Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• edited February 2016

While discussing about wether it's right to lie for Greg or not this thingie popped up in my head: Sam claims to love her brother and feels guilty for bringing him with her in the first place right? Why does she bail on him earlier when we first met - when she began running towards e door on the Mobjack with the bag in her hand. She just left Greg there.

• edited February 2016

I thought of that, too, but I think she just assumed that he would follow her, when in reality, he froze and didn't move. By the way, you should tag your comment as spoiler, @Slothman.

• Awie

That's my point exactly! The Miniseries takes place only a few weeks after All Out War, and AOW finished around day 623.

• edited February 2016

Norma wears a jacket that says "stormin' Norma's", which suggests that she could've been the owner of a boat shop before the apocalypse. It also implies that Randall and her come from the US South, given that both of them have a slight accent.

enter image description here

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited February 2016

I like this touch. It's a detail that goes a good way in humanizing her character. It helps remind you that she was a regular person once, working a job and living life like anyone else. And obviously, it gives some insight into who she was. We know she owned some kind of company or business.

• edited February 2016

I hadn't thought about it that way, but it does show that she was a normal human being, paying bills and going to the store for food. I think it also hints at how Monroe was put together.

Deltino posted: »

I like this touch. It's a detail that goes a good way in humanizing her character. It helps remind you that she was a regular person once, w

• Diehard fans? more like anyone who played S1 Ep4.

Wigams posted: »

Because they knew people like us would point it out. It's clearly just a joke easter egg for the diehard fans to notice.

• No, you have to be very good with memory and such to remember that. I played S1E4 and I sure didn't notice it when I did the Michonne thing. Most people aren't going to remember that especially over the course of a few years.

darkfoxTM posted: »

Diehard fans? more like anyone who played S1 Ep4.

• Huh? I thought I did, I even have to click it to read it, is it just me or...?

I thought of that, too, but I think she just assumed that he would follow her, when in reality, he froze and didn't move. By the way, you should tag your comment as spoiler, @Slothman.

• Yeah, it looks like you did. Spoiler tags haven't been showing up for me for the last few days.

Slothman posted: »

Huh? I thought I did, I even have to click it to read it, is it just me or...?

• Swingpoynt said so.

For anyone who climbed the ladder, did anyone else think the body that was blocking the door looked a little like Uncle Pete from Season 2?

• Am I the only one who noticed that Sam shares the same female face animation files with Lilly, Katjaa, Bonnie, Jane, Shel etc.?

• This is more an unintentionally funny bug, but if you pause the game with the spacebar, the game doesn't stop spawning background sprites, IE birds and flies.

So if you pause the game, leave it for a few minutes, and come back and un-pause it, you'll just have this giant mass of birds or flies all over.

• I'll guess everyone noticed but when you explore the ferry, you will come across two lockers with the name Logan. This is obviously a re-use of Logan's locker from Season 1 except it has been modified but I'm wondering who the hell owns two lockers in a same room.

• So, Oak actively chose to drink from the World's Greatest Mom mug instead of the dad one? Heh, nice detail!

• Now that I'd be okay with. ;)

Metallica, duh.

• edited February 2016

I just realized something. His full name was Peter Joseph Randall. In this game, we have characters named Pete and Randall, all we need is a Joseph now.

AronDracula posted: »

Swingpoynt said so.

• enter image description here

I'll guess everyone noticed but when you explore the ferry, you will come across two lockers with the name Logan. This is obviously a re-use

• I hope we meet a Joseph in the next episode or in Season 3.

I just realized something. His full name was Peter Joseph Randall. In this game, we have characters named Pete and Randall, all we need is a Joseph now.

• I just realized that Norma's group is a fan of Kenny. Think about it, boat community, Norma is played by Cissy Jones who also played Katjaa, Randall can beat a defenseless boy who cursed him, he is very nice to you if you're on his side etc. I can't find more.

• edited February 2016

I wonder what music Clem does like then?

Anadel. Clementine loves listening to Anadel.

ShaneWalsh posted: »

In 'A house divided' if you get Clem to look at the stereo in the lodge a second time she will say "I wish they had some better music". The

• Obviously, there were two Logans that worked on the ferry

Someone decided to put both of their lockers in the same room just to confuse and annoy them

I'll guess everyone noticed but when you explore the ferry, you will come across two lockers with the name Logan. This is obviously a re-use

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited February 2016

After playing an alternate playthrough, it seems that Greg isn't actually involved in what's going on. Norma and her group do no appear to be familiar with him at all, and neither does he.

• When Randall first shows up, he mentions towards Sam "We figured you were a solo act..."

• When you're first introduced to Norma, she only comments on Sam, and not on Greg. Neither does Randall.

• Norma mentions Sam to be a good liar, but says nothing about Greg.

• Sam says she should have never involved Greg while you're in the store room.

• Depending on the choices while you're talking to Norma, she says that Sam 'drags people down' with her.

• Norma says that she knows Greg won't talk, and that his sister's probably filled his head with all kinds of stuff.

• Norma doesn't even know Greg's name. She tells Zachary to bring up the kid, then later asks him "Greg, is it?"

• Greg claims that he doesn't know what's going on, and no matter how many times he says it no one believes him. When you bundle this with all the above, he might be telling the truth here.

• Greg doesn't seem familiar with Norma or Randall himself.

• When Randall's forcing Zachary to interrogate everyone, he looks at Greg and rubs his chin as if he has an idea. Sam immediately speaks up and says to talk to her if he wants answers when she notices this.

All things considered, I think that if anyone stole anything, it was just Sam alone, who later involved her brother, who is actually just a victim that got wrapped up in this mess like Michonne and Pete did. Only he's probably got it worse off, since he's actually related.

• edited February 2016

I actually think that Greg might've followed Sam to the ferry, as she seemed surprised when she encountered him in the room of the duffel bag. Because of this, I also think that the building that we saw on the preview for "Give No Shelter" could've been where they were staying with their brothers.

By the way, I've noticed that you are pretty familiar with the game files. If you have time, could you please extract the character model or textures (I don't know what it's called) of the man that we see in the preview?

• That makes sense, actually... could be his sister got him messed up in something. Still doesn't account for his lying about Michonne knowing him for ages, though.

• I mentioned that in another thread, but him lying is probably mainly due to the fact that he doesn't know what Michonne said to begin with. Keep in mind that the two of them never really spoke, so he has no way of knowing what Michonne told Norma, nor does he know whether she lied or not. He was most likely winging it, just trying to get through the interrogation, and made the wrong assumptions about what Michonne said. The kid's obviously scared, so I wouldn't blame him for not answering truthfully when his sister probably convinced him that these are bad people and that he shouldn't trust them. I don't think his intention was to throw Michonne under the bus, or to try to take her down with him, it just ended up looking like it.

• That's one of the things about the whole kids lying, I really wish I could actually explain, and just say "I found them in the Ferry and the bag was there, they attacked us and then you came in." But apparently thats way too hard to say.

• Honestly, even if you were able to tell the absolute truth, Norma probably wouldn't believe it anyways. I'd say this whole situation is one of those rare occurrences where the truth just sounds hard to believe. It's a coincidental story when you think about it: you end up in a room with a supposed thief at the same time as them, and happen to get caught in that exact same moment by the people they stole from. I think that would sound a bit suspicious to an outsider, or to an actual member of the group that was being stolen from. Like Norma says, it would seem unlikely that you'd have all ended in the same room at the same time, and just happened to be caught at that exact moment. Ultimately it turns out to be the truth, but does it really sound like it from an outside perspective? In the middle of an apocalypse where you know people can and will say/do anything to get out of trouble or to get what they want, it makes sense that people would take anything said with a grain of salt, especially a story like that.

Poogers555 posted: »

That's one of the things about the whole kids lying, I really wish I could actually explain, and just say "I found them in the Ferry and the bag was there, they attacked us and then you came in." But apparently thats way too hard to say.

• Can I ask on what man you're referring to?

I actually think that Greg might've followed Sam to the ferry, as she seemed surprised when she encountered him in the room of the duffel ba

• enter image description here

There are models from Season 2 inside the game files for some reason.

• Someone is gonna get Kenny with those boats.

Imagine Monroe entirely with Kenny's. All of them Kenny.

• Yeah very true.

I just wish we could have said it, instead of being so strangely vague. But also like you were saying earlier, it seems they dont know Greg, so they assume they are all together.

Deltino posted: »

Honestly, even if you were able to tell the absolute truth, Norma probably wouldn't believe it anyways. I'd say this whole situation is one

• Someone has to do it.

Someone is gonna get Kenny with those boats. Imagine Monroe entirely with Kenny's. All of them Kenny.

• This is where I could use that gif of Michonne going 'Ahem' to Pete.

Poogers555 posted: »

Someone has to do it.

• Kenny is not in the files, thought I'm not sure if the S2 models inside TWD:M is the same format and not converted.

Someone is gonna get Kenny with those boats. Imagine Monroe entirely with Kenny's. All of them Kenny.

• Maybe they just put Clem in there for some sort of graphics test or...

CLEMCONFIRMEDMICHONNEHEARDITHEREFIRST

Kenny is not in the files, thought I'm not sure if the S2 models inside TWD:M is the same format and not converted.

• Change Michonne's walker pets into boats

Sign in to comment in this discussion.