Xbox 360/Arcade release

edited March 2011 in Jurassic Park
Since it looks like BTTF will not be released on the Xbox 360 I was reeeaaally hoping this doesn't include Jurassic Park. :(

To the developers: Are you considering releasing it on Xbox 360?
It really doesn't matter if it's either as a 360 game disc or on Xbox Live Arcade. And in case JP is supposed to be released in episodes and that might cause problems with a 360 launch, then you should consider simply releasing it later with all the episodes combined.

To the fans: Show your support, don't turn this into a flame war. No Console vs PC/MAC or whatever. After all, all formats are great in their own particular area. ;)

Perhaps something like this:
360covers.jpg

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Telltale isn't going to announce what platforms Jurassic Park will be on until they're ready. It's highly unlikely we'll hear anything about Jurassic Park at all before BttF finishes, for that matter.

That said, given the level of outrage people had when they discovered BttF wouldn't be on the 360, Telltale at least knows there's demand for them on that system. I'm sure they're trying to figure out something so 360 owners aren't left out of the Telltale experience.
  • edited December 2010
    Telltale tried episodic format on XBLA with wallace and gromit and it failed. If they do release it on XBLA it would be at the end of the season.
  • edited December 2010
    there might be 50/50 % chance that JP will get on XBLA ... if they put this on XBLA then you 360 people have to wait a long time untill end of 2011 while PS3,PC/MAC people will get to play early and have fun while you guys have to wait .. which will be a bummer.. have fun waiting =) go play halo reach
  • edited December 2010
    Wow no release on XBLA! I don't even know what to say lol. What is Telltale thinking?! They will release the game on the PC which will then be pirated all over the place. Unbelievable. Sounds like its gonna get a PS3 release and ya I mean everyone thinks of the PS3 as the premier system for a game of this type. What!?? Telltale have you lost your collective minds? Everyone knows XBLA is the place to go for digital games.

I will not buy this game for the pc or the PSN, way too suck Telltale. :mad:
  • edited December 2010
    We know absolutely nothing of the game other than it exists, way to jump to conclusions and completely ignoring what the TC asked for.
  • edited December 2010
    Shax wrote: »
    Wow no release on XBLA! I don't even know what to say lol. What is Telltale thinking?! They will release the game on the PC which will then be pirated all over the place. Unbelievable. Sounds like its gonna get a PS3 release and ya I mean everyone thinks of the PS3 as the premier system for a game of this type. What!?? Telltale have you lost your collective minds? Everyone knows XBLA is the place to go for digital games.

I will not buy this game for the pc or the PSN, way too suck Telltale. :mad:

You have no idea how hard I laughed at that. What a bunch of BS that is.

And Telltale games have no place in the XBOX community. Everyone there has converted to non stop FPS or 3rdPS play. The games that do try to give some type of new experience to XBOX gamers often don't sell as well (Last I checked Alan Wake didn't sell well) or are multyplatform and sell better on PS3 or PC.

However, we awesome non bias PS3 owners love the idea of new and orginal content. We also happen to love story driven games as well. Do you think Heavy Rain would have sold well on 360? Of course not, I don't think the 360 people would understand the concept. They would play it for 5 mins, wonder where all the shooting is, then switch over to Gears of War or Halo as their brains melt from the lack of substance.
    :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though, I hope it does get a XBLA release. This is Jurassic Park we're talking about. "Everone in the world has the right to enjoy these animals." Uhh.. I mean games. They have the right to enjoy these games.
  • edited December 2010
    Shax wrote: »
    What is Telltale thinking?! They will release the game on the PC which will then be pirated all over the place.

Yes, what on earth is a company that makes primarily computer games thinking in releasing those for PC and Mac?

Seriously, are you just going to repost this same basic rant in every forum? Because I can't wat to see it in the SBCG4AP forum. :P
  • edited December 2010
    (Rude stuff)
  • edited December 2010
    Honestly, I hope that it gets released on PS3...as much trouble as my laptop has with BttF, I can't imagine how much something with more realistic graphics would do to this poor thing...that said, I hope that JP and BttF get released on XBLA eventually as well. :D
  • edited December 2010
    I'll kill myself if the game wont be released on WiiWare!!! I'm serious!
  • edited December 2010
    Having just purchased an XBOX 360 with KINECT, I seriously hope they do BTTF for this platform. I can't aford to go out and buy another system. Took me this long to convince the wife to let me get this one. Of course, if it's available for the Nintendo DSi, Daddy'll just have to confiscate the kids' system for some play time (seeing how my 6 year old son is also a huge BTTF fan <got him a diecast DeLorean Time Machine Mark II for Christmas!!>)!!!
  • edited January 2011
    You have no idea how hard I laughed at that. What a bunch of BS that is.

And Telltale games have no place in the XBOX community. Everyone there has converted to non stop FPS or 3rdPS play. The games that do try to give some type of new experience to XBOX gamers often don't sell as well (Last I checked Alan Wake didn't sell well) or are multyplatform and sell better on PS3 or PC.

However, we awesome non bias PS3 owners love the idea of new and orginal content. We also happen to love story driven games as well. Do you think Heavy Rain would have sold well on 360? Of course not, I don't think the 360 people would understand the concept. They would play it for 5 mins, wonder where all the shooting is, then switch over to Gears of War or Halo as their brains melt from the lack of substance.
    :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though, I hope it does get a XBLA release. This is Jurassic Park we're talking about. "Everone in the world has the right to enjoy these animals." Uhh.. I mean games. They have the right to enjoy these games.

you sound very much like a ps3 fan boy. How does owning a ps3 make you non bias? you sir,(or should i say douchebag), have no respect for this post. it clearly says no flame wars over consoles, but you NON BIAS asshole has to say some stupid shit. Go play with your shitty dildo controller.
  • edited January 2011
    You must have missed the Sarcastic sticker.
  • edited January 2011
    you sound very much like a ps3 fan boy. How does owning a ps3 make you non bias? you sir,(or should i say douchebag), have no respect for this post. it clearly says no flame wars over consoles, but you NON BIAS asshole has to say some stupid shit. Go play with your shitty dildo controller.

Now that's someone who takes things a little too seriously, heres why he probably said his "Fanboy" stuff, if you haven't noticed whenever you look on the internet there's a bunch of people pulling down the ps3 and not many pulling down the xbox360 and when ever someone says one small thing about the ps3 being better or the xbox being worse, everyone says FANBOY!!!, YOU SLEEP WITH YOUR PS3!!!, while at the same time no one ever says that to an xbox user because ps3 owners, either hate thier consoles or never go on the internet, so that's why he gave that statement and at least he said that he hopes it comes out on xbox.

And anything on a forum about things not going on a console will always result in a console war, and just you wait, someone'll be calling me a fanboy next.
  • edited January 2011
    with all the stuff ps3 users gets screwed out of, i sure hope its only a ps3 release, xbox 360 gets so much that ps3 dont get.
  • edited January 2011
    I'll re-iterate it here, we work hard to get games on as many platforms as possible. We absolutely hear the requests for our titles to hit the Xbox 360.
  • edited January 2011
    Guyz, I dont know what all the fuzz is about. Everyone knows that PC is the superior platform, screw all that casual console crap!!! All console players are worthless kiddies, buy a good PC and grow up!
  • edited January 2011
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    Guyz, I dont know what all the fuzz is about. Everyone knows that PC is the superior platform, screw all that casual console crap!!! All console players are worthless kiddies, buy a good PC and grow up!

This is Commander Shepard and this is not my favorite comment in The Citadel.
  • edited January 2011
    I think this topic should be locked before an argument begins, and believe me, an argument will begin, it's just too bad that most people want things to be exclusive :(
  • edited January 2011
    I'll re-iterate it here, we work hard to get games on as many platforms as possible. We absolutely hear the requests for our titles to hit the Xbox 360.

Maybe you should outsource some ports to other developers to keep up with the work.
  • edited January 2011
    Unfortunately to "hear the requests" doesn't necessary mean to care for them.
    At least be honest and say that, for whatever reason, you don't want/can't publish these games on the 360 and that you won't.
    Because the "as many platforms as possibile... excluding Xbox, and you'll never know why" really sounds as mockery.
  • edited January 2011

This really, really made me giggle!!:p
  • edited January 2011
    Jurassic park will release for xbox360? my pc is not meant for games, just use the xbox360! If it is released for PC only and have option not to have played, anyone have any information confirming Jurassic Park for consoles? I'm a big fan of Jurassic Park since child, I would not go without playing, the images released show that will be a great game! So someone can say if it will be released for xbox360
  • edited January 2011
    Jurassic park will release for xbox360? my pc is not meant for games, just use the xbox360! If it is released for PC only and have option not to have played, anyone have any information confirming Jurassic Park for consoles? I'm a big fan of Jurassic Park since child, I would not go without playing, the images released show that will be a great game! So someone can say if it will be released for xbox360
    We haven't announced platforms at all yet other than PC/Mac.

That represents the current sum total of knowledge re: Jurassic Park on console.
  • edited January 2011
    danvzare wrote: »
    I think this topic should be locked before an argument begins

and I think it would be better if all the pointless comments would be deleted and the users who posted them be warned/banned/both.
    danvzare wrote: »
    it's just too bad that most people want things to be exclusive :(

Agreed :(
  • edited January 2011
    Telltale have said they want to get all of their games to all the major consoles, it's just going to take time. Perhaps more time than a lot of people are willing to wait. I'm sure Jurassic Park will make it to 360 at some point, either alongside the PC release or at a much later date.
  • edited February 2011
    I plan on getting this for PS3 and much prefer a disc release over download only. As I did with Warhawk, I'd even be willing to pay a little extra for a disc version.
  • edited February 2011
    I highly doubt they'll bring out a disc version for the ps3, especially when it has such a good download service (compared to its competitors).
  • edited February 2011
    Telekill wrote: »
    I plan on getting this for PS3 and much prefer a disc release over download only. As I did with Warhawk, I'd even be willing to pay a little extra for a disc version.

Well you'll get a dvd after the season is over, and manufacturing of a disc especially a blu-ray is expensive.

So you'll have a disc version just not got the PS3.
  • edited February 2011
    Any chance of the game coming out for Wii? (I'm guessing not)
  • edited February 2011
    Any chance of the game coming out for Wii? (I'm guessing not)

As much as I hate saying this, because I love Nintendo and always have, but I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that Jurassic Park will be on the Wii. If you've seen the screenshots, then you can tell that it's beyond the Wii's capabilities. I hate saying that because I've seen some impressive graphics come out of the Wii(Smash Bros Brawl, the Sonic games[despite being terrible], and most recently The Last Story), but I don't think the Wii can handle it. Not without being pushed to the limits, and most developers outside Nintendo do that. Jurassic Park would need to be severely toned down to work on the Wii, not to mention the download restrictions set through the WiiWare store. Honestly, of the two Universal Games, I expected BTTF to be a Wii game because of it's graphics, but that didn't happen, so don't expect Jurassic Park for it either.
  • edited February 2011
    Well theres still the 3DS with its much more modern shaders.

The whole season on one cart as a retail release, portable, touchscreen controls, 3D. What more could you ask for?

Dinosaurs in three deee! :guybrush:
  • edited February 2011
    The 3DS' graphics are maybe a little above most Wii games for the best of them. MAYBE. I dunno if it would do this game justice.
  • edited February 2011

Now I'm not saying I am, because that is obviously your title, but if I was Commander Shepard, this would be my favorite comment in The Citadel. :D
  • edited February 2011
    Here's to hoping for an Xbox release at the same time as the PC release!
  • edited March 2011
    Well here's hoping it happens then, because I would love to play this game on the 360.

Not much of a PC gamer, and I'm not willing to shell out money to upgrade.

Don't mind if it does end up releasing as one package in 6 months, on XBLA or a retail disc.
  • edited March 2011
    I live in the UK, and our games magazines are usually pretty reliable...and in about three or four preview sections now, I have seen previews for TT's jurassic park videogame.

so is this confirmation its coming to 360? I dont see why the mags would get sent PR shots and stuff otherwise...and I doubt they can just print anything they want without some sort of source.

so whats going on?
  • edited March 2011
    PC version comes out this April. Exact date unknown.
    Console version (ps3 and 360) comes out this fall.
  • edited March 2011
    No conformation for 360. At press events they have been showing of the game on PC using Xbox controllers and that has caused some confusion but Telltale haven't announced what consoles the game will be on yet, only that it will be out on a console this Fall.
  • edited March 2011
    But someone must have passed some info onto these mags...I dont think they can just print anything they like, or they could announce literally anything even if its not true right?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.