Nymeria's War (ongoing fanfiction)

Comments

• No voting to close, but I hope you guys have read (or will read) the part, since it's quite important for Gwendis' arc! Anyway, next we will continue Missy's story, important choices coming...

Recap: After seeing Matt the Mute, Ronny and Larry the Kind torturing Sanya Purell's handmaiden Shana Sand (also bastard daughter of Lord Littlemill), Missy went to Queen Sofina and told about the situation. They teamed up with the King's brother Alaric Manwoody, who sent his strange assassin called Purple Ocelot to save Shana Sand from the torture cells - killing Matt the Mute in the process. Next day the Purple Ocelot took Missy to meet Sofina and Shana. Shana thanked Missy for saving her, and the Queen suggested that Missy could leave Kingsgrave just like they would take Shana away. Missy was adamant that she belonged to Kingsgrave, next to King Albin. Sofina was a bit disappointed but accepted it. Later Missy watched from the battlements as Lord Littlemill rode to Kingsgrave with his men. After that she made her way back to her room, where Ronny was waiting for her. Ronny was angered and asked if Missy knew that Matt the Mute had died. The thing he was the most angered about though was that Shana had escaped. He started to taunt and threaten Missy, until she snapped and stabbed Ronny to death. The part ended in Ronny bleeding to death on the floor, and Missy shaking in excitement, blood all over her hands.

I hope I manage to finish the part today, but if I don't, then tomorrow! :)

• I read the latest part, however did not found time to comment on it. Pretty busy out here... but I enjoyed it fully and am curious how Gwendis storyline will go.

No voting to close, but I hope you guys have read (or will read) the part, since it's quite important for Gwendis' arc! Anyway, next we will

• No worries :) I'm glad you liked it, and I hope you were also satisfied with Aisha's role in the part - there is obviously more to come for her too.

Mathea posted: »

I read the latest part, however did not found time to comment on it. Pretty busy out here... but I enjoyed it fully and am curious how Gwendis storyline will go.

• I was happy to see her and I can clearly see that she seem to join Gwendis in the incoming war - otherwise she would not tell her what she did.

No worries I'm glad you liked it, and I hope you were also satisfied with Aisha's role in the part - there is obviously more to come for her too.

• I've also read that part. And the one before. I just wasn't in the mood to the comment ^^

I'll vote for the upcoming chapter though.

No voting to close, but I hope you guys have read (or will read) the part, since it's quite important for Gwendis' arc! Anyway, next we will

• edited July 2016

Missy

Missy stood at the gallery of the throne room. She showed no emotion to the world around her, but inside her was a storm. This was the second day after she had killed Ronny in her room. She had wrapped Ronny in rags, rolled him under her bed, and washed the bloodstains from the floor the best she could. That was good enough for now, but the body would start to smell more and more, and people had no doubt already noticed Ronny’s absence. They are going to kill me, kill me, kill me, kill me, QUIET!

Larry the Kind stood at the other side of the hall, and for a moment his eyes met with Missy’s. The look on those blue eyes was calm, but there was also a touch of darkness in them. Missy knew that if Larry would decide to come after her, he would not be as careless as Ronny.

Missy heard the whispering of the handmaidens behind her. She wondered if they were gossiping about what has happened to Shana Sand. Or maybe they are talking about me. Now Missy’s stare traveled towards the throne. The Great King sat at his stony chair, oozing of power. Next to him stood Alaric, a grim expression on his face. The Queen was absent. That made Missy think about the chance the Queen had offered her, about leaving Kingsgrave. She wondered if it was too late to agree to it.

“I would be honored to fight for the Great King of the Red Mountains!” Said the strong voice of a tall and pale man that was standing in front of the throne, waking Missy from her thoughts. Next to the young man stood an older, and much shorter, bald man.

“And why does an Ironborn warrior want to fight for a Dornish king?” Alaric asked with a cynical tone, whilst Albin stayed quiet. Missy noticed a joyless small smirk appearing on the Ironborn warrior’s face. The man had green eyes and brown hair that fell to his face, almost hiding his eyes. Missy thought he was quite handsome, even if he had a gruesome scar running across his face.

“The Ironborn fight wherever there is glory and loot to be won – and we’ve heard good things about King Albin.” The older man answered for Alaric. “And what’s your name, little man?” Alaric asked with slightly mocking tone.

“My name is Salladhor, m’lord.” The bald man answered with a smile. “And you are the father of this young warrior?” Alaric pointed at the younger man as he asked this, but Salladhor shook his head. “Willem is not my son, m’lord. He is my captain.”

“Your captain?” The King suddenly spoke up, narrowing his eyes. “Are you saying this young boy is a captain? He has a ship and a crew?” Missy could see that Salladhor was nervous under the stare of King Albin. “Not at the moment.” Willem answered with serious tone, and the King chuckled dryly. “I see.” He said calmly. “I suppose you have come here in hope to earn some coin.”

“Only reward we need is what we can take from your enemies as they lay dead in our feet.” Willem spoke, and a twisted smirk appeared on the King’s face. “That sounds good.” Albin said, but Alaric looked less thrilled. “Now, swear your allegiance to me.”

The two men bent the knee. Salladhor laid his steel sword on the floor in front of himself, while Willem did the same with his axe. “To King Albin, and the Kingsgrave,” Willem started, “We pledge our arms, our hearts and our loyalty. Our swords and axes are yours to command. We shall serve you with pride and honor, and never fail you. We swear it by the Drowned God and the Seven.” The words of this Ironborn warrior echoed in the hall with mightiness, and the look on King Albin’s face was pleased.

“I accept your oaths, and take you under my command. Rise.” The Great King’s words were powerful, and the two men stood up by his command. They gave their new king a deep bow, and returned to the crowd.

-

After a few more knights, sellswords and freeriders pledging their swords for King Albin the court session was over, and people flooded out of the throne room. Missy walked the crowded hallway full of colorfully dressed people, chatting and laughter. In middle of all that she felt isolated from the world and its joys. She had an empty look on her green eyes, and dark thoughts in her mind.

As Missy saw Larry the Kind approaching her from the left, she instinctively grabbed the knife on her right sleeve. It was unlikely that Larry would do anything here, under the eyes of the whole court, but Missy would not risk it.

“Sweet lady.” Larry said with a smile as he walked next to her. Missy stopped and faced him, keeping a calm and emotionless expression. Despite his smile, there was coldness in the eyes of Larry. “What do you want?” Missy asked, still clenching to her knife.

“We haven’t seen in couple days.” Larry said calmly, stroking his chin. “And a lot has happened, I’m sure you’ve heard.” Missy stayed quiet for a moment, pondering her options. “I have heard, yes.” She finally replied. “I heard that Matt died, and Shana Sand escaped.” As Missy said this, the grin on Larry’s face got slightly wider. “So that was the name of that handmaiden.” He said with quiet and ominous tone. Shit!

“Y- yes, so I’ve heard.” Missy answered, struggling to keep her voice together. Larry gave her a slow nod, and let out an amused sigh. “I don’t know what exactly you did, Missy, but I must say I am quite impressed. One day you are upset with us torturing the poor girl, next night Matt dies and the girl escapes, and the night after that Ronny disappears.” Larry studied Missy’s face as he spoke, taking a step closer, and Missy felt like she would snap at any moment.

“Perhaps I should be afraid of you.” Larry said with a chuckle as Missy stayed silent. “But I have to wonder, why? Why would you save that girl?” Missy took a deep breath before answering, glancing around herself. “I wasn’t the one who took her away from the cells… But what you did to her was wrong.” Now there was a touch of disbelief in Larry’s eyes.

“Wrong? That girl was an ungrateful loudmouth bitch.” The tone on Larry’s words was more serious now. “We told you she had been speaking shit about Ronny, but perhaps we should have told she talked shit about you as well.” Missy turned her eyes down, not wanting to hear anymore. “She called you a dirty whore, an abomination, a nasty creature…”

“Quiet!” Missy shouted, and a couple of guards who happened to walk near them turned to look at Missy and Larry, but quickly went on their way. “I don’t care; I did the right thing.” Missy spoke with determination in her words, but Larry just chuckled.

“Did you?” He asked cynically. “Do you feel better now? Did this redeem all the things you’ve done?” Missy couldn’t take it anymore, she turned her back for Larry, and walked away. She walked with haste through the corridors, almost running. Her heart was beating fast, and she felt like crying, but she had to stay strong.

When she arrived to the stairway she started running, she felt like she was chased, even if she didn’t see anyone following her. She had to reach her room, there she would be safe. She ran down the stairs to the cellars, and made her way to the corridor where her room was.

And there she saw King Albin waiting for her.

Albin was leaning against her door, a calm expression on his face. For a small moment Missy almost chose to turn around and run away, but then she realized that wasn’t a real option. The only real option was to face her King, her only love.

“Come here, Missy.” The King commanded with a calm tone, and Missy followed his order. She walked to Albin, and looked at him with fearful eyes. The King put his hand on Missy’s shoulder, and smiled. “My dear.” He said softly. “We need to talk.”

“Of course, Your Grace. What do you wish to talk about?” Missy asked with thin voice, and Albin let out a dry chuckle. He closed his eyes for a moment, and as he opened them, he stared directly to Missy’s eyes. “About Ronny.” He stated with quiet but powerful words.

“What about him, Your Grace?” Missy asked, feeling her hands starting to shake. Albin sighed. “Something happened between you two, just spit it out.” There wasn’t anger in the King’s voice, but it was still commanding.

“I killed him.” Missy admitted immediately, closing her eyes, waiting for the King to punish her. Instead, Albin just let out a small laugh. “You… you are not angry?” Missy asked, and Albin shook his head. “I liked Ronny.” He admitted with a twisted grin on his face. “The boy had brutality. But if he got killed by you, he certainly deserved to die. Where is the body?”

“It’s under my bed.” Missy mumbled, and while she felt a bit relieved, the atmosphere was still tense. The King nodded. “Now then, tell me Missy, how did this happen? Why exactly did you kill Ronny?”

“He came to my room, he threatened me, promised to make me cry and scream in pain.” Missy explained. Albin stayed quiet for a moment, eyeing Missy, as if he wasn’t sure whether to believe her or not. “Something must have happened before that.” He then stated. “There must have been a reason for Ronny to do that. Tell me the truth, Missy.” Albin demanded. His face was deadly serious now, and Missy gulped. She wondered if the King would be happy with the truth. She also wondered whose lives would she put in danger with the truth. The Queen? Shana? Alaric? Purple Ocelot? My own? But she also knew that lying to the Great King would be a huge crime. And a huge risk.

[Tell him the truth] [Come up with a lie]

• [Tell him the truth]

Missy Missy stood at the gallery of the throne room. She showed no emotion to the world around her, but inside her was a storm. This was

• [Come up with a lie]

nope.avi

Missy Missy stood at the gallery of the throne room. She showed no emotion to the world around her, but inside her was a storm. This was

• [Tell him the truth]

• [Tell him the truth] First off, there is something so intriguing to me about this calmness that King Albin is showing in this part especially since we know the madness he is capable of. I am not sure if it is genuine or a trick on Albin's part and I am really not sure what to choose here but I will go with telling him the truth largely because I do not think it is wise to risk angering Albin and making him an enemy when she already has so many in Kingsgrave.

• [Tell him the truth]

I said before that it was possible that she would not be punished for her earlier actions, considering her position in the court. Although, I'm not sure on what he he would do if he catches her lying to him.

• [Come up with a lie]

• [Tell him the truth]

Alright, Albin's calmness is utterly terrifying to me. After the reveal that Benedict is not as bad as I thought him to be, I tried to look for any redeeming features in Albin as well. Obviously, I failed. However, he still surprised me by not being angry at Missy for killing Ronny. As for the choice, I believe lying to him is a severe mistake for Missy. Despite his madness, he seems to be good at reading people, especially if they are as broken as Missy. He effortlessly figured out that she killed Ronny, so I guess he would figure out she would lie to him as well. Aside from that, from a certain perspective, the Queen and Alaric actually did him a favour and he shouldn't be angry about the truth. His freaks went out of control and tortured the daughter of his vassal, so they took care of the problem discreetly and without causing a scandal. It's not as if they have harmed him, quite the contrary. It seems not impossible that the truth is even going to please him, because if they wouldn't have taken care of the problem, he would have been in danger of loosing one of his vassals in the future.

• Voting is closed!

And Missy will tell the truth to King Albin. Couple of you noted that Albin was surprisingly calm in this part. Well, let's just say that if he doesn't like the answer that will change very quickly.

I have started to write the next part, but it most likely won't be ready today. It's the third part of Isabella Fowler - and here is the recap: Princess Isabella's story started with her facing the choice of who she would like to marry - Prince Naemon Blackmont or Prince Malcolm Dayne. For a moment she even considered suggesting Prince Jamison (her crush) to her father, but ultimately she picked the politically wise choice, Prince Naemon, and her father was proud of the choice. After this though she felt a bit regretful, wondering if her marriage with Naemon would be happy and if she would be able to forget Jamison. Then the youngest of her three brothers, Desmor Fowler (part of the Royal Guard) came to chat with her, and invite her to the gardens. In the gardens their father, oldest brother Ferris, and aunt Obara were waiting for them. The conversation quickly turned to Isabella's marriage, and Obara made clear that she didn't agree with her brother's approach. Isabella asked who would Obara have her married with, and she claimed that the Yronwoods were the obvious choice, which Garrison strictly disagreed with. Obara wanted to hear Isabella's own opinion, and you voted for her to agree with her father.

• Well, I've been gone for awhile now, Sorry bout that. But now, here I am! I'm back.

Voting is closed! And Missy will tell the truth to King Albin. Couple of you noted that Albin was surprisingly calm in this part. Well, l

• @Mathea you asked for my version of Aisha. Well, here you go ;D

enter image description here

• Wow, that's great picture :-D She is literally glooming... and face expression is as well priceless. Good job and thank you, did not expect you do draw her that fast.

@Mathea you asked for my version of Aisha. Well, here you go ;D

• And here is Nymeria, Princess of Dorne, aka the Warrior Queen.

enter image description here

• Hey everyone! I have been a reader of many stories on these forums and it is safe to say that all of the ones that I have read are excellent! They also have inspired to try some writing of my own but I also believe I am not dedicated enough to write a story of my own but I still wanted to try something. I am also a pretty big fan of the History and Lore videos that are bonus features of the Game of Thrones season Blu-Rays so I decided to do something like that here. If you have never watched them, they basically talk of various customs and history of Westeros from characters on the show's PoV. This has been approved by Wildling beforehand with him helping me with it so it is indeed legitimate. Hopefully you guys enjoy it!

• edited July 2016

Nymeria's War:Histories & Lore-Jamison Dayne-Knighthood

“Upholders of the Seven, common killers in shining armor, beacons of hope throughout the land, and savages with a title.” Jamison said with an arrogant tone and a smirk on his face. “Those are just a few of the many ways, good or bad that people describe knighthood and the men that follow this path.” Truthfully he said, “I myself believe that knighthood lies somewhere in between.”

Now serious he said, “From as far back as I can remember, I dreamed about becoming a knight. I mean, who wouldn’t? An honorable and just man who defends the downtrodden and fights for the greater good, it was all I wanted as a boy, and sometimes I wish it still was. I closed my eyes and thought about the ancient Andals that came across the Narrow Sea to stake their claim on Westeros, and brought knighthood with them. With their lances, iron weapons, and organized massed formations, the Andals were a force unlike any the First Men had ever seen. They conquered all of Westeros south of the Neck, and did it all in the name of their gods.” A small smirk appeared on the face of the young knight. “I mean, this is what my septon taught me and since he is a direct messenger of the gods themselves, it has to be true.” Jamison said this with sarcasm in his voice.

Back to being serious Jamison said, “I thought about the former Swords of the Morning from my own family, House Dayne. All of these men, however different from one another they were, they were also considered to be the epitome of being a knight along with being all that is good in the world. I remember thinking about how unbelievable it was that I share their name. And more than anything I dreamed of wielding their sword “Dawn” someday. However, I thought the best of them all was the Sword of the Evening, also known as the best knight in all of Dorne, King Vorian Dayne. He had won several tourneys along with winning countless battles and most importantly to me, he is my father. I think of his shining silver plate armor and his sword that shines so bright that I could see my face in it.”

“My father in my eyes was exactly what a knight should be, and what I wanted to be like when I grew up.” Now smiling, Jamison said “However, truth be told, I didn’t just want to be like all of these men. In the end of the day those men were servants, and I wanted to be better than all of them.”

Now speaking with determined words, Jamison went on: “In tourneys I wanted men to know that when they face me they are all competing to be the second best, and in battle to just be grateful if they make it out alive. Unusual outlook I know, but honestly, why become a knight if you believe otherwise?” Jamison remarked with an all-knowing tone in his voice.

“Despite all that I’ve said, I will admit that I would be lying to you if I said that the day I was knighted was not one of the happiest days of my life. I was knighted for valor in battle at the age of 15 when I helped root out an army of rogue hedge knights at the border of our kingdom and the Blackmont’s. These men were taking tolls in the name of our kingdoms.” Jamison rolled his eyes. “Well their leader decided to test a young squire in single combat, and let’s just say I made him bend his knee to me – and then I made his neck bend as well. Safe to say, these men were of no trouble after that. It is funny looking back at it really, because I understand why those men did what they did, you do what you must to succeed. Those men just picked the wrong kingdom to try it in, and for that they paid the price.” Jamison said this proudly.

“The point I am trying to make is that everything is not exactly as it seems. There is no good, and there is no bad when it comes to your actions – there is only what must be done to succeed. Or maybe that is just a lie I tell myself, who knows.” Jamison said this with genuine uncertainty. “What I do know is that I am far from the young boy who dreamed of being a true knight when I see my armor of black with the purple amethysts adorning it and my sword “Dark Moon” with a blade so dark that blood does not even stain it. I think about my words and actions that have at times been far from my vows. However, I will say that those vows that knights are made to speak are impossible to hold to anyway – you always break one or the other.”

“Men and women alike call me the Sword of the Night, some in innocent ways, some in more respectful ways than the others. You can say that I may not be the truest knight of them all, but I am the knight that is needed and I am the knight that will get us through our troubles and I am the one who will put House Dayne exactly where it belongs.”

• Indeed, this is canon ;D

And for those who haven't watched the History and Lore -videos, here is a fitting example:

enter link description here

CM3434 posted: »

Hey everyone! I have been a reader of many stories on these forums and it is safe to say that all of the ones that I have read are excellent

• edited July 2016

Isabella

”I… I must say that I agree with my father on this matter.” Isabella said, her voice a bit uncertain. Her aunt Obara bridled and rolled her eyes. “Of course.” She blurted out with a sour tone. “I should’ve guessed; you’ve raised your daughter to be a mindless girl who does whatever her father tells her to do.” Obara’s words were directed for King Garrison, but Isabella stood up from her chair with fury. As everyone – who could see – turned their eyes on her she felt the heat raising to her cheeks, but she didn’t back down.

“I’m not a mindless girl.” Isabella insisted, but the look Obara gave her was dismissive. “I’ve read history, and I’ve studied the great houses of Dorne. And it is my opinion that the Yronwoods aren’t a good ally for us.” As she finished speaking she sat down, and noticed the small smile on her father’s face. Obara though looked much less pleased.

“Perhaps we should talk about something else.” Prince Ferris suggested with a conciliatory tone. “That sounds like a good idea.” Garrison replied calmly. For a couple seconds everyone was silent.

“How about that secret mission of Ser Russal?” Prince Desmor spoke up, and Garrison sighed. “There is no need for you to know about that, little brother.” Ferris said with a sharp tone, which made Desmor frown. “And why is that? Are you afraid I might leak our secrets to the Mad Albin? Am I not as trustworthy as you or Ser Russal?” Desmor spoke with agitated tone, and everyone around the table looked already tired of this conversation.

“Perhaps we should talk about something that is not related to war or politics.” Isabella spoke up. Garrison nodded to her with a smile, but Desmor just shrugged and crossed his arms. “Now, aunt Obara, how has it been at your keep lately?” Isabella asked with a polite tone, surprising Obara with her question.

“Oh, well, it’s been all quite well I suppose, thank you for asking.” She answered with a polite and lofty tone. “It’s a beautiful place, you should visit more often.” Isabella gave her aunt a smile and a nod. Obara went on to speak about her vineyard, and Isabella did a good at job looking like she was interested. As Obara talked and talked, Isabella kept her smile on, while Desmor who sat next to her was quite clearly showing his boredom and frustration.

“I think I’ve bored everyone already with my blabbering!” Obara said after a while, and Isabella noticed Desmor rolling his eyes. “Oh no!” Isabella said politely. “It’s been fascinating to listen to you.”

“Quite fascinating indeed.” Desmor mumbled, and Isabella gave him a small nudge to the shoulder. “Well then, Desmor.” Obara said, her voice a bit more edgy now. “How are your plans for the future? I assume you don’t plan to serve as a Royal Guard for the rest of your life, you are a prince after all.”

“What does it matter to you?” Desmor asked with little interest in his voice, and Obara’s eyes widened in bafflement. “Forgive my son’s behavior, sister.” Garrison said with calm but grim tone. “His future is with this family, with House Fowler, and the Kingdom of Stone and Sky.” Obara raised her eyebrow for these words. “Surely you must be looking for a bride for him, he is already…”

“I marry when I feel like marrying!” Desmor snapped, stood up and walked away from the garden. Garrison sighed tiredly, and Obara looked at this with scandalized expression.

“Good wine.” Prince Ferris said dryly as he gulped his glass empty.

-

“When will you travel to Blackmont?” Cassana Blackpool asked. She was smiling, but Isabella could spot a small touch of sadness from her words. They were spending the evening at Isabella’s balcony, and the sun was closing the mountains in the horizon. “I don’t know.” The Princess answered with a sigh. “I don’t even know if I really will be married to Prince Naemon.”

“Why wouldn’t you be? He is a stupid prince if he doesn’t take you!” Isabella laughed gently at Cassana’s words. “You’re sweet, Cass. But it’s the King who will decide, not the Prince.” She explained, and Cassana nodded. “And if I go to Blackmont, I’ll take you with me.” This brightened the look on the handmaiden’s eyes.

“Do you promise?” She asked with a wide grin on her face, and Isabella let out a small laugh. “Yes, I promise.” She said with a kind tone on her voice. Isabella saw how thankful Cassana was, but in all honesty she was even more thankful herself to have such a friend.

“But like I said, I have no idea if I’m really going to Blackmont or not, father hasn’t talked about it.” Isabella said and let out a tired sigh. Her whole childhood she had dreamt about having a glorious wedding, but now she knew how stupid that was. She would have to leave her home, marry a man she hardly knew, and all just to secure an alliance for her father. Isabella tried to tell herself there was nothing to be upset about, but somehow she just kept getting more and more frustrated.

“Perhaps you should talk with your father.” Cassana suggested suddenly. “I mean, just to make sure.” Isabella nodded. “You’re right, Cass… I’ll do it now.” She said, and the look on her handmaiden’s face was surprised. “Oh, now? Um, do you want me to come with you?” Cassana asked, and Isabella shook her head. “No need, I’ll find there myself.”

With decisive steps Isabella made her way towards King Garrison’s chambers. She was a bit surprised even herself – about her decisiveness, about her anger. Isabella didn’t really think her father had done anything wrong, but she just felt like she had to know what was the situation. I decided to cooperate without complaining, I sided with him against Obara – I deserve to be kept informed.

When Isabella saw her father’s door she started to feel a bit less sure of herself. She stepped in front of the door, and subtly shook her head. No, I’m being stupid, she thought, turning around. Father will tell me when there is something to tell. She was about to start walking away, when she heard something.

“Ser Russal … the mission … dishonorable.” She heard the words of her oldest brother Ferris. Silently she took a couple steps closer to the door, carefully leaning against it.

“He will stay … unless … to do so.” This was the voice of Garrison. Isabella glanced around herself, to make sure no one was in the corridor. They must be talking about that secret mission Desmor mentioned. She pushed her ear against the door again.

“… find out about this … will be risked, as well as Isabella’s safety.” Prince Ferris’ words were calm but serious, and they sent shivers down Isabella’s spine. She stepped away from the door, feeling nervous – this was something she wasn’t supposed to hear.

[Continue eavesdropping] [Knock on the door] [Walk away]

• [Continue eavesdropping]

If this concerns her safety; she deserves to know what they are discussing. Like she said, she deserves to be informed. Btw, I love how you are portraying Obara; just how I imagined her. At certain points her actions and expressions are quite comical, an example being her scandalized expression regarding Desmor's temper tantrum.

Isabella ”I… I must say that I agree with my father on this matter.” Isabella said, her voice a bit uncertain. Her aunt Obara bridled and

• [Continue]

Isabella ”I… I must say that I agree with my father on this matter.” Isabella said, her voice a bit uncertain. Her aunt Obara bridled and

I'm absolutely sure there is no risk for Isabella in this situation. Even if they catch her, they are her family and quite obviously love her, so I don't think there's anything bad coming out of eavesdropping here. In fact, Isabella might be able to learn something interesting. Apparently, Garrison plans something that could put Isabella at risk and she deserves to know about it. I wonder if it might have something to do with the planned alliance with the Blackmonts, as Ferris specifically mentioned that Isabella's safety and something else (the alliance, probably) will be risked if someone (the Blackmonts in that case) will find out about this dishonourable mission. The mention of Ser Russal even gave me an idea what it could be. Perhaps Garrison plans to send him with Isabella to Blackmont, to act as a spy at Benedict's court. Not sure if that's such a good move, but Garrison seems to be the kind of man who likes to know exactly what happens around him and at the courts of the other kings.

• edited July 2016

About the mission (and this shouldn't be a spoiler since it was mentioned in the earlier Isabella part): It's a mission that has already (at least supposedly) been completed. There are also couple more things we know about it that you can check from Isabella's second part.

[Continue eavesdropping] I'm absolutely sure there is no risk for Isabella in this situation. Even if they catch her, they are her family

• Ah, now I remember, thanks! That actually gave me yet another idea, though it's possible I have missed some more hints and am seriously in the wrong here. But Ser Russal has been gone for a couple of weeks, without his usual armour, which probably means he went somewhere where he didn't want to be recognized as a member of Garrison Fowler's kingsguard. Now I'm just going to try a shot in the dark here, but my new idea would be that Russal and Garrison, and not the Yronwoods as I originally thought, are behind the alleged Manwoody attacks on Blackmont land, in an attempt to trick the Blackmonts into joining the war against the Manwoodys. That would certainly be even more dishonourable and just like the spy stuff I assumed earlier, it would put Isabella's life at a severe risk.

About the mission (and this shouldn't be a spoiler since it was mentioned in the earlier Isabella part): It's a mission that has already (at

• enter image description here

Ah, now I remember, thanks! That actually gave me yet another idea, though it's possible I have missed some more hints and am seriously in t

• edited July 2016

[Knock on the door] I think it's much better to ask for an explanation, we should get it and noone has the right to be angry at us.

• I'm not closing the vote yet (though it's starting to look pretty clear), but I have another part ready. It's a Nealia PoV, and here is the recap: While the Rose Company was residing at the town of Tidmarsh, Tryden Flowers, Illor, and Nealia Sand rode to Hellgate Hall to meet King Lucifer. Lucifer's attitude towards Tryden and his company was quite cynical, and he even hinted the possibility that he had just invited Tryden there to be killed by his threatening knight named Ser Blackheart. However, as the conversation turned to Nealia, Lucifer was quite surprised that the bastard of King Vorian was part of the Rose Company. He asked Nealia's opinion about Tryden, and she said that he can be trusted when he gets paid enough. The King was happy enough with this, and agreed to make a deal with them - their mission would be to support the Bandit Lord Efran, who has been sabotaging the lands of Dalts. While Tryden was making the contract with Lucifer's treasurer, Nealia and Illor had a bit of a conversation. Illor told about his childhood in Braavos, and his rise to becoming a skilled warrior. After that Nealia agreed to tell about her childhood, going through her time with her mother, and then her time at Starfall. After that Tryden came to them, giving the first payment of this job. They all rode back to Tidmarsh, and returned to the tavern Jolly Fisherman, which was kind of a mess in result of the Rose Company spending their time there. At the door Nealia had a small chat with Summer Islander woman named Manda Za, and once she got inside she wondered if she should spend more time with Illor, or get to know these twin sisters from somewhere far east. You voted for her to spend time with the twins.

The part is ready now, so I'll post it immediately!

• edited July 2016

Nealia

As Nealia sat down to the table with her wine, both of the identical twin sisters turned to look at her. One of the twins wore her pitch black hair open, and she looked at Nealia with a small smirk, whilst the other one – her hair was tied to a bun – was frowning. Both of them had mismatched eyes – the one with open hair had left green eye and blue right eye, and the other one had it reversed. Both of them were wearing light leather armors.

“Well, hello there.” The girl with the open hair said with a playful tone. “Hi, is it alright if I sit here?” Nealia asked, and the open haired twin nodded.

“You are Nealia Sand, right?” She asked cheerfully, and Nealia nodded. “I am, and you?” She eyed at both of the young women as she asked this. “My name is Lien Yu, and this here is my sister Ying Yu.” The cheerful one answered.

“Is there a reason you came to our table?” Ying, the one with the tied hair, asked sternly. Her sister nudged her on the shoulder. “Ease up Ying, I’m sure she just wants to get to know people. Isn’t that right, Nealia?” Lien asked with a friendly smile, and Nealia nodded.

“Yes, I’m quite tired of the company of Tryden.” She replied truthfully. “And since you two and Manda are the only women in the Rose Company besides me, I figured…” Nealia didn’t have to finish her sentence as Lien nodded to her understandingly. “I’m glad to meet you, Nealia.” She said, offering her hand for shaking. Nealia took the hand and shook, feeling happy and relieved. Looks like I’m making some sensible friends. Lien smiled, but her sister still had a stern expression on her face.

“So, I figured out that Manda is from the Summer Isles, but how about you two? I mean, you don’t look like Westerosi.” Nealia asked this as politely as she could, and Lien let out a sweet chuckle. “Yeah, we aren’t Westerosi.” She replied with a relaxed tone. “We come from the Empire of Yi Ti, land of hundred princes as some say – though I must say there are more than a hundred of them.” Nealia nodded quietly, she felt a bit embarrassed, because she remembered hardly anything about Yi Ti. She knew it was somewhere far in the east, and she remembered the maester of Starfall mentioning that basilisks roamed the jungles of Yi Ti.

“So, how do two women from somewhere that far away end up on Dorne, and fighting for Tryden Flowers?” Nealia asked with genuine interest. Lien let out a small sigh. “Truth be told, the reason we are in Dorne is simply because Manda thought we’d find a good sellsword company here – and well, I guess we did. You see, back in Yi Ti me and Ying were trained to be warriors, but we wanted to see the world, so we left our home. This was several years ago, and so we sailed around Summer Sea, visited New Ghis, Tolos, Freehold of Valyria, and Volantis. In Volantis we met Manda Za, as we joined to the same sellsword company with her. We made many other friends in that company as well, but that didn’t last long.” For the first time there was a touch of sadness in Lien’s words. “We lost a battle at the gates of Myr, which shattered the company. We managed to get away with Manda, and it was her idea to sail to Westeros.” A small smile appeared on Lien’s face again.

“And then you found Tryden?” Nealia asked quietly. “Well, he found us.” Lien answered with a grin. “That was almost a year ago.” She added and took a sip of her wine. Nealia followed Lien’s example, drinking her glass empty, and eyeing these exotic sisters.

“So, do you trust Tryden?” She asked calmly. For an answer she got a shrug from Lien, and Ying narrowed her eyes. “Why are you asking this? Did the bastard send you to ask these questions?” Ying’s words were strict and commanding. Nealia raised her eyebrow and let out a small laugh. “What? No, no, no. I’m asking because I think myself that the bastard is fucking suspicious.” For the first time a very small smile appeared on the face of Ying. “On that we can agree.” She said dryly, and leant back against her chair.

“He pays well enough.” Lien spoke with casual tone. “And treats his men with res…” Lien’s sentence was interrupted by a large man falling over their table and bringing it down with himself. The man had short brown hair, mustache and tanned skin. His nose was bleeding and his left eyelid was swollen and black. The wine that had been on the table was now all over the floor, and some of it on the face of the man, who was laughing hysterically. Nealia noticed that Lien was grinning, whilst Ying looked seriously pissed.

Nealia turned to look who exactly had pushed this man against their table – and it was Broden. The bald man had drunken grin on his face, and stroked his beard and winked his eye to Nealia. Nealia rolled her eyes, while the man who had been pushed against the table stood back up and stormed towards Broden. With the help of Lien and Ying, Nealia lifted up the table, and they sat down again.

“Fucking drunk pigs.” Nealia muttered, and Lien laughed. The two men were throwing punches at each other, other men chanting around them. “I’ll get more wine for us.” Lien said with a smile and got up.

Awkwardly Nealia glanced at Ying, who stared at the table with a sullen expression. “You are quite different from your sister.” Nealia said quietly, and Ying nodded. “We are the two sides of a coin, as our mother used to say.” There was a touch of grief in her words.

“Is your mother…” Nealia started, but was cut off. “Dead, yes.” Ying’s words were grim. “She and our father were killed when we were twelve. Me and Lien found our way in the world, and we always had each other.” This reminded Nealia of Jamison. For a moment she wondered where was the Sword of the Night now, until Lien returned with a jug of wine and new glasses for them all.

“The innkeeper is really pissed.” She said with a smirk as she sat down. “Nearly refused to give me these glasses. So, what were you two talking about?”

“Nothing important.” Ying answered quickly, making Lien raise her eyebrow. “Okay, well… How about I ask you some questions now?” Lien directed her words to Nealia, who nodded approvingly. “So, you are a daughter of a king, right?” Lien asked, and Nealia nodded once again. “How in the world does a daughter of a king need to fight in a sellsword company for her living?” Lien seemed genuinely baffled about this, and Nealia let out an amused sigh.

“I’m a bastard.” She answered simply. “I don’t inherit anything from my father, and I have no role in ruling my father’s kingdom.” Lien still didn’t look convinced. “But surely a king would have enough gold to spare for his own daughter – bastard or not.” She spoke with questioning tone.

“Yes, I could live in Starfall if I wanted.” Nealia admitted, pouring wine to her glass. “Hell, father might even find a husband for me from his vassal houses if I asked, but… That’s just not for me.” She spoke with a bit of uncertainty in her voice, and Lien nodded quietly. “I understand you.” Ying said with a quiet and calm voice. “None of us want to be shackled to a life that is not meant for us.” Nealia flashed a warm smile for Ying, starting to feel like joining the Rose Company had indeed been a great decision. Suddenly she noticed that the whole taproom was silent. Broden and the man with the mustache had stopped fighting, and the chanting had stopped. Then she noticed that Lien and Ying were staring at something. Nealia turned her head, and on the other side of the taproom she saw Tryden Flowers standing on a chair, Illor of Braavos sitting next to him.

“Hear me, Rose Company!” Tryden shouted with his smooth voice, the wolfish grin on his face. “We’ve fought many battles, and we have many ahead us.” He started calmly. “Today I spoke with King Lucifer Dryland himself. Our reputation is great; our name strikes fear in the hearts of men!” Now he raised his battle axe to the air, and the drunken men cheered for him. “We shall break the Spear of Martell, and make the Sun of Rhoyne bleed!” The cheering got louder. “We shall bathe in the blood of the enemy, and make ourselves fucking rich!” This got clearly the loudest cheer so far. “Tomorrow we ride to war!” Tryden ended, and the men started to chant his name and stomp their feet. Nealia turned back to the twins. Lien was laughing cheerfully and stomping her feet, but Ying remained silent and sullen. Once more Nealia turned her head towards Tryden, and their eyes met. Nealia gulped subtly as Tryden Flowers stared at her with a bloodthirsty grin on his face, and a look of a predator in his eyes. To war, Nealia thought and let out a nervous sigh.

No decision.

• To war!

Nice part with nice, new characters introduced - I enjoyed reading it for sure and am curious how the fight will go.

Nealia As Nealia sat down to the table with her wine, both of the identical twin sisters turned to look at her. One of the twins wore her

• This final sentence, it was really chilly. I don't trust Tryden and now I'm not sure if Nealia is in good company while around him. The twins from Yi Ti are interesting though, I always like having a few of these really exotic characters in a story. Unlike Tryden, I also trust them and think that Nealia made some good friends there. Still, Tryden's expression in that final sentence, it gives me a bad feeling.

Nealia As Nealia sat down to the table with her wine, both of the identical twin sisters turned to look at her. One of the twins wore her

• [Continue eavesdropping] I have debated on this one quite a bit, and decided to go with this. I don't imagine it will hurt anything if Isabella were to eavesdrop here because she does have the right to know what is going on especially since it deals with her own safety and potential marriage. I don't see her father getting mad at her for it if she were to get caught so eavesdropping should probably be alright here.

• [Walk away]

I think continuing it would be better for Isabella, as she deserves to know WHAT is threat to her safety, and if she get caught, she may pretend that she only overheard it, but leaving it in that way IMO is perfect for the story. We can't get to know everything at once - let's wait it. It can make your story way better and interesting. Of course, it would be a terrible cliffhanger, but I am completely okay with taking it, if we will get a more interesting story as a result.

• As it seems very unlikely your option will win, I'll say this: Don't worry, Isabella won't learn everything about this situation by continuing the eavesdropping.

MicroAce posted: »

[Walk away] I think continuing it would be better for Isabella, as she deserves to know WHAT is threat to her safety, and if she get caug

• It looks like war is coming! I am very curious about what the Rose Company can do and excited to see Nealia and the Rose Company join the war that is going on the eastern coast. It was also intriguing watching how excited Tryden is for the wars to come and I am especially curious to see how it unfolds but it also shows that Nealia should hold off on trusting Tryden if she ever does.

• Looks like Tryden built up some fame around his men. He's still kinda shady though.

Well, war is coming.

• If you make people not trusting their own characters, you know you did a good job. :)

Great part again!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.