The Multiverse: Prime

Comments

• [Remain quiet]

I dont know which one is better, but I dont want to beg him and attacking him sounds like a really bad idea. I feel like this is the neutral option and it is the one all of the others choose, so I will choose it too.

Lord_EAA posted: »

Casey Miller Well the rest of the day went sort of like that. Mary said or did something crazy, I tried to stop her and failed horribly.

• edited November 2016

Logan Miles

…………………………I stood silent. In that brief moment of panic, I realized that even if I did beg the asshole would tell me anyway. I wasn’t going to lose my dignity for him. Who knows, maybe I could have just caught him in a bluff. He just happened to read one of the tabloid articles and thought that was the truth or maybe he just guessed it and didn’t even have a story. I decided to hold on to that hope for as long as I could. So I turned my head and ignored him. His look changed to a graver one and he turned his head back to the road.

“You know........when I heard that Lauren Cohain's son joined the force I had a...mix of feeling. Despite my own beliefs I know that every generation can be different from one before. My own father was a farmer, never got involved with the city. So I decided that I could test you, prove to myself that you could be better than the rotting feces of generations past. I studied you for two whole weeks, looked for any sign to confirm my suspicions and to be honest I almost thought I had been wrong all this time. But well, it seems the fucking apple didn’t fall far from the tree did it?” he said like he was holding back an urge to beat me. “You've got big balls, just like your momma! No fucking respect for authority! And enough stupidity and bravado to get you killed!”

He turned to me "You fucking disgust me Miles. You and your family are and have always been the cancer of this community. Every part of your being is corrupt and sick. Your 'blood' is slime, and every breath you take pollutes the oxygen like smog."

Holy fucking shit. What the hell was going on this guys head? Before I could react he grabbed me by the shirt collar and pulled me over to him. I was only inches from his bright red face.

"You are a living plague!!! Touching and infecting others with your sickness!! If I could end it now I right now you can bet you worthless, putrid, BITCH mother i fucking would!!!!!!!!!!! TRUE FUCKING JUSTICE!!!" He yelled standing on his seat, almost choking on the words. " JUST LIKE I DID WITH HE......."

Then suddenly a car horn went off. As we both turned we saw a couple of truck similar to ours but larger and an in a black color scheme. The military squad was here.

I could only look at them briefly as Phil threw me to the door and spit at my face. "Lower than shit" he said as he exited the car.

I wiped my cheek and got out of the car. Phil was already talking to a woman who came out of the first truck, smiling and pretending nothing was going on. I wanted to punch the hell out of his face but decided it wasn't worth it. Fuck him, he didn't matter. No use going at it with people like that. Besides, if everything went to plan i was going to leave soon anyway.....

Nick Archer

Why not I guess.

"Deal" I said shaking his hand.

"Good" He answered. "Good timing too. I recognize that turn we just made from practice. Seems the deal was more limited than I thought."

Just as he said that the truck stopped. Guess training did pay off. We waited for a bit for the signal to get off, but then suddenly Ellie decided to go crazy with the horn. I guess that was as good as just telling us. Guess her mood was suck in anger incarnate now. So we just took it and walked out. We went in combat positions just in case things went FUBAR. I pulled out my gun and quickly loaded it bulle........

'Nick' Emma's voice rang in my head. 'Nick, please. Don't lose who you are'

I loaded it with tranq ammo. Wasn't risking it. Not today, no matter what.

As we walked out I saw two men get out of a small armored truck similar to ours. One was young adult of maybe 23? Looked like someone told him to take a leap. The other was a man clearly near his 40's, fat guy with a big nose and lots of stubble on his face. He walked up as the other guy stayed the back.

"Phil Degger, MPD" The officer said holding his badge. "I'm in charge of the transport".

"With all due respect officer, what the fuck was that?" Ellie said as she got out and walked towards him. "For a second there it looked like your prisoner was making an escape with all the side turns you were making."

"My apologies miss" He answered calmly. "It just so happens that one of the members of my team turned out to be a reckless dumbass"

Suddenly Ellie seemed to calm down. "Well we all got one of those. Don't we Archer?" She said turning to me.

Just more and more salt for the wound.

"Anyway" She said turning back. "Did the prisoner give you any trouble?"

"Not really." He said as I heard the back door of their truck open. "He's just very..... excitable"

Just when he said that I spotted him out of the corner of my eye. Being dragged by two other guards constantly aiming at his back. After all these years........there he was. Sparker.

"Woah, hey guys!" He said with his sick smile. "Family reunion!!!"

I pulled out my gun and aimed it at him. As did everyone but Ellie, who just starred. He raised his cuffed hands.

"Sorry for not bringing the turkey but the gentlemen decided to take me for a ride. They did it for free even. But,......." He said putting a hand to the side of his head. "I feel like they have this thing for heavy bondage."

"You shut the hell up!!" One of the guards said raising his gun at him.

"Oh, come on officer this is supposed to be a simple transaction." He turned to Ellie and smiled as he saw her face. "So is it cash or credit sweetheart?"

Her stare got darker. "Not, funny"

"Neither is this farce you call a legal system. But hey, I'm still laughing."

"Shut up!" Said the same officer as he pushed him forward.

Sparker turned his head. "So aggressive." He turned and saw me and Curtis. "Seems the whole goon squad came along for this one. How's it going Archer? Still can't aim straight."

"Straight enough to hit you from this angle." I answered looking at him in the eye.

"Congrats! You can shoot an unarmed, heavily guarded and chained up person 5 or 6 footsteps in front of you. Bet you'd be real proud if you did that. But, you know your sister wouldn't forgive you."

Crossed the fucking line. I stepped forward but felt a hand grab me by the shoulder. It was Curtis.

"Come on Nick let's get this fucker in the back."

"Woah, guys. This transport just lost the PG rating." He said as we began to drag him off. "Hey guys watch the suit, I know its bland, but I've grown attached."

We carried him over to the back of the truck and attached his chains to the floor. He was not quiet during this.

"Anyone else getting Deja vu? I feel like I went through this before." he said as we finished locking him in.

"Shut up." Curtis said as we locked the back door.

Phil Degger

The transfer went on without issue. After the soldier was done talking we parted ways and went back to the car. I had to wait 10 minutes so they had a head start in case we decided to follow them. When they were done I started up the car and waited for the asshole to get in his seat. He was going to regret that the inside part of the truck was sound proof. I waited for a good 5 minutes before I lost my patience and walked out. The coward probably was too afraid to sit next to me so I thought he was outside pissing himself. But he wasn't outside.

Then it hit me. Boy must have gone outback. Probably hoping that the guys would protect him at worst. Well, there was no 'protection' from me. I walked out back and opened the door. I was shocked to see Johnny and Bill waiting alone.

"What?" Johnny asked in confusion. "Is there a problem Phil?"

What the hell? Where did he............Then the idea popped into my head.

I took out my gun.

"Nothing fellas. Just wondering whether you'd mind if I go chase down a buck. It's hunting season in the area and I saw a good one in the woods."

"Nah, it's fine." Bill said. "We'll just play cards while you're gone. We can wait."

"Thanks fellas. I'll be going now."

"No problem, happy hunting."

"Don't worry." I said as I walked into the dense forest. "It will be."

Matthew Stevens

As I finished the preparations for the presentation, I sat down and reviewed the planning document. The order list was nearly finished, I just needed to finish the placement of Emma, Lucios and Hertz. The last would interact the most with Marlone who chose the final spot as his would be a 'grand finale'. It would be tricky considering how they would interact in the brief time they were together on the platform. Especially do to their most recent behavior. I needed to be careful not to regret what I chose. One false move and their chances at maintain the projects funded could be dashed. I looked at the list one final time and placed them in the order I thought was best.

[First Emma, Herntz and then Lucios]

[First Lucios, Hertz and then Emma]

[First Herntz, Lucios and then Emma]

[First Emma, Lucios and then Herntz]

• [First Emma, Herntz and then Lucios] Emma can be pretty awkward but Lucios seems confident, safest to end it with him.

Logan Miles …………………………I stood silent. In that brief moment of panic, I realized that even if I did beg the asshole would tell me anyway.

• [First Lucios, Hertz and then Emma]

I think it's best to have Emma at the end so she can use the previous presentations for her own good while presenting her own if something will get her by surprise. It would be the chance for Emma as well to shine, as she will have most interaction with Marlone.

Logan Miles …………………………I stood silent. In that brief moment of panic, I realized that even if I did beg the asshole would tell me anyway.

• God, that Phil guy continues to be a complete fucking asshole, and that is really the nicest thing I can say about him. What the hell is wrong with him exactly? I start to believe that he is literally insane. Hell, in this part he came off as less sane than Sparker! And I do get the feeling that he's even trying to outright murder Logan very soon, if his own PoV was any indication. If that part wouldn't already be safely filled by Lucios, I'd say that he is my least favourite character.

[First Emma, Herntz and then Lucios]

Giving Emma any interaction with Marlone is not a good idea, I'm afraid. If she'd have a bad day, then a single comment from him could ruin her presentation. Also, his Owlman is super dangerous and I do not wish for him to break free and attack Emma, if she's still on stage together with Marlone. In that case, I'd rather sacrifice Lucious, who is a bastard either way. I also do not want for Emma to have her presentation directly before Lucious, since he huge crush on him could end up causing her to mess up her own presentation, if she gets nervous. Lucios is also definitely the calmest of the three (which is the only good thing I can ever say about him), so he's the least likely to respond to any provocations from Marlone.

• [First Emma, Lucios and then Herntz]

I think it is not the best idea to put Lucios last because he and Marlone seem to hate each other, or at least Marlone hates Lucios. I dont want Lucios to do anything to provoke Marlone but I also dont want Emma to share time on the platform with Marlone, so this is the only option for me.

• [First Emma, Herntz and then Lucios]

I'm all caught up, if a little late. I gotta say, Sparker is really starting to amuse me. A lot of his lines are honestly top notch. Great work!

• edited October 2016

Thanks, I try to actually make him funny despite him being the most evil character at the moment. Glad you cached up. Also did you seen the references to Silicon in the previous part?

NoHopeLeft posted: »

[First Emma, Herntz and then Lucios] I'm all caught up, if a little late. I gotta say, Sparker is really starting to amuse me. A lot of his lines are honestly top notch. Great work!

• Yes! It's pretty neat getting referenced. I liked it, of course!

Thanks, I try to actually make him funny despite him being the most evil character at the moment. Glad you cached up. Also did you seen the references to Silicon in the previous part?

• edited August 2017

Hey guys its been a while. Not as long as a waiting while, but still. This week was bad with the midterm essays and I did not get a part out by the agreed deadline. Heck in my planned scheduel 3 parts should be released each week and I haven't given one yet. However this week I will try my best to at least release two and then release 3 next week. In the meantime I refuse to let you guys wait any longer without SOME story content so I'm going to give you a TON of it today. So without further to do lets talk about......Down the Darkened Halls........yes I still remember that.

For those of you that don't remember or don't know about it, back in the years start I paused my work on Prime to write a story on inklewritter. It was a choiced based story program that featured replay-ability with you being able to write basically anything and then build choices and concequences to shape the players decisions. I spent an entire month writing it and showed it to you guys when it was complete. The response seemed to be good but I could tell some of you preferred this format due to the ability to interact and socialize instead of being a single reader and choice maker and don't worry I wasn't about to write multiverse that way a all I love this format with all my heart. I always planned to continue it, but back then I left it to focus on writing Prime, successfully doing it...........once every 2 or 3 weeks if I remember correctly. Even though it was designed for multiple plays I doubt any of you really did that. More likely it just helped you have your own experience different from the others. So to pass the time, I am going to reveal all the choices and outcomes of that story in its current state. Here we go :

1) What to do about Hergid?

If Lord Hergid is left alone, the spymaster will just keep spying on him for information. Lord Hergids contribution to the militia will remain and Count Jaques will mention how good it is that he was left alone. In the end of the 'chapter' Hergid himself will appear with some businessmen and mock Glay while unknowingly being spied upon.

If Hergid secret is revealed Jaques will mention the revelation floating about of his affair and his contribution will be refused by the General. Lord Glay will not be worried that Jaques seemed to know he did it. In the end Hergid will be seen running away from his lover who is trying to convince him to return to her. He is mocked and humiliated publicly.

If Hergid is killed his cupbarrer is blamed and sent to execution. Hergids will be unable to contribute funds to the military. Sir Reylen will be depressed for the rest of the chapter due to his death as they were friends, even if he is chosen he will remain sad. If Mordain is chosen instead Reylen will be devastated and not speak again in the rest of the meeting. In the end the 14 year old cupbarrer will be seen take by the guards to a dungeon, screaming that he is innocent.

2) Insult or Ignore Mordain?

If you ignore Mordain he will be far more calm with you at the meeting and the general will respect your behavior. If Reylen is chosen he will threaten Glay but nothing more. If you chose him to lead he will be grateful and him and Glay shall both consider ending their rivalry. Regardless he will remain giving comments and opinions for the rest of the meeting.

If he is insulted him and Glay will have a violent argument. The general shall demean them both. If he is chosen he will be angry but grateful and Glay will still see him as rival. If Reylen is chosen Mordain will be driven into a mad fury and attempt to assassinate Glay. He will permanent scar Glay across his cheek with his dagger but be captured and stripped of all his titles, then he is sent to still lead the border but to be watched executed at the first sight of treason. Glay will enjoy knowing his rival is now permanently beaten and will see the scar as a fair price.

3) Leader of armies?

If Sir Reylen is chosen, along with all the other things mentioned previously, he will favor invading Anettia do to its challenging terrain.

If Mordain is chosen , along with all the other things I mentioned previously, he will favor invading Modenster.

4) King or Killed?

If King Meridan escaped Tirek will be in constant revolt and a new faction will be born out of people wishing to search for the king. Another option will be added to ask about the rebels later. When asked about Tirek the general will say things are going poorly.

If King Meridan is killed Tirek will be fully subjugated and its citizens will be happy to blindly serve the empire. When asked about Tirek the general will proudly state that they have been dominated completely.

5) Asking too many questions?

All of these are optional lore with some choices sprinkled in from what you learn. Depending on who is present and in a talkative mood and who you chose as leader of the invading army there are several dialogue changes.

As i've said before, if King Meridan lives you have an entire new choice to ask about the rebels.

If you ask about Karavas he will say the King helps fugitives, however if you ask about the Rebels first he will say 'your so called rebels'.

If you ask about Pleigis they will mention it later and the choice will be saved for future chapters.

If you ask about everything the others will acknowledge it.

The option to ask nothing is replaced by an option to stop asking if even one question is asked.

If Lord Glay does not ask any questions he will feel good about himself for being well informed and the story will continue as if he asked every question (Under the logic that he already knew the answers) with the one exception of Pleigis since knowing about it counts as an actual choice for later.

6) Anettia or Modenster?

This is the biggest choice in the story so far.....and it ironically currently has the least concequence. This determines the next chapters location and where the story goes from here.

If after reading any of this you'd actually like to play or replay it here you go : https://writer.inklestudios.com/stories/hbvz

• Also, if any of you have any questions about Prime I am fully open to answer them as best I can without spoiling it.

• So, do you know when will the new part be out? Just asking ^^

Also, if any of you have any questions about Prime I am fully open to answer them as best I can without spoiling it.

• edited November 2016

Supposed to be today, but test studies and an essay intervened. Tomorrow seems likely, Monday if I can't somehow. But It is definitely almost done. Sorry for the delay.

janitor posted: »

So, do you know when will the new part be out? Just asking ^^

• edited November 2016

Matthew Stevens

I soon became certain of the order I should approach. First would go Emma, then Herntz, then Lucios. It seemed like the least likely order to cause a catastrophe. Emma and Lylain were friends and I had no doubt Lucios would refuse any attempt of Marlones to get him angry. Hopefully I was correct in the matter.

As I finished printing out the schedule of events I heard a knock upon my door. It was very odd, I had assumed at the time everyone would be too busy to talk to me about....well anything really. But I was not about to deny anyone my council, even if their visit was very unexpected. I just hoped it would not be Lylain. I was still afraid of our next encounter given how he treated me. I had never taken him for such a selfish, arrogant man. Regardless, even he deserved a chance to defend himself. As the door began to open I was bewildered by the presence of the man who stood before me.

"Commander Rickwell, I had not expected you." I said closing the door as he entered.

"Now that is surprising doctor. Lives like the ones we've lived should have taught to expect the unexpected. I trust that in your time you have seen many things one would deem very .........surprising."

"Yes" I said as returned to my desk. "I cannot deny that life has been too generous for me in that regard. To what do I owe the pleasure general?"

He shook his head. "I regret to inform you doctor that my news do not bring any such 'pleasure'. As a matter a fact you will probably wish I had taken your age into consideration when I chose to inform you."

My eyes widened. "This has nothing to do with our prisoner does it?"

"I also regret to inform you it doesn't. I wish it did, then we would have something to go on." As he said this he pulled a USB drive out of one of his pockets. "Tell me doctor, when you set out to find the unknown........... did you ever consider it might start looking for you?" He finish as he connected it to my computer.

"I do not know what you mean sir. Are you saying that......." before I could finish my sentence a video began to play.

It was surveillance footage taken from a camera from one of the east halls. The time read 2:36 so we were all most likely asleep. For a moment there was nothing on screen. The suddenly on the side of the screen a figure emerged. He, as I assume he was a he, was wearing some kind of armored suit all over his body. His face was covered by some black glass that connected to the suit like a mask. I was simply bewildered. It was like nothing I had seen before, far too advanced to have been made with our current technological capacity. As he walked around the hall he did so very calmly, like he was confident the squad wouldn't notice him. Then suddenly he stopped and began to pull something from a compartment in his armor. It was..............a prime device.

My first instinct was to assume it was ours, but upon closer inspection it looked nothing alike in its design. As he pulled it out and pointed it to the hall he pressed a small button on the front and a portal appeared out of the thin air in front of him. He walked forth and entered it. Then the hall was silent and after a few minutes the portal disappeared like I had seen it many times before. The Commander turned the footage off.

"Now" He said looking at me. "Can you please explain to me what the fuck is going on?"

Logan Miles

Ok, this was it. I just had to keep my distance and eventually, I would get there. Time to finally see what was really going on in those buildings. I made as little noise as I could as I snuck around the trees. For good or bad except for the trucks up ahead everything in those woods was quite, which was a nice change from earlier. I still couldn't believe that asshole began to insult my mother. I knew first hand what she had been, what she did, how she justified herself. And I knew she was a horrible, selfish and immature woman who was never fit to raise children and to be honest I don't think ill ever forgive her for that. But after all the suffering her death caused me and Aaron, I just wanted to let her rest like dad. I was tired and sick of being angry at her. And since then I have tried my best make up for all the mistakes she made in life, raised my brother, gave back what she took....put her behind me.

But then Phil decides to dig her up and piss on my mothers corpse. Who the hell was the guy anyway? just some high ranking, crazy asshole. Who the hell is as screwed up in the head as to tell a man his mother was a worthless woman who deserved to die. If Aaron was there the guy would be bleeding from his broken teeth now. Which reminded me the reason I came here in the first place. I was convinced that what was happening in the town was connected to this place, there was just no way around it. Creepy government facility suddenly tourist friendly? Give me a break. They were hiding something and the best way to do that is to make others think you aren't hiding anything at all. It didn't help that it just recently got bought by the government in a bid. What made them suddenly gain the interest after so many years? Whatever it was I was going to find out.

The peaceful nature of the forest gave me too much time to reflect. I really didn't want to at the moment since my thoughts mostly revolved on 'I want to go back and teach Phil a lesson' and 'Oh god please don't get caught'. I did my best to ignore them and focus on being as quiet as I could possibly be. Suddenly a bullet flew to the ground near me. I turned around to expect the squad, maybe one stayed behind to track me. But what I got was much worse. It was Phil.

"How's about you come out of those woods Miles."

[How's about you go screw yourself (Run)]

[Or what? You'll shoot me?]

[Run]

[Pull Out A Gun And Threaten Him]

• edited November 2016

[Run]

I would not put it pass this guy to just shoot him. So . . . zigzag! Serpentine! GTFO!

This part was incredibly well written, by the way! Great job!

Matthew Stevens I soon became certain of the order I should approach. First would go Emma, then Herntz, then Lucios. It seemed like the l

• Thank you :).

[Run] I would not put it pass this guy to just shoot him. So . . . zigzag! Serpentine! GTFO! This part was incredibly well written, by the way! Great job!

• Whoa, that twist in Matthew's part... I really don't know where this is going to lead to, but holy damn, this is getting really intriguing!

[Run]

Yes, I agree with Hope. Running sounds like the smart option here. I man, there is no need to waste time and breath by insulting him first, we know from Phil's part that he plans to shoot him and pulling out a gun at him would really cause things to escalate and it would also give Phil an excuse to shoot him, claiming it would be self defense. By that logic, running immediately and without warning is the only thing I could see as making sense. Problem is, if Phil's goal is just to humiliate him into having such a reaction (which I don't think, but would see in the realms of possible), then Logan is giving him what he wants. Still, this is better than risking serious injuries or death.

Matthew Stevens I soon became certain of the order I should approach. First would go Emma, then Herntz, then Lucios. It seemed like the l

• [Or what? You'll shoot me?] Best to be smart about this, running will make him give chase or make Logan look incompetent, which Phil has been trying to do for a couple parts now. He's been a huge dick but he hasn't given me reason to believe that he'd resort to murder (yet)
    I'm really tempted to pick "how about you go screw yourself" XD

Futuristic teleporting man! Best keep an eye out for that.

But after all the suffering her death caused me and Logan

I think you meant me and Aaron.

• Yes I did. It's funny because in the first version it was Logan, I fixed it in the second and then forgot and changed it for Logan.

AgentZ46 posted: »

[Or what? You'll shoot me?] Best to be smart about this, running will make him give chase or make Logan look incompetent, which Phil has bee

• [Pull Out A Gun And Threaten Him]

Let's show some balls.

• edited November 2016

Logan Miles

I ran like hell. I really didn't feel like talking to a trigger happy psycho at the moment. Another shot rang out and hit the ground near me.

"FUCKING COWARD!!!!!" He said as another shot hid a tree to my right. "Shoud've know you were too gutless to face me."

Another shot. This time it was in front of me. Dammit, he was getting better aim, at this rate he would......

"CLICK" I heard coming from the woods behind me. He ran out, thank god. Wait if I heard it from here that meant.

I turned around and saw him through the treeline, reloading a just a few feet from me.

"Just one shot and you're done asshole!" I heard him scream as I bolted out of there as fast as I could. Dammit, Dammit.

What the fuck was I going to do?

[Go back and fight him before he reloads]

[Keep running into the woods]

[Try to run to were the trucks were going]

Riley Peters

He had to tell him. He had to. As I looked at Sam's face I realized I was crying by now. It was a problem I always had, things always hit me too hard. But I think it was warranted this time. He needed to tell the professor truth. The whole truth. It was the only way he could help him.

Finally he spoke, and he told us the full story from the start. I was horrified to think that two people would beat a man...for fun? I couldn't even begin to understand that. Then he told us about how he got in the way and stopped them. I was so proud of him. Many people like to say that they would do the same , but few have the courage to do it. I always though I would, but maybe the fear would freeze me. Like it did when I found that man.......

Oh god that poor man, to be so afraid for so long and finally be safe. He even saved Sam I couldn't help, but feel even worse bout things. That poor man. I could still see his horrified face in my unfinished drawing. To think only moments ago he was safe and with the police. What could have happened?

'What could have happened?' I thought as I began to hypnotically stare at the drawing. What could have happened?..............the man......the police......unfinished...........drawing...........happened.........police.....unfinished..........always..........never.........again................everything........nothing..........

I had to finish my purpose in existence.

"Riley!.......Riley?" I heard Sam yell nearly a thousand miles away.

Samuel... Just Samuel......Finishing his interrogation

"So that's what happened." I told Riley and the professor.

The professor cupped his chin in thought. "My that is worrying." he said calmly.

I put my face in my hands. "What are we going to do?" I asked in fear.

"Nothing" he said quickly.

"I'm sorry?" I answered.

"We will do nothing" he said as I stared in bewilderment. "Taking any action but silence right now would just cause a panic. I have no doubt that any sort of attack will be dealt with easily by the security team in the building".

"Are you crazy?!" I yelled at him.

"Perhaps, but I am mearly looking at the best outcome for every one involved."

"The best..." I shook my head. "Are you absolutely nuts. They are going to attack us. We need to stop this buss, warn the police."

"The police will only further complicate the matter." he said as he finished bandaging me.

"This is crazy. You're crazy!!! Riley back me up on this!.' I said as I turned to her. She had gone back to drawing. It looked like this haddn't bothered her at all.

"Riley?..." I said again and she gave me no reaction.

The professor grabbed me by the shoulder. "You see? Miss Peters can also handle this situation rationally."

My eyes were bulging now. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!!!!!!"

"Please child. Calm down. The others are starting to...."

"CALM DOWN!!!! WHAT THE HELL?!!!!! And I want them to notice. I want them to know that some psychos are..... AHHHHH" I yelled as I felt a sharp pain in my arm. As I looked I saw the professor had stuck a needle in it.

"What the....what did you just..." I said feeling like I lost my strength.

"Only a sedative. I'm sorry I had to come to this, but you refused to listen to reason." he said taking the needle out.

"You...you're fucking crazy...." I said as I drifted off to sleep.

• Sorry everyone for the delayed and short part. I will do my best so this doesn't happen again.

• [Keep running into the woods] - Just keep running, just keep running, just keep running... He can't aim, shoot, and run at the same time.

Also, he just freaking drugged Samuel?!

Logan Miles I ran like hell. I really didn't feel like talking to a trigger happy psycho at the moment. Another shot rang out and hit the

• Yep. He just gave him a sedative to put him to sleep.

[Keep running into the woods] - Just keep running, just keep running, just keep running... He can't aim, shoot, and run at the same time. Also, he just freaking drugged Samuel?!

• [Keep running into the woods] Screw this guy!

This punk with his sedative.

Logan Miles I ran like hell. I really didn't feel like talking to a trigger happy psycho at the moment. Another shot rang out and hit the

• [Go back and fight him before he reloads]

Why not to show that guts and kick his ass?

• Holy shit! Choice first! Choice first! Need to get that out of the way before I can rant what a complete and utter bastard dog that professor is.

[Try to run to were the trucks were going] The trucks mean that there are witnessess. Phil can't do shit if there are witnessess around.

Now, holy shit! The professor is working with these psychopaths, I'm calling it now. There is literally not even the tiniest excuse for his behaviour and whatever happens, it will be his personal fault. He can't seriously claim that not doing anything is the best course of action, therefore letting these terrorists attack the building and potentially kill his students or at least members of the security teams. At the very least, these people will be put in mortal danger thanks to him and his downright retarded actions. Like, honestly, any person with more than a single working brain cell knows that this is by far the worst course of action and actually outright criminal in probably every single country that exists. Yes, I am pretty sure that not notifying anyone about a potential danger is illegal even in North freaking Korea. That brings me to the conclusion that Sherwinlock is working with the psychopaths, which is highly worrying. But anyways, this part made him my least favourite character by a country mile. It's shocking how fast he went from a guy I am quite curious about to a guy now loathe and despise. His actions are absolutely inexcusable and unless he comes around and sees that he is getting people wounded or killed for no reason at all, then I'm actively wanting him dead from now on. He's taking the easy way to irredeemable evil. Hopefully he will be the only one killed by these psychopaths, that would be karmic. Damn it, just as Samuel finally started to become less of a moron, Sherwinlock decided to take his place as the worst character in the story. Hell, that man is surely my least favourite and he's clawing into that position so heavily that it will be hard for anyone else to take it. And don't even get me started about him drugging one of his students, that only enforces my theory that he is working or sympathizing with the psychopaths and outright wishes to get people killed.

• (Cough's loudly) But dear Liquid, don' you see this both the most logical, practical and RATIONAL solution to the matter. Why I dare say Socrates could not question his utterly brilliant logic here. (I say with a pompose laugh, because my retort was funny and well thought out.)

Holy shit! Choice first! Choice first! Need to get that out of the way before I can rant what a complete and utter bastard dog that professo

• Of course Socrates could not question it, for he died a couple thousand years before this part is set, though I am willing to bet that he would have questioned it if possible. But you don't need Socrates to question this, for I should be good enough for that. It is neither logical, nor practical, nor rational and calling it any of these attributes is an insult to all things logical, practical and rational. It is cowardly, inactive and downright stupid, not to say inexcusably irresponsible, something so bafflingly foolish that I still can't fully grasp the probably non-existant thought-process behind it, which can't have possibly been much deeper than the thought-process of a sea cucumber. Drawing the natural conclusion out of this I can, with all due respect, say that Professor Sherwinlock is a stupid fucker.

(Cough's loudly) But dear Liquid, don' you see this both the most logical, practical and RATIONAL solution to the matter. Why I dare say Soc

• (That moment when you realize I accidentally wrote both for 3 things and that actually makes the 'argument' better)

Well maybe it was so far well thought out that none of us can even see any logic behind it. Then again we might be seeing why Adam finds it hard to trust the guy with children, he did openly say that he MIGHT be crazy.

Of course Socrates could not question it, for he died a couple thousand years before this part is set, though I am willing to bet that he wo

• [Keep running into the woods]

I would have maybe chosen one of the other options but I dont want to tie the vote. I think fighting him or running to other people is better but lets try this one then.

• Casey Miller

"Ok, but you have to admit it's nifty." Mary said as we walked to the street.

"How is that 'nifty'? You literally just changed one of the lenses into a glass. It looks stupid." I said trying to bring logic and reasoning to this situation.

"Well that's your opinion" she said calmly.

"It's not JUST my opinion it's a fact Mary. I mean Josh, doesn't she look ridiculous?"

He finally moved his constantly tired looking eyes. "I guess not" he said shrugging.

"Well that's a horrible guess"

"Really?" Mary intervened. "Or is it just that you can't appreciate my unique style." she said flicking her half-glasses at me.

I was at a loss for words. I turned to Josh and he raised his eyebrows like he had just woken up. "What?"

I took a deep breath. "Nothing, let's just get on the fucking bus already."

He went back to his usual face. "Sounds good to me." he finished while walking past me.

I looked at the two of them walking away from me. I took another big breath. Well I guess these are the people I decided to spend my 'best years' with. Might as well like them for who they are, cheesy as it sounds. Then again I did love cheese, both kinds.

As we entered the buss I could already tell that this was going to be a nightmare. Badly bolted celling, weird floor carpet, broken seats, oh and I think I just saw a man stick a needle into the kids arm.............OH MY GOD! I immediately turned to the responsible looking adult to the side of me.

"What is he......."

He reacted quickly and calmly. "That's Professor Sherwinlock, he's treating another student who was injured."

"Oh I hope he's ok." I said a bit worried hearing that.

"I'm sure he'll be fine" He said, noticeably a bit unconvinced himself. "I'm Adam Pierce, and from your voice I deduce that you are Mary Williams."

"Nope." Said shaking his hand. "Casey Miller. That girl with the pink hair is Mary."

He was very confused now, exchanging looks between both of us. "But, your voice sounds Identical to the one on the pho..."

I pushed past him as fast as I could. "Sorry Professor, were already a little late on the schedule. No time for a chit-chat."

"Ok, then." He answered giving up on his question. "I hope you enjoy the trip." I heard him finish as I sat down.

Valentino Drake

Well I had just spent the past few minutes hanging back to let the prof do his work. Mostly I ended up explaining to Charlie what the hell just happened with Samuel. I kept wondering if that dead homeless guy had anything to do with it. Maybe he also turned out to be a psycho. After I was done I went back to check and the professor had gone. Maybe chatting with Sam for a bit could ease things up.

"Well how did it g....." It was then than I realized he was a sleep. How did that happen? I guessed Riley should know, so I went up to her seat."Riley what happened to...Riley?"

It was the same thing that had happened before. She was all glassy eyed and focused on her drawing that she didn't notice anything else. I shook her like last time but it didn't seem to work. I put my hand over her eyes and she continued like nothing. This was getting too freaky, what the heck was happening to her. What happened to them while I was gone?

The professor, he would know. I saw him getting up to his seat at the front and sitting down. I was going to walk to him when I noticed a few people sitting down a few rows to the left. I had never seen them before, they must have been the university students. Then I suddenly remembered, the deal I made with sis. This was the best time to go over there and finish this. But, what about Mr. Sherwinlock. I couldn't just leave that whole thing with Riley and Sam on it's....... own could I?

[Go talk to Casey]

[Go talk to Mr.Sherwinlock]

Adam Pierce

I was watching the houses out the window when I saw Sherwinlock coming towards me.

"Did it go well?" I asked.

He sat down and sighed. "As well as can be expected. Had to sedate him sadly. Pain was to hard on the boy. It was making him think....irrationally."

"Well its a good thing you were there. "Did he tell you what happened?"

"No. Sedative took effect before he could."

"Well that's a shame ill ask him when he wakes up."

He coughed and smiled. "We both shall. I can't let a mystery go unsolved. I'm too addicted to them."

I chuckled at this.

"What?" He asked. "You find my fixation funny?"

"No it's just, 'Sherwinlock'. Sounds an awful lot like Sherlock, as in Sherlock Holmes. And now you're talking about mysteries....."

He chuckled to this a well. "Well it was originally Shirewinlock. As in, the town in Wales."

"Why did you change it?"

"Why not?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Well because......forget it."

"Will do." He answered nonchalantly. Going back as if we didn't have the conversation.

I put my hand over my brow. Why did life hate me today?

• edited December 2016

Edit: [Go talk to Mr.Sherwinlock] - I've had second thoughts. I wouldn't particularly mind if he sedated Riley. That might actually be for the best.

Glad to see another part! It was great! :^D

Casey Miller "Ok, but you have to admit it's nifty." Mary said as we walked to the street. "How is that 'nifty'? You literally just ch

• [Go talk to Mr.Sherwinlock] Riley needs serious help and despite my reservations about sedative man the other choice seems to be ignoring the problem. If a student's doing freaky stuff, then you go tell the teacher!

Casey Miller "Ok, but you have to admit it's nifty." Mary said as we walked to the street. "How is that 'nifty'? You literally just ch

• [Go talk to Mr.Sherwinlock]

Glad to see story back.

• Its still going. It just took a week.

Mathea posted: »

[Go talk to Mr.Sherwinlock] Glad to see story back.

• edited December 2016

[Go talk to Casey]

I know this won't win, but I would like to stay the hell away from that lunatic as much as possible. This part once again proved that he is out of his mind by outright lying to Pierce. I mean, if there would be a chance to tell an actually sane person, like Pierce, about what is going on there, I would do it, but Shitwinlock? No, he did enough already, now he can die in the crossfire of whatever bloodbath he plans to provoke. I don't need him to mess with Valentino as well.

• [Go talk to Mr.Sherwinlock]

I dont trust Sherwinlock but maybe he can help Riley. The other choice would not help her and some help is better than ignoring it all.

• Hey guys. So guys just so you know I have had a bunch of school work lately. Its finally added up so I'm trying to return to the swing of thing. Thank you for your patience once again.

• edited October 2017

Valentino Drake

I needed to talk to Casey but it could wait. Right now making sure my friends are okay was more important. I walked towards the professors who were each kind of doing their own thing. Pierce was looking outside just wishing this trip could finally be over while Sherwinlock was reading some sort of journal he had with him. As I walked up he remained staring at the book like I was not even there.

"Mr. Drake, was is it that concerns you?" he said nonchalantly.

"Well I just came back to Sam and Riley. He's asleep somehow and Riles is....."

"He's asleep because do to his intense pain the boy was suffering. To prevent him for an increase in delirium I had to apply a sedative which do to his stress took over nearly immediately."

"Yeah but Ri-.......Wait you just 'happen' to have a sedative with you?"

The professor rolled his eyes and took a medical kit from his bag. "From this." He said very annoyed.

"But how come I didn't see you bring it with you?"

"It was in my coat pocket." He said going back to his book.

"But why didn't you use it to examine Sam?"

"I didn't need it."

"But........"

"Mister Drake, allow me to say in no uncertain terms that I find your interrogation annoying and somewhat insulting, please go back to your seat and stay there. I do not take kindly to your unnecessary mingling."

"....Fine, I’ll just go."

"To YOUR seat."

"What? but.."

"Stop using the term. Its repetition is both unneeded and frustrating. Just go back to your seat."

I thought about arguing more but clearly this wasn't going anywhere. Now apparently I had to stay in my seat, like this was kinder garden or something. I went back and sat down. At least with Casey I just had to tell her something. Maybe I could have even talked to the professor afterwards. Now I couldn't do anything. I looked back to my phone. It was still on that annoying and depressing rant about COTC 9 from earlier. Guess I would have the time to finish it now.

Bruce De Vries
    Gina was currently sitting at the table waiting for me to finish setting breakfast. Her eyes were darting from left to right from excitement and her face was always filled with joy. I briefly reminded me of how lucky I was to have her with me. She was perfect.

“Here you go sweetheart.” I said giving her an empty bowl of oatmeal.

“Thanks daddy” She said with a kind and beautiful smile.

I was finishing my own plate when Jones decided to join us. He was not even pretending to be cordial.

“We need to talk ‘Doc.’” He said in a brash tone.

“In a minute….im just finishing up.” I replied.

He stared at me for a moment and scratched his beard. “NOW” he said.

I turned from him looked at Gina staring at nothing, her protocol making her think she was eating her something on her empty plate. It was sad really. Maybe I could convince the Commander to test out some ideas I had to make her more …‘lifelike’. I just needed to find some way to spin it. Maybe I could….

Before I could finish the thought a hand grabbed my shoulder. “Doc. I said NOW” he said applying pressure to it. I tried to resist, stand my ground against the man for once. But finally I gave in. I stood up and he dragged me by the coat going all the way to the other side of the house. Then he basically threw me upon the middle of the room, took out a whiskey container from his left shirt pocket and began talking.

“You know this is the big day Doc.” He said taking a sip. “Big day for all of us.”

“I know. You don’t need to throw me around the room like some uncivilized barbarian.”

He stared and took another sip. “So you are aware, then tell me ‘Doc’. Why are you wasting my time?”

I stuttered for a moment. Then I realized what he was talking about. “She needs to keep up the illusion of a normal life. It’s the only way we can make sure her programing will not act out in public with the other children. This whole experiment would be a disaster.”

He chuckled. “You know Doc. I’ve been with you longer than any of those analysts you talk to, longer than any of the squad, longer than the Commander even. And I have to tell you something really important. Just a small little issue I have with your ‘experiment”. He leaned in closer, close enough that I could smell an entire brewery from his filthy mouth and whispered. “I don’t fucking buy it”.

Then he shoved me back, to which I quickly answered the same. Then he grabbed me from the collar and lifted me up.

“You think you can just sit here and live in a dollhouse making the most advanced weapon we have into your ‘perfect little girl’. You spineless fucking freak. If it weren’t for men like me, you would have collapsed at the first breeze that came your way. You are nothing without that little brain of yours. If only we could take it out of your skull”.

Just then a horn erupted into the room. It was the buss. Jones looked to the side as if he could see through walls. Then reluctantly he threw me down and walked off. I stood up and walked to the dining room and got Gina. We were much faster than I expected and before I knew it we were just outside the buss.

A man on the driver’s seat picked up a note pad and checked what appeared to be a list of names. “I can’t believe it. Yer the last ones.” He said with a smile.

A man sitting in the front seat whose voice I quickly recognized as Adam spoke up. “Really? God finally. It seems like it took us two years to get it done. I can believe it’s finally over.”

Another who I guess was Sherwinlock replied. “It’s incredible how hard it was to get it done. Honestly something like this that sounded so simple seemed impossible at one point.”

“Glad to see you missed me guys.” I said out loud.

Sherwinlock took a deep breath. “Hello Bruce”. Adam merely waved his hand.

As I stood there basking in the boredom and slight contempt they clearly had, Gina walked past me and went to talk to her friends. I almost sad to the right in the second row, but then I realized Jones was there so I sat at the opposite end and just stared at my home from the window.

Adam stood up. “Well Gus. Take us to the research base.”

Gus, who I guess was the driver nodded and started up the car. Soon all we left Morsensville entirely and could only see a very large forest.

Nick Archer

I was so tired of this damn ride. So insanely tired. I just tried, tried to ignore him. But you can’t, you really, really, really can’t. He was like that little pebble that gets stuck in your shoe, you can’t walk, talk or even think without it bothering you. First it was talking. Over and over again with the most awful comedy routine a deranged murderous lunatic could come up with. Then he was whistling and my mind keep looking for some message or code the self-destructing bastard would accidentally leave to fill his ego, but there was nothing. Now it was quiet, but just looking at his face made me uncomfortable. He kept looking at us with a deranged smile almost like he was already preforming for some psycho circus.

“Why the hell are you smiling?” I finally asked hoping the answer wouldn’t lead to some long deranged speech.

“Because I’m happy” he said calmly.

“And that would be because?”

“Because” he said coming close enough for Curtis to pull out a shotgun, though it didn’t bother him. “I got another free car ride!!!”

We looked at him dumbfounded. He looked back with another smile. “C’mon it’s great. Private military escort. Top of the line vehicle security. Exclusive access to a top secret government facility. It’s like I Area 51 the lottery.” He finished going into another mad cackle.

I rolled my eyes. “You’re so fucking delusional.” I said under my breath.

“Aren’t we all?” He replied. “You get handed a mad world, you play by mad rules Nicky boy. And if you don’t it’s you who gets played instead.”

“Psycho-logic 101, I guess”. He bursted into laughter again.

Curtis shook his head. “Stop giving him things to talk about”.

“I’m sorry to disappoint you Curt, but we both know Nick’s a giver. I mean isn’t he giving you a hard time? In fact I’d…”
    Suddenly the truck stopped. We arrived.

“Thank God Almighty.” Jason said getting up from his seat.

As he opened up the door I pulled my gun on Sparker as Curtis unlocked his main chain. Then we slowly walked out with him being guarded on both sides. I quick glance at the back let me know Jason also had his gun aimed at him. Yeah, he wasn’t getting away. Not this time. Soon Jeff came out of the building and stepped in.

“I’m glad to see it all went well.” He slowly turned his head to the center of our group. “Sparker.” He said somberly. “It is sad to see this is the road you’ve chosen. Rest assured you will pay for what you have done. Let this isolation give you time to reflect.” He said as he looked down to the ground. “Perhaps it is not too late for you…” He whispered even though he looked like he didn’t notice he had.

“Late? But I thought I was on time….” He answered with a grin. This was the limit for Jason who violently pushed him in front of us.

“Hey, hey” He said raising his cuffs. “This gentleman has just ruffled my coat, I demand immediate satisfaction!”

Yeah I couldn’t take this anymore.

[Push him to the ground]

[Punch Him]

[Hit him with the butt of the tranq gun]

[Shove him into the building]

[Shoot him with the tranq gun]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.