Help Us Choose What Part of Jurassic Park: The Game Becomes The Demo!

Ladies and gentlemen -

We're in the early phases of getting a demo of Jurassic Park: The Game into the wild and we thought we'd check in with the biggest fans of both Telltale Games and Jurassic Park about it! We want you to help us choose which part or parts of the game would make the best possible demo - as most of you have already completed the game you're well suited to answer the call!

I can say with certainty that your input and feedback will be much appreciated!

While a simple vote in the poll will be of great assistance to us, leaving your feedback supporting your choice(s) in the thread would be awesome!

Thanks in advance folks!

Comments

• edited December 2011
    I have chosen the Nima and Miles investigation because this is obviously one of the most suspenseful part of the first episode. I think that when players see this demo they will be hungry for more.:D

Hope you guys choose the right demo for this marvelous game!!!:D:D:D
  • edited December 2011
    I would suggest something from the first episode, probably Nimas search for the canister. Mainly because it's less button mashing and more "exploration".
  • edited December 2011
    Thats true

I never thought of that:cool:

Good pick jpark!:p
  • edited December 2011
    I picked Nima and Miles - Dilophosaurus Encounter Investigation Through Attack - Ep. 1

First off, it's from Episode one. So no need to worry about many spoilers. Also, it's one of the cooler dino encounters. In fact, if you do it through the investigation and end it where she runs in the woods and you see the Trodoons eyes that'll be a great "I want to see more" ending.
  • edited December 2011
    Nima and Miles have my vote.

If it's for the demo, I think starting it at Episode One would be a good choice. The atmosphere and exploration give the gamer a reasonable taste of what the game's going to be like.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Wohooo, spoilers!! ;)
  • edited December 2011
    While hunting down the velociraptor was one of my favorite parts of the game (love the music playing in the background) I don't think it gives a very true representation of the game. In the Nima and Miles part, you get to explore the environment and look for clues in addition to running for your life from dinos. You get to experience a little bit of all the different elements of gameplay JP has to offer.

Also, there is some familiarity with that iconic scene that would make an impression. Seeing Nedry half eaten in his Jeep was definitely satisfying.
  • edited December 2011
    I think the Rex attack from the end of episode one. I just feel it needs a more exciting and engaging part of the series to sell it to people that may only be interested enough to try a demo. Clearly if they are just trying a demo, they may not be the biggest JP fans anyway, so you want something to really impress them. The rex attack does this very well in the first level, imo. However, in the demo they need to stop it before Nima's true character "reveal".
  • edited December 2011
    I chose Triceratops Paddock Puzzle With T-Rex/Trike fight. More stuff happened in it and I think it would be better for the player to spend their time with the protagonist of the game (Gerry), rather than Nima and Miles, who are both secondary characters.
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly? I'd just make the full first episode free, like with BttF. If someone's considering buying this game, it's only fair they have a proper idea of what they're in for.

Failing that, though, I guess I'll go with the Mosasaur scene, since it was one of the few parts of the game to leave a positive impression on me.
  • edited December 2011
    Is this demo patched? Shouldn't there be an actual patch for the full version before a demo is released!?
  • edited December 2011
    Nima & Miles. I personally don't like when an adventure game demo shows a part from "somewhere in the game".
  • edited December 2011
    Any chance of Jurassic Park: The Game for 3DS?
  • edited December 2011
    LOL :D but good idea
  • edited December 2011
    Hermes7282 wrote: »
    Any chance of Jurassic Park: The Game for 3DS?

You are not alone, there is already a place for these pleas :)

Edit: Which you started lol. Never mind.
  • edited December 2011
    Umm, the whole game? Since there was not much in the game to play after all. :(
  • edited December 2011
    That doesn't make sense...:confused::confused::confused:

LOL:D Jurassic Park The Game Is Great:p!

And they can't show the whole game or there would not be any surprises!;)
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with having the demo as the part with the triceratops vs. t-rex. Since that entire sequence is already on the web, no spoilers....
  • edited December 2011
    I pick the end of EP1. That was one of the most coolest scenarios in episode 1 for me. Especially those death scenes! *evil laugh*
  • edited December 2011
    I chose Triceratops Paddock Puzzle More stuff happened in it and I think it would be better for the player to spend their time with the protagonist of the game (Gerry), rather than Nima and Miles, who are both secondary characters and it has the T-Rex/Trike fight you cant go wrong with that. my number 2 pick would be Dilophosaurus Encounter Investigation
  • edited December 2011
    I picked the Triceratops Paddock and Trike vs T-Rex scene, mainly because it was the very first scene that just about everyone had watched back when the game was first unveiled.
  • edited January 2012
    I picked the Triceratops Paddock and Trike vs T-Rex scene, mainly because it was the very first scene that just about everyone had watched back when the game was first unveiled.

Ditto... everyone has seen it, plenty of chances for death and mayhem, and it covers most of the basic button puzzles. The only other place might be the rollar coaster puzzle.
  • edited January 2012
    i always tought that the best thing is to put the first part of the game.
  • edited January 2012
    I chose Ep. 1 Nima and Miles. People don't want to play the demo, buy the game, then in the middle of the game 'Oh, I know everything that happens here, played it in the demo.' Sorta like a spoiler. Well, for me it is...
  • edited January 2012
    When's the demo coming then? It will decide whether or not I buy this.
  • edited January 2012
    Oh that's easy, none of it. If you demo this game how will anyone buy it. Please, by all means make a demo. It will save so many people from buying this garbage
  • edited January 2012
    Lol! A demo! That's a really bad idea if you want to sell more copies of this junk.
  • edited January 2012
    Why two posts basically including the same non constructive criticism?
    Is the first supposed the be a demo of the second one?
  • edited January 2012
    I voted for Nima and Miles but I think I should of picked the Triceratops part, because in the Nima and Miles part you have to hold the button to investigate and it would be a bit misleading because it would lead people to think that you always have to hold a button to continue where as in the Triceratops part you get to know how the rest of the game plays out, plus it was the first gameplay video anyone ever saw of the game
  • edited January 2012
    Lol! A demo! That's a really bad idea if you want to sell more copies of this junk.

Don't flame the game if you don't like it.

Make a Jurassic Park game for me to see if it's better!
  • edited January 2012
    I chose Nima and Miles' dilophosaur encounter. I think it is important for the demo to take place in the beginning of the game, as to not reveal too many of the spoilers later on. I didn't pick the Trike/T-rex part because then you're giving away the only triceratops action in the game (whereas the dilophosaurs appear again later).
  • edited January 2012
    when will this release!!!:confused:
  • edited January 2012
    Don't flame the game if you don't like it.

Make a Jurassic Park game for me to see if it's better!

Pay me the wages that these guys get and give me the recources they get and i would happily make a better game.
  • edited January 2012
    Lukedfrt wrote: »
    Pay me the wages that these guys get and give me the recources they get and i would happily make a better game.

Sure thing, let me pull out my money tree seed and ask Valve for SOURCE and I'll be kind to assist.
  • edited January 2012

Yeah right :rolleyes: Every twelve year old says that...
  • edited January 2012
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    Yeah right :rolleyes: Every twelve year old says that...

Every twelve year old replies with the "12 year old" excuse.
  • edited January 2012
    Every twelve year old replies with the "12 year old" excuse.

Every mature person doesn't reply to morons and move on.
  • edited January 2012

I seriously doubt that. lol
  • edited January 2012
    WOW im 13 and I cant belive how much bickering there is
  • edited January 2012
    I picked "Nima and Miles - Dilophosaurus Encounter Investigation Through Attack - Ep. 1", that was a real whoah moment for me... seeing the Telltale tool engine producing something as great looking as that... that really impressed me!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.