Ep 5 Waiting Thread - PC/Mac/PS4/PS3 Oct 20, Xbox One/360 Oct 21, iOS/Amazon App/Android Oct 22

Comments

• edited October 2015
    kaza125 posted: »

Quick question, what time is the episode expected to be released on steam?

• edited October 2015

and for how long is it gonna be for me who is using a Telltale account?

Almost 21 Hours until its on Steam! ProtectVaughnFromTelltale

• edited October 2015

CarL_J posted: »

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20151020T20&p0=26&msg=Tales+from+the+Borderlands+EP5+(Steam)&font=cursive&csz=1 Edit: Finally got it, there was something wrong with my reply

• Usually it's Midnight PDT but sometimes it can be the same time as Steam.

ali-qw8 posted: »

• 2 hours 59 minutes remaining

• Is that real or it is just a joke?

2 hours 59 minutes remaining

• I'm counting how long until it's released in britain, that's how long til midnight here

at current moment here it is... 21:13, so 2 hours 47 minutes left

ali-qw8 posted: »

Is that real or it is just a joke?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited October 2015

Telltale goes by the Pacific Timezone when updating their own store. As for other stores, those update at different points throughout the day the game is released. Telltale will sometimes release the episode at midnight in their own timezone, but they do not release the episode right at midnight in other people's timezones. The episode is still a good ways off and your timezone is ahead of Telltale, so I wouldn't expect the episode. In Telltale's timezone, it is only 1:22 pm right now.

I'm counting how long until it's released in britain, that's how long til midnight here at current moment here it is... 21:13, so 2 hours 47 minutes left

• I'm going by experience of episode 4, which released at midnight here last time

Telltale goes by the Pacific Timezone when updating their own store. As for other stores, those update at different points throughout the da

• I thought it would release (on Steam) around 5-6PM GMT?

I'm counting how long until it's released in britain, that's how long til midnight here at current moment here it is... 21:13, so 2 hours 47 minutes left

• edited October 2015

I'm gonna play the heck out of that episode. But first. A little bit more of the uncharted collection. <-< >-> ...

p,s I'm on the same time zone as you are. GMT?

• It does, it releases at 6pm tomorrow for the UK

I thought it would release (on Steam) around 5-6PM GMT?

• Holy crap! I just had an epiphany!

What if the Masked Man, IS A WOMAN. And maybe it's Athena's girlfriend! I mean, it could be possible, am I right?

• yup, and funnily enough I am right now playing uncharted 2 on crushing difficulty, I'm in the chapter where you have arrived in shambala and are being attacked by guardians with crossbows and resin bombs, it's fucking hard.

RedHounds posted: »

I'm gonna play the heck out of that episode. But first. A little bit more of the uncharted collection. <-< >-> ... p,s I'm on the same time zone as you are. GMT?

• The Stranger is obviously Grease Face/Rudiger from Episode 1. He wants to interrogate Rhys for why he ruined his Skag Meat stand.

• I hope the reveal just has him take off the mask and it just says "Grease Face, he has a greasy face", I'd be pissed off at who it was, but it would be fucking funny

The Stranger is obviously Grease Face/Rudiger from Episode 1. He wants to interrogate Rhys for why he ruined his Skag Meat stand.

• What time is it going to be released in Utah?

• Ok people, I'll disappear for the next days in order to avoid spoilers for when I'll play the episode, See ya :D

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

I'm still convinced the stranger is Cassius, for whatever reasons he may have

Fiona mentioning that he has familiar clothes, but she can't place it? Cassius has unique outfit that has similarities to the stranger's outfit.

He'd know about the Gortys project, and more specifically, what the first upgrade looks like since he was there when they retrieved it.

And just because he took Fiona and Rhys hostage doesn't mean that he has malicious plans. If anything, it seems like the Stranger just wants to reassemble Gortys, as well as learn the full tale of what happened. He's expressed numerous times that he doesn't want to kill them, he has a rather mild-mannered persona (save for a short temper, which fits since Cassius can get pretty angry with some of the dialogue choices when you call him out), and his manner of speech overall seems vaguely reminiscent of Cassius'.

He just seems like a reasonable candidate. He knows just enough about Rhys and Fiona, but not the full picture. He's knowledgeable of Gortys, and would know what the first piece looked like (the stranger seemed to know exactly what he was looking for in episode 3), and he has some amount of reason to be interested in both Gortys and the vault, since he is an Atlas employee. It'd also explain why he'd want to hide his indentity. Not just for Rhys and Fiona, but because he's the last Atlas scientist left. Athena might be out of his hair, but there's probably a ton of other people on Pandora/Helios that would want to kill him/use him. And he's apparently lived in isolation in the Dome until our group and Vallory showed up, so his hiding place has pretty much been compromised.

• Same in Austria :D 55 min left :D

I'm going by experience of episode 4, which released at midnight here last time

• I'm going to buy TellTale, Steam, Sony, and any other company i need so that all episodes release on the same day. One day, my friend messaged me on Xbox and spoiled the 3rd episode for me.

And i'm including this after all of my posts: http://strawpoll.me/5779914/r

• How can she say he has familiar clothes if at the time she hasn't met the stranger. She meets Cassius first and then later the stranger.

Deltino posted: »

I'm still convinced the stranger is Cassius, for whatever reasons he may have Fiona mentioning that he has familiar clothes, but she can'

• Not long now! Just give me a minute. I just have to uninstall internet...

• does anyone know when its gonna come out in australia i'm dyin here

• But then who did Cassius lose that he cared about?

Deltino posted: »

I'm still convinced the stranger is Cassius, for whatever reasons he may have Fiona mentioning that he has familiar clothes, but she can'

• I'm sorry for my earlier post, I was just trying to be funny but it backfired. I didn't mean to cause any trouble. :(

by the way, I just remembered that I'm having leg surgery done on the 20th of this month so I may be a little late to play it. plus I've decided to start from the beginning after reading Telltales' twitter feed here in the waiting thread (don't expect to find me on twitter, though. I'm not a fan of that site). *sigh* I can be a real scardy-cat.

I'm also playing around with the idea of an AMV Hell style fan video for Tales From The Borderlands. there are no set plans yet, but I plan to call it "GMV Hell From The Borderlands" and it's going to be my first fan video. But no promises (I'm lazy).
  • hurray!!! just beat the final boss and finally got the crushing trophy

yup, and funnily enough I am right now playing uncharted 2 on crushing difficulty, I'm in the chapter where you have arrived in shambala and are being attacked by guardians with crossbows and resin bombs, it's fucking hard.

• His Cat.

dojo32161 posted: »

But then who did Cassius lose that he cared about?

• And his wife and his son. But not in that order.

His Cat.

• But his cat sucked.

His Cat.

• Hey! He was the greatest sucky Cat that ever lived

dojo32161 posted: »

But his cat sucked.

• Awesome.

hurray!!! just beat the final boss and finally got the crushing trophy

• edited October 2015

In real time - how many hours do we have until the earliest release of Episode 5?

The LiS finale already released in Australia before anywhere else, I wish the same could be said for Tales... every couple of minutes I'm filtering through youtube search queries to see if anyone residing within the lucky time zone has uploaded a walkthrough early or not.

• Me once I hit Start Episode 5 and get sucked right in

enter image description here

• Anyone able to access the Episode in Europe yet? It's past midnight :)

• Really? - here is past midnight and no episode here yet :(

53 minutes

• edited October 2015

Wait, what? Will you be doing a live stream by any chance? If you're getting the episode that soon PLEASE do a live stream, I don't know if I can survive waiting another 18 or so hours on my end before the episode finally releases on Steam, I already slept through the wait for LiS Episode 5 but I can't do it again for Tales...

53 minutes

• Nope. 12:18 now in germany and still no Episode on PS4. Last episodes (GoT/TFTB) were available at 12:15-12:30. Hope it doesn't take long anymore.

Roymiller33 posted: »

Anyone able to access the Episode in Europe yet? It's past midnight

• I waited for TftB episode to be released at midnight but its not here... Instead its only LiS ep 5. Well at least staying up was not for nothing... :/ Damn, i gotta work tomorrow though :/ hahaha

Harian96 posted: »

Wait, what? Will you be doing a live stream by any chance? If you're getting the episode that soon PLEASE do a live stream, I don't know if

Sign in to comment in this discussion.