Nymeria's War (ongoing fanfiction)

Comments

• [Rest here]

• edited July 2016

Dianna Dianna eyed from the distance as the young noble boy Adian Dalt spoke with his general, while the sun had almost set. Finally, the

• [Rest here]

Dianna Dianna eyed from the distance as the young noble boy Adian Dalt spoke with his general, while the sun had almost set. Finally, the

• [Continue]
    I'm a rebel.

• Voting is closed! And this new site design is fucking up my head! XD

So, Dianna will decide that the convoy will rest here before continuing towards Lemonwood. Not the most important choice, but it has its small consequences. And I'm sorry if the quality of the part was a bit shaky, I wanted to get it done and ended up rushing it a bit.

Anyway, I'd like to inform that there will be a small break in the story now, as I have a lot to do in the next couple of days. I'm going to the other side of the country to visit some relatives and check out a potential new apartment. After that, on the weekend I'm taking part in a family celebration, so it'll probably be Monday when I start writing again. The next part is going to be a one-off PoV, so there isn't really need for a recap.

• I know that no one but Liquid responded when I suggested this last time, but wildlingking won't be posting for a few more days. Do any of you want to pass the time by discussing the story so far? What you like, what you don't, or anything in between. I'll start, I really like all the pov's so far. There hasn't been a viewpoint from Jamison or Myke in a while, so I want to see what their up to. I want to know what the mad king Albin will do once Missy tells him the truth, if he does anything at all . I want to know what Isabella finds out and why she could be in danger. What do you guys think?

• I'm posting with my phone so this wont be a long one, but I'll jump into the conversation a bit :)

It's good to hear you like the povs - I can admit I personally enjoy writing some of them more than the others, but I definitely like them all, in some ways.

Myke's situation in the tavern is definitely something I need to return to quite soon. There is a lot that needs to be shown in the Shepard's Path and I'm both excited and nervous about that.

What comes to Jamison, we'll see him quite soon as well - now that Nealia has left Brimstone. Yeah, that reunion will have to wait a bit longer (if it ever happens) :p

Oh, and I'm very much looking forward to writing the next part of Missy. Same goes to Isabella - all I can say is that King Garrison definitely has his shady side too.

I know that no one but Liquid responded when I suggested this last time, but wildlingking won't be posting for a few more days. Do any of yo

• I was absent recently, but catched up with unread parts, so I'll try to come up with my opinion. Well, the story is making progress rather slowly (no offence to WildlingKing, I mean that the story hasn't got this pace, as it is first chapter), though one thing triggers me (and it's not only this fanfic, I see this tendency often). What, will you ask? Don't see me as a psychopath, but lack of deaths. We are close to ending of first chapter (as its name is "The Sparks of War", and the war is coming quickly - as we have seen in last Nealia part, with those Trynden's words) and still - I feel like nothing really relevant happened. At this point in the series/books Ned Stark, one of the main characters of the 1st season was dead, and his son was marching to the King's Landing. I know this opinion may be unpopular and may look unjustified as it's only the start - I want to know yours opinion. Again, no offence to author - I find this story very entertaining and interesting, but I still wait for some shocker that will leave me with mouth open and won't let me sleep at night. Okay, that would be all of my opinion, now referencing to your question - I don't really wait to any parts (okay, I wait for Nealia's and Isabella's because it links with my characters, and maybe Missy - those parts are really climatic and quite disturbing - in a positive way of course). Still anticipating to any of those POVs to tie - it may make story way more interesting, as it was in Stigz's Northern Chill, which I am huge fan of. Okay, that would be all, let me know your opinion, on my "maybe a bit controversial" view ;)

I know that no one but Liquid responded when I suggested this last time, but wildlingking won't be posting for a few more days. Do any of yo

• Yeah, the lack of deaths is trigerring, but then again, Wildling didn't get as many characters and the story really just begun. I'm sure people will die out later. Wildling knows what he's doing.

I'm actually quite surprised that Liquid didn't kill that many people, but he aims for deaths to be well fitting into the plot and have impact, which I definitely understand. But then, he has a swarm of characters :V

MicroAce posted: »

I was absent recently, but catched up with unread parts, so I'll try to come up with my opinion. Well, the story is making progress rather s

• I definitely understand your point, I'm quite surprised myself how few characters I've killed so far :D However, I must say I wouldn't consider the story to be as far as the comparison of Ned's death. We'll get there eventually, and I do feel like I'm actually pretty trigger happy whenever it fits the story.

But yeah, mostly everything has been building up so far - I hope it will pay off in the future. After all, you care about the deaths more when you've really had time to invest to the characters ;)

I was absent recently, but catched up with unread parts, so I'll try to come up with my opinion. Well, the story is making progress rather s

• Hm, I gotta agree with the way Wildling handles things. The story hasn't really been that long and to me, it feels as if things have just started. I mean, we haven't even reached the end of Chapter 1 of Book 1 and to me it seems like this chapter is not going to end anytime soon. The first GoT book has roughly a thousand pages, Ned Stark died somewhere around page 900, depending on your translation. Nymeria's War currently has a length of about 100 pages in the document. Killing off a major character already wouldn't have quite the same effect as killing off Ned Stark at the end of A Game of Thrones. I don't know how long Wildling has planned each book of Nymeria's War to be, but currently it looks like Book 1 will have 500 pages at least, potentially more. In time, there will probably be some very big deaths, though right now they wouldn't be big deaths. They wouldn't be similar to Ned's death at the order of Joffrey at the end of the first book, they would be the death of Ned just as he reached King's Landing.

I keep it the same in my story and rarely heard complaints about it. At roughly 3/4th of the first book of three, which equals a thousand pages, I'm not even sure if I had a truly major character death XD Characters need build-up, which I think is doubly true if someone else, especially an active reader, actually did the effort of writing them. All of those characters have potential and if possible, they should live up to it. That's not to say that there shouldn't be death. Before Ned Stark died, we lost a couple of secondary characters. Jory Cassel, Viserys Targaryen, Robert Baratheon, whose deaths came earlier (though still at a later point than where Nymeria's War is at the moment) and who were less important than Ned, but who still left an effect on the readers because they got sufficient build-up. Just lining up death after death every couple dozen pages lessens the importance of these deaths and therefore lessens the emotional response a reader should have to them. I mean, that is only my opinion and way of handling things, though considering how he wrote Nymeria's War so far, I can only speculate that Wildling has a similar outlook on this.

• edited July 2016

I'm actually quite surprised that Liquid didn't kill that many people, but he aims for deaths to be well fitting into the plot and have impact, which I definitely understand. But then, he has a swarm of characters :V

A swarm of characters you say? Hah, barely enough to write the story, I say XD Jokes aside, I really feel there should be loads of build-up before killing off a major character, especially a PoV. I'm slowly getting to the point where I have enough build-up and can start killing, which makes me disturbingly happy, but there have been some secondary character deaths already. The Jory Cassel and Viserys Targaryen of FoT, if I may say so. And just wait until Aegon arrives. Very soon, there will be enough Fire and Blood for everyone ;)

I would prefer if Nymeria's War would keep it similar. Actually, I don't even need that much death, as I'm happy with this wonderful cast of characters still alive. I got a connection to most of them and would love to continue reading about them. Of course if there has to be death for the good of the story, smaller characters who need less build-up can die earlier, but to properly achieve the major reaction that is wanted for the death of a major character, there absolutely should be loads of build-up, unless Wildling goes for the shock value, which I have never been a friend of. That, or the character in question would be like Quentyn Martell, that one guy whom no one really gives a shit about XD

Crips posted: »

Yeah, the lack of deaths is trigerring, but then again, Wildling didn't get as many characters and the story really just begun. I'm sure peo

• Hehe, I actually never really know what to discuss, as I find it hard not to repeat myself whenever I talk about something I like. I greatly enjoy this story! I was already a huge fan of Wildlings previous work here in the forums, The Winds Beyond the Wall and The Land of Hundred Princes, but I feel this one is something else in terms of quality and out of the three, it is the one I enjoy the most (even though I loved WBW and especially 100 Princes). There is something I have in no other story here in the forums (aside from my own, though I doubt that feeling is comparable), at least not in this scale, but I feel connected to every single PoV we so far. They all offer something truly unique and I can't even say that one of them might be obsolete, or even just less important than the others. It's this uniqueness of the PoV's and many of the supporting characters that truly stands out to me. Out of all the positive points speaking in favour of Nymeria's War, I feel like this is the strongest. And I agree with you, I want to see more of Jamison or Myke. In terms of development, it seems they have received less material than the others, save for Naemon, Dianna and Tomas perhaps, though these three are very recent PoV's. Especially Jamison is one of my favourite PoV's, but he had the least amount of parts. Another thing that I still love above everything else is the happening at Blackmont. With Benedict showing some surprising shreds of humanity, the situation has become even more intriguing to me. Instead of a heartless sorcerer overlord, capable of just about anything, Gwendis is suddenly dealing with a rightfully disappointed father, which gave the whole situation a lot more shades of grey. And Missy, who finds herself in one of the most intriguing scenarios in the story and it keeps getting better and better for her, in terms of narrative.

• And this new site design is fucking up my head! XD

not just yours

Voting is closed! And this new site design is fucking up my head! XD So, Dianna will decide that the convoy will rest here before continu

• Yeah, okay. I see your point. You're absolutely right.

I think we all have this disturbing character killing wish but it's better to keep it at bay. I learned it myself. :P

Thanks for answering me.

I'm actually quite surprised that Liquid didn't kill that many people, but he aims for deaths to be well fitting into the plot and have impa

• I like the PoV uniqueness too. Each one gives us something new to dwell upon. Some PoVs are calmer, but still important, and the rest is about political intrigues which is the best thing in GoT in my opinion. That's why I liked Mira so much. From a shy handmaiden she became a frickin savage monster manipulating others as if it was nothing. I feel something similiar with Missy. She already has her first victim.

I wonder how the war's gonna go. If Wildling follows the canon, then obviously Nymeria will win. But I'm interested in the casualties. How much lives will be lost?

All kings are stubborn and ambitious, so I expect a lot. ;)

Hehe, I actually never really know what to discuss, as I find it hard not to repeat myself whenever I talk about something I like. I greatly

• Okay, thanks for all the responses, and I totally get your point - I know we're at the very start of the story, and I'm expecting too much on this point. Referencing to Liquid - well, I read your story and see how you handle this (I'm just not being active, too much catching up with previous books, sorry :D ). I understand that you need a solid build-up to have any primary character death, but as I said - that building-up may make death too predictable. I need a shocker - when on one part character is okay and all, and then on another, next one he's dead. I want this to make me afraid all the time for my favourite characters. All this wars - it's okay, honourable death for a right purpose, but really - too predictable. I regret that we don't have events like The Red Wedding, Dorne rebellion or even explosion of the Sept of Baelor (hail to George R. R. Martin) in our fanfictions on this forum. Again - I wasn't referencing only to Nymeria's War - I just have seen that WildlingKing gathered very active and reliable fanbase here, so I thought I can come up with this subject to discuss - and I am not disappointed. I see my opinion is unpopular, and I'm not suprised with it, but you all have to agree on one thing with me - it would be great if we got any betrayal, risky espionage and element of unexpectedness - relying on how WildlingKing developed as a writer I say we can expect some of that.

Hm, I gotta agree with the way Wildling handles things. The story hasn't really been that long and to me, it feels as if things have just st

• edited July 2016

Referencing to Liquid - well, I read your story and see how you handle this (I'm just not being active, too much catching up with previous books, sorry :D ).

Hehe, that's alright. It is indeed a lot from the previous chapters to read. Though, if you want to, there's technically a recap available, for a quick catch-up and at the end of next month, a Wiki should be ready for even more comfort ;)

I understand that you need a solid build-up to have any primary character death, but as I said - that building-up may make death too predictable. I need a shocker - when on one part character is okay and all, and then on another, next one he's dead. I want this to make me afraid all the time for my favourite characters.

Hm, I do get your point. Though at the same time, see things in a larger scale. For example, if Wildling decides to kill off a PoV in their next part, then that would be shocking of course, though it would also mean that they ultimately only featured in the first chapter of many to come. It would kinda make their storyline up to this moment pointless by having it end so early and it would be a waste of the beginning build-up and the potential of the character. To remain with Ned Stark, if he would have died in Episode 2, that wouldn't have been as much of a shocker as his death in Episode 9. Meanwhile, his death in Episode 9 was only such a shock because we got to know him for an entire season. Aside from that, I believe deaths for sheer shock value are rarely good for the narrative. Of course there should be deaths, but they should not simply serve the purpose of making us afraid for the other characters. That would kinda negate the importance of the dead character, by downgrading him or her to a mere plot device. The bigger the character, the more true this statement should be. Instead, I believe a good death should come after we really got to feel something for the character, either caring for them or hating them, and it should serve the purpose of helping to further the story. The really big deaths in the books always followed this.

All this wars - it's okay, honourable death for a right purpose, but really - too predictable. I regret that we don't have events like The Red Wedding, Dorne rebellion or even explosion of the Sept of Baelor (hail to George R. R. Martin) in our fanfictions on this forum.

Nah, I don't mean the deaths should be predictable. Surprising backstabbing, the totally unexpected death of a main character, all of that is fine. The death itself doesn't even need so much build-up. Take Oberyn for example, whom everyone expected to survive until the Mountain did something nasty with his head. It's the character that needs the build-up. To stay with Oberyn, his death only was so painful because we got to know him well and it made it all the more shocking. On top of that, it also made us afraid for another fan favourite, Tyrion. And I'm pretty sure there will be events similar to those you have mentioned over the course of Nymeria's War. Maybe not exploding Septs, wedding slaughters or the shittily written death of House Martell, but I'm sure that plenty of surprises await us to avoid making things too predictable. For now, I strongly believe it will be too early to kill off a main character, but then again, there currently is no real main character in the story, since no PoV had more than four parts. In the larger scale of things, four parts are probably nothing.

Again, I do get what you mean and I think I even support the general idea behind your statement, though I feel it is far too early for big deaths, because this early, there are no big characters in the story. There are other ways of making us afraid for the characters at this point of the story and to keep things unexpected.

Okay, thanks for all the responses, and I totally get your point - I know we're at the very start of the story, and I'm expecting too much o

• This is a great idea! I will definitely join in on the discussion. When it comes to the PoV's, I enjoy them all as well. They all have their own unique qualities and personalities which is what makes the story so great. The potential Blackmont-Fowler-Manwoody conflict brewing in northwest Dorne has me absolutely intrigued for what is to come since there is potentially going to be some kind of twist which makes me excited yet a bit nervous for what could possibly happen depending on which route ends up being taken. Like you, I am pretty excited for new Jamison and Myke parts as well since they are both two of my favorite PoVs and both have taken a short break from appearing as of late so once both start appearing again, I believe that they will both play huge impacts and be very important characters as the story goes on. At this point I can say the situations in Blackmont, Skyreach, and Kingsgrave are my favorite parts of the story at the moment with war being at the doorstep for all three kingdoms with potential alliance being made and battle coming anyday it is really exciting!

Missy is one of if not the most unique PoV I have ever seen so every part with her I look forward to and I am hoping that King Albin will not get too angry with her but if he does, I think he will hurt her more mentally then physically. I am excited for Naemon's trip in the Kingdom of Torrentine and look forward to seeing more of House Dayne in general so it would be pretty cool if Naemon is able to bring a Dayne army back with him. I am hoping that Isabella will not be in danger but with what has been implied it could be possible and I am really excited for when Jamison reappears in the story again! Overall, this story is so so amazing and I really can not say anything bad about it.

• edited July 2016

Alright, I'm home again! (Though I'll be moving in 3 weeks :p)

Firstly, thanks to @Tales-from-Telltale for starting a conversation! It was a nice way to keep the thread alive :) I'll start writing again now, and as I said earlier, it's going to be a one-off PoV, from the eastern storyline. Hopefully it'll be ready tomorrow!

And here's another character portrait, this time King Albin Manwoody, probably one of the biggest antagonists of the story atm.

enter image description here

edit: Looks like this was the 500th post on the thread! Yay! :D

• Your welcome! I just wanted the thread to discuss something before you continued the story.

Alright, I'm home again! (Though I'll be moving in 3 weeks ) Firstly, thanks to @Tales-from-Telltale for starting a conversation! It was

• The Knight of the Tower

”Where will you go?” Haryn asked with his soft and innocent voice. Ser Yandry of Olivegrove was a knight on his mid-thirties, trained to be a warrior. He had three children, and Haryn was the youngest of them, at the age of six. Yandry sighed, gulping down the rest of his ale, looking at his family around the table. He had two sons, Haryn and ten-year-old Jaremy, and his only daughter Jasmyn was at her early teens. Yandry’s wife was a merchant’s daughter, Kaila, and she had always been a kind and lovely woman.

Ser Yandry was the fourth Knight of Olivergrow, it had been his great grandfather who had been granted these lands by the Martells, and he had built this simple but beautiful tower to watch over these lands. On the northwest laid the grey hills of the Tolands, and on the east and south were plain lands and desert. A couple small villages were on the lands of the Olivegrove, and now those villages had been terrorized – it was Yandry’s duty to put an end to it.

“Father?” Haryn repeated. “Where will you go?” Outside of the Olivegrove’s tower stood a force of hundred mounted men, given by Princess Nymeria Martell. Ser Yandry had been skeptical of the Rhoynar for long, but the moment the Princess answered to him, he knew he had been wrong. Hundred warriors will ride with you to drive the evil off our lands, that was what she had said, and Yandry couldn’t have been more proud to bend his knee for this woman.

“Father? Did you hear me?” Haryn now spoke with impatient tone on his voice. “I have a mission, a duty, towards my Kingdom and my family.” He spoke quietly. Kaila gave him a soft smile, but the children looked confused. “What does that mean?” Jasmyn asked shyly.

“You remember when the village burned, right?” Ser Yandry asked with monotone words. “You remember when those men came and surrounded our tower?” Saying this still angered Yandry, but now the children nodded with a fearful look on their eyes. “Well, those men are bad people, invaders who have come here to do vile things. I’m going to stop them – that is why I have brought all those soldiers with me from Sandship.” Haryn still looked a bit confused, Jaremy nodded, and Jasmyn turned her eyes to the table. Yandry didn’t consider himself a great father, but he loved his children, and tried to raise them the best he could.

“There is no need to worry about your father.” Kaila said with her soft and kind voice, ruffling Haryn’s hair gently as she spoke. “He’ll be back soon, as a hero.” After saying this, Kaila turned to look at Yandry with her beautiful green eyes. The small moment when their eyes met was so warming that for a second Yandry wished he could stay here for one more night, sleep one more night with his beautiful wife. But I can’t, he reminded himself – he would have to leave very soon if he were to give those murderers the justice they deserved.

Yandry stood up from the table, and walked to the window. From there he could see the dozens of pavilions the knights and soldiers had erected outside the tower, and all those spear and sun banners that dangled in the lazy wind. Looking at it from up here, he almost felt like a king. This is my moment. With this mission Yandry had a chance to prove his worth to the Prince and the Princess, perhaps even rise to a higher status. Soon Mors and Nymeria would be conquering, and Yandry wanted to be there proudly marching to war beside them.

He turned back to his family, and they all looked at him. Yandry could spot a touch of concern from those eyes, but he wouldn’t let that affect him – there was no room for fear in the battle. He said his farewells quickly, and walked down from the tower. Outside over hundred warriors were waiting for him, ready to ride to war.

“Ser Yandry.” Alrah greeted and bowed. Alrah was the captain of Ser Yandry’s small set of guards, and he had already served Yandry’s father Preytan. Alrah was mediocre with sword, and he wasn’t even physically fit anymore, but he was the most loyal man there ever was. “I’m ready.” Yandry spoke calmly, and Alrah flashed him a smile. No more words were needed – a battle was ahead.

-

The small army of hundred men had been riding towards the coast for two days now. As they were resting by a hill that offered at least little bit shadow from the hot sun, the scouts returned with promising news.

“They are close by, less than an hour’s ride from here.” The soldier reported. Ser Yandry turned to look at Alrah and Firanisa, who was the captain of the Rhoynar warriors given to Yandry. Firanisa was a thinly built but tall woman on her early thirties, and she fought with a curved sword.

“Did you manage to count them?” Yandry asked with his stony voice, and the scout nodded. “A little over hundred – just like us.” He answered, and Yandry heard Firanisa letting out a sigh. “It will get bloody if we charge against them.” She spoke quietly, and Alrah let out a small chuckle. “Have you ever heard of a battle that was not bloody?” He asked, and Firanisa stayed silent. “Neither have I.” Alrah continued, turning towards Yandry now. “I think we should see them, and then come up with a plan.”

“Do you think they are aware of us?” Yandry asked from the scout, who shook his head for an answer. “I doubt it.” He said calmly. “They have been moving with haste, not sending scouts to secure their back.” Yandry gave the man a pleased nod. “Good.” He said with barely audible voice, and turned his eyes to Alrah and Firanisa. “You two will come with me, we’ll go and see this bunch of murderers and come up with a plan.” He spoke with determination. “And you will take us there.” Yandry added, speaking now to the scout.

And so they rode with haste through the dusty desert towards their enemy. In less than an hour they got close enough to dismount their horses and close in by foot. The enemy had made their camp on a valley that offered them shadow. Yandry, Alrah and Firanisa eyed them from a cliff that was on the southern side of the enemy forces. It would be impossible to charge them from this direction.

“So we can’t attack from south.” Firanisa started. “And getting around to their northern side… It could work, but most likely they would notice us before we got there. That would mean they’d be ready to face us when we’d get there.” Yandry stayed silent for a moment. “Perhaps that’s not a problem.” He said finally. “We can beat them on a fair battle, and it looks to me like that group is made mostly of sellswords – they’ll surrender if they have any doubts of losing.”

“Perhaps so.” Firanisa replied. “But sellswords are also seasoned warriors, for many on our force this will be the first battle.” Yandry let out a frustrated sigh, hearing the distant singing from the enemy’s camp. “So what is your suggestion?” He asked, keeping his voice down.

“We could ride to their eastern side.” She said calmly. “It’s not the best route to attack from, but if we charge on sunrise we have the advantage as they’ll be blinded by the sun.” Alrah shook his head subtly for Firanisa’s words. “Risky.” He grunted. “Too risky. What if it is cloudy in the morning? What if they notice us moving there and prepare for it? Then we are doomed.” Yandry nodded for Alrah’s words. “Those are fair points, my friend. But what is your suggestion?” He asked this calmly, and a sly smile appeared on Alrah’s face.

“I say we ride here this evening with the soldiers – there is still two or three hours before sundown. When the dark comes, we ride from the west with torches and burn down their camp.” Alrah’s suggestion surprised Yandry. It could work, but it was definitely a dishonorable move. Now it was Firanisa’s turn to shook her head. “That will just end up in chaos.” She said with cold tone. “A battle is always messy, but in the dark you’ll have no idea who is your friend and who is your enemy. That can’t be our tactic.”

“It’s Ser Yandry’s decision.” Alrah reminded the Rhoynar woman. Yandry closed his eyes for a moment, this was a very important decision. He wanted to destroy the enemy, he wanted to do it with honor, and he wanted to respect the advice of his captains. But I can’t do it all.

[Attack from the north] [Attack in the night] [Attack from the east in sunrise]

• Just noticed I can't even edit the opening post anymore D: Damn... I hope Telltale fixes this shit soon...

The Knight of the Tower ”Where will you go?” Haryn asked with his soft and innocent voice. Ser Yandry of Olivegrove was a knight on his m

• I'd say [Attack In The Night]

Very interesting PoV name. I assume it's Yandry's nickname?

The Knight of the Tower ”Where will you go?” Haryn asked with his soft and innocent voice. Ser Yandry of Olivegrove was a knight on his m

• Yeah, for some time you won't be able to edit the character list.

Just noticed I can't even edit the opening post anymore Damn... I hope Telltale fixes this shit soon...

• More like title I guess. Anyway, it's just a way of separating the minor PoVs from the major ones :D

Crips posted: »

I'd say [Attack In The Night] Very interesting PoV name. I assume it's Yandry's nickname?

• Oh, okay. I thought it was a nickname like the Purple Ocelot and it was intriguing.

Very nice chapter. :)

More like title I guess. Anyway, it's just a way of separating the minor PoVs from the major ones

• Ah, a minor PoV. That is quite interesting, I wonder if you have more of these planned. Probably not Yandry himself, but other characters who end up as one-shot PoV's.

[Attack from the east in sunrise]

Technically, attacking at night might have some good chances of succeeding as well. At the same time, intentional or not, I spot a Lord of the Rings reference, which makes this choice worth taking. At dawn, look to the east, eh? Yandry got to challenge his inner Gandalf XD In all seriousness though, a cavalry charge against blinded opponents should be absolutely deadly, if they manage to get it to work.

• edited July 2016

Yeah, I encountered the same problem. But fear not, I have found a workaround :) Just open the following link, which should only work for you as the creator of this thread: https://telltale.com/community/post/editdiscussion/105743

Just noticed I can't even edit the opening post anymore Damn... I hope Telltale fixes this shit soon...

• I actually considered making Yandry a major PoV, but since I didn't really have an arc planned for him I thought he'd be best utilized as a minor PoV. There is at least one minor PoV I already know I'm going to use in the future, but there will probably be others as well, whenever I see it necessary for the story.

Ah, a minor PoV. That is quite interesting, I wonder if you have more of these planned. Probably not Yandry himself, but other characters wh

• Roman (and older) tactics

There is an advantage of height over the enemy and if you are pitting infantry against cavalry, the rougher the ground the better. The sun should be behind you to dazzle the enemy. If there is strong wind it should blow away from you, giving advantage to your missiles and blinding the enemy with dust.

Ah, a minor PoV. That is quite interesting, I wonder if you have more of these planned. Probably not Yandry himself, but other characters wh

• [Attack from the east in sunrise]

• Hehe, basics like that are about as far as my knowledge of historical warfare goes, so better not expect anything too "authentic" from my possible battle parts in the future. I'll probably concentrate more on describing the atmoshpere rather than the tactics :p

joriandrake posted: »

Roman (and older) tactics There is an advantage of height over the enemy and if you are pitting infantry against cavalry, the rougher the

• Many thanks for this! I was already dreading how long it would take before I get to edit the character list.

Yeah, I encountered the same problem. But fear not, I have found a workaround Just open the following link, which should only work for you as the creator of this thread: https://telltale.com/community/post/editdiscussion/105743

• edited July 2016

[Attack from the east in sunrise] I do like the idea of attacking at night the best but attacking from the east with the sunrise is probably the best compromise to strike with a potential advantage and do it with the honor he wants to keep as well. Great part!

• If you just check out some videos on youtube about antic / medieval strategies it should give you enough inspiration for the stories, plus magic can influence things too

Hehe, basics like that are about as far as my knowledge of historical warfare goes, so better not expect anything too "authentic" from my po

• edited July 2016

[Attack from the east in sunrise]

Definitely the coolest option in my opinion :P Just better hope they don't find Yandry's camp during the night they wait. I gather, considering this is a one-off for Ynadry being a PoV, if it will fail or succeed. It would mean we would see it from Tomas' perspective (if I remember this is the same camp?), so it'll be interesting in his next PoV to see what happens. You've certainly made a neautral attachment by introducing Yandry as a family man, and a knight of honour. Hopefully this will end well for him, otherwise House Toland and the Bastard's bastard will likely feel the wrath of Nymeria D:

• Voting is closed!

Ser Yandry of Olivegrove will attack from the east in sunrise. We will see this battle fairly soon, but not from Yandry's PoV. This was a nice part to write, even if I was a bit unsure how interesting Ser YawnDry could really be as a PoV character :D Anyway, I don't have anymore parts planned for this character, so from now on he'll only be seen from other people's perspective.

Well then, the next part will finally take us back to Ser Myke's storyline. The part is like 99% ready, so I'll probably post it within an hour. But now, especially since his last part was so long ago, a recap is needed: Ser Myke of the Marches and Ser Joran Storm were sent by Lord Trevas Caron to seek his lost daughter, Kortney Caron. On the Wide Way they passed a village that had been attacked by knights carrying Manwoody banners. After this the knights decided to head towards Blackmont, and the road there is called the Shepard's Path. On their travel they met many people fleeing the lands. Finally they arrived to a tavern, where a bunch of armed deserters were lurking. There were also a small family, a young boy in plated armor, some regular customers, and finally two soldiers walked in. They were after the deserters, and that led to a fight. Two of the deserters died, but so did the older one of the soldiers. That led to the young and green soldier being surrounded by two deserters, and Myke decided to intervene.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.