Telltale's Game Informer surprise is Jurassic Park! (Article online now)

Comments

• edited January 2011
    I always wondered if he was supposed to be related to Sarah Harding or if they having the same last name was just coincidence.
  • edited January 2011
    I hope normal mortals will get to see the screens soon.
    :(
  • edited January 2011
    Hahaha we will be announcing some awesome projects this year, one of them being [redacted] this year.

[redacted] is the title of the new game, in which the main character must uncover parliamentary expenses.
  • edited January 2011
    Gerry Harding, the park's veterinarian.

Sara's Father. :D
  • edited January 2011
    The main characters outfit looks a bit bland.

He should have some Jurassic Park logos on his shirt to make him look like an employee of the park.

Unless he's a fan of Kim Jong-il's personal tailor. :p
  • edited January 2011
    The main characters outfit looks a bit bland.

He should have some Jurassic Park logos on his shirt to make him look like an employee of the park.

Unless he's a fan of Kim Jong-il's personal tailor. :p

Judging by the outfit, and if you are playing as Gerry Harding...it would only be on the front right arm. of the shirt, and centered in the cap.
  • edited January 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Judging by the outfit, and if you are playing as Gerry Harding...it would only be on the front right arm. of the shirt, and centered in the cap.

Well yes, his right arm isn't shown from the front on these pictures.
  • edited January 2011
    Have found the scans too :)

Well, being very very pleased with the visual design and the story (I do hope we will have at least a short encounter with Grant or Malcolm, but I welcome seeing the events from the film from a different perspective and visit movie scenes after they happened), I cant help but feeling a little bit disappointed seeing it will be a semi point n click with QTEs and choosing reactions with cut-scene deaths or actions, though it probably wasnt realisitic to hope for FPS or third person gameplay.

While I'm definetly still excited and WILL play it because its Jurassic Park after all, I just think that I'm not feeling the threat that much when its not real time gameplay but only choose your story and watch the consequences in semi cut-scene form, even if there are a lot of them. I so hope telltale will convince me to the opposite.
    I mean I watched Jurassic Park already, when it comes to a game I wanna be IN Jurassic Park, being immersed with maximum of interactivity, interactive movies cannot achive that so much compared to other gameplay styles, even though I dont wanna say it cant be a good game!

Edit: it says signature puzzles will be a big part of the game. Can someone explain what that exactly is?
  • edited January 2011
    About the new dinosaur:

maybe Troodon, a smaller raptor-like dinosaur, not unfamiliar to most dinsaur fans, with big eyes and considered to be intelligent. His eyes are faced forward and I heard it was a night hunter!

http://www.cbv.ns.ca/marigold/history/dinosaurs/datafiles/troodon.html
  • edited January 2011
    Could it be one of the smaller theropods that not shown in the movie but had their names on the tubes in the cryo chamber.

Segisaurus, Protoceratosaurus or Herrerasaurus.
  • edited January 2011
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    it says signature puzzles will be a big part of the game. Can someone explain what that exactly is?

Adventure-game puzzles, which are metaphorically Telltale's signature given that they make adventure games, will be part of the game. Or maybe you can trick the velociraptor into signing a contract which bars it from eating you. :)
  • edited January 2011
    The Scenery looks great so far,this game will be definetly in my cart as it is available.
  • edited January 2011
    Sounds interesting!
  • edited January 2011
    About the new dinosaur:

maybe Troodon

Troodon will burninate you.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm just hoping there is some Dilo action going on...and I don't think it's Troodon, honestly...because well...the snouts looked a little blunt, and troodies have a massive elongated snout.
  • edited January 2011
    I like the idea of the Troodons... They were on the show Dinosaur Planet on I think Discovery Channel... they were pretty cool on there.

I highly recommend Dinosaur planet, and Walking with Dinosaurs.. The main difference between the two is that Dinosaur planet has a little more personality.. because they name their dinos and give them more of a "story"
  • edited January 2011
    I'm just hoping there is some Dilo action going on...and I don't think it's Troodon, honestly...because well...the snouts looked a little blunt, and troodies have a massive elongated snout.

Where did you see the snout? I only see vague shapes. And Troodons snout isnt that long, at least on most pictures
  • edited January 2011
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Troodon will burninate you.

Wait...TROGDOR?! Oh nooooo! Not what I want to see. :p

I found the scans as well, neat stuff. I do hope that Dilophosaurus makes an appearance as an adult dinosaur and not a little baby this time.
  • edited January 2011
    Where did you see the snout? I only see vague shapes. And Troodons snout isnt that long, at least on most pictures

Look closely at the shadows, you can see they do not resemble a troodon's, and yes it is very much elongated more so than a velociraptor. :)
  • edited January 2011
    Wait...TROGDOR?! Oh nooooo! Not what I want to see. :p

I found the scans as well, neat stuff. I do hope that Dilophosaurus makes an appearance as an adult dinosaur and not a little baby this time.

They would include him as an easter egg IF there was a second SBCG4AP, or y'know, cause he's cool...
  • edited January 2011
    Its hard to tell from that picture what they really look like...
  • edited January 2011
    I'm going to be telling the honest truth...I want to see some Dilophasaurus...other than the rest of the usual dinosaur cast.
  • edited January 2011
    I would love to see Dilophosaurus as well. I always thought it was cool and was dissapointed that it never made it into TLW or JP3. I always though it would make a great threat to deal with seeing how the spit causes you to go blind.
  • edited January 2011
    Agreed! Dilophosaurus was an important part of the first film, they must include it!
  • edited January 2011
    Please yes, the "Spitters" need to be there!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2011
    I cant help but feeling a little bit disappointed seeing it will be a semi point n click with QTEs and choosing reactions with cut-scene deaths or actions, though it probably wasnt realisitic to hope for FPS or third person gameplay.

Yeah, I not only second that, but express my disappointment. I had hoped that QTEs remained console stuff exclusively, they are one of the main reasons I left consoles in my past, and whenever they popped up in PC gaming - like in Tomb Raider Anniversary - the games felt a little bit less good. I just don't get anything from these.

Also, up to now, adventure games with QTEs were the worst, like The Sleeping Dragon (Broken Sword).

Let's hope the serious puzzle gameplay makes up for it. As for the screenshots, I can't say anything, because I haven't seen them yet! :D
  • edited January 2011
    I loath QTE... I think they are usually lazy attempts to avoid creating genuine game play moments.

BUT some of my favorite games have had them... but I still hate those parts.
  • edited January 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I loath QTE... I think they are usually lazy attempts to avoid creating genuine game play moments.

BUT some of my favorite games have had them... but I still hate those parts.

Well unfortunately...those are the new rage in gaming...but now that I think about it...if it does come for PSN...hopefully some Move compatibility...then hopefully the experience will be a little more genuine.
  • edited January 2011
    All that article says is that Telltale have been influenced by Heavy Rain's gameplay mechanics. No specific mention of QTEs. Maybe they're referring to the cinematic experience as a whole, and there will be more direct control than button matching?

While QTEs are a reasonable conclusion to draw, I don't read anything in the Game Informer article that actually confirms they're a major part of the game.
  • edited January 2011
    I hate QTEs too. I had them only in Tomb Raider Anniversary and Spider Man 3, and for me its really nothing but trying to forcefully implement interactivity in cut-scenes, wich feels unnecessary and definetly dont use the potential of games.

I still havent played Heavy Rain though because I havent got a console. Maybe when using enough of them and in varied ways it may feel immersive and like playing the game and not just slightly control a cutscene or trying things out till it not ends up with death.

But I still dont think its an alternative to real gameplay
  • edited January 2011

But I still dont think its an alternative to real gameplay

What exactly is real game play, all game play different styles?
  • edited January 2011
    I don't mind Quick Time Events for the most part. The worst ones though are in the more recent Sonic games. There's no reason to put them there other than to slow you down.
  • edited January 2011
    jp-30 wrote: »
    All that article says is that Telltale have been influenced by Heavy Rain's gameplay mechanics. No specific mention of QTEs.

True. All the article said is that there will be slow think-y parts with puzzles and character development and fast-pasted action-y parts that will demand "a more immediate response" from the player.
  • edited January 2011
    What exactly is real game play, all game play different styles?

With real gameplay I mean having full control over everything and not just having to press a certain button or two at a certain time for having a longer or different cutscene
  • edited January 2011
    So I read my Game Informer and I have to say I am pumped for this.
    The screenshots and what TT wants to do with the game makes me happy.
    I really think they can pull off a great jurassic park game with a great story.

I really can't wait to see more and I hope it hit's both 360 and PS3 so I can get all the trophies and achievements on both consoles.

I'm a huge jurassic park fan and i'm so happy to see jurassic park coming back.
  • edited January 2011
    Just saw and read the two-page article online. Overall, sounds very impressive and promising. I'm particularly intrigued by the mention of there being a new dinosaur with glowing eyes that's nocturnal, right?

My only hope in this regards to a "new dinosaur" is that I hope its a dinosaur that we already know to be on the official "InGen list" sort of speak. Since the game is being declared as taking place on Isla Nublar, we already know there is a well established, official list of "15 dinosaurs" that are present on Isla Nublar. In the film, we see 7 of these 15 dinosaurs. To recall, here is the official 15 dinosaurs of Isla Nublar as accredited by an assortment of film sources (the JP brochure prop for one):

1. Tyrannosaurus Rex
    2. Baryonyx
    3. Velociraptor
    4. Herrerasaurus
    5. Metriacanthosaurus
    6. Proceratosaurus
    7. Dilophosaurus
    8. Segisaurus
    9. Compsognathus
    10. Brachiosaurus
    11. Parasaurolophus
    12. Triceratops
    13. Stegosaurus
    14. Gallimimus
    15. Pteranodon

So "I hope" TT very much you stuck to this list and stayed true and consistent with the franchise. I confess, I'll be pretty disappointed if this "new dinosaur" is not one of these 15 species.
  • edited January 2011
    If the new dinosaur was on that list then my money would be on Herrerasaurus. But i wouldn't be dissapointed if it wasn't one of the dinosaurs on that list.

Also, that's the offical list given to the public! Who knows what other type of dinosaurs they had behind closed doors on Isla Nublar. Hell, there was a Spinosaurs on Site B! So who knows what other dinosaurs went unseen on the first island that wasn't on the list.

Edit: And now that I'm thinking about it. Herrerasaurus would probably be a disappointment for me seeing how it looks too much like the Velociraptor. Unless they gave it a special design (other than glowing eyes) I don't see how special of a new dinosaur it would be. I would rather be surprised by dinosaur that's off the list. Something weird and unexpected like a dimetrodon or something (although they arn't very nocternal are they? lol) But it would be something new and cool.
  • edited January 2011
    Judging by the screens the eyes aren't just glowing they are EMITTING LIGHT. For real? C'mon dinosaurs being prehistoric creatures doesn't mean they were MAGIC creatures...

Ok maybe if someone could reference me a present day animal with that much glow in the eyes I might be convinced.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2011
    PainDealer wrote: »
    Judging by the screens the eyes aren't just glowing they are EMITTING LIGHT.

If you can change your gender at will, the sky's the limit. :D

...I just meant: Give them a LITTLE creative license, OK?
  • edited January 2011
    I do not think they are supposed to be emitting light... just your typical nocturnal reflective eyes.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.