The Path of Honour: An Interactive Story

Comments

• [Caoki] [Sibas] ****["Yes, I will"]

Making Deals and a Taste of Battle Part III “We take him with us.” Tobor said firmly. “Jyro doesn’t deserve slavery and though the jour

• [Caoki] [Sibas] [Armond]
    [''No I can't'']

Making Deals and a Taste of Battle Part III “We take him with us.” Tobor said firmly. “Jyro doesn’t deserve slavery and though the jour

• Voting is closed!

Tobor will bring [Sibas],[Caoki] and [Miro]

The votes, when tallied up, were as such:
    Sibas-6
    Caoki-5
    Armond and Miro-3
    Faahiro-2
    Tygren-1

I flipped a coin between Armond and Miro since they were tied and tails came up, meaning Miro would be joining Tobor, Sibas and Caoki.

I like this group, they are the OGs of the prison break and we know Tobor can trust them, that’s not to say the other options were untrustworthy but Tobor doesn’t know them as well.

On another note, I can only apologise for the longer timespan between these two parts. I’ve had to go through a bit of a major re-write for the next couple instalments of the story, so I’m afraid my promise of quicker parts has kinda gone down the drain. At the end of the day, I suppose I can only defend myself with the fact that I believe the story in general will be better as a result of the re-write. I just wasn’t happy with what I had written and how the story progressed, so I metaphorically screwed up the bit of paper and tossed it over my shoulder.

I’ve been hard at work trying to get it right, I’m currently half way through and I hope to have it done by tonight. If not, then it will be tomorrow.

• Making Deals and a Taste of Battle
    Part IV

The sun hadn’t quite risen fully in the sky, it’s golden rays casting a shimmer over the hills. A mirage had settled over the dry, hot sandy land that surrounded the city of Meereen. Tobor was sweating heavily and wiped his damp brow with his wrist, then pushed his long, straggling hair out of his eyes. Sighing, he made a mental note to get rid of the mess atop his head. His hair had been left to grow wild ever since he’d left Oldtown and it fell down to his shoulders now.

“Back already.” Caoki said gruffly, scanning his dark eyes over the walls around him. He clearly hadn’t wanted to see Meereen again so soon. Tobor nodded guiltily. “We won’t be here long.” He assured the Dothraki, who grunted in response.

Miro took a long draught from the skin of water and passed it to Sibas who gratefully accepted. Tobor was nervous. In the current circumstances, Meereen would be on high alert after several slaves escaping and an attack the previous night.

Tobor still wasn’t quite sure how they’d managed to make it back into Meereen. A rope over the wall, a small bribe to a guard and that had been it, it felt almost too easy. None of them had wanted to risk the main gate.

The four of them were making their way through the streets of Meereen towards where Miro had said Mina’s house would be. Tobor’s aim was simple. Find Mina. He didn’t want to think about what might have happened but unfortunately, Tobor couldn’t stop his mind from going there.

To help, Tobor would try to talk to his comrades, but conversation was short and to the point, nobody was calm enough to act casual save for Caoki. Most of the Dothraki’s words were monosyllabic and sentences were concise. Not a talker, Tobor thought.

There had been several close calls with city guards almost seeing or catching them, but they had survived thus far. Tobor felt like this was the new normal, sneaking around the city of Meereen. He couldn’t wait to leave this place, hopefully for the last time, he thought bitterly.

“Tobor, I wanted to talk to you.” Miro said, from behind him. Tobor turned to face his friend, “What’s wrong?” Tobor asked. Miro looked a bit hesitant. “I hope you will not be angry with me.” He said nervously.

Tobor looked around a corner and when he saw no guards he turned back to Miro. “Why would I be, Miro? You’ve always been my most trustworthy friend.” He reassured the Naathi boy.

Miro’s apprehension, however, did not subside. “I hope you will not be angry because I wish to leave.” He said tensely. Tobor frowned in confusion, “What do you mean? Leave Meereen?” He asked.

Miro shook his head, “No, no, I will not leave you in Meereen. I wish to leave and return to the Isle of Naath.” He said, awaiting Tobor’s response with baited breath. Tobor smiled sadly, “I am not angry, Miro. I knew you’d want to return soon enough. I understand.”

Miro broke out into a huge grin. “This makes me very happy!” He exclaimed, prompting a hiss for him to shut up from Caoki. “I have asked Shiko to join with me and return to Naath. She will be meet me at the docks in a couple hours.”

Tobor smiled too, “That’s good. A sellsword camp isn’t the place for you two. I hope you have much happiness in Naath.” He said warmly. Miro nodded, “I do, too.”

Sibas tapped Tobor. “Not that I meant to eavesdrop, but couldn’t we use this?” He asked Tobor, who was instantly confused. “What in Seven hells are you talking about?” Tobor asked. Sibas rolled his eyes, “For Ben. You said you’d lie for us. We could just tell Ben we were taking Miro to the docks. Sure, he’ll be angry at us for leaving without permission. But I think this is better than saying we broke back into Meereen, the place where there’s a prick trying to kill you.”

Tobor nodded, scratching his cheek while he thought about it. “I suppose that’s fair enough.” He mused. Sibas chuckled, “Bloody too right it is. I’m not getting dragged down with you.” He said, half joking.

“We are here.” Miro announced. Tobor’s heart leapt in his chest, with the conversation he hadn’t even noticed they were approaching an area of Meereen he knew slightly better than the rest.

Tobor looked at Mina’s house. The door hung open, loosely on it’s hinges. It had clearly been kicked in. Tobor’s heart was in his throat, beating furiously. ‘Weapons out.’ He tried to say, but the words fell to the ground, silent.

Tobor drew his arakh and motioned for the others to follow suit, which they did. Tobor approached the door and with the point of his blade, pushed the door inwards. With an unnatural creak, the door jerkily swung open. Revealing a sight that chilled Tobor’s bones.

Chairs had been thrown across the darkened room, broken and in pieces on the floor. Pots and pans littered the floor as if flung about the place. There was a huge crack in the table as if someone had been thrown onto it, the two halves now rested against each other and there was a smear of blood on the surface.

But none of this turned Tobor’s stomach as much as what lay in the middle. A corpse was spread-eagled and face down on the floor, a pool of dried blood around his head. The smell of death hung in the room.

Miro gripped the handle of his short-sword harder, almost shaking. He had gone pale. Sibas strode into the room confidently and rolled the body over. A vaguely familiar face stared up at the ceiling and Tobor struggled to think about where he had seen it before.

“Throat slit.” Sibas said sharply. Motioning with the point of his sword to the man’s throat. His neck opened up like a book, slit from ear to ear and oozing sticky blood. Miro turned away at this point, suddenly inspecting a broken chair leg.

Tobor’s hand was slick with sweat and the leather wrapped about the arakh was slippy. A cold chill was wracking his body and Tobor felt sick with worry. “They attacked.” He said simply.

Sibas frowned, “I don’t think it looks like an attack.” He said. Tobor looked at him, “What do you mean? Shit’s broken, blood everywhere and there’s a corpse on the fucking floor.” He exclaimed.

Tobor looked once more at the dead man, trying to place his face. Was he one of the hooded man’s group? Had he attacked the arena and that’s where Tobor recognised him from?

Sibas shook his head, “It may look like it, but this mess is from searching, ransacking. You can tell by the way everything’s been thrown. They were looking for stuff, or something.” He explained. “Just look at the shelves, those pans and shit didn’t fall off in a fight.”

Tobor wouldn’t listen, “There’s blood on the table, on the floor.” He protested weakly. Sibas sighed, “I’m not saying nobody died, but it wasn’t a fight. That was an execution.” He said, pointing to the corpse.

Caoki spoke up, surprising everyone by breaking his usual silence. “How much longer will you stay, Arghurys? We do not have time to wait to be found.”

As if on cue. The door opened once more, violently this time. The four of them sprang into action, their weapons poised to strike. A figure was silhouetted against the morning light. Tobor’s stomach jumped as he thought it could be Mina.

These idealistic thoughts were shattered however, when the figure turned on their heel and ran. “Get him!” Caoki snarled. Sibas and Tobor shot out of the door and saw the figure vanish into an alley.

The two boys sprinted down the street to follow, racing after the figure. Tobor was too focussed on the chase to think about who it could be. Tobor jumped over clay pots ready to be taken to the morning market, and evaded people in the way to a chorus of Low Valyrian curses.

Sibas was right behind him, Tobor could hear his heavy footsteps. As they rounded a corner, Tobor felt like a bull had run into his stomach. A sharp, intense pain cascaded around his abdomen and Tobor fell down like a sack of flour.

Tobor clutched his chest, gasping empty breaths and trying to breath. Tobor felt like there was a plug in his chest, stopping him from taking air in. He looked up and could see Sibas wrestling with someone.

Tobor rolled over, his breath was returning slowly but the pain seemed like it was there to stay. Tobor stood up and saw Sibas lay on the floor, holding a man in a chokehold who was struggling to release himself.

“Knock. Him. Out.” Sibas grunted. Tobor raised his leg and stamped down hard, his foot connection with the man’s skull with a thud. The man instantly went limp. Sibas let him go and breathed with a sigh of relief.

“Nice job there, Arthur Dayne.” Sibas mocked. Tobor swore at him, “It wasn’t my fault I couldn’t fight, I was first. He surprised me.” He complained, looking down and seeing a metal bar on the floor, presumably what the man had hit Tobor with.

“Need to be quicker next time.” Sibas teased. Tobor stuck up his middle finger and shook his head. “Come on, help me bring him back.”

As Tobor’s heart rate slowed, the pain grew even worse. Tobor’s stomach felt like it was on fire. Carrying a full-grown man didn’t help either. The man weighed as much as a horse and smelled like one too. Eventually, Sibas and Tobor lugged the unconscious man back to where Miro and Caoki were waiting anxiously, or rather Miro was. Caoki was sat down resting.

The man was dumped onto the only unbroken chair and bound tightly, for when he woke up. When he eventually did, Tobor would be having words with him.

“He dropped this when he ran.” Miro told Tobor and handed him a flint and steel. “He wanted to burn it down.” Miro said.

Tobor sat in front of the man, they were running out of time. They had been away from camp too long. Morning had fully set in now and Ben would be waking the others up soon. Or perhaps he had already found them missing.

Throwing a mug of water in the face of the unconscious man hadn’t worked this time, nor had it worked the last five times. Tobor had taken to prodding him with the hilt of his arakh, trying to wake him up.

Minutes passed until finally, he showed signs of stirring. The man had a stubbled chin and cheeks, long brown hair and several scars covering his face and bare arms. He opened his eyes groggily and immediately started struggling against his bonds.

“What the… let me the hell out of these.” He demanded. Tobor shook his head. “You aren’t in a position for me to let you have a favour. My stomach still hurts.” He said dryly. The man laughed. “Yeah? Well let me have another go and you’ll find a knife stuck in it.” He snarled.

Tobor sighed, “I’d have a think about my position if I were you.” He suggested. “You’re in a room where my friend used to live and I’ve come here to find a dead body, the place destroyed and then you show up ready to burn it down. Now, I’ve not had a very good few months. I’m not in a great mood, so if you want to test me. Go ahead. I always wanted to know whether a man screams more if I chop his balls or his cock off.”

The man was clearly taken aback by this. Tobor’s young face had distracted him. “Balls.” Caoki called out. “Always balls.”

The man’s brave façade faltered for a moment, but he went back to a sneer soon enough. “I should have known you were one of them.” He mocked. Tobor hadn’t been lying about his mood and snapped, he whipped his arakh up and brought it sideways in a huge arc ready to sink it into the fleshy part of the man’s neck.

“Were you testing me?” Tobor asked softly, holding the arakh deadly still where he had stopped it, less than an inch away from the man’s neck. The man quivered and shook his head, recovering from flinching.

“So, tell me who you are. Tell me why you’re here. Tell me what happened here. Now.” Tobor ordered.

The man hesitated.

Tobor sighed and moved the arakh to touch the man’s neck. He almost recoiled from the cold steel. “My friend there, the Dothraki. I know that he once tortured a man so long that he killed himself with a chain rather than suffer for another day. I’ve been told he used only a knife to do it. If you don’t answer my questions, you’ll just be another story I tell cunts like you to make you talk.”

The man’s eyes flickered to Caoki but he remained silent.

Tobor stood up sharply, enjoying the way the man twitched at the sudden movement.

“Very well.” Tobor said.

[Break his Arm] [Break his Nose] [Threaten him]

• [Threaten him]

Making Deals and a Taste of Battle Part IV The sun hadn’t quite risen fully in the sky, it’s golden rays casting a shimmer over the hil

• The closer we get to Tobor learning, the more I realize how hard it is for me to forgive him. He gets points the rougher he is towards these monsters and I can at least connect to him on a rather grim level, but there is always this sour taste and I don't know how long it'll take for me to forgive him. Probably when he stands neck-deep in corpses belonging to the hooded man's group and his friends, family and associates. That'd at least be a start. That being said, while we don't know much about him, I can already tell I'm going to like Caoki. Seems like exactly the sort of person willing to go through with any revenge scheme I desire. Just whom Tobor needs by his side in the things to come. It is time to pick off these bastards and make them pay, one by one and very slowly.

[Break his Arm]

Honestly, I would like to start this interrogation by cutting off his arm before even asking any question at all, anything less won't suffice, not after how utterly I hate the hooded man and his degenerate thugs. And I surely hope this won't end with just some broken bones for this monster. I want him to suffer so much that he curses his own mother for giving birth to him. Same goes for every single person in the hooded man's group, be they current, former or future members and it's quite possible that even then, I'd still want to go after their loved ones before I call it sufficient payback. This guy right there, he had no restraints when they murdered Mina and Grezhan. He doesn't deserve any restraints in return and I really mean absolutely no restraints at all. Break his bones, cut him to pieces until he talks, then continue until he'll never talk again. Breaking his arm sounds like the most painful start, so it is, by default, the best thing to do in order to avenge Mina. And honestly, that's what I am going to do with every single choice connected to this.

Making Deals and a Taste of Battle Part IV The sun hadn’t quite risen fully in the sky, it’s golden rays casting a shimmer over the hil

• [Break his Arm] More threats with nothing to back them up will make Tobor seem like he doesn't mean what he says and this guy will say nothing.

I like that little line that says Tobor is enjoying this. He's getting darker! It's happening slowly but I can tell it's happening.

• [Break his Arm]

• [Break his Arm]

• [Break his Arm]

• [Threaten him]

• I, of course, understand. I just hope Tobor does enough one day to let you forgive him. I also hope it’s not a spoiler to say he’s only just getting started. He’s pretty violent with them already, and that’s without finding out about Mina.

I too really like Caoki, just from what I’ve written about him so far. I’m not ashamed to say I had a little chuckle while writing the “Balls. Always balls.” Line. Just imagining from Caoki’s point of view that he’s already tested which makes a man scream more made me laugh a bit, despite the darker tone of the scene.

Let’s just say that this guy doesn’t have a very bright future. Tobor will see to that.

The closer we get to Tobor learning, the more I realize how hard it is for me to forgive him. He gets points the rougher he is towards these

• I did think you’d enjoy seeing Tobor go a little darker. It seems every time something like this happens he slips a little further over the edge than the time before. I know you like that sort of story line for a protagonist!

AgentZ46 posted: »

[Break his Arm] More threats with nothing to back them up will make Tobor seem like he doesn't mean what he says and this guy will say nothi

• Voting is closed!

Tobor will [Break his Arm]

Seems this man will not be in for a good time with Tobor, I don’t think he’ll be a happy chap. Next part, as I think you’ll all be able to guess, will have Tobor “having the talk” with the hooded man’s guy. And by having the talk I mean brutal interrogation.

I’ll be writing it over the next few days, I’m sorry for the wait as I’ve been on holiday and like a fool I didn’t bring my laptop with me.

Part V

Looking at Caoki, Tobor smiled cruelly. “Caoki, come here please.” He said sweetly. The Dothraki stood and strode towards them, his huge boots thudding on the wooden floor. The man in the chair was visibly shaken by the size of the man and was hiding his flinches as best he could.

Tobor stood behind the man’s chair. “I wouldn’t worry about him.” He told the man, laying his hands on his shoulders and squeezing gently. “Whatever he could do to you, I swear to you, would be feel like the touch of a woman compared to what I will do to get the information I need.” Tobor warned.

After no forthcoming response, Tobor continued. “Just tell me the truth about what happened here. Then we can move on from this mishap.” He said. The man laughed nervously, “Move on? Ha. You know who I work for. There’s more chance of the Mad King ruling once more than you just letting me go. My name has been marked for death, regardless what I do or don’t tell you.” He smirked.

Tobor shrugged, “You’re right. You will die today. But it’s up to you whether you die with my arakh through your heart, or whether you die screaming with half as many fingers and limbs as you began.” He said matter-of-factly.

The man went to respond but Tobor spoke loudly, “Since our friend here isn’t co-operating. Caoki, would you help me out and hold his arm for me?” He asked the Dothraki, who grinned and confirmed he would.

“Hold my arm?” The man asked, his voice quivering slightly betraying his fear. Tobor ignored him and unsheathing his arakh he cut through one side of the bindings that held the man’s right hand. “My blade is inches from the back of your neck. Try anything and you’ll be tasting your own blood.”

Caoki grabbed the man’s wrist and held the arm straight and tightly, wedged between his meaty arms and his shoulder. “W-what are you going to do?” The man asked, his voice breaking, as he struggled against the Dothraki’s grip. “Don’t cut my arm off, you bastard!” He shouted more forcefully.

Tobor turned to Miro. “Gag him. His screams will be loud.” He said coldly. Miro watched, wide-eyed, and took a moment to process what Tobor had said. Leaping back, he cut a strip of fabric from a blanket and stuffed it into the man’s mouth. As the gag went in the man was screaming obscenities. “Your mother was a fucking whore! The stories I’ve been told of you are true, you are just as cowardly as they claimed. Craven!” He told Tobor.

Tobor calmly ignored the words, for words are wind. He turned to Caoki. “Hold him tight.” He said. Tobor looked down at the man before him, it was pitiful; watching him struggle weakly against his bindings and the iron grip Caoki had on him. He twisted his neck around, gazing up and Tobor desperately, pleading with his frantic eyes.

Tobor looked away from the eyes and down at the outstretched arm of the man. Slowly and deliberately Tobor put down his arakh, then straightened up stood tall. In his mind he envisioned what would happen in the seconds to come. His heart beat at a normal pace. Tobor felt indifferent.

Tobor lifted his right leg and with all the force he could muster, brought it in a kicking motion with the flat of his foot facing forward.

The bottom of his boot collided heavily with the man’s elbow. The hold that Caoki had and the force of Tobor’s kick combined to cause a leverage that snapped the man’s arm like a dry twig. As the man’s elbow was pushed forward, bones crunched and ligaments stretched with a sickening crack.

A muffled scream slipped through the gag as the man looked down at his malformed arm. He strained against the rope that bound him to the chair, legs trying to kick out to cope with the pain. Tears streamed down his cheeks and fell to the floor.

Tobor watched.

“Bind his arm.” Tobor told Caoki. The Dothraki didn’t bat an eyelid and grasped the limp limb, prompting another bout of cries of pain as it was pushed into place and fastened to the chair once more.

Tobor picked up his arakh and stepped in front of the man, crouching down. “I’m going to take this gag out and ask you some questions. If I do, will you answer them or do I have to try something else?” He asked.

The man looked at Tobor with red eyes. He attempted a defiant look. Tobor took the response as a yes and pulled the gag out, glistening with saliva and blood from where the man had bit his own tongue.

“Who are you? What happened here? Who do you work for? That’s all I need to…” Tobor had begun to say but was interrupted by a gob of blood and spit that had hit his face. Tobor wiped it off with his tunic and smiled wryly. “The arm wasn’t enough?” He asked.

The man glared back at him, the fear in his eyes growing as defiance faded. “Fuck. You.” He said, his voice hoarse and wracked with pain.

In one motion, Tobor knelt down on one knee and brought the arakh sailing in a sideways arc towards the chair. The blade sank into and through the chair leg, sending the chair tilting over and sprawled onto the floor. Three finger tips fell to the floor.

The man sobbed in pain and writhed as much as one could while tied to a chair. Tobor’s arakh strike had cut through the man’s fingers and through the chair leg.

“You fucking bastard!” The man cried. “I’m not telling you shit. Just… Just kill me!” He ordered, with some force.

Tobor used the arakh to cup the man’s cheek and point his face towards Tobor’s own. “You will not die until I have what I need. Answers. “Who are you? What happened here? Who do you work for?”

The arakh blade had wiped some of the man’s own blood onto his cheek. Looking up at Tobor, the man stayed silent.

“Very well. Let me ask you this. You are Westerosi. Have you heard of the studies that Maester Viricule carried out? No? I myself was forced to study this by my own Maester at Oldtown and do you know what I learnt?” He asked.

The man shook his head slowly and cried out in pain as he moved his broken arm. Tobor continued. “Nothing. Well, nothing much. Most of what he wrote and studied was useless; Animal habits, mothering tendencies, how animals acted when in danger or when content. Those sorts of things. I found all of this rather boring. Until I read one passage that was fascinating and horrifying.

“One week, the Maester Viricule had stumbled upon a hound in the woods. It had been part of a hunting party and sure enough the party had downed some beast. From the wounds the hound had suffered the animal in question had to have been a boar. It’s stomach had been punctured and was bleeding out, whimpering in pain.

“The party may have missed it or just left the hound to die. But it hadn’t died yet. Interested in what may happen, the Maester decided to watch and make notes. And the interesting part, the reason I tell you all this: The hound took over seven hours to perish.

“Seven hours, lying in the dirt and leaves, bleeding out. Can you imagine that? In any case once the hound died the Maester was intrigued. What had caused a fatal wound like that to take so long.

“Viricule spent months experimenting on all manners of beasts, seeing what killed them, what didn’t, and how long it took. And do you know what all that came to?” Tobor asked the man.

“This.” Tobor said, placing his arakh on the man’s stomach. “This is the spot, where if I sink my blade a certain distance in then you will be in severe agony for approximately four hours before you lose consciousness and you will die. If I move it one inch to the left, you would die in seconds as I cut one of your major veins. Where I cut very much depends on the next words from your mouth.” Tobor applied a little pressure onto the arakh and the man whimpered.

“Alright, I’ll tell you.” He moaned as he tried to move away from the point of the arakkh.

Tobor kept the blade where it was. “Who are you? What happened here? Who do you work for?” He repeated. The man sighed a shuddery breath. “My name is Halder, where I’m from makes no matter. I was recruited in an Inn by a man who promised me riches and glory by finding and killing you.” He spat the word ‘you’ like spoiled food.

Tobor nodded, “Continue.” He ordered. “Who is the man you work for? A name, where he’s from, anything.” The man shook his head. “I don’t know, I swear. I met him in the Reach but that doesn’t mean he’s from there. You have to believe me.” He said weakly.

Tobor pressed a little harder with the blade. “I don’t believe you.” He snarled softly. “Tell me his name.” The man struggled and sobbed as he moved his arm again. “I never knew!” He cried. “That man’s an expert, why would he tell everyone his name?” He wailed desperately.

Still stood up, Tobor stepped on the man’s finger stubs and pressed down hard, a little more blood oozing out. The man screamed again.

Caoki spoke, “Arghurys. What the screamer says sounds true. A coward such as the one who hunts you would not tell his name to all. He would hide behind shadows.” The Dothraki advised.

Tobor took his foot from the man’s hand, “Or a hood.” He said, rolling his eyes. Halder moaned and let his head fall to the ground, weary from the pain. “We aren’t done with you yet.” Tobor reminded him. “What happened here?” He asked, dreading the answer.

“What can I tell you, that you don’t already know?” Halder asked feebly. Tobor looked down at him warningly, “Answer the question.” He said curtly. Halder sighed, his breath faltering. “We captured a girl. One who was connected to you. We were told you had been here, and that you may have told her where to find you.

“We got here and surprised her, tied her up. Then her fuckwit, drunken brother came in and attacked us. He was overcome and then his throat was slit. That’s him there, on the floor.” Halder motioned to the corpse. Tobor let out a breath when he remembered where he had seen the body’s face before. The auction day when he’d first arrived in Meereen and had ran away.

Tobor had bumped into Mina that day and she had cut his bindings, but there had been someone else there. A man, large, with a previously broken nose. Tobor hadn’t thought of him since that day, but it was clear as day now, that he had been Mina’s brother.

“Carry on.” Tobor said through gritted teeth. Halder continued with a shaky breath. “We found out where you were and a handful of our men were sent to kill you. I stayed with another to guard her. The others came back, you had escaped but Hood seemed confident we’d get you. Then he told us to kill the girl.” The man said nastily.

Tobor’s heart was in his throat, he didn’t want to listen anymore, but he knew he had to. He had come this far to find out what had happened to Mina. She had done so much for him, he owed it to her to find out. “Tell me what happened.” Tobor said, his voice almost breaking.

Halder must have heard or sensed Tobor’s moment of weakness, for he pounced and yelled at Tobor through his own pain. “I took her outside and watched as my friend cut her whore throat with her own knife. Then her body went into the fucking Skahazadan!” Halder finished and looked up at Tobor breathing heavily.

Tobor had been hit with an anvil. His head swam with emotions he didn’t even know what to call. He didn’t know how to think. The words in his head had been replaced with colours. Mina, gone. Was it because of him? He thought. It was. It can’t have been. It must have been.

Nothing made sense anymore. Just a day ago Tobor had been fighting alongside Amaya and Bradon. Then he’d escaped, met Sibas and the others, met Mina and joined the second sons.

Now, Amaya had left, Bradon was dead, two of Sibas’ friends were dead, Jyro was close to it and now Mina? Tobor couldn’t begin to even comprehend his guilt and anger, he just felt empty. As if he was an untouched piece of parchment. As if he was a still ocean. As if he were dead too.

Tobor felt a tear leak from his eye. But he wasn’t sure why. He didn’t feel sad, not yet anyway. He felt it roll down his cheek and hang onto his chin for a moment before dropping to the floor.

The tear hit the floor with a clatter, the sound of metal. Tobor looked down and saw his arakh on the floor and raised his hand to inspect why he’d let go. His fingers were open, he’d just dropped it.

“Right.” Tobor muttered to himself.

Bending down pick the blade back up, Tobor felt a rush of dizziness as what felt like all the blood in his body rushed to his head. His eyes swam and when the came back into focus, he saw a flash of silver.

“Arghurys!” Came a warning shout from Caoki as Tobor felt a sharp pain on his forearm and a crushing hand-hold on his shoulders. Yanked back, Tobor slammed into the floor and the pain in his back and arm sharpened his senses.

Halder had grasped the arakh with his maimed hand he had wrenched free when the weapon had dropped and slashed at Tobor as the boy reached to pick the blade up. Caoki had pulled Tobor away with lightening reactions and the edge of the sword had bitten Tobor’s arm instead of the intended target, his throat.

Tobor jumped up and charged Halder with blind rage, seeing only red. Halder had no chance, seeing as how he was tied to a chair that had fallen to the floor. Tobor stepped over the clumsy strike and stamped down, pinning the arakh to the floor. With his other foot he struck at Halder’s face, connecting with his chin and whipping his head up with alarming force.

Tobor grasped the arakh from Halder’s loose grip and, with a scream of pure rage, drove it deep into Halder’s stomach. The man grunted as he felt the steel in his belly. Tobor let go of the handle and still livid with rage, not thinking straight, he lashed out.

Tobor kicked out at Halder’s broken arm and smashed the ruined limb once more. Halder screamed again clutching feebly at the arakh protruding from his stomach.

Tobor knelt down and grabbed Halder by the throat, squeezing. With his other arm, he drew back and drove his fist into Halder’s mouth. Tobor felt pain but didn’t care. He hit again. This time the fist hitting Halder’s cheek. Tobor felt his face bust open, a trickle of blood making it’s way down the man’s face.

Tobor hit again and felt blood spray up and spray his face in a fine mist as he struck. Tobor didn’t know how many times he hit after that, or how many times he had done. All he knew was how it felt. This man deserved it. He told himself with each strike. He had killed Mina. He said. He had tried to kill me.

But Tobor wasn’t trying to convince himself to do it. Tobor knew why he was doing it. He was trying to convince himself that those were the reasons why he was doing it. The pain of his fist connecting with flesh and blood was refreshing. It partially covered the pain he felt for Mina. But Tobor knew he was doing it because it felt good.

Tobor felt himself being dragged away again. “Let… Let me…” Tobor struggled. Caoki shook his head, his braid dancing. “He is over. It is done.” He said, with a finality that made Tobor listen.

Wrenching free, although Tobor suspected Caoki had let him go, Tobor looked at the man in front of him. Halder was barely conscious and was frailly attempting to pull the blade from his abdomen with hands sticky from blood.

“He isn’t dead yet.” Tobor said grimly. Caoki nodded, “But he is over. And it is done.” Tobor didn’t agree, but he knew they should go. They had come for answers. And those answers had been given.

Tobor stepped on the stomach of the man before him and pulled the arakh from the ever-faster dying man. A slow gurgle was emitted from his puffy, beaten lips followed by a plea. “Kill me.” He begged. Tobor looked in his bloodshot eyes.

[Give him Mercy] [Leave Him]

• [Give him Mercy]

Yeah... no, no I don't think that guy deserves mercy. Well, none of these monsters following the hooded man (btw, Hood is a surprisingly catchy nickname that came up in this part, so I'm just going to use it until we learn about his real name) do, but this guy right here is one of the two who have previously been with Mina, means one of those the most deeply involved in her death. As such, this one is higher on my list than most of his companions, minus Hood and the one who actually killed her (whom I suppose is identical with Halder's companion who also stayed with Mina), those two place first and second respectively. I suppose the severity of his injuries means he won't have that long anymore, or at least not to consciously suffer through them, I dearly hope he will have as much as possible of those four hours of agony Tobor threatened him with. In fact, I hope someone finds him, tries to heal him and only prolongs his suffering by several additional days in which he will remain somewhat conscious. But I know, this is not going to happen, but four hours of agony sounds like the next best thing and I take it with actual glee. Compared to how much worse it could be for him, he can be glad and thankful that he only has to slowly bleed out for several hours. It is mercy, in a way, no need to make his death any quicker than it already is. That worthless critter got roughly what he deserved, so let's not waste more time with him.

As such, is it any surprise that I choose to [Leave Him]? No? Yeah, probably not much of a surprise. There is not the slightest bit of mercy I am willing to grant anyone in league with Hood, not even the mercy of granting a dying man a quick death. Halder had it coming. He deserved even worse, but what he did was already plenty satisfying. Tobor has been a beast in this part. This is the man I want to see. This brutal, revenge-driven beast, hunting down Hood and his men without mercy. This is good, this is very good and it is the first time in several parts that I find myself actually happy with Tobor and his actions. This has been honestly, genuinely a thing of beauty and yes, it was actually satisfying. Oh, I cannot wait until he gets a shot at killing the next guy behind this. Also, I mentioned it before, but can we talk about how great Caoki is? He's the right kind of ruthless, just whom I want by Tobor's side when it comes to killing every single last one of these whoresons.

Making Deals and a Taste of Battle Part V Looking at Caoki, Tobor smiled cruelly. “Caoki, come here please.” He said sweetly. The Dothra

• [Leave Him]

Poor Miro is probably traumatized after seeing all that.

Making Deals and a Taste of Battle Part V Looking at Caoki, Tobor smiled cruelly. “Caoki, come here please.” He said sweetly. The Dothra

• [Give him Mercy]

• [Leave Him]

Let him rot, no more than he deserves. He's lucky Tobor got pulled away!

I really like the way Tobor is moving along. He's becoming so layered, I love it!

• [Leave him] Not because I think he deserves it, but because I really like this direction with Tobor. You can see him slowly diverging from the Path of Honor. (Ha! :p )

Even knowing what happened to Mina already, it's still so soul crushing to read what happened from Tobor's perspective. :'( Anyway I really liked this part! Can't wait to see what happens next! :)

• I wonder if seeing this side of Tobor might have a negative impact on their relationship...

[Leave Him] Poor Miro is probably traumatized after seeing all that.

• [Give him Mercy]

• Yeah I didn’t think that the hooded man’s followers would coincidentally call him “the hooded man” too, and if Halder was telling the truth when he said he didn’t know the hooded man’s name then they’d have to have some sort of nickname for him. He wears a hood, so Hood seemed good enough ;)

Every time you show how much you hate the hooded man and all who follow him, I just give myself a tiny congratulations that I’ve somehow managed to inspire such emotion from a story I’ve written. It really does blow me away how much you guys care :)

Yeah, he is not going to have a good few hours if the votes end up leaving him. Maybe that’d teach him a good lesson to not follow guys in hoods going on murderous killing sprees to kill one boy, just before he meets the seven gods that made him.

Your vote is not in the least bit surprising, I think you’ve made it clear that no follower of the hooded man (or Hood) will get any mercy from you.

I must say, writing Tobor like he is at the moment is actually a little scary at how unfeeling he is. I know @AgentZ46 loves it when he goes dark, but I’m kinda hoping he remembers who he is before he goes full blown Anakin Revenge of the Sith. I do love Tobor getting his revenge, but I think he’s beginning to lose some of his honour.

I love Caoki too, I think he’s a wonderful character. He never had any plans from me to be this big a part. He was just gonna be one of Sibas’ mates, but luckily you guys chose him to join the trip to Meereen.

[Give him Mercy] Yeah... no, no I don't think that guy deserves mercy. Well, none of these monsters following the hooded man (bt

• Yeah Miro is seeing a new side of Tobor for sure. I don’t think he’s gonna be particularly happy

[Leave Him] Poor Miro is probably traumatized after seeing all that.

• I did actually feel like (SPOILERS FOR S6 GAME OF THRONES) I was writing Tobor and Halder like the Jon Snow and Ramsey Bolton scene where Jon Snow was beating Ramsey to an absolute pulp. The only difference between them, I feel, is that Jon saw Sansa and stopped. But Tobor would not have stopped until he lacked the strength to throw another punch if he had not been pulled away.

I like the way Tobor is moving along, from a narrative perspective, but I don’t like how he is progressing as a person, as I said in my reply to Liquid. I think he’s losing himself. I hope he can find who he is again.

Chaosjester posted: »

[Leave Him] Let him rot, no more than he deserves. He's lucky Tobor got pulled away! I really like the way Tobor is moving along. He's becoming so layered, I love it!

• So do you think Halder doesn’t deserve it then? I’m not saying it as a challenge, if that’s how you feel I actually agree with you. I don’t think many people deserve to be left in the dirt slowly bleeding out, but I understand why some do. If it were my choice I would just end it for them. It has more of a finality to it.

I wasn’t sure I’d managed to convey how destroyed it made Tobor feel but I’m glad you could see that from the readers end!

[Leave him] Not because I think he deserves it, but because I really like this direction with Tobor. You can see him slowly diverging from t

• edited August 2018

I as a person just don't think that kind of thing is morally right. No matter how much you hate someone they are still human. Two wrongs don't make a right and all that. But in terms of story I just find characters going dark really interesting and exciting. My morals and what I like in a story aren't the same thing. :)

So do you think Halder doesn’t deserve it then? I’m not saying it as a challenge, if that’s how you feel I actually agree with you. I don’t

• Yeah but the thing with Anakin was that it felt too sudden for him to turn as he did. With Tobor you sympathise and can fully understand why he's doing what he's doing.

Yeah I didn’t think that the hooded man’s followers would coincidentally call him “the hooded man” too, and if Halder was telling the truth

• I understand completely what you’re saying. To me personally, I wouldn’t want to see Tobor go the full way. I enjoy seeing him teetering on the edge of becoming fully dark but don’t want him to embrace it, which I think he is dangerously close to doing.

I get that it would be interesting to read, and from a readers point of view, perhaps I’d even want to see that, but I just have this bond with Tobor and with every choice that takes him a little closer, I just get a little more worried for his humanity.

I as a person just don't think that kind of thing is morally right. No matter how much you hate someone they are still human. Two wrongs don

• Voting is Closed!

Tobor will [Leave him]

While I’m not surprised by this choice, I am worried as to what it means for Tobor in times to come. He really is going down a dark path and I’m apprehensive for where it takes him. I suppose you could argue he’s just found out Mina died but I personally think he’d do similar things even if he didn’t know or what happened, hadn’t happened.

Regardless, I hope in future parts Tobor remains on the Path of Honour. Speaking of future parts, the next one will be finished in the next day or so. Hoping to have it posted soon enough. Looking forward to it!

Part VI

The desperate, broken man lay on the floor clutching his wound with what remained of his hands. As their eyes met, the dying man knew Tobor’s answer before it was uttered. Halder saw something in Tobor’s eyes that scared him, a darkness.

“You aren’t long for this world, Halder.” Tobor began softly, revelling in the sick power he had. “I’d hate to cut short what time you have left.”

With that, the Hightower boy stood and motioned to the rest. Caoki looked indifferent, he wasn’t phased by the spectacle beside him. Sibas’ expression was stern, his features knotted together by a hard-set grimace. Miro however, was pale and clearly disgusted. The poor Naathi boy couldn’t keep his eyes from Halder weakly struggling on the floor.

“He can’t tell us anything more.” Sibas said, before Tobor could speak. “We should kill him.” He continued. Tobor shook his head, “Mina was my friend.” He said stiffly. “I won’t give that bastard an ounce of mercy, I wouldn’t piss on him if he was set ablaze.”

“And if someone finds him, if he tells them what you’ve… what we’ve done?” Miro asked warily. Tobor shook his head, “It would make no matter. He won’t live long anyway, besides, we’ve killed guards on our escape. What’s one more random man?” He said casually.

“K-Kill me, you cunt.” Halder wheezed, flecks of blood landing on his torso. Tobor ignored him. “We need to go, but first I need to clean up.” Tobor looked down at his own body and winced at the blood covering him.

Tobor walked around the corner and over to the side of Mina’s home, where there was a large bucket full of water. Next to it there was an iron rail where once wet clothes had been hung to dry. Tobor removed his shirt, wincing as he raised his arms above his head as he stretched the muscles in his chest.

Tobor looked down and sighed as he saw the blotchy blue stain on his stomach from the blow he’s received from Halder while chasing him. Tobor prodded it and breathed sharply from the spike of pain. The bruise covered around the same area as a handprint and was hot to touch. Tobor shook his head and dropped his bloodstained shirt in the water.

After a few minutes of scrubbing and wringing out the shirt on his knees, Tobor swore and gave up. The blood had set into the fabric now and was refusing to part ways. Tobor grabbed the scrunched-up shirt and in a burst of rage threw it down onto the floor below. It landed with a hollow splat.

Tobor grasped the side of the bucket with his hands so tightly that his knuckles hurt and turned white. He sank his head down on top of his hands and screwed his eyes shut hard. Tobor replayed the past events in his mind again and again. The crunch of Halder’s arm, the screams of pain and the feeling that Tobor had.

Tobor felt like he always came back to this. This moment where he felt shamed and broken, where he had carried out an unspeakable act but it had felt so good. Was he a bad person? Tobor thought so. Good people don’t enjoy killing do they?

Tobor thought about the stories. He’d never heard of Arthur Dayne or Symeon Star-Eyes torturing a man to death. They killed because it was their duty or to protect. Tobor told himself he had only ever killed in self-defence. It wasn’t very convincing.

Tobor thought of Mina and the realisation she was gone cascaded around his body. He felt helpless, broken. The powerlessness wracked him like a fit, taunting him and making him want to throw something, to hit someone, to kill someone.

Tobor glanced down and saw his arakh on the floor. He’d failed, again. Was there any point? Mina was gone because of him. In Westeros a knight should protect those in need. Where was Tobor when she needed protection? Why had he left her? What greater failure was there?

Tobor reached out for the blade, feeling the warm leather in his fingers. He slowly pulled it towards himself. He wasn’t really sure what he was doing, but it felt right. The gods would judge him, but he’d done plenty to be judged for before this. Just one cut.

Tobor looked away, dropped the arakh and put his forefinger knuckle in his mouth without really knowing why. He bit down and the pain gave him clarity. It hurt, but it was needed. Tobor rested his hands back on the bucket rim and looked at the tooth marks in his finger.

Tobor drew a long shaky breath in and out, in and out. Then bent his head down and splashed some water on it to blend with the tears. The water felt cool and refreshing, washing the sweat, dirt and blood from his face. When Tobor straightened up, the shame, hurt and failure remained. But the helplessness, powerlessness and weakness had been washed away by the water, replaced with something better. Something stronger.

A purpose.

Tobor joined the others again, having taken a new shirt, presumably one of Mina’s brothers, and swept his wet hair slick back over his head. “Is everyone ready?” Tobor asked them. Miro and Sibas nodded, Caoki just grunted.

Tobor fetched a blanket from the straw mattresses Mina clearly used to sleep on, he stepped beside the corpse of her brother and, after closing his eyes, lay the blanket over the deceased.

“I’m sorry I can’t do more.” He told the body. A splutter came from Halder again, “I h-hope… I hope you… you die… painful death.” He said in-between coughs.

“Tobor come, we must go.” Miro said urgently. Tobor sighed, “I’ll be out in a moment.” He said. “Go on, wait outside.” He continued when Miro began to protest.

Tobor crouched down on the balls of his feet next to Halder. “Listen to me, I want you to hear this. You will die. Perhaps soon, perhaps hours from now. I don’t know. And I don’t care. But I want you to know this. Everyone that has been a part of hunting me will die. I don’t care how small a role anyone had. They will die.

“It might take me a year, maybe two, even my whole life, but I will dedicate it to finding the scum like you that did this to my friend. She was innocent of this, and you helped kill her. That’s why you are lying here right now. I want you to know why I won’t give you mercy, why your final moments will be wracked with pain. I hope you think about how much it hurts, and I hope you remember the girl you helped kill. Remember her and remember her name. Mina. That is why you are dying.

“I will find each and every craven that has been a part of this whole sick charade, and I will make them suffer like I have made you suffer, but I will save the one in charge for last, the one with the hood. His fate will be more depraved then you can think, worse than all you other filth combined. He will die a slow death, alone like you are alone.” Tobor said softly.

Halder spluttered, coughing blood. “You… you don’t understand. You should fear him. He-he could kill you without blinking.” He rasped.

Tobor hooked his arakh around the neck of Halder, using the sharp edge to lift him up. Halder struggled to raise his body and neck high enough to avoid the blade, wincing in pain.

Tobor looked Halder directly in the eye. “But he hasn’t seen what I can do yet.” Tobor whispered, dropping Halder back to the floor, turning around and marching out the door.

Sibas and Miro were talking in hushed tones, Caoki stood idly. Sibas stopped talking as soon as Tobor exited. “What did you do?” Sibas asked. Tobor shrugged, “Just talked.” He said simply.

Sibas exhaled sharply from his nose in disbelief, “Just talked?” He scoffed. Tobor grinned, daring Sibas to argue. “Aye. Just talked.” He confirmed. Sibas didn’t like Tobor’s tone. “You were fucking deranged in there, Hightower.” Sibas said, shaking his head.

“I got what I needed to know.” Tobor said, stowing his arakh back in his belt again. “And what about how you got that information?” Sibas asked.

“What do you want me to say, Sibas? He would never have talked, we’re short on time. We don’t have time for this either, let’s just go. We can talk on the way back.” Tobor said wearily, not wanting to admit how he felt about the situation.

“Sibas is right, Tobor.” Miro said quietly. “It was not a good thing you have done.”

Tobor sighed, “Can we go, please?” He said, avoiding Miro’s comment. Sibas stepped in front of Tobor. “If you do things like that. It makes you as bad as them. As bad as the ones who killed you friend.”

This pushed Tobor over a line, “Say that one more fucking time.” Tobor warned icily. Sibas wasn’t put off, “I’m serious, there’s some things that you just can’t do.” He said sharply. Tobor laughed hollowly, “What if they’d killed one of your friends, or family. What if it was your sister, a brother, your mother, or…”

Tobor tried to speak but was stopped when Sibas dropped his shoulder into Tobor’s stomach and lifted him up of the ground, driving him back down into the gravelled floor. Tobor gasped in pain as his bruised stomach flared up agonisingly again.

“Sibas, stop.” Caoki ordered. Sibas bunched his fist in Tobor’s face and drew back ready to hit. Tobor covered his face with his arms. The hit never came, “Don’t speak about my mother. Ever.” Sibas warned, his voice shaking with anger.

Tobor rolled over and coughed as Sibas stood up, letting him go. Tobor felt a shock as he spat and saw blood in the spittle. “Shit.” He muttered and wiped his lips with the back of his hand.

Caoki stepped behind him, “We must go now.” He rumbled in his deep voice. Tobor glanced up, looking down the alley. “Wait a second.” He said, spotting something silver. Caoki muttered something in Dothraki. “Come, Now.” He said, more sternly.

“I can see something on the floor over there, wait a second.” Tobor said, pushing himself to his feet despite the pain in his stomach. Tobor made his way down the path and saw that the end gave way to an edge. Tobor could faintly hear the rush of water below him, the Skahazadan.

Tobor saw the silver object and flushed red when he realised what it was. Mina’s dagger, the one she had cut at him with when they had first met while Tobor had been waiting to catch what he thought would be the hooded man.

Tobor felt the dagger in his hand as he picked it up, the blade was long for a normal dagger, but it was weighted beautifully. Tobor held on tightly and closed his eyes. A flash of anger and pain threatened to return.

Tobor knew he should take it with him but felt tempted to throw the dagger in the Skahazadan. He didn’t think he wanted the reminder with him the whole time, and that way no thief would find her blade. Perhaps a constant reminder of what had happened would be a good thing, Tobor thought, perhaps he deserved it.

Tobor supposed he could leave it with Mina’s brother, but any stranger who walked in the house would be able to take it. Tobor looked down at the wrought steel once more, feeling that same anger and rage.

[Throw it Away] [Honour it by Leaving it with Grezan] [Keep it as a Reminder]

• [Keep it as a Reminder] As Tobor said, anyone could take it if he left it and throwing it away would be a waste. I like the idea of it being a memento. Even if it might feed his more darker thoughts.
    I loved this part as always. Really enjoyed reading what Tobor was thinking. Loved the conflict, not only in his group but also in his head. Thinking about some of histories most honorable warriors was a nice touch.

Making Deals and a Taste of Battle Part VI The desperate, broken man lay on the floor clutching his wound with what remained of his han

• Who knows, keeping it may even help Tobor. Of course like you said, it may feed dark thoughts, but it may help him come to terms with it and help him forgive himself.

Thanks, I’m very glad you enjoyed it! The conflict in his head was very interesting to write so I’m happy it’s interesting to read. The conflict with the group isn’t over yet, and neither is the one in his head!

[Keep it as a Reminder] As Tobor said, anyone could take it if he left it and throwing it away would be a waste. I like the idea of it being

• [Keep it as a Reminder]

Making Deals and a Taste of Battle Part VI The desperate, broken man lay on the floor clutching his wound with what remained of his han

• [Keep it as a Reminder]

I think Mina would want him to have it. Maybe someday, he could use her dagger for revenge against the hooded man and his men.

• [Keep it as a reminder]

• “I will find each and every craven that has been a part of this whole sick charade, and I will make them suffer like I have made you suffer, but I will save the one in charge for last, the one with the hood. His fate will be more depraved then you can think, worse than all you other filth combined. He will die a slow death, alone like you are alone.” Tobor said softly.

Look at that, seems like I have kept a secret from you all this entire time. Turns out I am, in fact, Tobor. Seriously though, I am half-certain you quoted me there :D Couldn't have said it better myself! It is no secret that my opinion on Tobor has suffered badly throughout all this. However, this right here is how I can support him. Revenge, simple as that, is a common ground. It doesn't make me miss Mina less, but it gives me a grim satisfaction whenever he swears stuff like that. While part of me still wishes that Halder would have been put through even further pain before dying, I must admit, his fate has been overall well-deserved. I hope this is only the beginning though. Revenge is all that matters, the more the better until none of Hood's men, their allies, their friends, their families remain. Tobor is on a good path there. Of course, he still has miles to go, but I really enjoyed him here. That scene with him alone in the house was great and I like how he draws purpose from this whole revenge thing. It is the same with me, I actively yearn for it and it is good to see how on board Tobor is with this. Caoki is good too, though I am a bit iffy about Sibas and Miro. I get it, they are not on board with the whole revenge thing, alright. They don't have to and I wouldn't want to force them. However, the way I see it, if they don't want to support Tobor in this, they have two options. Either they stay out of his way or they can rightly go and fuck themselves. That mostly goes towards Sibas. I don't see Miro as the kind to ever actually stand in Tobor's way. But Sibas? If he doesn't like this, then he can leave for all I care. He doesn't have to help. But Mina wasn't his friend, he didn't even know her, this isn't his revenge and he has absolutely no right to be this moralizing pain in the ass. So, he doesn't believe this is right, okay. But he has no right to tell Tobor what to do, or even worse, to stop him and from my perspective, I have neither patience nor tolerance with someone who tries to stand in his way, so I really hope that this was a one-time only thing. He said his piece, now if he can just shut his mouth next time Tobor gets the chance to butcher one of these animals, that'd be much appreciated. That being said, if he doesn't like the comparably merciful way Tobor ended Halder, I am certain he will get involved if the rest of the bunch gets even remotely the fate I would like for them. I really hope he can get over this, because so far I actually liked him. But those who stand in the way on purpose, they are not better than Hood and his beasts as far as I'm concerned.

[Keep it as a Reminder]

Yes. Yes! Keep it, use it! I cannot think of a more ironic vengeance than this knife being used to kill Hood. Make it slow, make it painful, it will be great. Of course I will vote to keep it. I want Tobor to hold on to it and I want him to put it to good use when the time comes. Oh, I cannot wait for him to get his hands on Hood. If he acts that brutal with a simple thug, I get all excited imagining how much more he'll do to that piece of shit behind all of it. I cannot wait for it, oh yes.

• I can assure you I didn’t quote you! But I’m sure, if I needed to, I could just craft Tobor’s revenge dialogue purely from what you’ve said previously :D

See, for me, I think Sibas and Miro completely understand and support Tobor getting revenge, but I think neither of them want to see or let Tobor tarnish his honour in such a way by brutally torturing someone. I can see why you would think they are standing against Tobor and therefore enemies, or at the very least minor antagonists. But I can swear to you now, that both Miro and Sibas are Tobor’s friends and want purely what they think is best for him. And as a matter of fact, I actually agree with them. I think Tobor can get revenge easily by killing those who wronged him, that wouldn’t make him dishonourable, but slow drawn out, cruel deaths, (while interesting and satisfying) aren’t who or what Tobor is to me. I just hope you don’t judge Sibas too harshly, because while he isn’t exactly tactful or sensitive with what he says, he is a true friend to Tobor.

Not that I’m judging or telling you to think/vote differently, you’re well within your rights to push Tobor towards killing them painfully and it’s not just my story so you guys can all influence it!

“I will find each and every craven that has been a part of this whole sick charade, and I will make them suffer like I have made you suffer,

• Voting is closed!

Rather unanimously, Tobor will [Keep it as a Reminder]

I like this choice, as it will be a rather symbolic prompt to make him think of Mina. A symbol for his revenge for the Hooded man.

Now, I haven’t posted in a while, and that is because I wanted to time the next part right. It is now 12 months since I posted the initial thread for Path of Honour meaning I’ve been doing this for a year!

I wanted to thank you all for reading what I’ve been writing. It does mean a hell of a lot to me that I can share Tobor’s story with like-minded thrones lovers.

It’s really amazing to think back to a year ago with my vague plan of what Tobor would be doing in the coming months and I’d never have imagined I’d have had this complex story going with a murder plot, so many diverse and interesting characters submitted by you guys and of course, to have inspired so many reactions by what I’ve written. I never thought I’d be able to make you love Tobor, hate Tobor, love Mina, hate the Hooded man or just generally to get this far.

So from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

So, next part. I wanted to time the anniversary so that I’d be able to post this next part on the same week, and that’s because it’s a huge choice. It’s a part with a whole lotta consequence for the choice and will shape the story until the very end. Most choices have a consequence for the next few parts, some stretch to the end. But this one will shape how Tobor goes about his revenge, with an extra twist.

Enough teasing, voting is closed, next part is coming soon, thank you for reading, Valar Morghulis!

• I really enjoyed. Lol

[สมัคร ufabet](http://www.ufa007.com/ufabet]สมัคร ufabet "สมัคร ufabet") : po

Sign in to comment in this discussion.