recruiting the two. Its nev

• Yeah you are right, this is pandora after all, it will get interesting when Fiona sees Brick and Mordecai again , or hears what Lilith did with Athena.
    I really think the Pre sequel straight up ignores the other games, could be that it was developed by 2K Australia.

• I would cry so much tears of joy if it was Roland or Angel

chordati posted: »

ngl out of all the Stranger theories I've seen if they ended up as Lilith I'd be totally down with that (even if I'm personally hoping for t

• Interesting theory! His (or her) cynical way of speaking and professionalism can very well make this be true.

...I actually think its Athena. Something about the way 'he' talks just reminds me of the stiff and formal way Athena talks instead of actual Pandora natives. Also the posture suggests a lot more discipline than the usual pandora rabble.

• I just realised. It could very well be Vallory. Same size etc. And she obviously is all about the vault and stuff.

• My whole issue on the stranger is lilith is why disguise herself (which could be explained, technically) and is recruiting new VH herself really worth putting sanctuary in jeopardy? Seeing how our protagonists have changed in appearance, I bet it's far enough in the future that the AI Handsome Jack is already known and updated on everything. That would be a serious threat. I would imagine they would be gathering everyone up at sanctuary, as well. That seems like too much of a risk for her to take, to me. Then again, I think it's either Timothy or the real Handsome Jack, and depending on which one means the other is dead, for sure. So ... Who knows lol.

• enter image description here

Everybody on the internet is a happy honest person.

• He got his eyes gouged out. how would he have done it

Dr-Ned posted: »

Maybe it's me. Food for thought, General Knoxx anybody?

• I think it's Gortys, but "grown up" as it were. She saw the events from her "newborn" perspective, but something happens in episode 5, maybe the process of opening the vault, that matures her, or at least makes her cynical, somehow. Not sure why that would happen, but I've been expecting the kidnapper to be Gortys since the previous episode.

• General Knoxx is a character from a dlc in Borderlands. I haven't played the dlc technically, but I suspect you're thinking of General Pollux from episode 2.

Hydra_Hell posted: »

He got his eyes gouged out. how would he have done it

• I'm so dumb, I got them confused

mirashade posted: »

General Knoxx is a character from a dlc in Borderlands. I haven't played the dlc technically, but I suspect you're thinking of General Pollux from episode 2.

• Ridiculous assertions aside, here's my 2 cents.

The masked man MUST be a minor character that appeared so far, because of how invested he/she is, both emotionally and knowledge.

My first instinct:

If you let Felix live, that might be him. But the counter argument would be that though Felix knew about Valloy's involvement, he did not know about GP. In fact, nobody knew about GP until it was accidentally discovered. So Felix would not be looking for Gorty's energy ring dragging Rhys and Fiona with him.

Could is be Marcus/Vallory/Lilith/Moxxi? nope, no, and hell no. for the simple reason that, if you think it's them, you have obviously never played any of the other borderlands game.

My best guess at one point? Zer0. Two things, he is one of the few characters with full knowledge and involvement with GP and our chracters. Two, the one eye mask is one of his wardrobe in BL2. But one thing would not make sense: Zer0 has absolutely no need to hide his identity.

So, my best guess right now... the Hyperion executive who saw Fiona's poster, and had unnatural camera moment after Rhys' finger bang battle with the accounting department. If he saw that they were after treasures, it's not hard to pull up their files and put two and two together.

• I'm pretty sure that Hyperion exec only appears under certain conditions though. Or at least I don't remember him on my first playthrough

razen_wing posted: »

Ridiculous assertions aside, here's my 2 cents. The masked man MUST be a minor character that appeared so far, because of how invested he

Sign in to comment in this discussion.