what games are you playing?

Comments

• dofus
    mmo rpg strategy game because im smart :)

• Bought Mass Effect Andromeda, currently downloading. Wondering how good it actually is, never played any ME games before tho.

• edited April 2019

The Mass effect trilogy is much better,you should start with the first ME game instead.

I finished Andromeda for the first time a couple of months ago it's..alright i guess the open world is horrible but there's some good shit in the game. Too bad they dropped support for the game because people hated it and didn't make the dlc they wanted to make.

Bruno113 posted: »

Bought Mass Effect Andromeda, currently downloading. Wondering how good it actually is, never played any ME games before tho.

• edited April 2019

Also what difficulty have you played on. When i play on normal its too easy just use cover and chill but when its on hardcore its too hard, theres no ballance its either too easy or too hard.

iFoRias posted: »

The Mass effect trilogy is much better,you should start with the first ME game instead. I finished Andromeda for the first time a couple

• I played on normal for the entire trilogy and for Andromeda too,i've also heard that some people found the games to be "too easy" but i think that depends on the class you're playing.

It's been a while but i think i always played as a vanguard even in Andromeda i think,you've got a fair amount of variety in terms of weapons and you can also use biotics.
    Biotics are the "powers" like throwing people in the air,charging against someone at full speed things like that.

So yeah maybe use more biotics powers and don't stay at one place under cover for too long move a bit or it's gonna get boring real fast,i think the enemies become harder to kill later too hope that helped.

Also what difficulty have you played on. When i play on normal its too easy just use cover and chill but when its on hardcore its too hard, theres no ballance its either too easy or too hard.

• Bought dishonored yesterday definitive edition. Seems nice i guess, if this goes very good for me imma also buy dishonored 2

• I got dishonoured back when it first came out. It’s a good game, and it’s very fun. My only real gripe is that you can’t keep some your powers if you return to a previous point.

Bought dishonored yesterday definitive edition. Seems nice i guess, if this goes very good for me imma also buy dishonored 2

• Because I loved Resident Evil 2 so much and platinumed it, I decided to download Resident Evil 3 Nemesis on my PC. And it works well. I'm already loving it. I still hate those tank controls though.

• My Time At Portia

• You know, I said was gonna play Batman The Enemy Within almost two months ago now, but kept finding reasons and distractions that postponed that long time plan. In particular, I went back to continue playing Dragonball Fighter Z and it's Hard Story Modes in the past week or two.
    I really do hope to actually change that soon.

• Disney Heroes Battle Mode :/ (Not too amused by it tho)

• edited May 2019

I just finished Kingdom Hearts for the PS2. I missed it back in the day, but finally played it. It was fun, epic, and memorable. Definitely worth playing if you like Disney or Final Fantasy. It had nice music too.

• edited May 2019

Just started a bit of Uncharted: Golden Abyss on the Vita.

It was made by Bend Studios (now known for making Days Gone) and whoa they went all out on making it a pretty ambitious Uncharted game. They use all the aspects of the Vita that they can, make the game feel like an actual Uncharted game that runs on a little portable device, and throws in a bunch of new mechanics and collectibles that make it feel like a cool treasure-hunting adventure.

There's the usual collectibles scattered about, there's some charcoal rubbings to get (rubbing out the shape of something on the touch screen), and pictures to take of various objects.

While the latter two are very precise (as you have to fill in practically the entire design before it gives it to you -- 99% doesn't cut it, and the pictures require you to use a specific amount of zoom on the object to get your 100% picture rating) it adds a nice layer of being the cool treasure-hunter and explorer. However, it could be said that it's a bit too much. It bothers the completionist side of me, as it's a lot of stuff that I'll probably miss (since there's trophies you get for completing a certain set of pictures, rubbings, and relics hidden across multiple chapters of the game -- there's also many types of treasures this time).

• edited May 2019

Right, so I bought Little Nightmares. Might be regretting that a bit.

At first, I thought it would be a pretty creepy but fun platformer that offers a few unsettling scares along the way. Well, it certainly started that way with the creepy ink-leeches that slowly crawl after you, and the scary camera contraptions that turns escaping children into stone.... There's very nice sound and environment design to go along with the surreal world (kinda reminds me of Coraline, actually...)
    Now I'm on chapter 2 and whoooooo boy it's now a pretty terrifying yet cathartic platformer with creatures that may now haunt my dreams. Long-Arms McGee or whatever his name is, is very very creepy. This is where the real fast chases begin and I'm as scared as I was when playing Alien: Isolation. Yikes.
    but gosh darn it, its a good rush of blood

• Just got Sonic Team Racing, which takes priority. So Batman The Enemy Within is likely on more of a hiatus as a result.

• I got so bored of Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne because I've seen enough from them so I decided to play Dark Souls 3. I remember that I said how disappointing it was but replaying it again changed my perspective, it might be way easier than the previous games but I'm still having so much fun, that's what matters the most. Still haven't played the DLCs so this is a great opportunity.

• What happened to Dark Souls 2?

AronDracula posted: »

I got so bored of Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne because I've seen enough from them so I decided to play Dark Souls 3. I remember that I said h

• Playing days gone currently, really loving my time in it, killing hundreds of hords is satisfying.

• It has a few problems that I don't like, I won't be playing it until I'm done with Dark Souls 3.

DabigRG posted: »

What happened to Dark Souls 2?

• Ah.

It has a few problems that I don't like, I won't be playing it until I'm done with Dark Souls 3.

• Just started Shadow Tactics: Blades of Shogun.

I got it from a bundle a while ago and was postponing playing it, because I didn't think stealth games were the best fit for me, but surprisingly I really enjoy it so far. The only problem is that it's pretty time consuming - one seemingly easy mission can easily take over an hour, even more. Still, it's always pretty satisfying to finally complete the mission.

Fun fact: One of the main characters is voiced by Mira's voice actor from Telltale's Game of Thrones.

• Been playing some Dragon age Inquisition and Star Wars Battlefront 2 (the new one) lately,they added more maps and heroes (most of them are voiced by the Clone Wars voice actors like Obi-wan and Anakin) so the game is actually good now.

• I got Stories Untold some time ago, and I only played half of it. It was really good, but I drifted away from it (for some unknown reason). Just recently decided to pick it back up, since it's a pretty short game and the studio's new game got me interested in their work again... but damn it's still very spooky. Part of me only wants to play this at night, alone in a room with some headphones on, and that's probably not the best thing to do for me. Ended up finishing Chapter 3 just as my sister walked in the room (the door is behind my computer chair) and I nearly leapt out of my seat.

Oh, very scary. But oh, very good music.

Unfortunately, I do believe Steam reviews have spoiled the game for me when I originally bought it. Now, I haven't experienced the ending yet to piece it all together, but with all the "spoiler-free" reviews on Steam that try to be both clever and vague about their experience with it, they really aren't.

So many people keep saying "Don't Drink and Drive, Kids..." in their reviews, and with the details I've experienced thus far, it's safe to say that this game's twist is totally that you're the victim of a drunk driving crash, forced to type your way through this horrifying hellscape or something... (It's just... really?? do you people really have to spoil that in your short reviews? I can clearly tell that the game now has something to do with drunk driving, and that's probably the big twist that you think you're being vague about.)

• Played a few rounds of Injustice 2 with my nephew and bought the whole Bordelands series at Gamestop last week.
    As if I needed more games to hoard and potentially not play anytime soon. Ain't that right, Dragon Age Origins?

• I'm almost done with Dark Souls 3 The Ringed City DLC. I beat all the main bosses and now I'm getting my ass kicked by the optional one, Darkeater Midir.

• I just played demo on Beyond Two Souls and i liked it. I did rage a bit because of the controls, the game makes it confusing at which direction to point and also Aiden (i think thats his name) its hard to use his abilities, i didnt know how to use his shield which made me get caught so i raged a bit. Should i buy this game or not. I play on PC not console.

• I bought Sekiro Shadows Die Twice and I can tell you, even if you played all the Soulsborne games before, this game will kick your ass immediately because it is definitely not part of the Soulsborne games. The combat is new as hell and it requires a lot of strategy.

• Playing through the banner saga trilogy. It's such a good game.

• edited August 2019

Remedy's new game Control has been a load of fun so far. Bit the bullet and bought it on release, since reviews were pretty favorable for it.

I'm only about 2-3 hours into it, and It's just a bunch of fun. The world building is great, (and the many [redacted] documents and different kinds of audio logs/live-action video recordings you find are interesting every time.)

I've only got 2 powers so far. Being able to throw small-medium objects across the room, and a quick dash move. And yeah it's fuuuun. Nearly everything you see can be thrown, and if there's nothing highlighted, then you rip a chunk from the floors or walls.

There is one thing that I would consider 'bad' in this game and needs to be fixed ASAP. The performance.
    On consoles, and especially the base models like what I have, there's noticible issues in performance.
    In combat where there's a large number of things happening on screen, it will slow down. If there's a bunch of particles flying everywhere after shooting enemies or throwing a lot of objects, it will slow down. These things don't happen a lot, but there have been more than one occasion so far that I've noticed this.
    Even when pausing the game at any time, unpausing will cause a slight stutter.

Across all platforms, in the cutscene just after you acquire your signature weapon, there's noticible freezing and stuttering, and it's not supposed to happen. Lipsync can be slightly off sometimes too when viewing videos or engaging in conversations.

But, I'm still able to push through these issues and play the game fine. It's an 8/10 game for sure. Great world building, intriguing and weird story, and very fun gameplay. It's just the technical issues that should have needed more work and time. Hoping for a larger patch soon.

• edited August 2019

I've been replaying Alien Isolation recently. Because the first Alien movie turned 40 years this year, I decided to go back and replay the horror game that actually gave me nightmares every day. And because I still remember how the game works, I decided to play it on hard mode. But surprisingly, I didn't die that much. The only times I died were in the hospital sequences and accidentally killing myself by throwing pipe bombs to threats who got close to me.

I still can't fucking believe those shitty devs decided to make a FNAF ripoff based on the franchise instead of a new AAA game for its anniversary.

• Creative Assembly didn't make the mobile game, that was a totally different developer and even different publisher.

It's just whoever had the license decided to make it a sequel to Isolation.

I've been replaying Alien Isolation recently. Because the first Alien movie turned 40 years this year, I decided to go back and replay the h

• edited August 2019

After giving Papers Please a try gotta say I was kinda addicted, so giving Not Tonight a try not bad so far though love the characters Shannon in particular always makes me crack a smile. && The soundtrack is a masterpiece !

• After playing Persona 5 when it was first out, I bought up every japanese game that was on sale at the time, but I never got around to playing them until recently.
    I'm glad I finally did, cause there are some real gems among them.

First I played the Zero Escape games, which were great. Certainly the first two. The third one didn't quite reach the level of brilliance of it's predecessors.

At the moment I'm playing the Danganronpa games. Finished the first one and just started the second. I'm not too fond of the minigames in them, but having a lot of fun otherwise.
    And Monokuma is hilarious. Love that little psycho bear.

• I never said Creative Assembly made the mobile game. Still a garbage decision.

AChicken posted: »

Creative Assembly didn't make the mobile game, that was a totally different developer and even different publisher. It's just whoever had the license decided to make it a sequel to Isolation.

• edited August 2019

Still playing red dead 2 cos it’s just the best game ever made, then after that I’m returning to the 1st one. When it’s out, I’ll also play cyberpunk, seeing as it’ll have custom genders...that could be fun

• Just finished Alien Isolation. I dunno how long it has been since I played it. It's been like a year or 2. Still one of the best horror games of the 8th generation. I played it on hard mode, some of the levels were easy to navigate and there are a few where I died a lot. This is one of the games that I wish I can experience the first time again.

• I agree, Alien Isolation is awesome. No matter how many times I play it, those loud incoming steps of the alien still scares me.

Just finished Alien Isolation. I dunno how long it has been since I played it. It's been like a year or 2. Still one of the best horror game

• I keep replaying ‘Agents of Mayhem’. I can understand its failure, but at the same time, I still prefer it to ‘Saints Row IV’. ‘SR: IV’ should have been ‘AoM’ in 2013; however, ‘SR: V’ is in development!

• Borderlands 2, lots and lots of Borderlands 2. Literally, other than a brief respite when I played Horizon Zero Dawn, this is all I've been doing for the last month or so. I'm getting ready for Borderlands 3 (9 more days).

• Man, I remember back in the day when BL2 launched. I played the shit out of it on the Xbox 360 while I was still going to school.

Now, 7 years later, Borderlands 3 is coming out and everything is different now, but BL3 is still very much Borderlands.

What a weird feeling.

Borderlands 2, lots and lots of Borderlands 2. Literally, other than a brief respite when I played Horizon Zero Dawn, this is all I've been doing for the last month or so. I'm getting ready for Borderlands 3 (9 more days).

Sign in to comment in this discussion.