Jurassic Park Unofficial FAQ (Please Read Before Creating Threads)

1235»

Comments

• edited November 2011
    And also :eek:

Will there be the manual activation of the game. Like going on the phone to get it activated instead of having internet. Because that would solve my problems indefinitely.;)
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Just to clarify this issue: There is no workaround to get the downloaded PC/Mac game to work without an internet connection. BUT if you bought the Deluxe Edition, you will also be sent the DVD version if you pay P&P (and if you're in the US, you should receive it before X-mas). In all games past, this DVD was completely standalone and required no online activation.

However, if the game is bought with your account, there might be a slight legal problem with giving the DVD copy to a friend. If it comes to this, better ask support whether that would be OK.

If you haven't bought the Deluxe Edition yet, it IS still in store (but more expensive than before release). I don't know for how long it will still be available, so I'm unsure if I really should advise you to wait until Thanksgiving. In the last years, TTG often had a sale that time of year.
  • edited November 2011
    REALLLLY!!!:D:D:D

Thank you for your reply. So you are saying that if i buy the deluxe edition i dont have to activate it over the internet?
    If thats true i'll buy it right now:eek:
    edited November 2011
    I'm sure that there won't be online activation for the standalone DVD, as that would be a completely new thing for TTG to do. But I'm just a voluntary forum moderator - I don't know that officially, it's all based on the experience of previous years!!

Maybe you could wait just a little longer, until this is officially confirmed somehow. The DVDs are not yet printed anyway, they're probably waiting until the very last moment to get them out just in time for X-mas. But please also make sure your friend has a computer that is good enough for the game! ;)
  • edited November 2011
    Oh thank you soo much:D

You have been the most information to me for about 2 days.

I have another question, If it turns out that i do need internet to activate can i return the games back to telltale?
    edited November 2011
    Jurassic#2 wrote: »
    Oh thank you soo much:D

You have been the most information to me for about 2 days.

I have another question, If it turns out that i do need internet to activate can i return the games back to telltale?

Got my confirmation now. ;)
    The DVD version definitely doesn't need online activation. Go ahead - but please remember that this version will only arrive just in time for X-mas, not earlier!
  • edited November 2011
    THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!:D

Now i'm definetly going to buy this.

I have one last question for you though. Will the pc version of back to the future and jurassic park the game be retailed in stores? If not then i'll buy this deluxe pack. Again thanks for all of your help!!!:cool:
  • edited November 2011
    So, for those of us who ordered the Deluxe Edition how do we download the digital soundtrack? Or did we download it when downloaded the game and I just can't find the files because I'm blind?

Edit: lol, never mind. The links are at the bottom of the download page.
    edited November 2011
    Jurassic#2 wrote: »
    I have one last question for you though. Will the pc version of back to the future and jurassic park the game be retailed in stores? If not then i'll buy this deluxe pack. Again thanks for all of your help!!!:cool:

"Real" PC retail versions of Telltale's games are far and few. Mostly, translated retail versions pop up after months or even years in some foreign countries. You can be sure however that even if there might be a retail version in stores someday, it will definitely not be in the next months because nothing is announced right now.
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks Vainamoinen for answering all of my questions!:D
    YOU'RE THE BEST!!!;)

I'll be probably buying the double deluxe edition with all the games.

Again thanks for your help.:D:p:D
  • edited November 2011
    Apologies if this has been answered before...if I downloaded the game, can I upgrade to the deluxe version by paying the difference or would I have to buy the whole package again?
  • edited November 2011
    Apologies if this has been answered before...if I downloaded the game, can I upgrade to the deluxe version by paying the difference or would I have to buy the whole package again?

If you ask the support staff nicely they'll likely let you upgrade to the deluxe without forcing you to buy another copy of the game. They are usually very good about stuff like that.

Their email is support@telltalegames.com
  • edited November 2011
    Yes, send an email to that address, or drop me a PM here with your order number. I'm as accommodating as I can be with stuff like that, so I'll get it taken care of for you.
  • edited November 2011
    Is there still no demo?
  • edited December 2011
    When is the Jurassic Park Deluxe Edition shipping?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2011
    When is the Jurassic Park Deluxe Edition shipping?

Expected ship date (according to the store) is December 15.
  • edited December 2011
    So it is written in the FAQ that everybody who purchased the digital version of JP will be able to get a DVD with paying for shipping only (like always). Since Telltale decided to offer some digital stuff only für de deluxe version does this offer still stand or will you only be able to get a DVD if you purchased the deluxe version?
  • edited December 2011
    MarkoH01 wrote: »
    So it is written in the FAQ that everybody who purchased the digital version of JP will be able to get a DVD with paying for shipping only (like always). Since Telltale decided to offer some digital stuff only für de deluxe version does this offer still stand or will you only be able to get a DVD if you purchased the deluxe version?

They haven't made that option available just yet, but eventually you will be able to order the DVD version if you've already bought the regular version of the game. It could be some time in the new year when that happens, but when it does, they will notify you.
  • edited December 2011
    They haven't made that option available just yet, but eventually you will be able to order the DVD version if you've already bought the regular version of the game. It could be some time in the new year when that happens, but when it does, they will notify you.

Are you sure about this? JP is the forst game which only delivers commentarys when ordering the deluxe edition and the commentaries will not be available to the buyers of the regular version so it could be that thios also applies to the DVD itself. The entry in the FAQ is quite old so it could be that it changed.
  • edited December 2011
    MarkoH01 wrote: »
    Are you sure about this? JP is the forst game which only delivers commentarys when ordering the deluxe edition and the commentaries will not be available to the buyers of the regular version so it could be that thios also applies to the DVD itself.

The commentaries for JP are only available to deluxe buyers as digital downloads, and I know that because I myself have bought the deluxe pack. They're not going to be on the disc itself for either version, if that's what you meant to say.
  • edited December 2011
    The commentaries for JP are only available to deluxe buyers as digital downloads, and I know that because I myself have bought the deluxe pack. They're not going to be on the disc itself for either version, if that's what you meant to say.

Yes, that is what I wanted to say. Thanks for the clearification.
  • edited January 2012
    I got a voucher for the game since I preordered the PC version last year. Is it possible to use it for the PS3 version? Or if I get the PC version, can I download that to my PS3? I ask because my PC died recently, but I still want to play the game.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2012
    I got a voucher for the game since I preordered the PC version last year. Is it possible to use it for the PS3 version? Or if I get the PC version, can I download that to my PS3? I ask because my PC died recently, but I still want to play the game.

Hi Zeke, the voucher is only valid for the Telltale store (i.e. PC/Mac version), and that wouldn't work on your PS3.
  • edited January 2012
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Hi Zeke, the voucher is only valid for the Telltale store (i.e. PC/Mac version), and that wouldn't work on your PS3.

Ok, Thanks. Where do I input the code, the coupon space doesn't seem to accept it.
  • edited January 2012
  • edited January 2012

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be true. Michael Parks just told me in my thread that there are at this moment no plans to release a regular DVD from the game.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=576302&postcount=5

So JP will be the first game where you'll lonly get a DVD Version when buying the deluxe editions. Unfortunately they never mentioned this "little" change in release-politic before so I could have ordered the deluxe edition prior launch. I am really pissed right now!
  • do i really have to pay to have a full version...??????

• Hey, I have the Xbox version and I can't get episode 2. I checked for scratches and found none. Can anyone help?

• If anyone else is having trouble starting the game on Steam on a Macbook Pro (system becomes unresponsive and with graphical glitches of your desktop) you'll need to select ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/JurassicPark/JurassicPark100.app in Finder, click the File menu, select Get Info. You'll see a checkbox for 'Open in Low Resolution'. At that point you'll be able to start it. You may want to play it in windowed mode or else the menus might still be messed up. Note also that you may not see the Library folder, it's hidden by default. If that's the case, just enter this into Terminal to get to the folder: open ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/JurassicPark

• You must complete episode one to be able to move on to episode two, I know from experience, for I have beaten the game more than I can count on two hands.

GunNut250 posted: »

Hey, I have the Xbox version and I can't get episode 2. I checked for scratches and found none. Can anyone help?

• Top Stuff! Thank You!

bdefore posted: »

If anyone else is having trouble starting the game on Steam on a Macbook Pro (system becomes unresponsive and with graphical glitches of you

Sign in to comment in this discussion.