Why are people so harsh on yvette

13»

Comments

• I do think part of the problem is you don't get enough interaction with her to make up for the unpleasant conversation when she thinks you are Vasquez. Felix is a good comparison in that regard.

I wonder how popular Vaughn would have been if Fiona had witnessed Vaughn's conversation with Vasquez the way Sasha did Rhys and that had been part of the episode.

idk dude i just still feel like people would have been more forgiving of yvette if she wasn't a black woman............................. but obvis theres no way to test that so w/e at this point honestly

• I think part of the problem is what we are shown vs. what we are told. Yvette doesn't get the same screentime to endear herself because she spends most of the story under surveillance and on Helios.

That said, I can definitely see certain fans are...passionate...in their hatred. Which is odd for a character who gets so little screentime.

chordati posted: »

* Maybe she was still lying about not caring because, oh I don't know, she thought she was still talking to Vasquez? * How do you know that

• She did say she considered them to be effectively dead based on what she knew Vasquez was up to and this was her only way to salvage the situation.

I do wonder if she was genuinely trying to get Rhys back alive, and her reaction to the cooler was simply the most insubordinate she felt safe being to Vasquez.

Vold posted: »

Hmm... As I recall Vaughn changed his mind and didn't leak any info... Yvette went all the way... to his location, drop troops and admit

• edited November 2015

Yvette is actually very upset when she sees the cooler, but all she's willing to say to Vaquez is that he's destroyed the echo eye. She tries to warn you not to contact her and that she's being monitored prior to that, Rhys just doesn't process the ramifications until Vasquez is staring them in the face.

This is the same reason I didn't tell Vaughn about Jack. I knew Vaughn had already betrayed me, and that Jack would be considered valuable.

First playthrough I only told Fiona, since I felt I could trust her to not want to sell Jack back to Hyperion.

rachida89 posted: »

I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one that was a bit weary of vaughn... I was really surprised and pissed of when I found out that vaug

• There's a difference between Yvette's and Vaughn's betrayal. Vaughn said that he agreed to work with Hugo but he wasn't actually going to do it. Vaughn could have been lying when he said that, or maybe not. We'll never know. But what we do know is beyond mere words Vaughn didn't actually do anything to betray Rhys. Yvette on the other hand would rather have her friends dead than alive if it would help her career. She actively took part in her betrayal. That is why I find Vaughn a lot easier to forgive than Yvette.

• Because many people don't get the option for it. What I mean is that, almost everyone harms her with Dumpy or the stun baton, wasn't it like 90%? When you do that, she still acts like a dick in the jail, thus a big percent also left her. Of course, if you would have talked with her (not so many people did), she would have been calm in the jail, and many people would have probably saved her, but because more percent of people hurt her, she's still a dick in jail, they saw no reason to rescue her, after she was a dick two times in a row.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.