Which Movie is it Based On?

edited January 2011 in Jurassic Park
Will this new game be based on the First Movie, the second, the Third, or Is it something completely different?
I'm hoping it will be one of the first two movies, but even more so, I want both.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    It's gonna be different. Dan Connors said they would take place in the universes but he doesn't consider them sequels.
  • edited June 2010
    Since it's Telltale, I consider it completely different, doesn't fall into a fourth film.
  • edited June 2010
    I honestly hope it's based on the book.
  • edited June 2010
    It will be a new story set in the same world. We don't even know if it'll have he same characters as the movies (but I would expect to run into some of them at some point).

I would also expect to see some homages to classic JP movie scenes in some of the locations and puzzles in the episodes.

Though I hope no dangling bus over a cliff, I hated that scene.
  • edited June 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I honestly hope it's based on the book.

Well they have the license agreement with universal, not crichton. so it wuill definately based on the movies.
  • edited June 2010
    axelkothe wrote: »
    Well they have the license agreement with universal, not crichton. so it wuill definately based on the movies.
    They hold the copyright of the franchise, so that means the movies, books, video games etc. Though the movies will most likely provide the most inspiration for the game, hopefully they expand to the books as well.
  • edited June 2010
    Ah, I better go watch the movies now! I've only seen the first Jurassic Park once. I own all three, but I've only seen one of them (strange, I know).

Anyway, aside from my lack of knowledge of the movies and the whole world and the characters and the dinosaur breeds and the history, I'm quite excited about this game. I hope to be more excited after I actually watch the films. A lot of people are treating this whole thing (the fact that Telltale has picked up the license and are developing the games as we speak... err, type) as an absolute disaster and the worst possible move for the company, but I have confidence in Telltale. I feel that they will be able to put their own unique flavour into the franchise, and make it different, but also good. What am I basing this on? Their entire record and catalogue of games, that's what!
  • edited June 2010
    If I had to guess, it may be based off of the comics that are in the works:
    http://comics.ign.com/articles/107/1079284p1.html
  • edited June 2010
    I would prefer it to be a new story...
  • edited June 2010
    keep it Jurassic park not something different make it a combo of 1 and 2 cuz its untainted unlike the third
  • edited June 2010
    Well, I've just finished watching the 3rd film (no more than 5 minutes ago) and I don't really see why it's so hated, I really quite enjoyed it.

Oh well, that argument aside, I would personally like the game to be a sequel to the third and I would like the main (and playable) characters to be Alan Grant and Billy Brennan because I like both characters and I think that they make a great duo. Alan Grant is sort of like an Indiana Jones-like figure while Billy is just a likable sidekick. I really think that it would work.

Alan Grant would be a brilliant main character, because throughout the third film, just look at how many times he uses items to solve problems. Just a few off of the top of my head:

- Using the raptor eggs to get rid of the raptors surrounding them.
    - Using the raptor voicebox replica with his mouth to try and shoo the raptors
    - Using the flare gun with the gasoline in the water in order to shoo the Spinosaurus (though this was accidental, I think)

I know there were more, I just can't think of them, but my point is that Alan Grant used his brain to get out of situations, meaning that he'd be a great adventure game character because it's not just 'shoot-at-the-dinosaurs-and-hope-for-the-best'. And Billy, as I said before, just seems like a good sidekick.
  • edited June 2010
    "And now for something completely different"
  • edited June 2010
    PainDealer wrote: »
    "And now for something completely different"

It's... Monty Python's Flying Circus
  • edited June 2010
    I think that the game will be a sort of combination of all three to make somthing unique.
  • edited July 2010
    I think each episode might be based on a different movie or possibly there could be two episodes for each movie.
  • edited July 2010
    I don't care what they do with it because their going to make it FU***NG awesome no matter what story they use... People need to stop being so damn critical and just soak up the greatness!
  • edited July 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Well, I've just finished watching the 3rd film (no more than 5 minutes ago) and I don't really see why it's so hated, I really quite enjoyed it.

I actually thought 3 was better than 2. Lost World was always the abomination to me (though I still sort of enjoyed it.)
    My list is
    JP
    JP3
    LW
  • edited July 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Oh well, that argument aside, I would personally like the game to be a sequel to the third and I would like the main (and playable) characters to be Alan Grant and Billy Brennan because I like both characters and I think that they make a great duo. Alan Grant is sort of like an Indiana Jones-like figure while Billy is just a likable sidekick. I really think that it would work.

I think this would be the worst case scenario, I definetly wouldnt buy it if it would be that way. Just the story: Why would Grant return with Billy to the island???? Making a safari for fun? So stupid :rolleyes:...
  • edited July 2010
    I think the first movie had an unique feel unlike any of the sequels and is the best part of series, I think anyone will agree with that. Not only that, it suits best for a non action-shooter game and is the main memory of all fans childhood, I dont see why the game shouldnt play in the first movie, at least in the first few episodes. The further episodes can then take place on Isla Nublar after 10 of 20 years if necessary, would be a good compromise!!!
  • edited July 2010
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    I think this would be the worst case scenario, I definetly wouldnt buy it if it would be that way. Just the story: Why would Grant return with Billy to the island???? Making a safari for fun? So stupid :rolleyes:...

I that case, why would anyone return to the island? Who says it's even going to take place on the island? It might not even take place on either of the islands, 'Jurassic Park IV' (the film) isn't going to include the island. All I'm saying is that I'd like to see those to characters (Billy and Alan Grant) in another 'Jurassic Park' installment.
  • edited July 2010
    I don't think the series should follow any of the movies unless they do what was done for the Half-Life 1 expansions where you experienced the same time frame from different perspectives. Instead, I fully expect TTG's Jurassic Park season to be new, "expanded universe"-type material. Maybe a prequel, or an in-between-films storyline (Star Wars Clone Wars, anyone?). They could also pull a Tron 2 and make the videogame a direct sequel to JP3.
  • edited July 2010
    xbskid wrote: »
    ... new, "expanded universe"-type material ...

That's what I would guess.
  • edited July 2010
    I have a feeling it will be some random characters who end up on the island with most of the puzzles taking place in the ruins of the Jurassic Park labs.
    A shame there are no Dinosaurs left alive on the first island, it always bothered me they weren't able to return to the first Island in the sequels for that very reason. I would have LOVED to see the ruins of familiar locations, like the great hall with the destroyed T-rex skeleton and that banner lying on the floor.
    I actually quite like the 2nd movie, they went a bit too big in certain places but it was definitely a Spielberg movie with some great FX and great nailbiting scenes...it kinda went downhill the moment they set foot in San Fransisco though, more Godzilla than Jurassic Park.
    The 3rd movie was just ridiculous, the dinosaurs looked extremely fake and monster-ish compared to the "real" animals of the first 2 movies.
  • edited July 2010
    zwollie wrote: »
    ...it kinda went downhill the moment they set foot in San Fransisco though, more Godzilla than Jurassic Park.

That was San Diego ;) (but it wasn't filmed here except for some aerial shots). Agree about Godzilla. :D
  • edited July 2010
    thom-22 wrote: »
    That was San Diego ;) (but it wasn't filmed here except for some aerial shots). Agree about Godzilla. :D

Lol, San Diego...right, right. :p
  • edited July 2010
    zwollie wrote: »
    I actually quite like the 2nd movie, they went a bit too big in certain places but it was definitely a Spielberg movie with some great FX and great nailbiting scenes...it kinda went downhill the moment they set foot in San Fransisco though, more Godzilla than Jurassic Park.

I compared JP2 to King Kong in another thread. Just something about bringing some giant creature back to civilization to show it off only for it to go apeshit* that makes it sound the same.

* Unfortunately this pun does not apply to dinosaurs.
  • edited July 2010
    Since it's Jurassic Park, I'm hoping for a horror survival adventure game from TTG, that's the kind of game I'd really expect when talking about Jurassic Park anyhow. So therefore, it's like the movies that the people involved need to survive/outwit the dinos, but something different (i.e. not following the plots or previous stories except maybe dealing with relatives cause you know how bad luck seems based on family)
  • edited July 2010
    Jurassic Park Adventures: Escape from Dilophosaur Quadrant will follow the exploits of fan-favourite Dennis Nedry, expanding his near-fatal sputter attack from the first film into a hilarious action-adventure spanning two islands and all three movies. Stay tuned for more news - and perhaps a few surprise casting announcements - at the upcoming Telltale Comic Con panel hosted by Wayne Knight. Thank you for your interest in Telltale Games!
  • edited July 2010
    HappyBob wrote: »
    Jurassic Park Adventures: Escape from Dilophosaur Quadrant will follow the exploits of fan-favourite Dennis Nedry, expanding his near-fatal sputter attack from the first film into a hilarious action-adventure spanning two islands and all three movies. Stay tuned for more news - and perhaps a few surprise casting announcements - at the upcoming Telltale Comic Con panel hosted by Wayne Knight. Thank you for your interest in Telltale Games!

Source please! :P
  • edited July 2010
    Since it's Jurassic Park, I'm hoping for a horror survival adventure game from TTG, that's the kind of game I'd really expect when talking about Jurassic Park anyhow. So therefore, it's like the movies that the people involved need to survive/outwit the dinos, but something different (i.e. not following the plots or previous stories except maybe dealing with relatives cause you know how bad luck seems based on family)

Hmmm... how about NO.
  • edited July 2010
    I'd love it if it were the Nedry adventure as I don't think Wayne Knight has had a role since Toy Story 2.

Kidding aside, I imagine that the game could take place in a prototype lab in which they first tested dinosaur behavior before starting to build the park... or did I not remember something from the first film? It's been a LONG time since I've seen Jurassic Park or the Lost World...
  • edited July 2010
    Hmmm... how about NO.

How about YES! I didn't see you suggest anything beyond "Like the movies" when most people want something different. Of course my vision is more awesome with gore (the combination of Dinos and People means people get eaten) and an M rating. I doubt TTG would go so far as to make it not "family friendly" unfortunately, but it should be some kind of scary (We're talking JP! Those Velociraptors gave me some nightmares!)! More than Puzzle agent scary.
  • edited July 2010
    Of course my vision is more awesome with gore (the combination of Dinos and People means people get eaten) and an M rating.

<NearlyUselessTrivia>
    I know this probably won't happen with the NBC/Universal contract, buuut, if Telltale felt like developing their own game of an unlimited bloody and mature nature (Not that they would), they could release it via their own store to at least moderate success. They only need a rating to sell it via retail.
    </NearlyUselessTrivia>
  • edited July 2010
    I don't know why people want or expect a mature rated game just because it's about dinosaurs when the actual films were all rated PG.
  • edited July 2010
    I don't know why people want or expect a mature rated game just because it's about dinosaurs when the actual films were all rated PG.

Some people are in an unending quest for ultra-realism, some for ultra-violence. The world is full of all kinds.
  • edited July 2010

And if you watch the first one, PG was probably not a very appropriate rating. There were shots of dinos killing and eating people. Severed limbs and other gore. Animals being devoured and reduced to bones with only bits and pieces left hanging. IMO, I doubt it would get a PG today. The equivalent in a video game is a pretty straight shot to M (T if half the ratings board isn't paying attention).
  • edited July 2010
    xbskid wrote: »
    Some people are in an unending quest for ultra-realism, some for ultra-violence. The world is full of all kinds.

Realism doesn't seem to be a factor really when bringing back dinosaurs from extinction. Simply, the blatant plot point that is Jurassic Park is easily summed up: Dinosaurs are murder machines that kill people and destroy cities. We shouldn't be talking about some kind of revisionist universe where man has suddenly domesticated all the dinos to serve as pets, and, heck why not, they talk too in cutesy voices. I guess 4th time is the charm at breeding out the malevolence that has been dinos in the JP universe.
  • edited July 2010
    Of course my vision is more awesome with gore (the combination of Dinos and People means people get eaten) and an M rating.

The Only Telltale Series to have ever gotten an M rating is CSI. But that was because of a mix of blood, drugs, and language. Believe it or not, I remember NONE of those things being in the movies. (Aside from Samuel L. Jackson saying "***damn it" about halfway through the first one. And the occasional smoker.)
  • edited July 2010
    Simply, the blatant plot point that is Jurassic Park is easily summed up: Dinosaurs are murder machines that kill people and destroy cities.

Shh! Don't let Nikasaur hear you!
  • edited July 2010
    Believe it or not, I remember NONE of those things being in the movies. (Aside from Samuel L. Jackson saying "***damn it" about halfway through the first one. And the occasional smoker.)

I can't speak for JP 2/3 because those were less than memorable for me, but 1 is burned in my memory. It certainly wouldn't fit to have it any other way (I'd compare it to alien in some ways).

Jurassic Park Deaths:

#1, Security guard eaten live by Velociraptors (who seem to be invulnerable to stun guns)
    #2, Lawyer guy bitten by T-rex and corpse flung about
    #3, Newman gets eaten by Dilophosarus complete with face blinding acid and killed in car
    #4, Samual Jackson killed by Velociraptors, note severed limb conviniently placed to freak out female lead (there were other cases of severed limbs but this happened to be in the death scene, I remember an eye thing)
    #5: Hunter guy gets face ripped off by Velociraptor.

Also not shown: Velociraptor feeding time which was near the beginning of the movie before they lost control where they basically pulled the piranha trick by feeding them a whole cow but with Velociraptors instead.

As I recall, this was the movie Steven Spielberg wouldn't take his kid to and said that taking your kids to this movie was like child abuse.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.