Jurassic Park Unofficial FAQ (Please Read Before Creating Threads)

Comments

• edited November 2011
    BrickMick wrote: »
    Please stop the timezone lectures, it is no excuse!!!
    I completely understand about timezone.

Why was it release at nearly the end of TTG business hours?
    And why is it STILL not available for MAC?
    especially now TTG has my money, I want my product!!!

If the game is not ready to publish, it would have been better for TTG to post an apologetic message this morning saying the release date had been prospered, rather than leaving people waiting. :mad:

I know it's rather difficult. But if it's still being worked on it's still being worked let me ask you this would you prefer something that's not ready for release and doesn't hold up to the quality of the JP Franchise..would you still accept it?
  • edited November 2011
    So i preorder the first round and now the second round, waited most of the day checking the web to see if the download is up. Jurassic park home page says buy now for mac and pc. when you go to download there is no mac version to download.... I would really hate to have bought the game today saying mac version is available now. Then when i go to download the mac version is no place to be found.... TELLTALE is really starting to let me down, If you say a game is coming out on a certain day you release the game that day... don't says its available and then it not actually be available for download....

Then when you go to FAQ hidden nice and small at the bottom it says that the mac client isn't up yet, and there is no timeframe of when it will be.

DONT SAY THE GAME IS UP WHEN ITS NOT!!!
  • edited November 2011
    This is covered in the FAQ at the top of the forum. The Mac version will be up a bit later today. Sorry for the delay.
  • edited November 2011
    BrickMick wrote: »
    Please stop the timezone lectures, it is no excuse!!!
    I completely understand about timezone.

Why was it release at nearly the end of TTG business hours?
    And why is it STILL not available for MAC?
    especially now TTG has my money, I want my product!!!

If the game is not ready to publish, it would have been better for TTG to post an apologetic message this morning saying the release date had been prospered, rather than leaving people waiting. :mad:

Are you 5 years old, or are you a mayfly with the life expectancy of not much more than a day that you simply can not wait, if a delayed game for a few hours really gets you this upset, how on earth do you deal with more serious issues. Really. I don't mean to judge anyone but come on dude. I'm in the UK, I use a MAC, its 1.20am and I think I'll quite happily wake up tomorrow morning and download the MAC version, the game is not going to evaporate over night like your formula milk, now toys back in your pram.
  • edited November 2011
    We have no plans to make the episodes available individually as of right now.

Perhaps not, but if the first episode needs to be split out in order to placate the Blu-ray purchasers, then at least an upgrade bundle will need to be in place, otherwise those who use those vouchers to get the free episode will be sorely disappointed that they would need to re-purchase the first episode to get the rest.
  • edited November 2011
    Just sounds like Mac buyers remorse... Oh I kid.... But seriously you will get your game for the Mac on the 15th US time.. You were OK with getting it on the 15th when you bought it.... They never once said a specific time.
  • edited November 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I know it's rather difficult. But if it's still being worked on it's still being worked let me ask you this would you prefer something that's not ready for release and doesn't hold up to the quality of the JP Franchise..would you still accept it?

No I would not prefer something that's not ready for release,
    but I would be a lot more understanding if they admitted it is not ready a lot earlier.

It is now 5:30 PM PST (again their timezone not mine, any comment about timezones is irrelevant) so there has not been a release in their office hours as they said.
  • edited November 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Just sounds like Mac buyers remorse... Oh I kid.... But seriously you will get your game for the Mac on the 15th US time.. You were OK with getting it on the 15th when you bought it.... They never once said a specific time.

It takes some serious mental gymnastics to arrive at that logic ^

No matter how you spin it, they should not have put the Mac version up for sale if it wasn't available to "download now"

That's whats called a pre-order.
  • edited November 2011
    They are still there at the office and replying here and they said it will be today.
    So IT WILL BE TODAY.

Given the time I'd expect it to turn up within the hour, but they have 6 1/2 hours yet.
  • edited November 2011
    Man people need to stop moaning and let Telltale release their game for your Macholes.

God why is it that people who use Macs are complete assholes?
  • edited November 2011
    Man people need to stop moaning and let Telltale release their game for your Macholes.

God why is it that people who use Macs are complete assholes?

Now now. I don't think that everyone who uses a Mac is an arsehole. That is a silly thing to say, just as saying that everyone who uses a windows machine would not be an asshole. But I'm not getting into the whole MAC Vs PC subject. Yes, I do use both OS's.
  • edited November 2011
    The Mac client is available now.
  • edited November 2011
    For all you eager MAC beavers, the MAC version is now available for download. Be happy, smile :)
  • edited November 2011
    The Mac client is available now.

Are you guys now going to work on getting episode 1 up for the people who redeemed codes? Will it be up tonight?
  • edited November 2011
    hell i cant even download the pc version as it keeps crashing so quit moaning about 1 episode
  • edited November 2011
    Hey I am having some graphics issues with my downloaded copy and the settings menu isn't giving me the option of changing the graphics resolution. Everything is dark and in the shadows. Is the menu screen's background supposed to be black? The in game graphics are pretty much the same nothing but a moving shadow and that's it. I have a few other games that play fine on this computer so what could the issue be? Everything downloaded fine and when I installed it it said direct x was updated and nothing needed to be changed. So whats wrong and how can I fix it?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    Hey supersleuth, would appreciate it if you could post a thread over on the support forum for the graphics issue, you'll get a better response there. Thanks!
  • edited November 2011
    hey can anyone tell me do i have to get gold on every scenario in the first chapter before chapter 2 will unlock? because i finished chapter 1 and when i go to begin chapter 2 it just refreshes
  • edited November 2011
    No, you don't have to get golds in all the scenarios. Can you clarify what's happening exactly when you try to start Chapter 2?
  • edited November 2011
    well i finished chapter 1 and then i click over to start chapter 2 and the stones slide together and when it opens back up it's on chapter 1 selection again, and if i click scenarios for chapter 2 they all have a lock on them

edit: btw i am able to select begin chapter for chapter 2 so i know it's unlocked but it just resets when i click it as i said above
  • edited November 2011
    So is there a save feature or do we just use the scenarios?
  • edited November 2011
    when is it going to be released.. you guys said the 15th well its come and gone.. and i still cant download it
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    If you still can't see a download link on your games page even though you've bought the Deluxe edition for PC/Mac, just send support an e-mail (see the 4th sticky thread for details...).
  • edited November 2011
    I have just noticed that if I choose to quit while playing episode 2 , after the game closes the the smaller Jurassic Park launcher window doesnt pop up, because of this I am unable to relaunch the game as the Jurassic Park process is still running, I have to open task manager an manually end the Jurassic Park process before I can relaunch the game.

I have checked and this doesn't happen if I choose to quit while playing episode 1, I am currently only up to episode 2 so I am unsure if this occurs in any other episodes.

Can anyone confirm this as a bug?
  • edited November 2011
    When I click the links for any of the black JP Logo shirts in the TT store, it sends me back to the main store page.
  • edited November 2011
    When I click the links for any of the black JP Logo shirts in the TT store, it sends me back to the main store page.

It's happening to me too.
  • edited November 2011
    prizna wrote: »
    I have just noticed that if I choose to quit while playing episode 2 , after the game closes the the smaller Jurassic Park launcher window doesnt pop up, because of this I am unable to relaunch the game as the Jurassic Park process is still running, I have to open task manager an manually end the Jurassic Park process before I can relaunch the game.

I have checked and this doesn't happen if I choose to quit while playing episode 1, I am currently only up to episode 2 so I am unsure if this occurs in any other episodes.

Can anyone confirm this as a bug?

ya i think i have this too its just a closed thing where the launcher is

have you gotten to chapter 2? mine reset when i tried to play it
  • edited November 2011
    If you still can't see a download link on your games page even though you've bought the Deluxe edition for PC/Mac, just send support an e-mail (see the 4th sticky thread for details...).

Damn, I thought I could've played this today...emailed support 8 hours ago but I'm 10 hours ahead PST time. I could've got this easier through Steam..unfortunately. :)
  • edited November 2011
    kmmgreen5 wrote: »
    ya i think i have this too its just a closed thing where the launcher is

have you gotten to chapter 2? mine reset when i tried to play it

I got to scenario 2 and it still happens, I click quit, confirm, window closes, no other window pops up, try and re open, nothing happens. I then open task manager and end the jurassic park process and try and re open the game and it opens fine. So far only happens on episode 2.
  • edited November 2011
    Will there be dinosaurs in this game?

:D
  • edited November 2011
    it was easy game did not get stuck on this game i did whant it to be a lillte harder
  • edited November 2011
    I recently read in this forum that there are commentary videos to download only if you have ordered the deluxe edition. Will the commentaries be on the DVD which everybody can get for free (except shipping costs) as well or will the "regular version" buyers never be able to see them?
  • edited November 2011
    No, those videos are exclusive to the Deluxe Edition.
  • edited November 2011
    No, those videos are exclusive to the Deluxe Edition.

Great! I should have known that earlier. Previous "Deluxe Editions" only had exclusive internet access but not exclusive content. Now the price of the Deluxe Version is 10$ higher than before and there does not seem to be a way to upgrade from regular to deluxe edition....*sigh*
  • edited November 2011
    I am confused:confused:

when you buy the deluxe edition for both back to the future and Jurassic park you get the games and all the special stuff that comes with it right?
  • edited November 2011
    The Double Deluxe deal is for both of the Deluxe Editions. They're exactly as they would be if you bought them separately.
  • edited November 2011
    here is a scenes or pics from the game

197869_197208896968768_197208176968840_607379_7055483_n.jpg

Here Is Another.

196369_197208913635433_197208176968840_607380_1372277_n.jpg
  • edited November 2011
    well that's a deal:eek:

One question do i need internet to activate the games? And do i need internet period to play the games at all?

I'm asking because I'm buying it for someone for Christmas and they don't have a internet connection.
  • edited November 2011
    Jurassic#2 wrote: »
    well that's a deal:eek:

One question do i need internet to activate the games? And do i need internet period to play the games at all?

I'm asking because I'm buying it for someone for Christmas and they don't have a internet connection.

Sorry to say it, but yes, you and your friend will need to be connected to the Internet in order to play the game on PC. When you start the game up for the first time, you'll be asked to enter your username and password before you play. Once you've done it, though, it won't ask you to do it again, and you won't need to be connected to carry on playing.
  • edited November 2011
    Well what about this??:confused:

if i activate it on my computer and transfer the game over will it play on the computer without the internet connection? And by username you mean the username to telltale games?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.