The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• And that's in Canadian dollars, I believe. (@AChicken can correct me). Even cheaper than we imagine.

lupinb0y posted: »

I am sickened but curious by that $1.99 spaghetti.

• Yes, it's the poor, poor Canadian dollar.

I swear it's still pretty good spaghetti! I'm still alive after all these years anyway!

And that's in Canadian dollars, I believe. (@AChicken can correct me). Even cheaper than we imagine.

• The New Tales trailer was almost what I expected but it wasn’t cringeworthy enough.

I feel a weird sense of disappointment.

dojo32161 posted: »

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

Here's my Yakuza 3 review: https://tinyurl.com/yakuza3rev

I'm taking a break from Yakuza for a bit to replay Spider-Man PS4.

I previously took a Space Invaders break: https://tinyurl.com/sinvrev

• Forgot to post this neat little purchase from the CNE:
    Unnofficial Lego Minifigures I got for pretty cheap (4 for 20$).

Probably some custom-printing job on some slightly-flimsier Lego-ish figures. The printing is damn good though!
    They had a bunch of different characters from plenty of different IP. Generic Lego, Ninjago, Fortnite, Dr. Who, Horror Movie Icons, Star Wars (so much star wars), DC, Marvel, Simpsons... yeah.

So I got Mr. Knight, Ms. Marvel, TVA Loki and obligatory Chicken Suit Man for the chicken shrine.

Apparently these are already official minifigs that come in blind-bags (10-15$ each), so I don't think any of them are some original printing job (IDK if there's any official Fortnite Lego though), but as mentioned these are a bit flimsy. They don't snap into the stands very securely, the legs are pretty loose. Something is just "off" about it. Otherwise they're pretty darn good looking and a great little buy.

• Well, that Resident Evil show didn't last long, already cancelled after one season.

• Good riddance. They never should have made it in the first place.

Well, that Resident Evil show didn't last long, already cancelled after one season.

• I'm so surprised it took them this long to officially cancel it.

It was in their top 10 for quite a few weeks, which did have me worried they'd give it a season 2 push, but they canned it (thankfully)

The Cowboy Bebop adaptation was something they were promoting a lot, as a marquee cult-favourite asset. I was sure they'd at least give it a tentative S2 despite the poor reception to it.
    But they didn't even let it live a week on their service before axing it.

You really can't predict what Netflix will do.

Well, that Resident Evil show didn't last long, already cancelled after one season.

• Gearbox pretending New Tales has original devs be like

• Very excited to see your memes when the thing actually comes out.

Poogers555 posted: »

Gearbox pretending New Tales has original devs be like

• this implies Id have to play it

Very excited to see your memes when the thing actually comes out.

• Or, you know, watch it

this implies Id have to play it

• I don't think that is much better, but I know I probably will out of morbid curiously.

Or, you know, watch it

• I am losing faith in Youtube. It doesn't feel like a place for everyone to enjoy anymore.

• Glad this movie classic is getting a video game adaptation .

• With all the censorship and algorithms going insane I agree.

AronDracula posted: »

I am losing faith in Youtube. It doesn't feel like a place for everyone to enjoy anymore.

• Was pure trash , with TikTok and zoophile none sence , this is why I would prefer the animated movies sure they weren’t perfect but at least they were loyal to the lore.

Now , I would expect The Rings Of Power to have the same effect but this just opens my eyes even wider on what a 💩 show Life Is Strange TV series adaptation might become…fans don’t deserve this abomination shows and it’s sorry sum for me I hope even though Netflix and Amazon prime and Paramount plus with the halo series look down right bad .

I hope this is clear to Shawn Mendes about the life of strange TV adaptation to not disappoint fans I just had enough with the cringe.

AronDracula posted: »

Good riddance. They never should have made it in the first place.

• edited August 2022

High on Life really gonna be competing with Borderlands to have the most obnoxious dialogue in a video game.

• I hate to say it, but... New Tales from the Borderlands might only end up being the second unfunniest game this year.

High on Life really gonna be competing with Borderlands to have the most obnoxious dialogue in a video game.

• edited August 2022

New Tales from the Borderlands - Season Pass has entered the chat

I hate to say it, but... New Tales from the Borderlands might only end up being the second unfunniest game this year.

• edited August 2022

Just found out that an adult animated series by AMC called Pantheon is being released this week. It's also their first ever animated series if I'm correct which is neat.

The premise taken from Bleeding Cool.

This thrilling speculative is centered on a bullied teen (Katie Chang) who receives mysterious help from someone online: a stranger soon revealed to be her recently deceased father, David (Daniel Dae Kim), whose consciousness has been uploaded to the Cloud following an experimental destructive brain scan. David is the first of a new kind of being – an "Uploaded Intelligence" or "UI" – but he will not be the last, as a global conspiracy unfolds that threatens to trigger a new kind of world war.

It looks interesting! The animation looks pretty choppy but at least it's not another gratuitous adult animated comedy.

edited August 2022

Earlier this month, I discovered that Black Panther 2: Like a Dragon - Ashura Chapter, the second PSP spinoff of Yakuza, has been translated into English by TeamK4L.

I picked up a PlayStation TV off eBay to play it. I also have a bunch of PS1 games from PSN that are PSTV compatible, so that should be fun.

I doubt anyone will notice my avatar, but yes, I'm a ginger again.

• I picked up a PlayStation TV off eBay to play it.

You just straight-up bought one? How in the world did you find one of these at an affordable price? They're usually being marked up like crazy, because they aren't manufactured anymore and there's so few out there

Jennifer posted: »

Earlier this month, I discovered that Black Panther 2: Like a Dragon - Ashura Chapter, the second PSP spinoff of Yakuza, has been translated

• edited August 2022

So confirmed Rhys is once again not Troy Baker. Considering Troy also had no clue it even existed and wanted to know what "old team" was working on it, and knowing that Tales team is pretty close with Troy to this day I think once again means there really is no original people on this game except for in this most technical of terms like Bruner and worked* at Telltale but* not on Tales or even the years when Tales was being made.

Anyway, just wish they took the opportunity to cast Troy again at the very least.

(But then again Troy and Randy had some minor discourse so clearly this is unforgivable. I guess Troy could also go to Randy's hotel room and get beaten up to do it for free tho)

POV: You're in Randy Pitchford's hotel room and you ask if you could possibly get paid for doing the voice of Claptrap

• Lmao yikes. This is the worst timeline.

RIP Ray Chase, taking a job from one of the biggest VA stars in the business, only to get it taken away by the other biggest VA star in the business.

So confirmed Rhys is once again not Troy Baker. Considering Troy also had no clue it even existed and wanted to know what "old team" was wo

• Oh God, imagine Gearbox using this as some sort of “funny” running gag that they decide to recast Rhys with every new installment. Come on guys, won’t that be hilarious…

Why aren’t you laughing?

So confirmed Rhys is once again not Troy Baker. Considering Troy also had no clue it even existed and wanted to know what "old team" was wo

• However, it seems he was actually re-casted again and is now played by Nolan North

That's fuckin' hilarious

according to a podcast Troy Baker is on.

Link pls

• edited August 2022

Time stamp 55:53

I love how Troy also says that he doesn’t want to get into another fight with Pitchford because of this.

However, it seems he was actually re-casted again and is now played by Nolan North That's fuckin' hilarious according to a podcast Troy Baker is on. Link pls

• Oh so the Nolan thing was a joke, so seems like Ray Chase will probably return as the voice then.

The reaction is pretty damn funny, and it warms my heart that Troy Baker still has so much love for the game after all these years!

Time stamp 55:53 I love how Troy also says that he doesn’t want to get into another fight with Pitchford because of this.

• oops thats my bad I could barely hear her say she was joking. I thought she simply knew a bit behind the scenes, gonna delete that part from the original post

Oh so the Nolan thing was a joke, so seems like Ray Chase will probably return as the voice then. The reaction is pretty damn funny, and it warms my heart that Troy Baker still has so much love for the game after all these years!

I prefer buy it now auctions, but saw one that had only a few bids and a day to go, so I used one of those sniping sites, put in a max bid, crossed my fingers, and actually won it.

AChicken posted: »

I picked up a PlayStation TV off eBay to play it. You just straight-up bought one? How in the world did you find one of these at an

• Congrats then!

Jennifer posted: »

I prefer buy it now auctions, but saw one that had only a few bids and a day to go, so I used one of those sniping sites, put in a max bid, crossed my fingers, and actually won it.

• Man, if I had a nickel for every new haircut a character has in the upcoming season that I didn’t like, I’d have two nickels. Which isn’t a lot, but it’s weird that it happened twice, right?

AMAYAAAAA https://twitter.com/thedragonprince/status/1565021635576401921

• I like it! Though I will admit it looks a little weird when she's facing directly frontward.

Man, if I had a nickel for every new haircut a character has in the upcoming season that I didn’t like, I’d have two nickels. Which isn’t a lot, but it’s weird that it happened twice, right?

• I think I found my favorite "bitch snow white post" of all time lol

Poll that won't let you fully disagree with the poster with a one sentence explanation of "I like at first then she annoying"

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheWolfAmongUs/comments/x2w3f9/does_anyone_else_find_snow_white_to_be_incredibly/

Then someone else commenting about how Cooked Man isn't that bad and was "just a loan shark"

me when snow doesnt want violence and wont sleep with me

• Not sure how you fight with it, considering that it looks like it blocks a noticeable portion of your left side and peripheral vision. Amaya, you're already deaf, don't make yourself partially blind too.

I like it! Though I will admit it looks a little weird when she's facing directly frontward.

• edited September 2022

Here is a technical designer named Noah Scholl who is an ex-Telltale employee and he is reacting to the GTA games. This is a nice touch.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.