Mincraft Story Mode Season Pass Disk Issue [2/2/2016: Telltale resolves issues for 360 users]

Comments

• support@telltalegames.com

Been contacting them since late October though and have not gotten a single reply. You can also try submitting a support ticket on https://support.telltalegames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new but that hasn't worked either. They're proving to be a pretty terrible company.

Can someonepleasegive me an email address/telephone number for telltale customer support. They need a stern letter addressing what appears t

• It shocks me that the a designer of such outstanding games should be so shoddy when it comes to customer service and support, and general business acumen. I really, really, really want to remain a fan of Telltale Games, but this is making it very hard. The very best outcome I can foresee is that they suddenly get back to us, admit the problem, post a patch, and even so I'd still hesitate to ever buy another season pass disc from them.

Holorium posted: »

support@telltalegames.com Been contacting them since late October though and have not gotten a single reply. You can also try submitting

• You hit every nail on the head here. There's a lot of us in this same boat, for more than one platform (I'm on PS4).

Your suggestion is a good one, and a PR move that could save Telltale Games a lot of future customer sales they are losing over this. They should verify purchases + send a free download code for the problem episodes. We already spent the money, we just want access to our game. Not too much to ask.

Holorium posted: »

I've purchased the Minecraft Season Pass Disc for the PS3 back in october and have not been able to download and play any episodes other tha

• If you didn't do this already, you also have to remove the USB from the console. To be on the safe side, I removed all my USB Sticks.

Mamasan2k posted: »

Received Telltale's response which was to move all the game data to an other source (USB) then delete all content then restart. Same thing.

• I have been monitoring this thread since Christmas, waiting to see notice of a resolution. My daughter still asks me just about daily 'is it fixed yet'. I finally made an account so I can join the voices of discontent on this forum. Fix this now! It's been long enough. There is clearly plenty of angry voices represented here on this forum to warrant an escalation of effort and/or expense on your part in order to resolve this conclusively, and without convoluted hacks to waste my time.

Iguanahey posted: »

You hit every nail on the head here. There's a lot of us in this same boat, for more than one platform (I'm on PS4). Your suggestion is

• Thread: How do you download episode 2-5 on PS4?

Has anyone been able to download episodes 2-5 on PS4 or am I the only person?

• You and I both have the exact same issue, and both of us are on satellite internet connections. Considering that satellite internet is a bit slower (and sometime has a bit of lag) compared to true broadband, I suspect the root problem is that their servers are timing out the connection attempt too quickly. PSN is more tolerant and connect fine, but the Telltale servers themselves are likely set with too short a connection timeout.

I submitted this hypothesis to Telltale Games earlier in the week, but have yet to hear back from them (or from my original problem tickets submitted at the beginning of the month).

• Sad to say you're far from the only PS4 owner unable to download. There are a number of different issues that cause this, most on other platforms. The problems for the other platforms seem to be resolved (mostly), but we PS4 owners are still waiting for Telltale Games to acknowledge there is still a problem for us, let alone design a patch to fix it.

dwescombe posted: »

Thread: How do you download episode 2-5 on PS4? Has anyone been able to download episodes 2-5 on PS4 or am I the only person?

• You could simply just delete all the Storymode content and let your daughter replay it all. The USB is only in case you don't want to start all over but my son has played each episode multiple times to see if the story plays out differently.

Thank you for responding. However I am referring to episode 4. I am looking for a solution on how to download episode 4 on Xbox 360 without

• Thanks for the reply, Telltale must know that there is a problem on their side. I have wasted a lot of time trying to get this to work thinking it was a setting problem.
    If anyone has been able to download episode 2 on PS4 can they let me know how they did it?

Sad to say you're far from the only PS4 owner unable to download. There are a number of different issues that cause this, most on other pla

• Do you know if I buy each episode separately it will work for PS4 for instead of using the season pass?

Sad to say you're far from the only PS4 owner unable to download. There are a number of different issues that cause this, most on other pla

• Has anybody with a PS4 been successful in downloading episode 2 with a broadband connection? This will prove that the problem is the server timing out. We are on satellite connection also.

It occurred to me today that one of the remaining issues plaguing some users (particularly us PS4 users that can't get the game to acknowled

• Thread: Season Pass for XBox One

so I bought my son Minecraft Story mode season pass disk... For some reason I can't download any other episode... it just says coming soon... the weird thing is that in the bottom right of the screen on the main menu it says that episode 4 is now available... still won't let me download. I can't seem to find anything on the store (Bing's search ability is about as good as my 2 year olds... type in Minecraft and forza 6, battlefield and cars the movie showed up as possible matches).

I searched online and found the exact problem I'm having being reported and that they have fixed the issue...... which has left me a little confused since I'm obviously staring at the same problem. I know I'm connected to the internet and did what the fix says... close the game and reopen while connected. I restarted xbox and retried then uninstalled and retried... still nothing. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I assume the best fix would be a refund... but my son really wants to play.

• Yes, buying each episode separately from the Playstation Store will allow you to download and play them. I'm tempted to return my Season pass disc to the store and pay the extra dollars to do the store downloads instead.

Do you know if I buy each episode separately it will work for PS4 for instead of using the season pass?

• One Xbox solution that seems to work for some people is to play under the parent user account, or make the child account have unrestricted parental access. Being a PS4 user I can't vouch for this, but it's one of many potential problems and solutions for the Xbox versions.

dhannant posted: »

Thread: Season Pass for XBox One so I bought my son Minecraft Story mode season pass disk... For some reason I can't download any other

• I think we should all start contacting the media, specifically websites that review video games. Let them write about how much of a fiasco this has become. Maybe then we'll get Telltale's attention.

• yea we thought the same thing but it didn't help. I actually got a response from tech support this morning... they told me that they already fixed this problem and from what I can tell... told me I don't know how to follow directions.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We have resolved this particular issue, and you should now be able to successfully download Episode 2 using your Season Pass Disc/Digital Download. Please start the game again now while connected to the internet, and Episode 2 should update to show as available to download without purchasing it.
    Please make sure that you have completely exited/closed out of the game. To verify, highlight the Minecraft: Story Mode icon, then press the Menu button on your controller and select Close from the pop up menu. Now start the game and you should receive the internal update to show Episode 2 as available to download using the Season Pass disc. You may need to close out of the game and start the game again while connected to the internet a few times in order for the update to take effect.
    If the issue persists, please do a search for the episode in the Xbox Live Marketplace on your console, and it should be displayed there as Purchased and free to download to your console, as you own the Season Pass for the game. Download and Install the episode, and then start the game while connected to the internet, and the game should update to show Episode 2 as available to start from the Play menu.

They obviously didn't read my email because I pointed out that they hadn't fixed the issue judging by this thread... I also pointed out that I had already done the above mentioned. Hell in the store searching Minecraft: Story Mode brought up 3 unrelated titles... way to go Bing! (just another sad Microsoft attempt to do something worth while).....

One Xbox solution that seems to work for some people is to play under the parent user account, or make the child account have unrestricted p

• Glad, to know we're not the only one! My son and I so frustrated and thought we are doing the wrong thing!
    I hope they are going to do something about this soon!

Thread: How do you download episode 2-5 on PS4? Has anyone been able to download episodes 2-5 on PS4 or am I the only person?

• Well, after deleting all Story Mode episodes and then re-downloading them 4 times, we finally are able to download episode 4 for free now. I would suggest you move all story mode episodes to an external drive if possible, then delete all Story Mode files from the console. Then you'll have to download the Story Modes again, you may have to do this more than once. You should also be sure to close out of the game just to be safe and then just keep trying. If you don't have an extra storage device to save your previous versions, I'm not sure what to tell you other than you'll have to replay them I guess.

• Well, after deleting all Story Mode episodes and then re-downloading them 4 times, we finally are able to download episode 4 for free now. I would suggest you move all story mode episodes to an external drive if possible, then delete all Story Mode files from the console. Then you'll have to download the Story Modes again, you may have to do this more than once. You should also be sure to close out of the game just to be safe and then just keep trying. If you don't have an extra storage device to save your previous versions, I'm not sure what to tell you other than you'll have to replay them I guess.

dhannant posted: »

yea we thought the same thing but it didn't help. I actually got a response from tech support this morning... they told me that they alread

• ep 4 says I'm not allowed to play unless i pay 4.99 dollars, AND I HAVE THE SEASON PASS! why am i not allowed to play? it would be nice if you guys reply.

• I've been waiting for a reply to my ticket since January 5th. And my problem is something that nobody else seems to know anything about.

Don't expect a quick answer to your ticket. I entered a ticket four days ago and there's not yet even an acknowledgement. I imgaine they'r

• What console are you using? We are on PS4 with the season pass and are unable to download Episode 2! When I select play and then attempt to select episodes 2-5 it comes up with "Network Unavailable, Please connect PS4 to PSN." I think the problem is with the Telltale game communicating with the PSN. Every other game works correctly with the PSN. I have completed a internet check and it says connection to PSN successful!

ep 4 says I'm not allowed to play unless i pay 4.99 dollars, AND I HAVE THE SEASON PASS! why am i not allowed to play? it would be nice if you guys reply.

• if you make a new psn account and choose united states creat the account sign up to psn and load up your minecraft story mode disc up download the episodes
    then once u got them and there installed go back to your other psn account being the uk one i can confirm this

Glad that works for you! There seem to be a lot of different issues with different solutions. I hoped your solution would work for me, but I'm on a US account with a US "E-10" disc. One of these days we'll be able to play episodes 2-5!

• if you make a new psn account and choose united states creat the account sign up to psn and load up your minecraft story mode disc up download the episodes
    then once u got them and there installed go back to your other psn account being the uk one i can confirm this

• I wouldn't count on it.

I just heard back from the ticket I opened almost a month ago. In that ticket I listed all the troubleshooting steps I had taken, and included my hypothesis that part of the problem was a too-short timeout setting on the Telltale server connection process.

Their response? A cut-and-paste email with two suggestions: make sure I am connected to the internet, and make sure I am using the North American game version and not the UK version. -sigh-

Mfeisty posted: »

Glad, to know we're not the only one! My son and I so frustrated and thought we are doing the wrong thing! I hope they are going to do something about this soon!

• I'm kind of hoping for a similar intro to the first episode. By intro, I mean the old order's introduction. I can honestly see all of our gang members to be introduced by their classes. For example: Petra the valkyrie, who may seem epic and badass, but deep down under her mask, there is more badassness; Olivia the mechanic, you don't want to challange her mind, seriously, don't; Axel the thief, [the lines here were stolen last night]; Lukas the builder, even thought he can build well, that doesn't mean he don't know how to break things; and Jesse the leader, who's the... uh, um... err, huh? Uh, where was I -- Oh, and Jesse!

• Thread: PS3 Minecraft Story Mode Season Pass disc still not working, says only "Purchased: Coming Soon"

So I have been going back and forth with this issue with it taking sometimes 2 weeks between responses from the Support people and this issue is still not resolved. I have the Season Pass disc for Minecraft Story mode on PS3 in the UK and no matter what I do it just simply says "Purchased: Coming Soon" on episodes 2, 3 and 4. I have followed the advice of the support people to have the disc in the machine, go to the PlayStation store and they should be free to download but they are not. No matter what I do this just will not work. The game is up to date, as is the console (as of yesterday) and non of the advice I am getting is working.

Please can someone do something to sort this out! My 11 year old daughter is beyond disappointed with the only thing she really wanted for Christmas and all she can do it watch other people play it on YouTube! My support ticket ID is #66159

• Hmmm... Jesse the architect/builder/fighter/enchant, one of every of the skills that the others have, which is why he/she is the leader

MarteenPyro posted: »

I'm kind of hoping for a similar intro to the first episode. By intro, I mean the old order's introduction. I can honestly see all of our ga

• I know where you are coming from! We have been emailing support also but still no fixes. We are on PS4 in Australia so sounds like a PlayStation Network issue.
    Pretty disappointed with Telltale's responses. I don't think the can purchase a playstation and a disc on their budget to try their own advise! We may have to do a fundraiser to donate them one!
    I think if you purchase episodes individually it may work but I would like to hear that someone that has been successful first. I have asked Telltale if anyone has been successful on a PS4 with a season disc but they refuse to answer any of my questions.
    It is pretty bad having so much negative responses on their own community wall. I bet there are more people out there that have not even bothering responding.
    I look forward to a fix for my son rather then continue being told to delete the game and try again with I have tried that too many times!

DanDufaur posted: »

Thread: PS3 Minecraft Story Mode Season Pass disc still not working, says only "Purchased: Coming Soon" So I have been going back and f

• Thread: Has anyone been able to use their Season Pass Disc to download Episode 2?

I have a theory I would like to prove.
    If you have been unsuccessful in downloading Episode 2 using a Season Pass Disc can you reply to this post?
    Could you also state what console you are using so we can have an understanding on what does and does not work?
    Hopefully I can go back to Telltale with evidence and get this problem sorted.
    Thanks!

• I have a theory I would like to prove. If you have been unsuccessful in downloading Episode 2 using a Season Pass Disc can you reply to this post? Could you also state what console you are using so we can have an understanding on what does and does not work? Hopefully I can go back to Telltale with evidence and get this problem sorted. Thanks!

• Yup :)

NorthStars posted: »

Hmmm... Jesse the architect/builder/fighter/enchant, one of every of the skills that the others have, which is why he/she is the leader

• I think you should see: https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/101385/attn-minecraft-story-mode-players-who-purchased-through-telltale-store-episode-2-update

But if you talking about Season Pass, see Minecraft Story Mode Season Pass Disc Issues discussion page, you'll found many answers to your Season Pass Disc, but if you didn't found it, feel free to request a ticket to Telltale Games Support Center

• I have read that link and no answers there! I have read the majority of the other discussions and nothing there that works either, only a lot of angry customers! I currently have four active tickets currently with no fixes! My theory is that no-one has been able to download episode 2 on a PS4 with a season pass, which is what I want to prove!

• Thread: minecraft story mode episodes 2-5

Its even better now! i logged in the as myself (the adult) and now the software is asking to purchase seasons 2-5 although i have a purchased a season pass. This software is sh!t and i really do not know how they can sell it knowing there are problems, especially having checked this forum and find other people were in the same boat and there is still no solution.

When is it going get sorted?

• Have any of you UK ps4 users tried setting up a us psn account and then tried to download the other episodes? I've just done this and was then able to download them.

Once complete I was able to switch to my UK account and play them as normal.

I wonder if a batch us disks were shipped to UK stores.

• Works fine for me. :/

• will does not work for me, i tried reinstalling the game twice

This discussion has been closed.