The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Hopefully you get better mate. You don't deserve this painful experience.

Had my surgery earlier this morning, finally feel decent enough to be able to type. The good news is that the tear to my labrum wasn’t as ba

• Oof that sucks, panic attacks aren't fun. May you have a quick recovery!

Had my surgery earlier this morning, finally feel decent enough to be able to type. The good news is that the tear to my labrum wasn’t as ba

• edited August 2022

Telltale confirmed that Wolf 2 won't be making an appearance in Gamescom, just The Expanse.

Now that I think about it, the only times Telltale (granted it was old Telltale) had ever really showed off gameplay was for The Walking Dead: Final Season and Minecraft: Story Mode because they actually attempted to change things up for those. I wonder if this means that Expanse will play differently from Wolf 2 in order to set itself apart, which is why they seem to be hyping up the reveal.

• Oh man, where did I miss the comment that you got injured?! And you had to go under the knife to fix it?

Oof, I'm glad it sounds like it went well though. Rest up well, I wish you the best of luck on a smooth and easy recovery!

• @AronDracula Much appreciated my dude. Hopefully all is well with you as well, I know you’ve been having some issues with your step dad. Hope you’re able to get it all straightened out.

@lupinb0y Thank you, and no they are not. Had no idea what was happening at first, just started hyperventilating and freaking out. I was feeling nausea, my right arm was completely numb from the nerve blocker so it was messing with my brain a bit, it was just a scary sensation.

@AChicken It was arthroscopic surgery, so while I was under, it’s not like I got seriously opened up, more so a few holes. Happened a little over a year ago really, was at the gym doing benchpresses and felt a weird pain in my right shoulder (bad form and years of pitching didn’t help). Thought it was a pulled muscle, but after a few weeks it didn’t heal up. Went to my doctor and did a couple months of PT, that did nothing. Tried again to see if it would go away, no such luck. Eventually had an MRI done, found tearing in some areas. Could have went with cortisone injections, but that would just mask the pain. Being 24/25, in good health, and no history of injuries, I just chose to go for surgery and had it scheduled for August, that way I can still have some time to do the things I want to do and get affairs in order.

• Thank you for the concern. I am doing fine right now. I am back home in Netherlands, doing some renovation for my new home, I signed up for my final year of college and I got my gaming desk and chair back from my old home. It's all good for now.

@AronDracula Much appreciated my dude. Hopefully all is well with you as well, I know you’ve been having some issues with your step dad. Hop

• edited August 2022

I saw the other day they said it would be a while before another update. I think game awards we will probably get a new Wolf 2 trailer and then after that probably another sit down like before. There we will probably get a release and then they'll probably go for one more bigger update/marketing push thing closer to release.

By the looks of it Expanse seems like it is going to show actual gameplay rather than just cinematics. I think they probably will play differently but keep that third person exploration narrative game feeling.

lupinb0y posted: »

Telltale confirmed that Wolf 2 won't be making an appearance in Gamescom, just The Expanse. https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1560

• I think they probably will play differently but keep that third person exploration narrative game feeling.

Yeah I don't imagine they'll ever get rid of that, but I wonder what the new "gimmick" will be.

Poogers555 posted: »

I saw the other day they said it would be a while before another update. I think game awards we will probably get a new Wolf 2 trailer and t

• I don't know nothing about the Expanse but it sounds almost like the game will be a bit smaller scoped? Seems like its about the fate of a smaller ship in space, so I wonder if there is a major focus on crew and stuff.

Gameplay I wonder may even have some light combat or something but that is probably a stretch. Does look like it will have much better zero gravity exploration stuff based on that footage. (basically what gotg wanted to do)

I think they probably will play differently but keep that third person exploration narrative game feeling. Yeah I don't imagine they'll ever get rid of that, but I wonder what the new "gimmick" will be.

• edited August 2022

I wonder when The Expanse is going to actually release? It was announced only in Dec and we are already getting a reveal with gameplay. Obviously Deck 9 was already established fully so it was probably easier to start dev, but it almost sounds like Expanse might be finished before Wolf 2, which I wonder if marketing wise if thats what Telltale wants. (as of now due to Wolf 2's larger focus and in general feels like it makes more sense to be the big come back game)

• It is a bit strange to think we might get the Expanse first, if we've got gameplay already.
    Wolf 2 would be the better debut pick given it's so well-associated with TTG already.

We do have a release window for Wolf 2, whereas Expanse still has none of that. But that might change when Gamescom rolls around.
    I might need to check out that TV series show sooner than later.

I wonder when The Expanse is going to actually release? It was announced only in Dec and we are already getting a reveal with gameplay. Obvi

• edited August 2022

Jesus wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

• edited August 2022

I think its smarter to release the expanse first (if its really closer to releasing) just to showcase what new telltale has going on; even if most of the work is by Deck Nine.

I wonder when The Expanse is going to actually release? It was announced only in Dec and we are already getting a reveal with gameplay. Obvi

• Everyone here in a nutshell:

dojo32161 posted: »

Hahaha... https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1561763285577240576

• Anyone got any predictions of what will be seen in the trailer?

• I just hope Geoff Keigley keeps this and the Expanse trailers far, far apart in the presentation so as to not confuse the two as both Telltale projects

Anyone got any predictions of what will be seen in the trailer?

• o no

• Cringe jokes, forced references, and cartoonishly one dimensional characters

Anyone got any predictions of what will be seen in the trailer?

• Hearing that the Knights of the Old Republic remake has changed developers after the original devs fucked up their attempt at it.

I really hope this turns out good, I want to play KOTOR in some form, and since I’m not a PC gamer, I really need this to turn out well.

• new tales trailer description leaked

Song you've heard before
    This sure is a wild wacky place!
    explosion
    head blows up
    "ewwwww!!!"
    THIS OCTOBER
    "WHAT!? ALREADY!?"
    MEET SOME NEW FRIENDS!
    the worst character models you've ever seen
    AND VISIT SOME OLD ONES!
    people
    ** BOOM FADE BLACK**
    Rhys walks into frogurt shop with Vaughn

Wow! Haven't we done this before! Haha!

The frogurt I mean! Give me my usual, you know the one! What else would I be talking about?
    wink wink
    Vaughn vigorously shits himself

• Wanted to see what time the Gamescom Opening Night Live will start so that I could watch it live for The Expanse but it'll be at 4am in my time so fuckin' RIP.

• Hey guys, I found out who stole Randy Pitchford’s thumb drive

new tales trailer description leaked (Spoiler)

• edited August 2022

The Driftwood cancellation hurts the most considering it was a whole new original movie. Plus the art looked great and the story sounded really interesting. At least the other movies and shows here have a second chance at life.

Boy howdy that Warner Discovery merger gets worse the longer it goes on. https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1561802257565650944 h

• It's recently been leaked that Sony and Arrowhead Studios have Helldivers 2 in production and I couldn't be happier. (Further proved by the fact they took it down via DMCA)

Been crossing my fingers for a sequel to that for a long time now. Great isometric twin-stick shooter that would do great with a bunch more content iterating on the solid foundation already present.

I doubt it'll show up at gamescom but maybe a September State of Play seems very likely.
    Another reason to get a PS5 now it seems woohoo!

• Gotta say, I think the Expanse has the best graphic and visual design Telltale has made so far. Granted, this might be due to Deck Nine's help but I am glad to see an advantage for this design in Telltale's career. They also seem to improve the gameplay, seeing that they kept going with the over-the-shoulder view. With all that said, those aren't enough for me to buy this game due to having zero knowledge about the Expanse IP.

• Haven't seen the Expanse either, but I think it helps that this game is a prequel for one of its characters. Though, most interesting thing about the trailer for me is the hook of an entire crew getting beheaded and their heads displayed without the ship being salvaged. That gets me curious.

AronDracula posted: »

Gotta say, I think the Expanse has the best graphic and visual design Telltale has made so far. Granted, this might be due to Deck Nine's he

• I dont know how I really feel about the Expanse footage as I really know nothing about the show and the behind the scene thing didnt really do much for me for me to want to get invested in the world. Hopefully a full story trailer may change my interest.

One thing of note though is it does release next Summer, which I think does mean Wolf 2 will release first half of 2023. I mostly say this because AdHoc has moved on to another project based on their website. So it seems Wolf 2 is pretty far along at this point for them to be working on more than one thing. I was thinking this before but now with the Expanse rough date, to me I think it means it will be first half. But who knows, but just something to take note of.

• The Expanse game looks interesting, especially with the murder mystery aspect to it and I like the visuals and the anti-gravity exploration. But I've never watched the tv show or read the books so the mention of characters and stories does nothing for me lol.

• I was intrigued by The Expanse trailer. Gameplay looks interesting and I liked the designs. There seems to be some potential. I hope it turns out alright.

• As mentioned last night, I went to the CNE (midway/fair) today and had a grand old time.
    Usually annual but it's been two years since it's been on. Still, felt like it never left.
    So here's some photos. Oh boy, doxxing myself! :#

Superdogs show where dogs do tricks. Theme was Pawvengers. They played lots of tunes from the MCU.

ESports/Graphics cards promotional section was new. Huge setup.
    Saw someone playing Spider-Man PS4 Remastered on a PC and my god, was it buttery smooth and gorgeous on a whole new level.

99cent spaghetti was no longer 99 cents. I'm crushed.

Thought this chicken was cute so I took a picture lol

Skyline on top of the ferris wheel

• Damn that Chicken Kone looks good. Did you get to try it?

AChicken posted: »

As mentioned last night, I went to the CNE (midway/fair) today and had a grand old time. Usually annual but it's been two years since it's

• I am sickened but curious by that $1.99 spaghetti.

AChicken posted: »

As mentioned last night, I went to the CNE (midway/fair) today and had a grand old time. Usually annual but it's been two years since it's

• I did not but my dad did. They put chicken pieces into a waffle cone and topped it with buffalo sauce. He said he liked it

Menofthe214 posted: »

Damn that Chicken Kone looks good. Did you get to try it?

• The spaghetti's good!

The low price is only because it's a fairly small serving, no extras like parmesan or meatballs -- those cost money). I have it every time I go there, usually as an appetizer before some bigger food.
    It's well cooked and they usually put a good dollop of sauce on top of it.

I am sickened but curious by that $1.99 spaghetti.

• edited August 2022

New The Dragon Prince poster.

I love this, this might be my favorite so far. I like Ez’s new look (better than Callum), this is also the first appearance of the earth dragon Rex Igneous, and Zym is now an adorable medium sized dragon, instead of an adorable small dragon. Guess this means Ez and Zym will be going on some sort of adventure together, which would be good because I was worried about how Zym would be incorporated in the remainder of the show now that he has been returned home. Good to see they won’t be messing with him and Ez’s dynamic.

• YOOO THEY GOT ORIGINAL PEOPLE ON NEW TALES FROM THE BORDERLANDS?

Kevin Bruner:

Sign in to comment in this discussion.