Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Because...

enter image description here

pr0dz posted: »

It's probably why it looked like Max got trolled from the beginning like what was the point of giving her the time traveling power in the first place?

• I don't see why it's getting a season 2.

Fat_Turt posted: »

Thread: LiS ending ruined it for me Don't get me wrong, I still have some great memories, but when I think of the memories, it breaks m

• The publisher was Square Enix, that's a pretty big name. Budget shouldn't have been a big problem, if they just worked with what they had it should have worked out.

I'm making development of video games sound too easy, it isn't. I don't really have any idea of what happened, but it sounds more like it was rushed than they ran out of budget.

I think why Episode 5 feels rushed is because DONTNOD didn't have that much budget?

• Lmaooo, technically he's not lying xD

ClemRanger posted: »

I love the "Free international shipping" part. The "shipping" would involve emailing the code.

• Yep. How come Max changing the past by saving William change nothing? Why does the Universe only care when it's Chloe? Also, she didn't even rewind to a point where she didn't use her power. She used it at least 3 times. 1. To go back to class, 2. To fix her camera, 3. To give Jeffershit the right answer.i

It's probably why it looked like Max got trolled from the beginning like what was the point of giving her the time traveling power in the first place?

• edited October 2015

Ask yourself this also: What do Chloe's life have to do with a tornado? It just doesn't make sense. Take Butterfly effect 3 for example. The protag goes back in time and saves his sister from a fire she was suppose to die in. She in turn grows up to be a murder and kills people. Because he saves his sister, others die. Saving her life = others will die because she kills them. Now look at life is strange: How does saving chloe's life = a tornado? Rather the tornado happens or not is dictated upon Chloe's life, I don't see the connection.

MichaelBP posted: »

Yep. How come Max changing the past by saving William change nothing? Why does the Universe only care when it's Chloe? Also, she didn't even

• enter image description here

The plot called for it I guess. I'm not sure if it's 100% legit, but I've heard they rewrote the story for episode 5. For one, there is audio of Nathan claiming he saw the storm in episode 4's files.

MosesARose posted: »

Ask yourself this also: What do Chloe's life have to do with a tornado? It just doesn't make sense. Take Butterfly effect 3 for example. The

• No way I'm buying that. They just hit 1 million copies sold world wide and had more than enough time to make a better episode

I think why Episode 5 feels rushed is because DONTNOD didn't have that much budget?

• yup, i would've expect he would do better... but... let's see in season 3... and i feel worried because they don't have any updates... :/

Thanks. Yeah, I agree. The Walking Dead Season 2 was a mess. But that's what happens when there's too many writers involved with their own i

• Episode 5's plot is rewritten, yes.

The plot called for it I guess. I'm not sure if it's 100% legit, but I've heard they rewrote the story for episode 5. For one, there is audio of Nathan claiming he saw the storm in episode 4's files.

• For one, there is audio of Nathan claiming he saw the storm in episode 4's files.

He says that in the EP4 trailer as well.

• Max changed fate.

Chloe was supposed to die in the bathroom, but Max stopped it from happening.

MosesARose posted: »

Ask yourself this also: What do Chloe's life have to do with a tornado? It just doesn't make sense. Take Butterfly effect 3 for example. The

• Not confirmed, but the devs did say that (if a 2nd season were to happen) the 2nd season has whole new cast.

I think DONTNOD shouldn't stop with a single game, I'm excited to see what they can do now.

(I hope they use a male protag on the 2nd season because gay romance is life)

I don't see why it's getting a season 2.

• Her power is what everyone wants: to be with someone you love for a longer period of time.

It could because we didn't have a chance to say goodbye, or we didn't get to be with that someone with a little bit more time.

Sure, you can say that the universe is a big troll. But it plays a part in Max's transformation into someone better.

For me, the whole adventure with Chloe until Episode 4 is the time Max needed to accept reality, that fate cannot be changed no matter what you do. This is life's lesson to Max.

[Sacrifice Chloe] — Max's acceptance of her best friend's fate.

[Sacrifice Arcadia Bay] — Max is in denial of her best friend's fate.

• Didn't stick to me as a finale.

Clemenem posted: »

No way I'm buying that. They just hit 1 million copies sold world wide and had more than enough time to make a better episode

• I think that's why it was rushed too.

I mean, so many unanswered quenstions and they totally left out the Prescott family and kinda Wells, they had more potential. And that food in the Dark room? Mr. Jefferson talking to Wells? Nathan saying "The storm is coming!" in the trailer of the episode 4? Huh, too bad they couldn't make something out of it.

• Seems like we're getting 3 additional episodes.

(I'll have to verify)

• Yeah.

But what's weird is that they rewrote the 2nd half of Episode 5 to be as it is now.

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

I think that's why it was rushed too. I mean, so many unanswered quenstions and they totally left out the Prescott family and kinda Wells

• Victoria: "You actually think you are better than me."

Max: "As a matter of fact, yes."

BURN, VICTORIA!

enter link description here enter link description here

• Max: bacon in the dark room... bacon in the dark room.... over and over.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Victoria: "You actually think you are better than me." Max: "As a matter of fact, yes." BURN, VICTORIA!

• And the IGN review in the end of the video, though x3

Max: bacon in the dark room... bacon in the dark room.... over and over.

• Huh, weird. I wonder why, it could have made the finale better.

I had hoped from the first episode that they don't pull off the cliché ending, but I was very wrong.

Yeah. But what's weird is that they rewrote the 2nd half of Episode 5 to be as it is now.

• I think I saw somewhere that there'd be more episodes, some files, I dunno now.

But where'd you hear that, if I may ask?

Seems like we're getting 3 additional episodes. (I'll have to verify)

• Ther are files that mention a 6th, 7th and 8th episode for the game.

He mentioned quite awhile ago that there are updates for the 6th episode and is added within the menu.

I think I saw somewhere that there'd be more episodes, some files, I dunno now. But where'd you hear that, if I may ask?

• Based on how it is, it could have been slightly better.

There's an ending called "Hospital", which means that Max ends up in the hospital... somehow

And the last chapter of the episode is called "Nightmare".

Huh, weird. I wonder why, it could have made the finale better. I had hoped from the first episode that they don't pull off the cliché ending, but I was very wrong.

• edited October 2015

Oh, I saw those files. I'd be so glad if that was true and they decide to do it (there's never enough of LiS).

That's interesting. Hopefully it will be confirmed, but we'll see.

Ther are files that mention a 6th, 7th and 8th episode for the game. He mentioned quite awhile ago that there are updates for the 6th episode and is added within the menu.

• Dontnod will be at Paris Game Week this week. Maybe it's too soon for them to announce DLC episodes, but you never know. It's probably to promote the game or for a physical edition (or both), but I can dream. :p

Seems like we're getting 3 additional episodes. (I'll have to verify)

• Maybe she would then decide to sacrifice herself and end up in the hospital (dead, really wounded or something else) ?

They could've added one more ending, those two were depressing af.

So maybe it would have ended on a cliffhanger, in the nightmare?

Based on how it is, it could have been slightly better. There's an ending called "Hospital", which means that Max ends up in the hospital... somehow And the last chapter of the episode is called "Nightmare".

• I saw someone saying that the Prescotts might've been behind the tornado, or at least knew something, based on Nathan's unused dialogue. This could explain the supplies in the bunker.

Episode 5's plot is rewritten, yes.

• TheCatWolf posted: »

For one, there is audio of Nathan claiming he saw the storm in episode 4's files. He says that in the EP4 trailer as well.

• Seems like the tornado was going to happen in the Hospital ending. Maybe. I dunno, there's this old concept art of Max during the storm in hospital clothing.

enter image description here

Based on how it is, it could have been slightly better. There's an ending called "Hospital", which means that Max ends up in the hospital... somehow And the last chapter of the episode is called "Nightmare".

• enter image description here

The publisher was Square Enix, that's a pretty big name. Budget shouldn't have been a big problem, if they just worked with what they had it

• So yeah, they had a budget problem.

Yes. Use texmod.

• ...Still better than the Arcadia Bay ending.

I...uh...yeah I don't know, I just thought it was funny. enter link description here

• It makes me sad how they had something else in mind but then it was cut off in the game :(

It's here: enter link description here

• It's better than the whole damn game.

...Still better than the Arcadia Bay ending.

• "SNITCHES GET STITCHES BITCHES" They should have implemented that line.

It's here: enter link description here

Sign in to comment in this discussion.