Ep 5 Waiting Thread - PC/Mac/PS4/PS3 Oct 20, Xbox One/360 Oct 21, iOS/Amazon App/Android Oct 22

Comments

• I'm an EU PS4 user (UK), downloading the update, but I can't see the episode anywhere.

• Wait, you played it? On which platform?

I thought it was easily one of the best finales from Telltale, and really propelled Tales as a whole above other series. I used to say Wolf

• Wow, you're a fucking asshole.

• Got locations messed up. Someone posted in here that they managed to download it from their PS4 in New Zealand. I assume other places will have it by now since the PS store updates based on timezones and not at an individual time, like Steam.

Tcjmcd posted: »

Source?

• Exactly, but the new music is nice.

I'm an EU PS4 user (UK), downloading the update, but I can't see the episode anywhere.

• Got the update but no sighting of the episode... Good hunting EU!

P.S Sony, fuck off.

I'm an EU PS4 user (UK), downloading the update, but I can't see the episode anywhere.

• Ah well, if the PSN blog is saying 21/10/15 do you think we might see a midnight release? Would be nice.

It does seem a bit weird that the update and the episode aren't being released at the same time, mind you.

Yargh posted: »

Exactly, but the new music is nice.

• Is it still releasing on the NA PSN store today? Please, confirm. I've heard from people that it may have been changed to tomorrow and that will suck considering Steam got it last night.... Of course TT had to decide not to have a midnight launch for the Finale, when every other episode had one. :/ I played through Episodes 1-4 yesterday hoping for a midnight release so I could have another fast platinum under my belt but nope. Didn't happen. I love Borderlands and I love TFTB, but that just made me pretty salty.

• I am confused. I'm in Canada ( same release date as the US) on PC with the telltale standalone copy. Yet it appears that as of right now 12pm Noon my client is unable to download the last episode.

• There is an English guy on ps4 streaming ep.5 on youtube. dont know if he is actually english , didnt watch too much of it as i dont want spoilers. but its definitely ep.5

• It's been like that for TT games since like, forever. Xbox gets the episodes on Wednesdays, nothing new.

That's the dumbest thing ever.

• edited October 2015

Probably Steam, it released right on time for them...

Wait, you played it? On which platform?

• MAJOR SPOILERS , BAN HIM!!!!

• I thought that the new episode was released on the same date as Life is strange to 'compete' with it yet Life is strange has flawless release dates unlike Telltale

• I don't think steam got it last night, i certainly haven't. i am pretty sure it will release on steam somewhere around 10pm Pacific time give or take, like the telltale games pretty much always do. Not sure about PSN.

Is it still releasing on the NA PSN store today? Please, confirm. I've heard from people that it may have been changed to tomorrow and that

• absolute THE best episode.It fullfiled my every expectation of the finale.I just cant contain my emotions so i had to write something.....also the stranger plot twist, i fucking jumped form my desk lol

• Same here (Canada, 12 noon). My clock says we have another 40 minutes or so to go before I update.

Swatson posted: »

I am confused. I'm in Canada ( same release date as the US) on PC with the telltale standalone copy. Yet it appears that as of right now 12pm Noon my client is unable to download the last episode.

• Nope :(

it is the damn thing already out on the ps3 store yet? just asking xD anybody knows about that??

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

The people who have played on Steam where using press codes which gives them early access, hopefully the Steam version should release in less than a hour.

I don't think steam got it last night, i certainly haven't. i am pretty sure it will release on steam somewhere around 10pm Pacific time give or take, like the telltale games pretty much always do. Not sure about PSN.

• edited October 2015

On which platform are you playing on ? :/ Nothing on the PC in Europe yet.

• In words of Gortys: "This was a rollercoaster of emotions".
    Also, amazing credits song. <3
    enter link description here

• damn it ...

waitingggg

MrGamer9520 posted: »

Nope

• edited October 2015

20 mins left for Steam release, hype! (hopefully)

• Approx. 20 minutes left til the supposed Steam release. Can't wait.

• You know, what I don't get is why can't the different distributors give us the damn hour of release. I'm not even talking Telltale here, though they do have their own distribution platform, but everyone - Steam, PSN, etc. I mean, come on people, it's all digital. It's not like there's a courier running through rain, sleet and snow to deliver the copy on time. Movies have goddamn premieres, do they expect people who bought the tickets to stand in front of the cinema all day wondering at what time the show will start? Nope, there's a set time. That's all I ask for, so I know whether to go to bed and play tomorrow or wait a while longer and play today. I have work and other real life responsibilities, so it really makes a difference.

• Steam doesn't give it because TellTale rolls episodes out as game updates. If you pre-order something it gives a timer.

You know, what I don't get is why can't the different distributors give us the damn hour of release. I'm not even talking Telltale here, tho

• I agree with you, it really does suck.

It's also ironic for people to come out and say 'oh, lack of patience' when they're not even in the same predicament as us.

Telltale, it would be wise to just inform us of the delay rather than have us wait.

You know, what I don't get is why can't the different distributors give us the damn hour of release. I'm not even talking Telltale here, tho

• You have a really good point there and I guess with time they will realize about that since today video games are pretty much like movies too I mean about the importance in the entertainment world, but right now the distribution platforms are like enjoying seeing players suffer while waiting and not even caring about that xD almost like "hey its just a video game, whats the rush" ?

• 10 minutes now then

And the website you just gave looks horrible, they should fire their webdesigner.
    Scarwiz posted: »

@CarL_J @Reliqum This countdown disagrees with you

• edited October 2015

So I'm guessing Steam will finally update soon? (and not just Telltale Soon, because thats its own category).

• I hope you guys are right, can't wait to play this!! And yes, it does look pretty bad, you can barely make out the numbers

Reliqum posted: »

10 minutes now then And the website you just gave looks horrible, they should fire their webdesigner.

• I have the season pass, so technically I *did* pre-order Tales. I still don't know when it'll be out though.
    Reliqum posted: »

Steam doesn't give it because TellTale rolls episodes out as game updates. If you pre-order something it gives a timer.

• Can I have now?

enter image description here

• I mean like this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/377160/
    "This game will unlock in approximately 2 weeks, 6 days and 16 hours"

I have the season pass, so technically I *did* pre-order Tales. I still don't know when it'll be out though.

• 7pm in Central European Time (Sweden, Germany, etc...), 6pm in UK (if I'm not mixing stuff up)

Bohtar posted: »

If you're using steam, it'll come out 19:00 where you live. That's the time it comes out in Europe I think. At least in Sweden.

• Tale's from the borderlands from a cinematic point of view blows pretty much most of 2015's movie releases out of the water.

It's about time that these distributors get their shit together and properly manage their service. I don't blame telltale though for Sony's delay, guarantee it's all on Sony and their continuing incompetence.

You have a really good point there and I guess with time they will realize about that since today video games are pretty much like movies to

• edited October 2015

3 more minutes on Steam! (Hopefully...)

Edit - YES, ITS DOWNLOADING!!!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.