R.I.P. JP "Roland Tembo" Actor Pete Postlewaite

VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
edited March 2011 in Jurassic Park
...he died on Sunday, from cancer, aged only 64. Just read it on IMDB. Thought you'd want to know... :(

Comments

• edited January 2011
    That is too bad... I was always sort of hoping he would someday play the Vulture in a Spider-man movie.
  • edited January 2011
    I'll forever remember him as Hakeswill from the Sharpe series, but he did a good job as Roland though.
  • edited January 2011
    I think his most memorable role was as Mr. Kobayashi
  • edited January 2011
    Maybe not everyone knows his name, but everyone knows his face.
    He always played such memorable characters.
    And yes, I always think of Mr. Kobayashi first when I think of Mr. Postlewaite.
    Rest in peace, sir.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2011
    The tributes to Postlewaite in my favourite art blogs are quite numerous, interestingly.

petepostlethwaited.jpg

http://paper-pencil-pixels.blogspot.com/
  • edited January 2011
    nice artwork.pete Postlethwaite was a great actor.
  • edited March 2011
    SparkTR wrote: »
    I'll forever remember him as Hakeswill from the Sharpe series,

Yup.. I Read The Novels And Whenever They Mention Hakeswill, I Don't See The Hakeswill From The Novels In My Mind, I See The Hakeswill From The TV Series...

I Liked Hakeswill, In The Way You Like An Evil Guy But Want Him Dead... And I Think Pete Was A Very Good Hakeswill. Didn't *Look* Right, But Hell, Not Even The Main Character, Sharpe, Looked Right.

Shame He's Dead... But That's The Way Of The World, Ain't It? You Live, You Die...

So Much For "You can't kill me," I Suppose.

Also - Dang, This Is An Old Thread. I Must Start Reading Dates.
  • edited March 2011
    We no longer have Robert"Muldoon"Peck or Peter"Roland"Poselthwaite, both hunters from the JP franchise gone, and this makes me sad..
  • edited March 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I was always sort of hoping he would someday play the Vulture in a Spider-man movie.

My god, he would totally tackle that position as Vulture, that would be great!
  • edited March 2011
    Well at least they can hunt all they want in Heaven with Godmode abilities and shotguns. :)
  • edited March 2011
    Well at least they can hunt all they want in Heaven with Godmode abilities and shotguns. :)

Ohmygod.

I Wanna Go To Heaven Now, Just To Watch Them Do That. :P
Sign in to comment in this discussion.