The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Because they had escaped from him before hand, if you remember them saying about leaving behind reggie

• Sorry I didn't read your question properly :D

• Maybe this is a better answer for why wanted to escape in the first place:
    Carver was known for his disagreements with Luke about how he ran things at Howe's. At some point, Carver and Luke were at odds about his leadership. Things got to the point where Rebecca claimed it was "unbearable". Carver discovered that a group consisting of Rebecca, Alvin, Luke, Nick, Pete, Nick's mother, Carlos, and Carlos' daughter, Sarah, had run away from his community

• From what I've gathered:

Luke was apparently highranking enough to be able to combat some of Carver's more hardcore decisions. Rebecca was pregnant with what could've been or was his baby from a previous affair/assault and her progressing pregnancy made things worse between Carver and Luke. Carlos was entrusted with guiding Rebecca through her pregnancy and he and Carver had their differences, likely involving how Sarah was raised considering how Carlos acted when Carver was involved. Alvin's friendship with George and possibly Carver was tainted because George may have known something about the affair and apparently sided with Carver on the matter. And Nick, Pete, and Nick's mom likely tagged along for the ride out of support for Luke and maybe even a personal reason we never learned about.

So ultimately: Carver wanted to raise AJ as a heir (and possibly Sarah as a model citizen) to his settlement, threatening an existing marriage, ruining a few friendships, and causing his rival Luke to turn one(originally two) member of Carver's inner circle against him to get themselves and the baby out of his hands.

• Why do people stop playing Season 3 just because of the flashbacks? I get that they were badly written, I'll never forgive Telltale for that. But the rest of this game is so goddamn enjoyable.

• Kenny said working vehicle, which refers to Fivel's boat.

I suppose @ANFTWDG is right!

DabigRG posted: »

"Remember the last time we had a working car and sat around on our asses, Clem?" What was Kenny referencing here?

• It is always good to sympathize with all characters!

I like Carver as well.

• They're upset and currently don't want to spend money because they're upset.

AronDracula posted: »

Why do people stop playing Season 3 just because of the flashbacks? I get that they were badly written, I'll never forgive Telltale for that. But the rest of this game is so goddamn enjoyable.

• Hubs aren't better. Got a one liner with each of the characters so no development.

Gabe is annoying, but i can get why. Kate is just there. Constantly cant keep it in her pants.

QTEs are meh. Nothing like Batman. Just a lot of button mashing.

• Fans shouldn't have to forgive telltale. Telltale shouldn't have done it period. If fans spent their money for one thing and get another, they don't need to keep playing.

Why do people stop playing Season 3 just because of the flashbacks? I get that they were badly written, I'll never forgive Telltale for that. But the rest of this game is so goddamn enjoyable.

• This is same with the TV show. Some people stopped watching because Glenn and Abraham died.

They're upset and currently don't want to spend money because they're upset.

• Perfect post, Dabig! Summarizing:

• Luke disapproved of Carver's methods of running the community.

• Nick, Nick's mother and Pete had known Luke for twenty years; they sided with him when the community divided.

• Bonnie was romantically interested in Luke.

• Rebecca had sex with Carver and became pregnant, and was distressed by the prospect that her baby could be his.

• Alvin did not want Carver to claim Rebecca's baby as his. He had a disagreement with a friend of his, named George, and murdered him.

• Carlos disagreed with how Carver wanted him to raise Sarah. He was the only person who had the ability to assist Rebecca during labor.

• Reggie, well—he was Reggie.

From what I've gathered: Luke was apparently highranking enough to be able to combat some of Carver's more hardcore decisions. Rebecca wa

• Would you wish The Walking Dead all seasons were directed by Michael Bay?

• Probably because he was an insufferable egotistical tyrant who hurt people over the littlest things?

• Hell no.

Would you wish The Walking Dead all seasons were directed by Michael Bay?

• edited December 2016

Oh, fuck that! I haven't even watched most of his movies, but I'm pretty sure we don't really need to see Clementine in a miniskirt, Kenny taking a shit on Carver, and Jane failing to save Sarah by blowing her the fuck!

Would you wish The Walking Dead all seasons were directed by Michael Bay?

• Also, it's worth noting that Bonnie says Alvin probably didn't mean to kill George, suggesting he was in the way or something and got hit/shot the wrong way.

Also, I like how Reggie's contribution is just being him. :grin:

Perfect post, Dabig! Summarizing: * Luke disapproved of Carver's methods of running the community. * Nick, Nick's mother and Pete ha

• Probably deserves its own thread: Why do YOU like Clementine?

• Nah, I'm pretty sure she's black.

• Because some of them tagged along purely to see how Kenny and Jane would be implemented.

• I was wondering about this:Is it truly possible for Sarah to not give you the peroxide?

• Was the Shed Walker supposed to be Winston?

• Rebecca I can see, but I don't see Alvin in Clem's dad. He is closer to looking like Lee, but even that is pushing it.

Well, considering it was supposed to be Clementine's season, it seems like the obvious comparison. Which is why I never noticed it before.

• Ironically enough, I'd say he looks closer than Rebecca does.

there76 posted: »

Rebecca I can see, but I don't see Alvin in Clem's dad. He is closer to looking like Lee, but even that is pushing it.

• Having seen Carlos smile for once, I think this may have been the case at one point.

Was Carver supposed to be an evil version of Carlos?

• edited December 2016

No she gives it to you no matter how you treat her but if you don't agree to be her friend she will lock the door and tell you to go away.

I was wondering about this:Is it truly possible for Sarah to not give you the peroxide?

• I knew that much, but I heard you can get the peroxide another way if she doesn't give it to you, implying that its possible.

No she gives it to you no matter how you treat her but if you don't agree to be her friend she will lock the door and tell you to go away.

• What did some people mean when they said Luke was inconsistent?

• If Luke somehow had a season 2 ending, where would he and Clem end up and how would he have does? What would his flashback realistically be like?

• Nah it was a different person

Was the Shed Walker supposed to be Winston?

• Stick with your original endinending, trust me. That's the way the game is meant to be played

So I always keep the choices that I did on my first play through as canon, but after seeing that new trailer for season 3 I can't help but r

• Stealing from two other users ideas from my rewrite thread, Luke may just elect to go back to the Cabin, especially since the only Howe''s representatives who know where it is are either dead or displaced. He spent so much time fighting and trying to protect everyone that returning to the Cabin for a bit would be a way for him to deal with those feelings while allowing Clementine to stock up on any resources they left behind.

If Luke somehow had a season 2 ending, where would he and Clem end up and how would he have does? What would his flashback realistically be like?

• How does a thread about personal philosophies/morality/etc sound? And what other words could I use to help describe that general idea?

• edited December 2016

Interesting, that would make sense but the cabin was just so, so far away from where they ended up. It would have been quite a feat for Luke to get the kids and himself back there with a bum leg.

What could the tragedy be in that flashback? Like what is the most realistic death for Luke?

Stealing from two other users ideas from my rewrite thread, Luke may just elect to go back to the Cabin, especially since the only Howe''s r

• Interesting, that would make sense but the cabin was just so, so far away from where they ended up.

True.

What could the tragedy be in that flashback? Like what is the most realistic death for Luke?

Not sure. Unlike Kenny and Jane, Luke's flaws weren't really that played up and he was relatively controlled all things considered. Perhaps they would come across bandits or even remnants of Howe's at some point and Luke would be killed trying to distract them so Clementine can take AJ and run.

Interesting, that would make sense but the cabin was just so, so far away from where they ended up. It would have been quite a feat for Luk

• What happens if you don't shoot Jane in the flashback?

• That should've been obvious. I actually meant does she kill Clementine or not.

She remains as a walker.

• Oh. Well no, she doesn't.

That should've been obvious. I actually meant does she kill Clementine or not.

• Okay, thanks!

Oh. Well no, she doesn't.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.