E2 Release Discussion:PC/Mac/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Kindle/Android out now;Vita/PS4/XOne:Nov 4 NA/Nov 7 EU

Comments

• YEA

vivec posted: »

Will this affect TWD ?

• every day is a school day

:kenny

Abel posted: »

Somehow I already looking forward to the hell that the TWD forum is gonna be if something similar happens to TWD. :S Seriously, please PLEASE learn from this situation Telltale.

• Hmm.I think its going to release in 4th Feb or 7th Feb. Latter is more likely though

• [removed]

LOL 4 months what a joke not sure how Telltale hasn't went under yet. Glad to see everyone except 2 or 3 people changed their tune as soon as something was said LOL to be expected.

• Thank God... I was crazy about the release date. Also, there's only one day in the first week of feburary... So the episode 2 is coming day one of feburary :D
    I wish lol

• i want to know if walking dead ep2 is coming this month or not

• reshy maybe you should look at the first post again ?

translation pick one or any : a game breaking bug that stops progress, team member fell ill or had a family emergency, play testers full on hated a story development or choice that is central to story , a voice actor was unable to record ( see team member, heck maybe melissa who is clem).

staticfl posted: »

They thought they were Rick Grimes **tried to add picture... I failed

• It's great that the silence has been broken, but I would be happier if two words were in there. "We're/I'm sorry." No ass-licking, just two words.

• edited January 2014

I am not sure how old some of the gamers here are, but seriously people some of you act like children, even worse than that. Yes there was a long delay, but if you are forgetting work/job are not the only most important things in life. Game developers are humans as much as you are, they don't just go work, work, work etc. They are not your Drones and you certainly are not their Overmind. It is quite obvious that something happened, either on technical or personal level.

So stop with that altitude! I am sick of it! Not only from people here attacking TTG, but for all those people constantly complaining about some shit, and attacking gaming companies . It is true you have to and have the right to complain especially when they messed up something, but gamers today cry like little babies for every small thing. This is a friendly advice to some of you. You can't complain about everything in life! There is a borderline of good taste people! Grow up!

• yeah because of the all ungrateful toerags constantly complaining..

interzoid posted: »

Lol, just noticed that Job J Stauffer has twitted the same two screenshots from the december update and a retweet of kevin's announcement. Must be hard doing PR work for TT.

• you brought up the new games dude ;) ;)

WHO THE FUCK BROUGHT THAT UP? Look telltale already confirmed on these very fourms that they woudln't even consider starting Borderlands and Game of thrones until TWAU and TWD S2 are finished So stop yer bitching :P

• nope.

Bobb0 posted: »

You should rename the company slow and smug games

• Please answer me. Is walking dead ep2 is going to release this month or is it going to release in february like twau?

• edited January 2014

No apology? No acknowledgement about the lack of communication except some vague allusions to unusual circumstances?

Whatever... I barely even remember the name's of the characters at his point. You'd better be very concerned, because many of us won't buy from you ever again after this lack of communication (and no apology)... =/

I guess partying it up at trade shows and doing shots of tequila to seal deals for new IPs is all that matters to TTG now.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited January 2014

We are very concerned about the long delay for this episode, but this is one of those occasions where several things conspired against us (not to mention the additional delays due to the holidays). I won't dive into the details, but it’s been an unusual and specific set of circumstances and we do not anticipate it happening again as we go forward with the rest of the season.

RedCombLP posted: »

No apology? No acknowledgement about the lack of communication except some vague allusions to unusual circumstances? Whatever... I barely e

• Glad there is a date in sight. However, anyone else upset that after buying the first episode and the season pass, that it was free and 33% off on Xbox live? So I paid $20, got to play the first episode, and if I had just waited, I would have gotten the entire season for $10.

• that is the question now i guess. I like both games, but it would be kinda unusual if TWD got ep2 before TWAU.

Please answer me. Is walking dead ep2 is going to release this month or is it going to release in february like twau?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited January 2014

My guess is [Apple] could've been partially responsible for the delay. I can imagine them breaking a nervous sweat at the thought of bare boobs appearing in an app, it'll be interesting to see if there's a censored version for iOS.

....Hmm.

That actually sounds quite plausible. (I'm just a community volunteer mod with no advance knowledge FYI).

However, they still (partially) appeared in the Episode 2 preview even on the App so who knows, though?

e5115271 posted: »

There, writing that statement wasn't so hard now was it? Am pretty sure it didn't take the President and Co-founder to leave a statement, but

• "the altitude"? There. I had to complain about something i guess.

I am not sure how old some of the gamers here are, but seriously people some of you act like children, even worse than that. Yes there was a l

• P.S. It's b.s. the other thread was closed. First you don't acknowledge people's questions and complaints, then you reframe the argument by closing the thread full of their angst so you can make a new one (where plenty of people will fall all over themselves thanking you b/c they are so desperate to play the game).

• "very concerned" DOES NOT EQUAL "We're sorry" !!!

We are very concerned about the long delay for this episode, but this is one of those occasions where several things conspired against us (not

• ttg never divuldge that kind of info..

Reshy posted: »

Still waiting for 'Official explanation for the delay'.

• nope end of feb i reckon.

Hope walking dead ep2 is this month

• Yeah, good... thumb me down for entertaining the crazy notion that they might actually acknowledge people's anger and apologize, EVEN IF it wasn't wholly their fault.

"very concerned" DOES NOT EQUAL "We're sorry" !!!

• I will not be buying nothing else from this company after such a poor management on this game!

• Don't worry, they're very concerned....

djdoubler13 posted: »

Glad there is a date in sight. However, anyone else upset that after buying the first episode and the season pass, that it was free and 33% o

• They said soon after the holidays not early January. Of course anyone who assumed that wasn't exactly being unreasonable.

Kronoss1 posted: »

Guys even though it's nice to hear some update they still haven't said the date. They said 1st week of February, but then remember that they s

• edited January 2014

right so they say

update

we have bad news ep 2 is going to be delayed, we don't know how long for or why this happened we are doing everything we can to sort it out please bare with us we'll have more news as we know it.

forums reaction

RAGE COMPLAINTS, THREATS idemandrefunds, then the surely by now you guys should know what problems can happen if your using the same engine, etc etc..

next update:

ok we have more news guys n gals, seems we found yet another problem so again we are sorry and we will try and get it fixed asap sorry..

need i go on ??

Iamdude posted: »

Nope, not enough. You can't break the silence, not even give an actual date, basically say nothing about what caused the delay and then walk a

• after twau ep2 ?

i want to know if walking dead ep2 is coming this month or not

• I'm super dissapointed in telltale and will seriously never buy a season pass from them again. You save lots of money and time being pissed on these forums if you just buy it on a steam sale when it's finished.

You make really good (if buggy) games, but jesus christ...

• well if you've looked at the comments so far you'll see that wouldn't be enough for some people.

It's great that the silence has been broken, but I would be happier if two words were in there. "We're/I'm sorry." No ass-licking, just two words.

• You guys at Telltale are the living embodiment of ambivalence.

On the one hand I'm happy we finally get to play the 2nd episode, but on the other I'm likely to have a conniption that I have to wait until effing February.

Let's hope you've finally ironed out the bugs in your organisational skills and the next episode (of either TWAU of TWD) doesn't take 3 and 3/4s of a month to finish.

• picking up on someones spelling error is bad form..

"the altitude"? There. I had to complain about something i guess.

• expect it around march ;) that way when it comes in mid/late feb you'll be happier

that is the question now i guess. I like both games, but it would be kinda unusual if TWD got ep2 before TWAU.

• [removed]

• Hold thy tongue, else it get you banned, dang it.

• [removed]

Yeah, good... thumb me down for entertaining the crazy notion that they might actually acknowledge people's anger and apologize, EVEN IF it wasn't wholly their fault.

• The lack of a mea culpa paired with their indication that "things conspired against us" would suggest that this delay was due to troubles with entities outside of Telltale's own development team. I mean, yeah, I guess they could just be lying to save face, but I'm willing to believe them.

"very concerned" DOES NOT EQUAL "We're sorry" !!!

• Thats like saying A murder witness should apologize to the family of the victim........

Yeah, good... thumb me down for entertaining the crazy notion that they might actually acknowledge people's anger and apologize, EVEN IF it wasn't wholly their fault.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.