The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• I believe her voice actor described her as "Blasian" (Black + Asian)

What is Clementines race? I've always had the idea that she is Caucasian, veitmanese, and a light skin. Most people say that she is all Afri

• edited January 2017

I doubt there was a hidden file because i feel like I would've heard about it after nearly 3 years.

I feel like the walking dead wiki is written by young children who often put their head canons down as fact.

Hmm, that is weird. My guess is that it was either confirmed by unused files or a dialogue option, or maybe someone mistook Boyd for Bennett.

• how in the hell do I get a hold of taletell support there website wont let me send them a email they wont answer my repeated comments on facebook my kid bought the walking dead season 2 the charcters r all blacked out silhoutes can anybody help me please

• my kid bought the walking dead season 2 the charcters r all blacked out silhoutes can anybody help me please

Have you reinstalled the game?

chaos31469 posted: »

how in the hell do I get a hold of taletell support there website wont let me send them a email they wont answer my repeated comments on fac

• Her parents don't talk like that because they live in Georgia, not all African American have the given accent people expect them to have. Now back to what you were saying about her race. You may be right but I just don't really see any black in her, she may have been adopted. Really I am confused.

Spodes posted: »

Clem's a mixture of African-American and Asian, also given that she grew up with people who don't have that specific African-American dialect, I'd imagine she just talks without any like a white person or someone without an accent.

• You mean Rebecca, Sarita, Sarah, and Nick didn't work as food handlers?

I doubt there was a hidden file because i feel like I would've heard about it after nearly 3 years. I feel like the walking dead wiki is written by young children who often put their head canons down as fact.

• edited February 2017

Or In the Pines, in this instance. And even then, that just seemed like a poor attempt at a joke or maybe even condescension/concern.

EDIT:I love how I apparently missed that last part despite how random it is.

• Pretty sure I read Carver was originally meant to be related to Luke?

Is that a fact? I know there was some speculation, but this is probably the first I'm hearing of it being a legitimate plot point.

• Actually Sarah and Sarita were, but Nick was previously a brain surgeon and Rebecca was a drug dealer.

DabigRG posted: »

You mean Rebecca, Sarita, Sarah, and Nick didn't work as food handlers?

• This reminds me, I could have sworn on my first playthough it said that Nick and luke were related, like cousins or something, and Pete was their uncle.
    But I guess not. Just close friends.

Pretty sure I read Carver was originally meant to be related to Luke? Is that a fact? I know there was some speculation, but this is probably the first I'm hearing of it being a legitimate plot point.

• Season 2 seems really inconsistent on who's in charge of the cabin group.

At first it seems like it's Pete, what with luke being humble before him and calling him "sir". Not to mention he's the oldest.
    Then everyone listens to Carlos like his word is law when he says to lock Clem in the shed, he strides in with an air of confidence and everyone gets out of the way
    Later on, both Bonnie and Carver call Luke the leader.

So... Uh, did the writing staff mix-up notes or what?

• It's possible. I think the best we can guess is that Luke is the field leader but has a lot of respect for reasonable veteran Pete, while Carlos is the unofficial leader due to his medical skills and stern demeanor so everyone sees his advice as carrying a lot of weight. With Pete dead, Luke was forced to take charge as the group traveled for refuge, with Carlos's wisdom being considered on certain matters.

Louche posted: »

Season 2 seems really inconsistent on who's in charge of the cabin group. At first it seems like it's Pete, what with luke being humble

• From what we're told, Alvin would occasionally get his hands dirty at times but his exact role is something that is never made clear.
    Nice touch with Sarah being the princess, btw.

Luke and Pete were the Leaders...Carlos was a man of intellect that needed a firm hand due to violent means to get things done. Poor Alvin

• Yeah, pretty much. He apparently would get his hands dirty in the past, but they never make it clear what his role is.

I don't think he had anything else except protecting his wife and kid.

• That actually sounds like an interesting, if risky job.

Take care of juice boxes.

• I believe that Luke was the de facto leader that people wanted to follow because of his charisma, but Carlos was really the one calling the shots from behind the scenes. Or I suppose they alternated the leadership role along with Pete while he was still alive.

Regardless, I just want to point out that nearly all of the decisions that Luke makes on his own end up being awful ideas.

Season 2 seems really inconsistent on who's in charge of the cabin group. At first it seems like it's Pete, what with luke being humble

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

I don't think they ever really had an appointed 'leader'. They don't exactly seem like the most... organized group out there.

They strike me more as a group of mismatched people just trying to make due.

• Yeah. I expect there to be at least two major factions in the group (one likely more extreme than the other).

Deltino posted: »

I don't think they ever really had an appointed 'leader'. They don't exactly seem like the most... organized group out there. They strike me more as a group of mismatched people just trying to make due.

• What traits/details/whatever did the Season One characters have that each Season Two character had and didn't have?

• Now back to what you were saying about her race. You may be right but I just don't really see any black in her, she may have been adopted. Really I am confused.

Well, I still see it, most notably in her hair, but when you throw that Asian mix in it does make her look more white, but I don't care as she looks great in my opinion, I still love her appearance.
    Here's some example screenshots for a visual, they aren't mine (I save a lot of screenshots here from threads) so some don't have that team Kenny scar:

Her parents don't talk like that because they live in Georgia, not all African American have the given accent people expect them to have. No

• Yea lol in every season she looks a little different, I can see maybe a little African American in her. Mainly I don't see it because of her nose and mouth, also face shape, it's a little bit more narrow than the average asian, and African American person in my opinion, not naming her other smaller nationalitys that may give her the features she has. But either way she is gorgeous with whatever race she has.

Now back to what you were saying about her race. You may be right but I just don't really see any black in her, she may have been adopted. R

Maybe it was a loose cable hanging from the ceiling, and she decided to use it?

Maybe Jane walked in, was like "man, I want to kill myself," then a cable conveniently fell from the ceiling and she was like "alright"

• Sure, let's go with that! I mean, it's not like I like her or anything--the baka!

You lol.

• enter image description here
    What is up with this picture? Is this seriously a family photo?

• How likely is it that AJ will grow to be a sociopath in adult hood?

• I don't know if the series will go on long enough for AJ to be an adult, since there can't be any huge time skips anymore.

Clemenem posted: »

How likely is it that AJ will grow to be a sociopath in adult hood?

• Who would win these fights

Tripp vs Buricko

David vs Randall

Javier vs Luke

Sam Fairbanks vs Becca

Lee vs Javier

Nate vs Badger

Kate vs Lily

Christa vs Eleanor

• Tripp vs Buricko

Hard to tell, but I'd say Buricko purely because of how friggin aggressive he is compared to the distinctly chill Tripp.

David vs Randall

Unless Episode 3 can make a great argument otherwise, Randall. No contest.

Javier vs Luke

Javier. Sorry Luke, old buddy.

Sam Fairbanks vs Becca

Sam, but Becca could have some bite behind that bark.

Lee vs Javier

Javier has youth and athleticism on his side compared to Lee's natural strength as a college professor, so Javi has the advantage.

Nate vs Badger

Hard to say, as both mostly pick on the weak and innocent with guns and backup.

Kate vs Lily

Lily. Military training and Larry's genes would overpower the weed and being David's wife.

Christa vs Eleanor

Not sure since we've seen very little of her.

Clemenem posted: »

Who would win these fights Tripp vs Buricko David vs Randall Javier vs Luke Sam Fairbanks vs Becca Lee vs Javier Nate vs Badger Kate vs Lily Christa vs Eleanor

• Yeah, Nick says they're childhood friends for twenty-sum years and Luke determinately notes that he lost his folks while feeding Clementine.

This reminds me, I could have sworn on my first playthough it said that Nick and luke were related, like cousins or something, and Pete was their uncle. But I guess not. Just close friends.

• Actually, since I have the TV Tropes Character Page booted up, I'll list some things by air and ya'll can agree, disagree, elaborate, or whatever.

• Demeanor
    • Family
    • Job
    • Hobby
    • Skill
    • Flaw

What traits/details/whatever did the Season One characters have that each Season Two character had and didn't have?

• What do you think was the original purpose of Luke's character?

• To build tensions up Kenny and make you choose between them (If you hated Kenny, you'd go for Luke, but if you were team Kenny you'd stay with Kenny). Who knows really, just thinking of a few possibilities as they come.

What do you think was the original purpose of Luke's character?

• Well, beyond that I mean, before Kenny showed up. Cause personally, I think that Kenny vs. Luke Twilight shit was a cheap gimmick born through fan excitement over one choice that somewhat derailed Luke's already kinda bland character.

To build tensions up Kenny and make you choose between them (If you hated Kenny, you'd go for Luke, but if you were team Kenny you'd stay with Kenny). Who knows really, just thinking of a few possibilities as they come.

• Well I guess a more underlying purpose of his character that they probably still would've included was being a moral standpoint with Clementine, he might've even been with Clem to the end if Kenny didn't reappear, but who knows, I'm glad they stopped the whole Cluke thing though.

Well, beyond that I mean, before Kenny showed up. Cause personally, I think that Kenny vs. Luke Twilight shit was a cheap gimmick born through fan excitement over one choice that somewhat derailed Luke's already kinda bland character.

• Would you have preferred if Jane just left and never came back so it could be a Kenny vs Luke type of thing? I don't even want to imagine how bad the Luke model would be considering S3 Kenny/Jane by the way.

• DabigRG posted: »

What do you think was the original purpose of Luke's character?

• That theme, nasty.

Lo and behold, my question was answered a long time ago:

• Probably should save this for dan's old thread, but what exactly could've been done with Nick past Episode 2 in your opinion? I know that's a common trend that most thought about, but I tend to blank in and out on big ideas for it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.