The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• edited January 2017

Repeats

How old are each of the Garcia's?
    When Sarah spots the herd, what happens if you don't tell Mike to get her or help Kenny? Does Clementine have to specifically call her?
    Do you think that having Jane's philosophy be more a result of living as Carver's serf would've been better?

• Repeats

Had things gone down the way they probably should've between Kenny and Luke, who would be on what Team?

How does a thread about fights sound?

Random ass thought here: How does a thread about Counterpart Comparisons(namely, Walking Dead characters compared to those from other shows/games/books) sound to ya'll?

• what happens if you don't tell Mike to get her or help Kenny

Nothing, she just go with others by herself.

DabigRG posted: »

Repeats How old are each of the Garcia's? When Sarah spots the herd, what happens if you don't tell Mike to get her or help Kenny? Does

• Do you think that having Jane's philosophy be more a result of living as Carver's serf would've been better?

Nah, Jane had a uniquely harrowing backstory that explains a lot about her personality and worldview.

Repeats How old are each of the Garcia's? When Sarah spots the herd, what happens if you don't tell Mike to get her or help Kenny? Does

• Uh, no I disagree. It explains why she reacted the way she did in the trailer but it doesn't really explain her philosophy. How exactly does "I killed my sister"="Darwinism is the answer"? Especially given her hypocrisy.

Do you think that having Jane's philosophy be more a result of living as Carver's serf would've been better? Nah, Jane had a uniquely harrowing backstory that explains a lot about her personality and worldview.

• Okay. I was wondering about that.

Murmle22 posted: »

what happens if you don't tell Mike to get her or help Kenny Nothing, she just go with others by herself.

• She uses Darwinism to rationalize her sisters death, to try and escape personal accountability by telling herself that Jaime would never have survived anyways.

Uh, no I disagree. It explains why she reacted the way she did in the trailer but it doesn't really explain her philosophy. How exactly does "I killed my sister"="Darwinism is the answer"? Especially given her hypocrisy.

• Don't talk about fight thread.

• Take care of juice boxes.

What exactly was Alvin's role/place in the group?

• edited January 2017

In the season 1, it's the Stranger who kidnaps Clementine at house, or it's Clem who decides to go at the hotel by herself and the Stranger kidnapped her afterwards ? It's depends of our choices with Clem about her parents ?
    I have a vague remember of a dialogue Clem sayed something like « I'm sorry for escaping » to Lee or it's maybe in season 2 she sayed Lee is dead because she has escaped.
    (Sorry I completed the season 1 and 2 only one time, I don't remember when and what she said exactly, and I don't play in english.)

• Either way is possible, I suppose. Because the hat being left on the ground could've just been for dramatic effect.

In the season 1, it's the Stranger who kidnaps Clementine at house, or it's Clem who decides to go at the hotel by herself and the Stranger

• Okay, Jane or Molly: Which bitch would be going in a ditch?

• Jane.

Okay, Jane or Molly: Which bitch would be going in a ditch?

• Thank you, I prefer to believe Clem did not want to go with the Stranger and it's him kidnapped Clem's at house. I don't want Clem feels guilty. :(

Either way is possible, I suppose. Because the hat being left on the ground could've just been for dramatic effect.

• "I killed him. I was too young and too stupid to do anything right. He died because of me."

Thank you, I prefer to believe Clem did not want to go with the Stranger and it's him kidnapped Clem's at house. I don't want Clem feels guilty.

• That dinner table scene, man...

But yeah, to me this suggests that Clementine basically went off on her own, or at least went off just enough to land in the Stranger's clutches.

"I killed him. I was too young and too stupid to do anything right. He died because of me."

• Pretty much. I hate that they didn't really expand on her feelings about Lee, Omid, and Christa(and eventually Alvin, Sarah, and Luke).

Davissons posted: »

That dinner table scene, man... But yeah, to me this suggests that Clementine basically went off on her own, or at least went off just enough to land in the Stranger's clutches.

• I think I had chosen « The same thing that happens to everyone. » in my game. It's maybe just the choice « I ran away. He died trying to get me back. » I had seen and that I remember. If Clem never said it's her fault in my game, it's ok.

"I killed him. I was too young and too stupid to do anything right. He died because of me."

• What does art history entail and why would it be significant to Luke?

• Okay, serious time here: Is this really real?enter image description here

• Best death choice for Clementine. She becomes a Jill Sandwich. Would you agree?

• Okay, question that requires thorough knowledge of gameplay and cutscene details: In the event that you don't help Luke push the cannon to the gate on the observation deck, does the game over cutscene take Sarah into account?

Also, if you don't make a choice regarding her in the trailer, does it make it clear what happens to Jane?

• Yes, it's real, it's Carver's original model. Just like how Bonnie's original model was fat and tatted up.

Okay, serious time here: Is this really real?

• That's...pretty damn bad. I seriously think they changed that purely because no one could take him seriously if he looked like that. :joy: Rebecca got laid down by THAT?

Yes, it's real, it's Carver's original model. Just like how Bonnie's original model was fat and tatted up.

• At the beginning of the season 2, why Omid and Christa they have not checked the public restroom for Clem ? It's Clem goes alone inside and she must verify by herself if it's safe.
    Why nobody protects and stays at the entrance of the restroom ? Omid and Christa leave Clem alone, and they are too long to come back for Michelle. What would have happened if Clem had been attacked by a walker when she check the restroom, Clem had a pistol but Omid or Christa should have been with her in case if she had a problem.
    For me Omid and Christa are a bad parents.

When I played, I had the feeling that Omid and Christa had don't care about of Clem, and at the campfire I had the feeling that Christa does not like Clem anymore. :\

• It's implied they were having sex in the other bathroom. You raise a good point that they should've at least checked the bathrooms first before splitting up. Another thing I was a little confused about was where Michelle came from in the first place. When she entered the bathroom, it didn't seem like she came in specifically to confront Clementine, as she entered several minutes after she did and her first action was to ease up to the sink and slowly pick up the gun, which implies she didn't actually know what to expect going in and thus making me doubt that she watched them go in because she would've seen the gun in Clementine's hand.

As for that last part, I think they just got careless/cocky and didn't expect Clementine to run into any trouble for whatever reason; though Omid did ease his way in, so it's possible they either heard them talking or he was planning on checking on her to begin with. On Christa's part, that actually is something I think gets overlooked sometimes. While those feelings of betrayal or whatever are definitely still there, she continued to take care of Clementine all that time and didn't seem to actively hold what happened against her, as the first thing we see after the timeskip is her preparing the campfire and giving Clementine some advice on it and what she needs to be able to do in the coming winter and she even goes as far as to keep her existence a secret from the North Carolina Bandits.

At the beginning of the season 2, why Omid and Christa they have not checked the public restroom for Clem ? It's Clem goes alone inside and

• Are there any unused models, textures, or animations worth noting?

• You know... Does Conrad ever actually see Kate? I mean prior to his suggestion of taking Clem hostage?

I don't remember explicitly seeing them in the same shot at all.

• edited January 2017

Thank you. Ok, for the restroom Omid and Christa are stupid, if Omid is died it is only their fault and not that of Clem. About Christa, she is not really bad but with the restroom and the campfire I don't know what to think, why she is like this with Clem.

How Christa looks at the pistol and then how she looks at Clem, it is as if she accused Clem « How she got your weapon. », and how Clem reacts it's like she feels guilty : https://youtu.be/GuEraOPVIxc?t=357.
    At the beginning of the campfire, Clem says « Christa. Talk to me. », Christa is long to give an answer and she says nothing and she only does a sigh, Clem looks disappointed : https://youtu.be/GuEraOPVIxc?t=400. Then how Christa talk to Clem it's not cool. When Clem says « I'm freezing. », the answer of Christa it's like « Really ? It's nothing compared to Wellington. ». When Christa says to Clem she need to know how to do a fire, and if Clem says « Omid wanted to teach me. », the react of Christa : https://i.imgur.com/8Vbh2ba.jpg and at the end if Clem says « I wish Omid was here. » : https://i.imgur.com/fRyv2dk.jpg (the same with the subtitles : https://i.imgur.com/lw81Dsv.jpg). Why Christa don't comfort Clem, Omid is not dead yesterday but 16 months ago, so Christa should not react like this with Clem. :(

It's implied they were having sex in the other bathroom. You raise a good point that they should've at least checked the bathrooms first bef

• Serious question: what became of the remaining cancer group members after Shel's story? We had Clive, Joyce, and determinately Boyd. Boyd and Joyce were very old but Clive was younger and seemed fierce.

• Maybe they abandoned Roman, like Shel and Becca (determinantly) did.

Serious question: what became of the remaining cancer group members after Shel's story? We had Clive, Joyce, and determinately Boyd. Boyd and Joyce were very old but Clive was younger and seemed fierce.

• D-Boy was the leader of the New Frontier.

• edited January 2017

Rashid and Vanessa

Three words. A New Frontier.

Or is that 2 words and 1 letter?

• You can suppress that rule of three words maximum! :p

Rashid and Vanessa Three words. A New Frontier. Or is that 2 words and 1 letter?

• I know.

You can suppress that rule of three words maximum!

• I'm going to ask a moderator to remove this question.

I know.

• I can see Boyd doing that, but Joyce seemed to want the security of the group and Clive seemed on board with Roman all the way.

Maybe they abandoned Roman, like Shel and Becca (determinantly) did.

• Oh, well I think the obvious answer is that she does somewhat hold Clementine responsible for the incident, as if she didn't leave her gun on the sink when she did, Michelle never would've gotten it and Omid wouldn't have gotten killed trying to save her. Consider having to look someone in the face everyday knowing that someone you really cared about is gone because of them--that can't be easy. However, either out of her own motherly patience or respect for Lee/Clementine's feelings, it appears that she's trying not to let it make her too harsh towards Clementine and not doing a very good job of it.

Thank you. Ok, for the restroom Omid and Christa are stupid, if Omid is died it is only their fault and not that of Clem. About Christa, she

• Given that Roman(or at least his model) is seen dead after a fight/deal with the North Carolina Bandits went horribly wrong thanks to Carver's involvement, its possible that they were forced to leave the Pitstop sometime after Shel and Becca escaped and either stuck with Roman until they eventually died or went their own way.

Serious question: what became of the remaining cancer group members after Shel's story? We had Clive, Joyce, and determinately Boyd. Boyd and Joyce were very old but Clive was younger and seemed fierce.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.