Ep 5 Waiting Thread - PC/Mac/PS4/PS3 Oct 20, Xbox One/360 Oct 21, iOS/Amazon App/Android Oct 22

Comments

• Isnt the last episode out on Xbox One in Europe yet? Cant find it.

• edited October 2015

Bohtar: And when I don't use steam? :x

Coodookie posted: »

3PM in the UK and still not up. What's going on! Would have thought Telltale would have said something if it's delayed (even if it's only by a day!)

• You have always been able to watch it on twitch on release day as well.

FlameRyuuji posted: »

Being able to watch it on youtube a day ealier is a big deal, at least for me. This game is pretty much an interactive movie with QTEs. It m

• Nope. 21st for all of Xbox.

BuldozerX posted: »

Isnt the last episode out on Xbox One in Europe yet? Cant find it.

• edited October 2015

I think a lot of those problems could be solved with a simple information about the hour and time zone of the release. But all we got is Oct 20.

• Different CDNs use different release times. PSN uses timezone based, Steam just releases it when they hit a time. The only 100% certain date they could give is their own store.

I think a lot of those problems could be solved with a simple information about the hour and time zone of the release. But all we got is Oct 20.

• Even more reasons for me to regret buying it :/
    Still, I did buy this game already so I'll wait.

Reliqum posted: »

You have always been able to watch it on twitch on release day as well.

• That's the dumbest thing ever.

Tcjmcd posted: »

Nope. 21st for all of Xbox.

• And if i don't use Steam? :x

Bohtar posted: »

If you're using steam, it'll come out 19:00 where you live. That's the time it comes out in Europe I think. At least in Sweden.

• edited October 2015

Then they could give us a separate "time of the release" on each platform. Some already have different dates, so they could just as well give us the actual hour of the release.
    LiS did that.

Different CDNs use different release times. PSN uses timezone based, Steam just releases it when they hit a time. The only 100% certain date they could give is their own store.

• if I stub my toe, it's not the end of the world, that doesn't stop me from being pissed off.

No it's not, its a video game, its not the end of the world. There are probrably issues with PSN CDN if it does get delayed, which means there is a reason.

• hehe, solved it <3

[ Image not found ;__; ] TODAY'S THE DAY

• I do not think any other company gives release times on the minute either. Why are people expecting more from Telltale?

Then they could give us a separate "time of the release" on each platform. Some already have different dates, so they could just as well give us the actual hour of the release. LiS did that.

• this is driving me crazy. giff game

• If you stub your toe you should be upset at yourself not at the funiture.

if I stub my toe, it's not the end of the world, that doesn't stop me from being pissed off.

• edited October 2015

I do not think any other company gives release times on the minute either. Why are people expecting more from Telltale?

• "PlayStation store update times differ per region/state – please contact Sony support for detailed times or additional info."

Even they said it.

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/life-strange-finale-launch-trailer

• Completable, sure, but I'm so invested in this game I wanted to make the finale a special experience... Now I'll have to sit at work for 8 hours stressing over the potential fate of my favorite characters, unable to share my feelings with the forum for fear of spoilers, and then when I finally get to play it and come here again I'll be late to the party. It wasn't supposed to end like this...

Just a bit bummed, is all.

Well release times are always messy, not much that can be done about it. But hey, the episode probrably woun't last over 2.5 hours so it is easily completable after work.

• edited October 2015

Yes they did. But at least we did get a timestamp for most of the platforms. Only PS was different. I'm playing on my PC, so that info was useful.
    It's still A LOT more information than what TT gave us.
    And I think people SHOULD expect more from the company they like.

"PlayStation store update times differ per region/state – please contact Sony support for detailed times or additional info." Even they said it.

• I said I'd be pissed off, I didn't say who I'd be pissed off with

If you stub your toe you should be upset at yourself not at the funiture.

• Haven't played it yet and I want to be cautious of spoilers, so what are the early impressions from the community?

• But if we carry over context you are upset at the funiture.

I said I'd be pissed off, I didn't say who I'd be pissed off with

• I thought it was easily one of the best finales from Telltale, and really propelled Tales as a whole above other series. I used to say Wolf was no doubt my favorite, but now it's a neck and neck tie between the two games just because of Episodes 4 and 5 from Tales.

JackBauer24 posted: »

Haven't played it yet and I want to be cautious of spoilers, so what are the early impressions from the community?

• edited October 2015

Nothing for now. Some ppl on yt and twitch are already done with the game, but we didn't get anything yet. Mortals have to wait :>

JackBauer24 posted: »

Haven't played it yet and I want to be cautious of spoilers, so what are the early impressions from the community?

• Steam timestamp has been posted here by the mods. TellTale Store and GOG release typically earlier than Steam. PSN is timezone related. Xbox is the day after so you'll have to wait anyways. Everything needed has been posted.

Yes they did. But at least we did get a timestamp for most of the platforms. Only PS was different. I'm playing on my PC, so that info was u

• To everyone asking about timezones, Telltale goes by the Pacific Timezone so it's only 8 am. Midnight releases on the Telltale store are sometimes possible, but not always a guarantee, which is why Telltale didn't release the episode earlier at midnight as they sometimes do.

Other storefronts update at their own times throughout the day/week.

• Was in the middle of playing through the game again and got an update for it on PS4 so hopefully that's a good sign.

• Yeah, I feel you, but I still believe the necessary info to make a decision on this is already out there.

Completable, sure, but I'm so invested in this game I wanted to make the finale a special experience... Now I'll have to sit at work for 8 h

• On PS4 released episode 5?

• edited October 2015

Nope. Not yet. :(

EDIT: Some parts of Europe have it apparently.

pashok6798 posted: »

On PS4 released episode 5?

• Damn not out yet in EU

Hax14 posted: »

Was in the middle of playing through the game again and got an update for it on PS4 so hopefully that's a good sign.

• Same here. That must be the pre-update they do to ready the game for the next episode.

Juuust need to wait on the episode now... :s

Was in the middle of playing through the game again and got an update for it on PS4 so hopefully that's a good sign.

• it is the damn thing already out on the ps3 store yet? just asking xD anybody knows about that??
  • Just updated, still nothing.

• edited October 2015

Vague answers like that may be enough for you, but not for me, and that's all. Especially if the competition is doing it better. Let's just agree to disagree and move on.

Steam timestamp has been posted here by the mods. TellTale Store and GOG release typically earlier than Steam. PSN is timezone related. Xbox is the day after so you'll have to wait anyways. Everything needed has been posted.

• So Pacific Timezone, got it. If this was posted on twitter or something like that, people wouldn't stay awake all night, waiting for the game to show up :>
    Thank you for the information.

To everyone asking about timezones, Telltale goes by the Pacific Timezone so it's only 8 am. Midnight releases on the Telltale store are som

• Not nothing, per se... the music on the title screen changed :P

Yargh posted: »

Just updated, still nothing.

• Well , the main menu has some awesome new music anyway

• Source?

Yhrite posted: »

Nope. Not yet. EDIT: Some parts of Europe have it apparently.

• [removed]
Sign in to comment in this discussion.