Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• I posted this on a different thread but I think it belongs here too.

So, I think I now know why Mari reminded me so much of Clementine. Because they're practically the same exact model.

enter image description here

...who's idea was it to reuse the model of the MAIN character of the entire game? Was it laziness? Unless it was intentional, which I highly doubt. No wonder Mari doesn't look 10 years old. I for sure didn't believe it.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

I have to be honest: going back and watching this makes me kind of sad. It just feels like that same passion they had during S1 isn't there anymore. You look at a video like this and you can tell that everyone that worked on this really gave it their all. A lot of heart and soul was put into it. Then you look at S3, and it's just not the same. That's not to say there's no heart or even passion behind S3... there definitely is, but it's more like a fading light in the distance-- a lone candle in the dark, slowly being snuffed out by the wind.

The way I see it, I don't think Telltale's lost their magic, per se... they've just lost their way. They went down the wrong path after S1. They just need some course correction, if you ask me.

I still see signs of that passion they had during S1 beneath the surface. It's still there, and it's more prominent in some games than it is others (like Tales). They just need to bring that light shining through the cracks back up to the surface again.

• enter image description here

Deltino posted: »

I have to be honest: going back and watching this makes me kind of sad. It just feels like that same passion they had during S1 isn't there

• I'm convinced that you're exaggerating. Season 1 was not that good. It was good don't get me wrong but it just doesn't seem that good. I think Season 2 and A New Frontier is amazing and better than season 1.

I have to be honest: going back and watching this makes me kind of sad. It just feels like that same passion they had during S1 isn't there

• The following is Kenny without his beard.

Kenny without a beard

Credit to Vivec on the Other The Walking Dead Forum!

• Shit!

He looks that young, I would give him no more than 30 year old.

The following is Kenny without his beard. Credit to Vivec on the Other The Walking Dead Forum!

• handsome squidward

Murmle22 posted: »

Shit! He looks that young, I would give him no more than 30 year old.

The following is Kenny without his beard. Credit to Vivec on the Other The Walking Dead Forum!

• Yeah that option that just too tempting to pass up for me

AgentZ46 posted: »

I can't believe I didn't notice this before, but there's a humorous line of dialogue in ep1. When you reunite with the family and Kate as

• Stud Kenny mode activated

• WHAT A HUNK

• I agree, completely.

I'm surprised they were so worried about S1Ep2, and now it's regarded as the best episode in the series.

• When David comes out in his big reveal, sometimes he'll have a revolver on his holster, sometimes he won't. From what I've seen, I think that the gun stays in the holster if you drop your guns AND get on your knees, but I'm not sure. It's a bit of a pointless detail, since David will always have a gun on his hand.

• Made an edit. Kenny or Kenny impersonator?

• After all these years we see what Kenny really looked like without a powerful stache

(even though its season 3 Kenny, which you know, barely looks like Kenny)

• Some seem to forget that Clementine isn't "the main character."

• Just like how Conrad will kill Gabe and Javi if the timer runs out.

It's nice how they add moments like that that show how silence isn't always a valid option. Walkers and hostiles aren't gonna wait forever for you to make a choice.

I dont remember if this was posted here or not, if it was I'm sorry. If you let the timer runs out when you have to decide if you stay in the junkyard with Clem or leave with your family, Badger will kill Javier.

Some seem to forget that Clementine isn't "the main character."

• the truth

“I'm sorry. I know it sucks.”

Like a fading light in the distance
    A lone candle in the dark slowly...slowly...being snuffed out by the wind
    They've just lost their way
    They went down the wrong path
    Oh, oh, ooooh
    I still see signs of that passion
    Oh, oh, passiooon
    Bring that light shining through the cracks
    Back up to the surface again...

• I actually picked that option.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I can't believe I didn't notice this before, but there's a humorous line of dialogue in ep1. When you reunite with the family and Kate as

“I'm sorry. I know it sucks.”

• A new Frontier isn't finished so I may be jumping the gun but I'm really enjoying it so far. That's all there is to it. Especially since I consider season 1 to be the most overrated game I've ever played.

• edited January 2017

tfw someone says you're not the main character

but then you remember you'll outlive everyone they love

• That comment is

ABigBadWolf posted: »

tfw someone says you're not the main character but then you remember you'll outlive everyone they love

• S2 E5 when the group is sitting by the fire and Luke mentions how he finished college 5 years ago, Clem can say "I liked school." Kenny will then cut in and say "Just a waste of money."

When you ask Jane to come sit with the group by the fire she will sort of turn down the offer, due it it being awkward with Luke. Clem will have the option to choose "We're all adults here." Which then sparks this convo:

Jane: "Are you now?"
    Clem: "You know what I mean. MatUUURE. Whatever" haha
    Jane: "I wish it was that easy"
    Clem "It is. People just love making it harder than it has to be"

• I love the playful dialogue between Clementine and Jane! ^_^

S2 E5 when the group is sitting by the fire and Luke mentions how he finished college 5 years ago, Clem can say "I liked school." Kenny wil

• So these are unused audio clips during Kenny's flashback (Im not super sure if these are indeed unused)

Kenny talking about his driving test: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1C9xCrCGv88

Damn Kenny: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1bIlXS9wwst

Fun fact; Kenny was actually going to try and stop the walkers from killing him instead of going out like a loser

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1QZ3eVpnUOQ

• edited January 2017

Is it me or does he kind of look like Jeffrey dean Morgan without his beard.

• No clue, one thing I really hated about Kenny's death was they dont even say like a real goodbye, its just "okay bye homie" "Yeah okay, bye."

And then the fact that Kenny was just "WELP! I guess there is NO POINT in trying to live at ALL!"

• edited January 2017

The second one isn't unused if you mess up a qte he will say that. Also the third one isn't unused either.

Poogers555 posted: »

So these are unused audio clips during Kenny's flashback (Im not super sure if these are indeed unused) Kenny talking about his driving t

Fun fact; Kenny was actually going to try and stop the walkers from killing him instead of going out like a loser

Actually, that line is still used in the flashback

If you choose the "Don't give up" option, it ends with Kenny throwing Clementine off of him, and trying to wrestle with an incoming walker.

So these are unused audio clips during Kenny's flashback (Im not super sure if these are indeed unused) Kenny talking about his driving t

• She was just trying to warn us of what his season 3 model was going to look like.

• Maybe TNF makers should rewatch that and remind themselves what TWD is.

• Oh, well it appears he does.

Still kinda funny he says that considering he still lets himself get killed.

Fun fact; Kenny was actually going to try and stop the walkers from killing him instead of going out like a loser Actually, that lin

• Oh, yeah there were more Jane lines too. And apparently when Clem went to check the perimeter we would have actually played as her while we checked it out, since there are some unused lines of her talking to AJ about the perimeter. There were also some more unused lines but they are for future episodes so it would be too spoilery to say, haha. That is if they don't completely cut it from the game later on. All I'll hint at is there might be some more flashbacks, and not just Clem and Javy's flashbacks..

• and trying to wrestle with an incoming walker.

Imagines a crippled walker fighting with crippled Kenny in the ultimate cripple fight

I'm terrible.

Fun fact; Kenny was actually going to try and stop the walkers from killing him instead of going out like a loser Actually, that lin

All I'll hint at is there might be some more flashbacks, and not just Clem and Javy's flashbacks

Jane and Luke flashback sex scene

I knew it

Oh, yeah there were more Jane lines too. And apparently when Clem went to check the perimeter we would have actually played as her while we

• Oh, Mari is supposed to be 10?
    yup, that does explain it....

I posted this on a different thread but I think it belongs here too. So, I think I now know why Mari reminded me so much of Clementine.

• Yeah, bro.... or girl-bro...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.