When do you think Jurassic Park will release?

edited December 2010 in Jurassic Park
Q: Will the game be released before christmas?

I feel like they are giving all their attention to BTTF, and not enough to Jurassic park

Comments

• edited November 2010
    To answer your question. No. Jurassic Park will not be released before Christmas.
  • edited November 2010
    We probably won't see Jurassic Park until BttF finishes. Since that'll probably be in April, I'll say May at the earliest. (But it's highly unlikely they'll jump straight from one game to another. Maybe in the summer?)
  • edited November 2010
    My bet is late February or early March. They've said "winter" after all...

And we'll probably start getting some news in late December and January.
  • edited November 2010
    I'll go for late February as well. That's the most optimistic guess I can make.
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah, I think that since they are working of BTTF right now, JP won't be released until that is finished. So my best guess would be around June or July.
  • edited November 2010
    Maybe I'm wrong, but from the first BTTF/JP news we had, I understood that the two game seasons will overlap, so I'm with Trenchfoot: February or March.
  • edited November 2010
    They said this WINTER, so at the latest in February!
  • edited November 2010
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    They said this WINTER, so at the latest in February!

When it said "this winter" in the original Telltale/Universal press release, they meant you'd first see a game coming from the deal this winter, which is true, since the first episode of Back to the Future comes out in December. That means nothing for Jurassic Park. It could not come out for another three years, but as long as BttF comes out when it's supposed to, it would still be "this winter."
  • edited November 2010
    When it said "this winter" in the original Telltale/Universal press release, they meant you'd first see a game coming from the deal this winter, which is true, since the first episode of Back to the Future comes out in December. That means nothing for Jurassic Park. It could not come out for another three years, but as long as BttF comes out when it's supposed to, it would still be "this winter."

It says: "Look for the first video game based "season" of Back to the Future from Telltale this winter followed shortly by Jurassic Park. Telltale will release more information on both game series at a later date." So when Bttf comes in December, JP will come shortly after the first episode or after all five episodes are released. So either in January/February or in March/June. Not in three years.
  • edited November 2010
    It will probably be released about 3-4 months after BTTF is done.... That also means that new Monkey Island is probably not going to happen in the near future.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    September 2011, best guess! ;)
  • edited November 2010
    Can someone of the Telltale-team at least say if it will come out shortly after the first episode or after the whole season of Bttf ??? :(

This uncertainty kills me :p
  • edited November 2010
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    Can someone of the Telltale-team at least say if it will come out shortly after the first episode or after the whole season of Bttf ??? :(

This uncertainty kills me :p

I'm pretty sure they mean shortly after BttF as a whole finishes.
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah. In the past TTG usually commits to one series at a time... recently they have released some single short games during their current seasons run... but I would not count on JP being released at the same time as any BTTF games....

Though I know they had recently been hiring so they may now have a larger pool of talent to split off into even more project than ever before.... Good luck getting a straight answer though... TTG as a whole only really seem to announce a release date when its only about a week or two away.
  • edited November 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Yeah. In the past TTG usually commits to one series at a time... recently they have released some single short games during their current seasons run... but I would not count on JP being released at the same time as any BTTF games....

Though I know they had recently been hiring so they may now have a larger pool of talent to split off into even more project than ever before.... Good luck getting a straight answer though... TTG as a whole only really seem to announce a release date when its only about a week or two away.

I dont even want a concrete release date, just if JP will be released before or after Bttf finishes! Please, Telltale ;)
  • edited November 2010
    As far as I know, it's pretty obvious that they are dedicating more time to Jurassic Park, as they probably started with it at the same time as they did with BTTF (because of the Raptor model seemed finished), but it seems that they are taking more time to release it, maybe because of the new type of gameplay and graphics?

However, I'm glad that they are taking more time with this one. It shows that they are trying their best to not screw it up. Which I know they won't.

It's likely to think that the more time they take, the better. After all, we've been waiting for a really good JP game for a really long time, so we can wait a couple of months, right?
  • bubbledncrbubbledncr Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    As far as I know, it's pretty obvious that they are dedicating more time to Jurassic Park, as they probably started with it at the same time as they did with BTTF (because of the Raptor model seemed finished), but it seems that they are taking more time to release it, maybe because of the new type of gameplay and graphics?

However, I'm glad that they are taking more time with this one. It shows that they are trying their best to not screw it up. Which I know they won't.

It's likely to think that the more time they take, the better. After all, we've been waiting for a really good JP game for a really long time, so we can wait a couple of months, right?

I believe we were actually working on JP before anyone was working on BTTF.
  • edited November 2010
    Is there a correlation between the time you work on a game and the quality of it?
    I want BttF to be as much of an ambitious project as JP is. :(
  • bubbledncrbubbledncr Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    Is there a correlation between the time you work on a game and the quality of it?
    I want BttF to be as much of an ambitious project as JP is. :(

no, just as its been said, JP's doing some different things than our usual games, so it needed more R&D time.
  • edited November 2010
    yes
  • edited November 2010
    There has been pretty much 0 info on the JP game, so i'd say probably not till the BTTF episodes are all out! That's just my best guess though :)
  • edited December 2010
    is JP gonna be another FPS???... and i hope JP will be PS3 too =P
    2011???
  • edited December 2010
    I'll be pre-occupied playing BttF and re-playing the sam and max series, along with CoD black ops + Mass effect 2 to become impatient for Jurrasic park, but when I heard it's release date I'll be all over it like a ptereodactyl on human flesh? I dunno

Either way, LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!
  • edited December 2010
    I think late february is a good assumption, I could see spring though too.
  • edited December 2010
    If you checked out the BTTF trailer, the release dates of the game were December, February, March, April and May. As you probably noticed, January doesn't have an episode release... So could this mean JP is getting released on January?

Could be... Only time or a TellTale employee will tell....
  • edited December 2010
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    If you checked out the BTTF trailer, the release dates of the game were December, February, March, April and May. As you probably noticed, January doesn't have an episode release... So could this mean JP is getting released on January?

Could be... Only time or a TellTale employee will tell....

Could be right or could just be that they are gonna take a break for a holiday and wont release in jan because of the x-mas holidays. I like your thinking though :D.
    28c146a.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    Did anyone notice that they end Bttf in may, and in June Jurassic Park will have it's 18th anniversary?
  • edited December 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Did anyone notice that they end Bttf in may, and in June Jurassic Park will have it's 18th anniversary?

Interesting. So now January or February is a sure thing now. And I expect some stuff related to the game to start popping up as soon as the first BTTF episode is released....

Just a warning for TellTale: Don't go into the long grass!!!!
  • edited December 2010
    I don't think they're just ignoring Jurassic Park in favour of BttF, it's simply because BttF is coming out first. I imagine we'll start hearing a lot more about it next year, but I don't think we'll see it released until after BttF is finished.
  • edited December 2010
    Next year!!!! Do you know how many... oh.. wait.... It's December right now isn't it? Okay, cool. I can't wait till next year. lol But only if it's January... maybe February.
  • edited December 2010
    Next year!!!! Do you know how many... oh.. wait.... It's December right now isn't it? Okay, cool. I can't wait till next year. lol But only if it's January... maybe February.

If only they could give us just some facts about the game, like wich genre or some story hints :p
  • edited December 2010
    they said the universal partnership games will be out in winter. So we could see a release by centre january to start of feburary
  • edited December 2010
    According to Gamespot it's due to come out in Q1 2011, so that means between January-Mars.

By the way, since it's my first post here i would like to give the TT-team two thumbs up. I think you are doing fantastic work. Loved Monkey Island and Sam and Max. Looking forward to BttF and JP
  • edited December 2010
    bubbledncr wrote: »

I do hope this does not mean BTTF has been neglected! ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.