Mincraft Story Mode Season Pass Disk Issue [2/2/2016: Telltale resolves issues for 360 users]

Comments

• After 7 weeks of waiting I finally got a response back from telltales telling me to create a new playstation account in Europe, once I did that I was able to download the new episodes. BUT, now they have no sound - other games do, so I know it is not the PS4 - Words cannot express the frustration I have with Telltale, my kids have been patiently waiting to play this and now they got teased yet again.

dwescombe posted: »

I have read that link and no answers there! I have read the majority of the other discussions and nothing there that works either, only a lo

• If you haven't tried this already: If you have an EU PSN account, create a US account and try to install them using that account. If you have a US PSN account, create an EU account and try to install the episodes using that account.

7 weeks of waiting for my ticket to be answered and that was the solution, with a big caveat: Now I have the episodes 2-4, but I no longer have any sound for the game (any episodes). My kids were in tears after this latest tease by Telltale.

If anyone has a solution to the no sound problem please let me know (other games work so it is not the hardware, and I tried changing settings for sound and music volume in game and that didn't work).

• For PS4 (maybe 3 too?) users, If you haven't tried this already: If you have an EU PSN account, create a US account and try to install them using that account. If you have a US PSN account, create an EU account and try to install the episodes using that account.

7 weeks of waiting for my ticket to be answered and that was the solution, with a big caveat: Now I have the episodes 2-4, but I no longer have any sound for the game (any episodes). My kids were in tears after this latest tease by Telltale.

If anyone has a solution to the no sound problem please let me know (other games work so it is not the hardware, and I tried changing settings for sound and music volume in game and that didn't work).

• i posted on the forum about this problem and a moderator moved the post and closed it down. I had already tried their solution but it did not work on my xbox one, cannot download episode 2 onwards with the season pass i purchased. Its disgusting, maybe the world needs to be told how rubbish their software is.

I have read that link and no answers there! I have read the majority of the other discussions and nothing there that works either, only a lo

• Jesus fuckin Christ telltale this is bad after ALL this time there's still issues with the physical copy

• it must be so, why sell it when they know it does work properly?

TheGeek11 posted: »

Jesus fuckin Christ telltale this is bad after ALL this time there's still issues with the physical copy

• my son is trying to download season 2 on the ps3 but he is unable despite owning the season pass disc. reading the above info he says when he has the game open and selects the episode menu, episode 2 isnt highlighted so he cant down load it. dont want to spend more money on new seasons when the disc was expensive enough

I have a theory I would like to prove. If you have been unsuccessful in downloading Episode 2 using a Season Pass Disc can you reply to this

• I now have a current EU and a US PSN account now and a EU disc and live in Australia. Still will not work on PS4. Cannot download episode 2.Created and switched to a new user also. I have ran out of ideas! Telltale support must have ran out of ideas also as they will not respond to my email. Too gutless to give out a support phone number. They are just sitting back hoping the problem goes away!

• We have the exactly same problem on PS4. From what I can work out no-one is able to use a season pass on PS3 or PS4. Hopefully they will sort it out soon.

daisygirl posted: »

my son is trying to download season 2 on the ps3 but he is unable despite owning the season pass disc. reading the above info he says when h

• I now have a EU and a US PSN account to no success. I have a EU season disc and live in Australia on PS4. What console are you using? I also created and used a new user with the US account. I am so over deleting and re-installing the game, I hope they look into this soon!

AngryDad posted: »

If you haven't tried this already: If you have an EU PSN account, create a US account and try to install them using that account. If you h

• Ugg they keep consolidating threads, so I apologize for the redundant posts. As for what I have, I have a PS4 I bought in Germany, the game disk I bought in Bahrain, and my original PSN account is based in the US. I now also have an EU PSN account and now episodes 2-4 work minus sound.

dwescombe, does PSN also have an Asia/Pacific account you could try?

Part of why this is so infuriating to me is it is all related to Telltales copy protection scheme. They are willing to put their customers through the ringer in order not to lose some sales piracy. So its us, the honest people who have purchased legitimate copies, that get punished.

• An absolute Joke!

• So I just wrote a long comment about problems and how upset I am and only the first few words get posted.......nice!

• They have a PS Australian web site which when you check your account it transfers you to the EU account. As far as I am aware you cannot create a Asia/Pacific account.

AngryDad posted: »

Ugg they keep consolidating threads, so I apologize for the redundant posts. As for what I have, I have a PS4 I bought in Germany, the gam

• That was my hypothesis too, and since I'm forced to using satellite internet (with up to 3 second, not MILLIsecond, latency) I'm officially boned if that's the problem and they're dismissing this issue as "fixed." But I also found an interesting problem with my PS4, when trying to reconnect to my WiFi. For some reason, my router doesn't recognize that the IP address (192.168.1.248) is occupied, even though it's my network's DHCP. The PS4 was also not pulling back the DNS information properly. This all "fixed itself" inside of an hour, but for that hour, it left me wondering if this was a PS4 problem, a PSN problem, or a Telltale problem.

Iguanahey posted: »

I wouldn't count on it. I just heard back from the ticket I opened almost a month ago. In that ticket I listed all the troubleshooting s

• It works properly for some users but not others. I suspect that people with slow or laggy internet connections (I have satellite internet) get timed-out during the Telltale Games server connection for the verification process, but nobody in Telltale Games support has responded to my tickets with that suggestion.

apwade13 posted: »

it must be so, why sell it when they know it does work properly?

• Telltale's Support Center has updated to clarify they fixed the issues for Season Pass Disc Owners on Xbox 360. I have updated the first post with this information as well.

Support Center article: [Xbox 360] My Game Is Asking Me To Purchase Episode 4, But I Own The Season Pass

[RESOLVED FEB 02]

EDIT on FEBRUARY 2ND: UPDATE IS NOW LIVE

>

We have now released an update that we believe will resolve this issue and allow you to download Episode 4 for free using your Season Pass disc.

>

Please start the game while connected to the internet, and you will be prompted to update the game to the latest version. After you download and install the update, open the Download Content Menu in-game, and Episode 4 should appear as 'Purchased but not Downloaded.' You should then be able to select Episode 4 and download it for free using your Season Pass.

>

If you were also prompted to purchase Episode 2 or 3 from this issue, this update should also allow you to download these episodes for free using your Season Pass.

• Now if they would only fix this problem on the PS4 too...

Telltale's Support Center has updated to clarify they fixed the issues for Season Pass Disc Owners on Xbox 360. I have updated the first pos

• Oh boy, this fills me with hope and aspiration. /sarcasm

• edited February 2016

[removed]

• they dont no how

Now if they would only fix this problem on the PS4 too...

• telltale games sucks they dont no how to fix it they need there License takeing away

TheGeek11 posted: »

Jesus fuckin Christ telltale this is bad after ALL this time there's still issues with the physical copy

• they dont cear if it dont wrok they got there money on it they need to go back to school to learn how to make games

apwade13 posted: »

it must be so, why sell it when they know it does work properly?

• edited February 2016

So, I think I may have found the culrprit for why the PS4 episodes won't download for some of us. I did a quick search through the PlayStation store, actually contemplating giving Telltale even more money by buying the episodes when I noticed only episodes 1, 2, and 4 were showing up. Now, if I selected episode 4, then episode 3 shows up, but in a simple search, it doesn't. If this is giving PSN a problem, then maybe it's giving Minecraft Story Mode a problem too. I guess it's as good a guess as any, but quite seriously Telltale, fix this issue. I didn't pay $30 to not play this game.

I have pictures to show all of this, but for some reason, I can't embed them into this post. I tried a few different times before just giving up.

• Thread: FIX SEASON PASS!!!!

On my PS3 I bought the season pass disc for my birthday but when I want to download another episode (not episode 1) it still says coming soon but it's already out it shouldn't say coming soon. It even said that episode 4 is out on the title screen but in the episode screen it still says coming soon I even have internet but still nothing and IT ONLY LETS ME ACCESS EPISODE 1!!!!! Fix please I need episodes

• edited February 2016

I actually got some helpful replied from Telltale Games support staff the last few days, and we've been exchanging emails with some suggestions on resolving the PS4 issues that I haven't seen elsewhere.

Unfortunately they didn't work for me, and today they said they were all out of ideas. They directed me to return my copy to the store so I could get the money to purchase the download directly from the Playstation Network. Since I submitted my ticket a month ago, and I purchased this as a Christmas present a month before that, I certainly can't return it for a refund (and they would only exchange for the same disc anyway since it was opened). -sigh-

Anyway, here's one thing they suggested that may help some of you: when everything is working properly you should be able to download the episodes for free from the Playstation Store without ever going into the game itself, at least when your disc is inserted before entering the store. Supposedly having the disc inserted allows the license on the disc to be recognized by the Playstation Store.

If it still shows up as a $4.99 per episode purchase, try going into the Playstation Network account settings, and choose "Restore Licenses." This should cause all your purchased game licenses to be refreshed on your account, thus allowing the Story Mode license to trigger the free download option from the store.

This suggestion didn't help me. It seems the license was never verified in the first place, so restoring it didn't do diddly. Still, perhaps it will help someone out there.

• I will try this as soon as I get home tonight. It sounds promising, but I suspect, like you, my licenses were never "verified" either. No idea how to do that, and without even so much as an instruction manual, how would we know to do that?

I actually got some helpful replied from Telltale Games support staff the last few days, and we've been exchanging emails with some suggesti

• Oh boy...7 working days to get my first response from Telltale. That's a sign of great customer support.

• As I suspected, it didn't work. I guess I'm just going to have to accept that Telltale either doesn't know, or doesn't care what's causing the problem.

Nychold posted: »

I will try this as soon as I get home tonight. It sounds promising, but I suspect, like you, my licenses were never "verified" either. No idea how to do that, and without even so much as an instruction manual, how would we know to do that?

• HOPE THIS HELPS! i had the same problem with Game of thrones. No matter what i did it said i had to pay for it. If you are on Xbox One do a hard reset after its downloaded. I did hard reset and turned it back on, BOOM FIXED! It let me downloa episodes 2-6.

• episode 3 is not working on MCSM

• Thread: PS4 Some assistance in geting Episode 2 working ( Season Pass disk )

We bought this disk at Christmas as a present from Amazon uk to use with a uk psn account. My son has played Episode 1 to completion.

When we go in to the Epiosodes menu we are told that Epiosode 2 ( and all subsequent episodes ) are "purchased. Coming Soon!".

My understanding was that subsequent episodes had been released. There is support forum article called "[UPDATED] I Own The Season Pass Disc But Cannot Download Episode 2".

We have followed the instructions on several occasions without any change to the availability of episode 2. I am assuming that other episodes are available.

We're definatley connected to the internet ( Denstiny works fine ).

Whilst I have rasied a support call, any assistance would be gratefully received,

Thanks

• Hi, there.
    Is there going to be a physical disc release?
    I mean an actual physical copy, not just a season pass disc.

• So can we be refunded for the game if these episodes do not unlock?

• You are not the only one! We have a PS4 in Australia and purchased the Season Pass Disc from our local EB games store before Christmas. Basically Telltale support have told me it is a problem with the PSN and it is too hard for them after more than a month and to contact PlayStation. (Don't expect Telltale to be quick to respond!) Within a few days PlayStation have told me that disc is a European disc and will not work in Australia. I forwarded the email to Telltale and they tell me I need a European Account but the disc will work in Australia. After trying this along with a number of rubbish fixes we still cannot download episodes 2-5. I contacted EB Games and all their discs are European. Basically had a gut full! sick of wasting time and organized a refund for the game! Good luck you guys!

• Thread: why cant i play all episodes with season pass disc

Got the season pass disc on ps4 but I can only play episode one why cant I play the other episodes

• There are a ton of problems with it. I'm not sure if they've provided a fix for the ps4 version yet

• It's a LOT faster than most of us, so perhaps the response time is improving. Or else they're over the glut of Christmas purchase problem tickets, which I suspect is more likely.

Nychold posted: »

Oh boy...7 working days to get my first response from Telltale. That's a sign of great customer support.

This discussion has been closed.