what games are you playing?

Comments

• Replaying Life is strange Before the Storm. The game manages to always surprise me, even after at least 4 replays. The story and music are so touching that it always makes me shiver and drop a tear. I wish everyone could feel what i feel. I cannot recommend that game enough.

• edited September 2019

I have my criticisms with it, but honestly I enjoyed Before the Storm more than the original game (which I thought was just about okay). It just felt more polished to me. It had a tighter story, better dialogue, better voice acting, and at times some legitimately tense and well written scenes. I'd actually recommend it over the previous game.

Bruno113 posted: »

Replaying Life is strange Before the Storm. The game manages to always surprise me, even after at least 4 replays. The story and music are s

• BtS should be a game that I'd enjoy thoroughly, since the supernatural elements were by far my least favorite part of LiS1, but BtS just fell flat especially in its last episode. The idea was there, but the execution just didn't do it for me.

That soundtrack by Daughter is phenomenal, though. I still listen to it today.

Replaying Life is strange Before the Storm. The game manages to always surprise me, even after at least 4 replays. The story and music are s

• That soundtrack by Daughter is phenomenal, though. I still listen to it today.

This is the best thing to come out of the LiS series, no lie.

• As much as it does pain me to admit it, the soundtrack in Before The Storm was good. Nothing standout nor something I'd listen to daily, but it fit with the game as a whole and was, overall, a huge pro.

See, I am capable of complimenting Life is Strange, I don't just blindly hate it.

GSSalvador posted: »

BtS should be a game that I'd enjoy thoroughly, since the supernatural elements were by far my least favorite part of LiS1, but BtS just fel

• Your compliment oozes pure distaste for the game.

As much as it does pain me to admit it, the soundtrack in Before The Storm was good. Nothing standout nor something I'd listen to daily, but

• You still got a compliment out of it, that's the best you're going to get.

It's like asking a Yankee fan to say something nice about the Red Sox, no matter how hard you try, it's more than likely going to be a bit of a backhanded compliment.

GSSalvador posted: »

Your compliment oozes pure distaste for the game.

• edited September 2019

I dont expect for people to like the same things as me, everyone is different. But man, i wonder why LiS 2 didnt hire Daughter for their soundtrack, probably because it wouldn't fit the theme but still she can always find a way to describe a scene with fitting music. I havent played LiS 2 yet and i wonder do they even have decent soundtrack, from what i've seen in episode one im not liking it much.

• I'm replaying all the Uncharted games and I'm going to platinum all of them. Probably...

• and I'm going to platinum all of them. Probably...

Whoa. Good luck with that challenge.
    Don't all of them have trophies about "Kill X enemies with Y weapon" or "Kill X enemies while doing Z thing" (i.e.: hanging off a ledge)? Plus, I think the old ones have multiplayer trophies, and the multiplayer servers were recently were shut down. I considered doing Uncharted 4 a few months ago, but some trophies looked tedious and more like busy-work at a glance.

The Last of Us is a better platinum. While I did it on PS3, I've yet to do so on PS4. The trophies all revolve around full upgrading Joel, and finding all the collectibles/conversations, as well as the usual difficulty ones. I've done everything but beat Survivor and Survivor+ on PS4... for now.

AronDracula posted: »

I'm replaying all the Uncharted games and I'm going to platinum all of them. Probably...

• Control has been very fun so far, (I'm about halfway through the game) and with the recent patch the performance has improved a lot.

Just recently, Remedy/505 Games have announced more details on their post-release plans for Control, including the 2 expansions.
    Now, I don't know about you, but Expansion #2 is looking a lot like an Alan Wake tie-in. (Given the events of the AW game are classified as an AWE, and that striking flashlight image in the teaser... oh, it's happening.)

https://controlgame.com/control-community-blog-whats-new/

The second expansion, AWE, will take Jesse into a new part of the Oldest House, the Investigations Sector, where the Bureau closely examines Altered World Events.

• I can't do TLOU because those fucking multiplayer trophies are part of the platinum. It's such a dumb decision to include multiplayer trophies in the road to platinum. I have to pay for online service, I have to put so many hours into the multiplayer mode and I don't have enough patience. I earned everything but those idiotic achievements.

I'm playing the remastered collection which doesn't feature the multiplayer. I earned the platinum from U1 but there are still the bonus trophies that I have to earn.

AChicken posted: »

and I'm going to platinum all of them. Probably... Whoa. Good luck with that challenge. Don't all of them have trophies about "Kil

• Aww, I'm sorry you don't enjoy the multiplayer. I didn't mind those trophies since I looove their Factions MP. It's the only thing I come back to every now and then.

But, cool, you got the collection so you should have no problem getting all those trophies. Nice!

I can't do TLOU because those fucking multiplayer trophies are part of the platinum. It's such a dumb decision to include multiplayer trophi

• It's not that I don't enjoy the multiplayer. I just haven't been into online gaming for a long time, probably since the controversies of Star Wars Battlefront 2. And I sucked at that mode a lot.

AChicken posted: »

Aww, I'm sorry you don't enjoy the multiplayer. I didn't mind those trophies since I looove their Factions MP. It's the only thing I come ba

• I've played Man of Medan, which sucked.

I've also played Erica, which didn't suck. It's the first live action game I played that I really liked.
    Good actors for once and a smart screenplay. You need to play it more than once from different perspectives and then decide for yourself what was true. I'm personally still not sure myself after two playthroughs.

• Batman arkham Knight, it came free on ps4 for ps+ users so I said why not play another batman game? It's looking great so far.

• edited September 2019

Animations of man of me'damn was worse than anf animations lmao the faces of these characters especially the first 2 hours made me laugh so badly at it.

Onmens posted: »

I've played Man of Medan, which sucked. I've also played Erica, which didn't suck. It's the first live action game I played that I really

• The soundtrack of LiS2 is pretty disappoiting across the board.

I dont expect for people to like the same things as me, everyone is different. But man, i wonder why LiS 2 didnt hire Daughter for their sou

• I can live with bad animations as long as the story is good. But it wasn´t.
    Also the ending was so abrupt, it was like "Oh, we've run out of budget, lets just end the game here."
    It felt like a haunted house ride at an amusement park, sitting through a number of unsuccesful jump scares until you all of a sudden hit the exit of the attraction.

Animations of man of me'damn was worse than anf animations lmao the faces of these characters especially the first 2 hours made me laugh so badly at it.

• After months of waiting, I can now finally say that the game I'm currently playing is...Borderlands 3.

• Oh really? ‘Until Dawn’ is one of my favourite games, but I do not think they can top it.

Onmens posted: »

I've played Man of Medan, which sucked. I've also played Erica, which didn't suck. It's the first live action game I played that I really

• stardew valley <3

• Catherine: Full Body
    Trails of Cold Steel 3

• Replaying the original Mirror's Edge for the umpteenth time before heading into Catalyst for the third time. The game still feels great to play and looks fantastic despite being 10 years old. There are some hiccups that appear, where certain mechanics don't work right like attaching to pipes, wall running, etc, but those are relatively few and far between.

I doubt it since I don't think Catalyst sold all that well but I really really hope that they end up making another Mirror's Edge down the line. The stories aren't great but I've really enjoyed the gameplay in both games.

• Being a noob and dieing for the SIXTILLIONTH TIME on cuphead

• I'm currently replaying the first 2 Dead Space games since I got a new PC just for my games.

• I played Man of Medan recently and good lord was that painfully mediocre. I'm not gonna act like Until Dawn was perfect, but Christ.

• edited October 2019

I got Xbox Game pass for PC for free 3 months and I recently played Blaire Witch and Im mad at myself for not trusting reviews saying it was pretty bad. Really boring gameplay and story, honestly was only playing it for the dog. I feel your pain.

ralo229 posted: »

I played Man of Medan recently and good lord was that painfully mediocre. I'm not gonna act like Until Dawn was perfect, but Christ.

• Damn, I was considering buying it but since I heard the reviews, I gave up immediately. I remember being so pissed after finishing Outlast 2 which was nothing but a running simulator.

Poogers555 posted: »

I got Xbox Game pass for PC for free 3 months and I recently played Blaire Witch and Im mad at myself for not trusting reviews saying it was pretty bad. Really boring gameplay and story, honestly was only playing it for the dog. I feel your pain.

• I figured I would play it because I could for free but damn. It reminded me a lot like Outlast where its basically just a running simulator.

Honestly sucks that 9/10 horror games are pretty ass and are pretty much just run away simulators. Really wish there were more suvival horror games as those ones honestly out league these other horror games in gameplay and story and scares. Worst part about Blaire Witch was I was never actually on edge, I was bored as hell.

Damn, I was considering buying it but since I heard the reviews, I gave up immediately. I remember being so pissed after finishing Outlast 2 which was nothing but a running simulator.

• Started playing The Wild Eight recently with a couple friends. It's an open world top down survival game that's set in Alaska and you have to find a way to escape. It only just recently came out of early access but I've got a good 14 hours of it so far and we've technically beaten the game already but it seems like there's more than one ending so we're trying to get those.

In the game you chop down trees, mine ore and hunt animals (deer, wolves, boar, etc) for resources. The story and the lore surrounding the game is pretty interesting and it can get pretty tense at times. There's also a ton of places to explore and lots of loot to help you on your travels. There's a few bugs that I've faced like getting stuck in places and falling through the world (there's a command to get unstuck which is great and you seem to get booted back to the hub area when you fall through the world) and the camera can be a bit finicky to get used to.

I don't think I would have enjoyed the game as much without friends though so if you and another friend or more are interested I'd say check it out. Also make sure you don't look up anything about the game as there are a few surprises in store.

• edited October 2019

I figured I would play it because I could for free but damn. It reminded me a lot like Outlast where its basically just a running simulator.

Not exactly. At least the first game let's you take a breath for a few minutes in an area, it has puzzles and the story was pretty good with great villains. Outlast 2, on the other hand, forces you to run every time. No puzzles, repetitive level design and a terrible storyline. Even the Whistleblower DLC was much better than the sequel.

I figured I would play it because I could for free but damn. It reminded me a lot like Outlast where its basically just a running simulator.

• It's better just to watch someone play it on youtube. At least you get some commentary with it.

• (I kinda meant Outlast as a whole Im not the biggest fan of horror games where its basically just run away, but Outlast 1 and its DLC is def more well made than most horror games and has an actual interesting story. Outlast 2 I know is basically running through the woods 24/7 with a nonsense story and random flashbacks)

• Max Payne with my Dad he use to play this game all the time and honestly i didn't think i'd like it not much i'm not a big noir story fan but after giving this a chance gotta say its pretty good that and just being able to make my dad happy playing a game made in the 90's

• Judgment. So much fun.
    The story can get a bit soap opera-y at times, but there are some great characters in the game. It looks absolutely gorgeous, and there's lots and lots of side content.
    And most importantly, it has a simple mode for people like me that suck at button combos. :)
    A 9/10 from me.

• Gears 5. Borderlands 3. Walking Dead Definitive

• After finishing the first 2 Dead Space games, I started playing an underrated gem called "Singularity". I played this game when I was like 11 or 12 but never finished it. I bought it on Steam but It didn't work on my laptop, so with my new PC, it works so well. The best way I could describe this game is basically just a crossover between Bioshock and Half Life 2. If you like both or one of these games, this one might be for you.

• L.A. Noire. Playing a detective in the 1940s is pretty fun. Though, sometimes it's hard to know whether you should choose doubt or lie when interviewing someone. But still, a great game nonetheless.

• Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission. It's a good gacha/card game, but for some sad reason I picked it up in the discount video games box. But mind, that it is a glitchfest at some times.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.