Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• Probably. Telltale use a shit tone of reused models. Clementine's tiger drawing could be found in the episode.

They also recolour majority of them, such as Molly's ice pick and Molly herself along with Mark.

ZapThroat posted: »

Isn't that the same energy bar from S1 EP1?

• O tempora, o mores!

RichWalk23 posted: »

I live in the UK and I very rarely, if ever, see anyone do the reverse peace sign gesture as opposed to the middle finger. Perhaps it's just me and my generation, but the reverse peace sign barely seems all that obscene nowadays.

• telltale are like bioware always reusing animations an models.

ZapThroat posted: »

Isn't that the same energy bar from S1 EP1?

• edited March 2016

Is it funny that Randall and his guards remind you of how Carver and his guards showed up at the lodge in Season 2? First of all we meet Gabby before we even meet the leader, Randall, just like we meet Bonnie first before Carver even shows up. Both Randall and Carver had one guard who never talked in the first episode of their introduction and Johnny and Zachary (Determinant) are the first members of the groups to die.

• Fair point, this thread has only become about new details nowadays, I forgot that was in the title. Since we're at jobs now anyways:

• Larry, Lilly and Mark were in the army.

• Lee was a teacher at UGA.

• Carley was a news reporter.

• Doug was an IT guy.

• Katjaa was a veterinarian.

• The Save Lots bandits worked at Save Lots.

• Luke and Nick were enterpreneurs.

• Norma apparantly owned a boat shop called "Stormin' Norma's".

• Glenn was a pizza boy.

• Hershel was a farmer.

• The St Johns were dairy farmers.

Romaoplays posted: »

"Details you might forget", I can't assume everyone remebers that...

• Luke also majored in Art History.

And Michonne was a lawyer.

Fair point, this thread has only become about new details nowadays, I forgot that was in the title. Since we're at jobs now anyways: *

• Luke also minored in Agriculture.

And also worked at a coffee shop.

Luke also majored in Art History. And Michonne was a lawyer.

• Yeah, they purposely made both scenes mirror each other. The girl's name is Gabby, actually—as revealed by her character model—possibly a nickname for Gabriela, because she is Hispanic-American. I totally missed the Troy/Cam parallel, though.

AronDracula posted: »

Is it funny that Randall and his guards remind you of how Carver and his guards showed up at the lodge in Season 2? First of all we meet Gab

• I think the coffee shop thing was just a joke Kenny said, as there aren't exactly a lot of jobs for Art History.

Luke also minored in Agriculture. And also worked at a coffee shop.

• Hmm… you're probably right. Luke sure had a lot of time on his hands.

I think the coffee shop thing was just a joke Kenny said, as there aren't exactly a lot of jobs for Art History.

• Oh God I think I'm slightly obsessed...

On my second playthrough I immediately recognized that Greg's bashed in face was a re-used model of Carver's bashed in face.

enter image description here

enter image description here

I think I need help.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

It's not the exact same model, however, it does appear to use the same base texture, albeit modified.

• Is it funny that Zachary doesn't shake at all when he is holding Michonne, Pete, Sam and Greg at the gunpoint with a rifle when we meet him the first time but does when he points the pistol at Sam, Greg and Michonne?

• They have the same teeth texture, only that.

• Probably because he assumed that he wouldn't have to shoot anyone when apprehending Michonne, Pete, Sam, and Greg for the first time. The next time he's ordered to point a gun at someone, this time he's pressured by Randall to actually pull the trigger and kill someone, which is why he starts shaking.

AronDracula posted: »

Is it funny that Zachary doesn't shake at all when he is holding Michonne, Pete, Sam and Greg at the gunpoint with a rifle when we meet him the first time but does when he points the pistol at Sam, Greg and Michonne?

• The texture looks a little more high quality in Michonne, but look at the shape and angle the upper part of the skull is at. They're both the same.

They have the same teeth texture, only that.

• Not really, but it's kinda based on that texture from Carver.

Batteries posted: »

The texture looks a little more high quality in Michonne, but look at the shape and angle the upper part of the skull is at. They're both the same.

• Telltale Boss: "We should make all new models for each episode"

Telltale Staff: "But sir it's going to take forever to do all that"

Telltale Boss: "This is for the fans Goddammit!"

Telltale fans: "WHY IS IT TAKING SIX MONTHS BETWEEN EPISODES?!!!"

megamike15 posted: »

telltale are like bioware always reusing animations an models.

• If that's true and not a mistake by Telltale that is some good nonverbal storytelling.

Probably because he assumed that he wouldn't have to shoot anyone when apprehending Michonne, Pete, Sam, and Greg for the first time. The ne

Pretty sure it's intentional. To further support that, he looks fairly calm at first, but as soon as he's ordered to tie them up, he starts looking more concerned.

PapaLarkin posted: »

If that's true and not a mistake by Telltale that is some good nonverbal storytelling.

• AronDracula must be operating on prison rules. "It aint gay if you cant find any woman"

They are, as seen in this scene, when Randall says that Jonas and Zachary have the nicest room on the ship and when Randall says "What is it you do, Zachary? Besides fuck Jonas?"

• My mind went to masturbation but who wouldn't be upset if someone just randomly opened your room door? Especially if that someone was someone you disliked.

sialark posted: »

This might be pure speculation, but it looks to me that Jonas was lying in a somewhat :cough: interesting :cough: seductive :cough: position

• Telltale is good when it comes to body language, facial expressions, and non-verbal techniques in their projects, in spite of limited resources and budget.

PapaLarkin posted: »

If that's true and not a mistake by Telltale that is some good nonverbal storytelling.

edited March 2016

You know, I'm gonna say this: for all of the limitations of their engine, Telltale does a really good job with facial animations, in the sense of getting the point across, making them both vibrant and emotive enough to properly convey a character's feelings. There's too many games that seem to fall flat when it comes to facial animation, at least for me; too much expression in one spot and not enough in others, limited sets of emotions and expressions, lack of flexibility in the faces themselves, etc etc. I've played too many games that have been hampered by non-emotive faces that make the characters look about as involved in a high-octane situation as someone waiting in line at the bank. I'd honestly put Telltale near the top in that regard. I mean yeah, things are still a little choppy or jumpy at times, but at the end of the day, what matters the most is that the character can convey the emotion they're meant to in the moment. I don't care if that transition from a happy face to a sad face is a little shoddy, it's the faces themselves that matter.

Telltale is good when it comes to body language, facial expressions, and non-verbal techniques in their projects, in spite of limited resources and budget.

• Well said.

Deltino posted: »

You know, I'm gonna say this: for all of the limitations of their engine, Telltale does a really good job with facial animations, in the sen

• Lee says specifialy "zombies" on the first episode of S01

• Actually, 'walker' is a TV show thing. I don't think they ever said that in the comics, most of the time they call them roamers or lurkers, but often zombies aswell, especially in older issues. All that Kirkman has stated is that Romero's movies never existed in TWD universe, which set rules like 'It has to be the brain', hence why no one knew how to kill them at first. But he never said that the zombie genre in general or the term itself didn't exist. Only in the TV show universe does the term 'zombie' not exist. Lee calling them that is not a continuity error, but the group just settled with calling them walkers instead.

Lee says specifialy "zombies" on the first episode of S01

• I have no idea if this is a popular opinion but I find a but ridiculous how they call them walkers and roamers and lurkers—instead of just the dead—and that it's The Hilltop and The Kingdom and The Sanctuary.

Actually, 'walker' is a TV show thing. I don't think they ever said that in the comics, most of the time they call them roamers or lurkers,

• Well, they aren't exactly dead per say, so yeah. Anyway, there's stuff about the details of walkers, roamers, and lurkers. Roamers just roam, lurkers just kind of lie down/sit, etc.

I don't see a problem with calling those places with 'the'. It doesn't really make sense for me to just call places with the names like Kingdom, but I guess just saying Hilltop or Sanctuary isn't as a big of a deal.

I have no idea if this is a popular opinion but I find a but ridiculous how they call them walkers and roamers and lurkers—instead of just the dead—and that it's The Hilltop and The Kingdom and The Sanctuary.

• On TWD dublated in portuguese, they only say "zombies" :P

Actually, 'walker' is a TV show thing. I don't think they ever said that in the comics, most of the time they call them roamers or lurkers,

• Might be, but it's just a dub. Mistakes happen. The term doesn't exist in the original version (english).

On TWD dublated in portuguese, they only say "zombies" :P

• Everyone coming up with their own terms and adding prefixes to the settlements is just a little too cheesy for me. Roamers walk around looking for people, and lurkers are the ones who lay on the ground playing dead—the kind that bit Allen and Dale.

Oh, we just met the Whisperers, and those who tried to rape Carl were called the Claimers in the TV Show! I mean, I wouldn't have noticed if they were just a couple of times.

Well, they aren't exactly dead per say, so yeah. Anyway, there's stuff about the details of walkers, roamers, and lurkers. Roamers just roam

• "In Too Deep" is actually the first episode in which there are more named POC than named Caucasians.

The only Caucasian-Americans are Randall, Norma and Cameron—who is the guy with the orange anorak coat—with Oak being the first Caucasian-British character; Michonne, Pete and Jonas are all African-American; Samantha and Greg are the first Native-American characters on the entire The Walking Dead franchise; Berto and Gabby—the woman in Randall's crew—are both Hispanic-American; Zachary is Asian-American, and Siddiq is the first Arab-American character on the game.

• edited March 2016

I know, sometimes I watch it with subtitles, I just tought it would be an interesting thing to know ;)

Might be, but it's just a dub. Mistakes happen. The term doesn't exist in the original version (english).

• One thing I never knew about until I played Starved For Help just this morning is that it's possible to fix the swing on the farm yourself, rather than Andy fixing it.

• Wow, you didn't know about that? :D

Well, better late than never ;D

hemfbg posted: »

One thing I never knew about until I played Starved For Help just this morning is that it's possible to fix the swing on the farm yourself, rather than Andy fixing it.

• I'm sooo annoyed they scrapped this as it would have been so much better, given Mike more development and gave us the answer to Christa's fate.

ShaneWalsh posted: »

It was scrapped because it may have made the S2 story better.

• I know right, it's been what, 3 or 4 years since it was released? That being said it was the first time I've personally played the episode, so I guess the people on Youtube that I've watched play it don't dawdle or explore as much as I do.

Crips posted: »

Wow, you didn't know about that? Well, better late than never ;D

• Couple details

In the comics, michonne is the captain of the ship.

The boat is found by either Ezekials group or Ricks but regardless she isn't a lone wolf that just gets picked up for saving someone.

Michonne kinda acts like she's been alone for awhile the whole episode, kinda like she's not from a community like Alexandria and been there for almost a year. And she acts like she wasn't just bumpin uglies with Ezekial before she found the boat.

Damn telltale, back at it again with the unrelated (but says it's connected so ppl like me will buy the game) plot lines. Or should I say fanfiction. But you got the VAs from life is strange so it doesn't matter right?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.