The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Yeah, there's a reason I included "which kind of made is sound worse", given the context. I agree people shouldn't put season 3 Clem on any pedestal as a highly regarded character. Clem this season is lacking too much to be awarded that, and has shown no merits/virtues (I mean...she improved shooting accuracy I guess, which is cool...). Anyways, that whole "healthy" talk is a bit weird, because she just murdered Eli, but Clem appears to dislike Gabe's action of drawing a gun on Conrad, even though Gabe at least didn't shoot/kill him (unless you tell him to shoot). So it's a bit of a contradiction on Clem's regard.

I'll say this again, but Jesus Christ, Clem should've never been in this season, and should've been the main character next season where we meet up with Javier (this allows Javier to be a flag pole character and could eventually develop as an older brother for Clem).

I also want to bring this up again, but, Clem looks weird this season...right? Not just my normal list of picking on her model, but the general...feel? She kind of looks like paint, and there's some weird eye glitches, I dunno. I still would've preferred them use the older engine, and season 2 looks the best in my opinion still.

DabigRG posted: »

Yeah, but most people will think of something else in that regard; too many meanings. Your definition has a 2:1 ratio (from urbandictionary)

• Wow, you fuckeup. :lol:

Sparkeagle posted: »

Dang, I let Nick die but misclicked and said nothing for Sarah so she died at the trailer

• Well, one of her parents is apparently adopted, so who knows.

Spodes posted: »

So there has been confirmation from some Telltale staff that Clementine is African-American, and some (notably Melissa) that she's African-A

• Anyways, that whole "healthy" talk is a bit weird, because she just murdered Eli, but Clem appears to dislike Gabe's action of drawing a gun on Conrad, even though Gabe at least didn't shoot/kill him (unless you tell him to shoot). So it's a bit of a contradiction on Clem's regard.

Actually, if anything, I would think that her issue there is actually good, since it means she's aware she went too far and killed a guy doing that herself. Sense--the game can make it every once in a while!
    Naw, but seriously, that is a legitimately neat character moment that is a good example of why I really do like the idea of the two interacting and/or simply being friends, especially once you remember that Clementine never really wanted to have to use guns in the first place; too bad everyone else chooses to focus on the lowest common denominator of such a scene, but what else is new?

I'll say this again, but Jesus Christ, Clem should've never been in this season, and should've been the main character next season where we meet up with Javier (this allows Javier to be a flag pole character and could eventually develop as an older brother for Clem).

Yeah, that likely would've been the better option because everyone has some issue with her involvement.

I also want to bring this up again, but, Clem looks weird this season...right? Not just my normal list of picking on her model, but the general...feel? She kind of looks like paint, and there's some weird eye glitches, I dunno.

Yeah, I noticed that. The game is apparently known to occasionally have glitches like that, both "intentional" and not.

I still would've preferred them use the older engine, and season 2 looks the best in my opinion still.

Agreed.

Yeah, there's a reason I included "which kind of made is sound worse", given the context. I agree people shouldn't put season 3 Clem on any

• That sounds about right, given an interesting modelswap I saw.

Ben was indeed taller

• Naw, but seriously, that is a legitimately neat character moment that is a good example of why I really do like the idea of the two interacting and/or simply being friends, especially once you remember that Clementine never really wanted to have to use guns in the first place; too bad everyone else chooses to focus on the lowest common denominator of such a scene, but what else is new?

Clem didn't want to use guns? I don't recall this, I remember her complaining a bit when she was getting taught by Lee, but understood the importance.

Anyways, that whole "healthy" talk is a bit weird, because she just murdered Eli, but Clem appears to dislike Gabe's action of drawing a gun

• Looking at Ben you could see he was tall, but Mike didn't really catch my attention, I thought he was rather strong than tall.

Ben was indeed taller

• Does anyone get the idea that Nick Breckon probably wasn't too enthused about having to use things like Jane and the Russian Group?

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

when it was somewhat decent

"When it was decent"? Mofo, it ain't ever been decent

Hahaha, oh you're one to talk, getting horny over TWDG. Again, I browsed /b/, when it was somewhat decent. Please, stay on Reddit.

• You don't need to rename the ptable files which is the the lipsync. You used to have to do that for S1 and S2. As to why that change was made? No idea.
    Maybe telltale think our modelswaps are funny and have made it easier for us now.

Any particular reason ANF modelswaps are much better than Season 2 and especially Season 1's?

• Yeah, that's the most likely explanation. :lol: Nice to know about that lipsync thing, though; I've only seen one video that got Ben to move his mouth.

Graysonn posted: »

You don't need to rename the ptable files which is the the lipsync. You used to have to do that for S1 and S2. As to why that change was made? No idea. Maybe telltale think our modelswaps are funny and have made it easier for us now.

• Definitely, the writers before put him in a poor spot for NGB. Still doesn't excuse how bad it is but I can see why it ended up like it did.

Does anyone get the idea that Nick Breckon probably wasn't too enthused about having to use things like Jane and the Russian Group?

• Yes, it was decent compared the influx of 12 year olds that came and started being extreme edgy and "sekret klub" regarding /b/. It used to be interesting at least. Nowadays I just browse /g/, /k/, and a few other miscellaneous boards.

Deltino posted: »

when it was somewhat decent "When it was decent"? Mofo, it ain't ever been decent

• In season 1 episode 2, when Lee confronts the farmers after discovering Mark has been served as dinner, what does he say? I'm specifically referring to where he says something along "Think about it, this is a X (dairy farm?) not a Y!" or something along those lines. Can anyone confirm what he said specifically?

• Lee says that it is a dairy farm and not a ranch, implying that it is strange that they're being served BBQ meat

In season 1 episode 2, when Lee confronts the farmers after discovering Mark has been served as dinner, what does he say? I'm specifically r

• Well, it is possible that she could still be Black/Asian while also having a step parent. I don't think her father not being her biological father disqualifies that honestly.

So there has been confirmation from some Telltale staff that Clementine is African-American, and some (notably Melissa) that she's African-A

• Couldn't she be technically part Asian regardless? As in a previous family member was Asian/part Asian, and that gets passed down? I dunno, Clem just looks part Asian to me, and Melissa says she's African-American/Asian as well, so I'm inclined to believe that. I also don't know what people are referring to with the "step-father" thing, I just recall there being a Reddit post from a developer or staff that made people question if Ed was her farther or not.

Well, it is possible that she could still be Black/Asian while also having a step parent. I don't think her father not being her biological father disqualifies that honestly.

• Ah okay, thanks, forgot what the last part of that quote was. Since dairies are milk based primarily, and ranches are meat based (primarily).

Lee says that it is a dairy farm and not a ranch, implying that it is strange that they're being served BBQ meat

• Am I the only one who can see Clem hooking up with Carl from the comics? Makes more sense than Gabe and Clem...

• I think that actually exists.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Am I the only one who can see Clem hooking up with Carl from the comics? Makes more sense than Gabe and Clem...

• You know what makes it even better is the fact that someone asked Sean Vanaman about it and he apparently said from what he can vaguely recall, it was Diana who was the step-parent.

Couldn't she be technically part Asian regardless? As in a previous family member was Asian/part Asian, and that gets passed down? I dunno,

• So...one either Ed or Diana is the step-parent? That's kind of awkward if proven canon, at least in Clem's regard.

You know what makes it even better is the fact that someone asked Sean Vanaman about it and he apparently said from what he can vaguely recall, it was Diana who was the step-parent.

• Yeah I totally see two people that have never met (one is already in a relationship) hooking up that makes a fuckton of sense

Am I the only one who can see Clem hooking up with Carl from the comics? Makes more sense than Gabe and Clem...

• Hell no, Carl is a bitch, and so is Gabe. Plus Clem is probably far from wanting a relationship at all considering her unusual circumstances growing up in life and all of the tragedy she's experienced from close friends dying. If Telltale puts Clem in a relationship, hollllllly shit I'm done with this series (kind of already with season 3, but I'm hoping they'll fix Clem's character and other issues within the season).

• edited April 2017

[removed]

dan290786 posted: »

Why are you going round trying to cause arguments with people?

• edited April 2017

oh Max, max, max...

I thought better of you. I really did.

Deltino posted: »

when it was somewhat decent "When it was decent"? Mofo, it ain't ever been decent

• You don't have to speak to me, then. You can bugger off.

Good god, people complained about playing as clem during season 2. Now it's the opposite. Make up your goddamn minds, people. Well,

• You. You seem to be picking fights with everyone and if you keep doing so you will banned. Giving you a heads up

• Plus Clem is probably far from wanting a relationship at all considering her unusual circumstances growing up in life and all of the tragedy she's experienced from close friends dying

I would argue the opposite.

I think the fact that she takes the time to meticulously primp and adjust her looks in a post-ravaged world of desolate horrors the likes would leave many more concerned with basic survival needs rather than ironing their hair just right or finding the fleek new fall fashion catalogue shows that she is either desperate for any male attention or just the product of oversight on the writers' part.

In any regard, Clem and Gabe are perfect for each other. They're both boring, flat, and transparent caricatures.

Hell no, Carl is a bitch, and so is Gabe. Plus Clem is probably far from wanting a relationship at all considering her unusual circumstances

• Why is Shiva so popular? People seem like they admire him/her and I have no idea why

• How tf is Carl a bitch 10000x more badass than Clementine

Hell no, Carl is a bitch, and so is Gabe. Plus Clem is probably far from wanting a relationship at all considering her unusual circumstances

• Clementine is the best, all right :^) (except in season 3).

How tf is Carl a bitch 10000x more badass than Clementine

• Yeah she was pretty awesome for first two seasons but she's so forced and annoying in s3

Clementine is the best, all right :^) (except in season 3).

• edited April 2017

Clem's aesthetic (and awkward model design) in season 3 is 100% the writers trying to make her """badass""", which ends up making me (and several others) cringe instead, but even with how much I dislike Clem in season 3 as a character (seasons 1 and 2 Clem will always be separated from this season in my opinion), I still couldn't imagine her being a relationship while she regards it as "gross" still. But, then again, your profile picture is about romance, and you may be one of those people that want to see a 13 (or less in some seasons) year old get in a relationship, I hope not. I'll just take your post as a joke though, but I've seen people who actually say what you've said without joking, so I don't know anymore.

Plus Clem is probably far from wanting a relationship at all considering her unusual circumstances growing up in life and all of the tragedy

• My profile pic is indeed about romance... Between two fairly well developed adult characters who are treated with a large amount of respect within the games they star in by the writers.

And, my sarcasm is so strong many can't tell... But it is sarcasm.

Clem's aesthetic (and awkward model design) in season 3 is 100% the writers trying to make her """badass""", which ends up making me (and se

• Mhmm, season 3 Clem was shoehorned into the game, and I would've preferred they just not include her, but make her the main character in season 4 that meets up with Javier later, in which Javier eventually becomes an older brother figure (much like Lee as a surrogate father and Kenny as an uncle).

Yeah she was pretty awesome for first two seasons but she's so forced and annoying in s3

• Okay good, it sounded like sarcasm, but you wouldn't believe the shit I've seen when "those" people are serious.

My profile pic is indeed about romance... Between two fairly well developed adult characters who are treated with a large amount of respect

• Because it's a freakin' tiger!

hesif posted: »

Why is Shiva so popular? People seem like they admire him/her and I have no idea why

• edited April 2017

Im assuming most people think I'm talking about TV show Carl but in reality I'm talking about current comic Carl. In the comics he really redeems himself more than his father sometimes. Just my opinion, but him and Clem are very similar which is why I would be interested of the two interacted if Carl was brought in the game if Jesus comes back.

Mhmm, season 3 Clem was shoehorned into the game, and I would've preferred they just not include her, but make her the main character in sea

• I know, right? It sounds like a potentially interesting idea but runs into that issue where you retcon and/or mess with the sanctity of something so many people understandably hold to a high standard. That's apparently how some people felt about the backstory stuff in LoK that involves characters from AtLA, though I personally didn't mind it.

So...one either Ed or Diana is the step-parent? That's kind of awkward if proven canon, at least in Clem's regard.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.