Will Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne have some potential romance? (Plot discussion thread)

Comments

• Talia does in fact play damsel in at least one version of Batman. I'm not sure it would matter if her hearing was damaged with the Lazarus Pit if they did decide to introduce it into the story and apply Avesta as Talia.

Really, I'm simply torn between which would make for a better story. There is a certain appeal to leaving her as a character purely crafted by TellTale in that it gives the writers complete liberties to have someone interact with Batman in unpredictable ways. It also avoids any backlash from people who might be fans of a particular character who might be disappointed if they're taken in certain directions.

If the theory has any merit, it would be an easy tie-in for them if they planned on exploring it in the next Season -- or they could simply leave her as a former Agency agent. It's still unknown if TellTale will even allow her to survive this season or has any plans at all in bringing her into the next season. I'd like to think they're at least considering it.

Kaelthas posted: »

Doesn't in the comics Talia pretends to be kidnapped so Batman rescues her, and it was all a setup to prove if Batman was worthy as an hei

• Yeah except Avesta is not a character we know. Also if getting deaf is part of your plan, then I suggest re-planning asap.

Well, so did Vicki Vale, a petty reporter, as the whole villain mastermind of the release of the prisoners of Arkham and the leader of a re

• OH MY GOD IT MAKES NO SENSE HOW DID PEOPLE MAKE THIS UP.

• She's the best love interest in the series so far.

• Sorry to disappoint You, but She is NOT a love interest...

Zjaa6 posted: »

She's the best love interest in the series so far.

• KaelthasKaelthas Banned
    edited February 2018

Then how do you explain that I was able to give her a hug!?

JmoooX posted: »

Sorry to disappoint You, but She is NOT a love interest...

• Yeah interactions with her since episode 1 were a little bit non-screen time for her but then episode 4? The interaction with her and Bruce talking about Batmobile,Code,and basically feeling and doubting her director in the agency.

I feel like the more I think about it? It comes off has her being interesting and a good character especially her being potential romance option(I hope).

Then how do you explain that I was able to give her a hug!?

• edited February 2018

This thread is as stale as sixth month old bread. No one’s saying anything new. The people who like her are literally saying the same thing over and over and the people who are opposed to her are literally saying the same thing over and over. I honestly don’t know how this thread is still going with the same people saying the same thing over and over.

• It might surprise you pretty boy, but we can't talk about new things unless Telltale gives us some new information, when we see if she appears in the cover of the last Episode, or the trailer, or the actual episode, there we might start talking about "new" things.

AnimalBoy posted: »

This thread is as stale as sixth month old bread. No one’s saying anything new. The people who like her are literally saying the same thing

• What's with all the negativity showing up in this thread all of a sudden? It was nice to have a thread with civil discussion, can we get back to that please.

• I'm not sure if anyone's already mentioned this, but in episode 4 when she admits to being the one who told Waller your identity why are your only responses mostly positive? Like, "Don't worry about it", "You were doing your job", "I guess I'm mad, but I'll get over it".
    It almost feels like I was being forced to trust someone that was suspiciously clever enough to know my identity...

• Hopefully some romance will play out some more in 5.

• edited February 2018

lmao people are really trying to sabotage this thread. It's fine if you don't agree but you don't have to bash people in the thread. This thread has been full of great discussion and I would hate to see it ruined.

• edited February 2018

You're right. I am a pretty boy. And by new things I mean people saying something else besides "She's great" "She's boring" or you posting nonstop memes twenty times over.

It might surprise you pretty boy, but we can't talk about new things unless Telltale gives us some new information, when we see if she appea

• … and in the meantime the shippers of the BatCat ship – the one and only true ship that has a chance of succeeding, are staying patiently quiet and waiting for what will happen next… ;)

• edited February 2018

Just to finish the shippers offtopic and get back to the real discussion - I think that Avesta and Bruce are at this moment just two people who are polite /nice to each other and are working / talking together as a two colleagues. I do not think they are even friends at this moment, I do not see any indication that Bruce is attracted to her. Of course Avesta is fascinated with Batman and is fangirling about it, but honestly - who in her place would not?

If she is not having any secret agenda at this moment, I see there an option for them to become friends with time, but that is all what there is for now.

I do not think that this is intended to be a dating game, so I would not expect (and would not like to see) every supporting character becoming possible romantic interest for Bruce - it just cheapens all the real relationships with side characters that have a justification and importance from the plot point of view (not only in the sense of the romantic relationship, but also friendship, being colegues/partners).

• I'm not her biggest fan but it would be nice to have some kind of choice as my canon Bats isn't all that in to Selina and they have more of the 'I'm not letting you steal from me' Cat and Mouse game but he's not really /interested/ if that makes sense? I'm one of the sick ones that wanted something with Harley. But I would happily take an introduction of Talia al-Ghul or even Ivy as a potential 'interest' to go in to a 3rd season.

• I'm of the opinion that Telltale themselves destroyed the ship very early on. There is no romance between the two, get over it people.

edited February 2018

Are you saying that if a girl is polite to me it doesn't mean she is deeply in love with me!?
    She's not just polite though, SHE'S COMPLETELY OBSSESED WITH BATMAN, I bet she even has pictures of him in a secret altar on her closet, isn't she the first Batman's fangirl we met? Everyone else is rather "meh" about his work,even Tiffany.

(Also, Tales from the Borderland had 2 romances, Sasha was like the one in game and Fiona the one you could choose in the mystery box at the end of the game, they could do that here)

Gartives posted: »

Just to finish the shippers offtopic and get back to the real discussion - I think that Avesta and Bruce are at this moment just two people

• Definitely might happen I hope. Because Avesta is a great character and there's some chemistry between her and Bruce and not only do those interactions show some development for her.

It makes feel more interested in her and hopefully Telltale pushes a potential romance option with her.

Are you saying that if a girl is polite to me it doesn't mean she is deeply in love with me!? She's not just polite though, SHE'S COMPLETE

• It seems that I've had to come back a lot lately to ask that you guys get back on track.

This is a Story Discussion thread, not a Shipping thread. That means, we ask that you stick to on-topic plot discussion, speculation, etc, instead of posting memes or discussing how other "ships" or "shipping threads" are doing. If you guys use this thread as a place to post memes or discuss "ships" instead of actually discussing the story, we may lock the thread due to it becoming a Shipping thread.

Please stay on topic! If not, you risk the thread (and future threads like this) being closed. Thanks.

• edited February 2018

Thank You!!! ? every time we discuss the topic? Everybody goes off the topic. I don't want this thread to close at all! I love this thread!

It seems that I've had to come back a lot lately to ask that you guys get back on track. This is a Story Discussion thread, not a Shippin

• Maybe there should be a meme only thread created to keep those people happy so they can stop taking over threads.

• There is one. It's the Batman Meme and Fun Thread.

As to the game itself, I do hope that they open up more of a dating selection even though it is not in fact a dating game. It's not something I'd normally be heavily in support of in other games. I feel that a lot of games cater to male fantasy tropes entirely too much because that used to be their largest demographic ( which it still is, but not by the margin that it once was. ) It suits Batman to have a wider selection. One of the main descriptions for Bruce Wayne is as a playboy, and in the comics he's had a variety of different individuals he's pursued to some extent.

It's not simply a core element for Bruce's cover story either, as Batman has had a number of romances as well as there have been a handful who knew of both identities. For a lot of people, Batman and Catwoman may be written in the stars, but they're far from the only Bat-couple written in print.

I like the idea of an original character having a romance with Bruce Wayne. It adds an element of not knowing what to expect, and freedom for the writers to show their creativity. I wish there were a few more moments between them to discuss, because the call back as Avesta fan-girled over the Batmobile reminded me of the first time I stood in the cave revving the engine until Bruce ran out of things to say.

When her hearing aid went off in the car, I had a moment where I briefly wondered if Waller was using it to listen in on her conversations as it was Agency issued. I was leery of her idea of going after the blood alone when we spoke on the phone after that. It also gave me a moment of doubting my trust in her, because if it wasn't the Agency listening in or a simply moment of feedback caused by the hearing aid itself... then who or what could be listening to every word I say to her?

Maybe there should be a meme only thread created to keep those people happy so they can stop taking over threads.

• That was interesting but does everybody have that scene? Since her having the hearing aid is by player choice.

Poptarts posted: »

There is one. It's the Batman Meme and Fun Thread. As to the game itself, I do hope that they open up more of a dating selection even tho

• No, not everyone has the scene where her hearing aid acts up in the car. If she doesn't have a hearing aid, I think the two of you just keep talking or something like that.

That was interesting but does everybody have that scene? Since her having the hearing aid is by player choice.

• I have a feeling we will pick between Selina and Avesta to help us in Episode 5. We spent Episode 3 with Selina and Episode 4 with Avesta, so it kind of makes sense that it's leading to something.

• I don't think so, a more possible choice could be Avesta/Gordon, depending on whether we want to side with the Agency or the GCPD.

I still don't think, that Avesta will be a romance option, and to be honest, I even hope that She won't become one, because it would most likely mean that this is the last season of Batman, since it would be really hard for the developers to carry over two totally different romantic relationships to the next season. The only way to do this would be some relationship marginalization and that's the last thing I want to see in any of Telltale's games.

I have a feeling we will pick between Selina and Avesta to help us in Episode 5. We spent Episode 3 with Selina and Episode 4 with Avesta, so it kind of makes sense that it's leading to something.

• But Avesta said she wanted to leave the Agency, and Waller won't just step down so she can turn the agency into the good guys.

They don't have to carry two romances for the next season, Selina always leaves, and maybe Avesta will too.
    Even though people think the flashbacks in TWD A New Frontier were shitty, they still were 4 different kinds of content. this time they just have to do 2. And so far nothing shows Selina would even want to stay, she made it clear she came back for redemption, not to stay for good.

I don't think so, a more possible choice could be Avesta/Gordon, depending on whether we want to side with the Agency or the GCPD. I sti

• Yeah Avesta will want to leave the Agency and I remember I clicked the option to have her work for me and since that? I think she is more of a potential romance option for Bruce. I like her and I feel that Bruce and her have some chemistry.

I feel like Salina will just leave again and I don't know if she stays that there won't be option to either save her or Avesta(I still see that happening).

But Avesta said she wanted to leave the Agency, and Waller won't just step down so she can turn the agency into the good guys. They don'

• I don't believe it could come down to a Avesta/Gordon choice via the Agency or GCPD as Avesta has expressed some serious doubts about whether or not she'll be remaining with the Agency.

I can even see your point as to why you wouldn't want to see an additional romance with the treatment of some of the characters this Season, however I do believe the team has made some significant improvements from Season 1 to Season 2. I actually believe if it's decided that there will be a Season 3 that if they retain this team that pattern will continue into Season 3.

I think a lot of people have expressed that the roster was just too full for the time allotted to do any justice and not simply in a romance standpoint to several cast members. ( Tiffany, Bane, Freeze, Harley, Riddler, ect ) It was ambitious to cast a net quite that wide for a focus.

It wouldn't be that challenging to record a few lines of additional dialogue, and if necessary character swap. Who's being romanced wouldn't even alter a main story at any point between Selina and Avesta. It would if that romance were John or even to a much lesser extent Harley.

I'd like to think that if additional choices were added / carried over into next Season that this team could handle it -- whoever those additional choices might be.

I don't think so, a more possible choice could be Avesta/Gordon, depending on whether we want to side with the Agency or the GCPD. I sti

• And so far nothing shows Selina would even want to stay, she made it clear she came back for redemption, not to stay for good.

I do not know how it looks in your playtrough, but in mine both Bruce and Selina were pretty clear in voicing their wish to give a try to a real relationship between them. I would risk saying, that it would be probably pretty difficult to maintain such romantic relationship with one of the interested parties just suddenly disappearing, don’t you think?

Selina says that she came for revenge, but this relationship with Bruce is a profit which she did not expect. She says that she has no high expectations regarding it, but she has hope, and I understand this, as her stating that she is hoping, that this bond developing between them will work out. Does it seem to you that in this case she is just waiting for her window of opportunity to run away and disappear again? I definitely would not say so.

What will she say at the end? "It was so nice to 'play a home' with you for a few days Bruce, but now as our job is done, I am just going to run away again, expecting that next time when we will see each other you will be foolish enough to trust me and fell for me again... Thanks for the tea Alfred. See you around guys! I will just go now and jump into action again in a year or two..."? After all the relationship build up in this season, this course of action would be so irrational that I hope it is not even taken into consideration in the writers team…

If she would leave, it would have to be for an exceptionally good reason, but it would be terribly dissapointing if it would end with her leaving anyway...

But Avesta said she wanted to leave the Agency, and Waller won't just step down so she can turn the agency into the good guys. They don'

• "It was so nice to 'play a home' with you for a few days Bruce, but now as our job is done, I am just going to run away again, expecting that next time when we will see each other you will be foolish enough to trust me and fell for me again... Thanks for the tea Alfred. See you around guys! I will just go now and jump into action again in a year or two..."

Actually, that sounded very Selina-ish.
    I remember her saying the whole relationship was just icing on the cake. And after the whole "you were just a job for me" in Season 1 I would take every word of her with a huge pile of salt. What is stopping her from using and lying to Bruce so she gets access to the Batcave? We still don't know anything about her relationship with Riddler, or what she hopes to get from it.

Why would Selina suddenly forget her whole "I love the thrill and fun of being a thief" to become a housewife?

And so far nothing shows Selina would even want to stay, she made it clear she came back for redemption, not to stay for good. I do

• Actually, that sounded very Selina-ish.

Then, maybe I should start writing the fanictions then... B)

But putting jokes aside, it was intended to sound like season 1 Selina – the one which is putting on the “feline fatale” mask to hide her true self, just to run from the dangerous line, which when crossed would lead her into uncharted territory – getting involved with someone in a serious relationship. She run because of fear of getting attached to Bruce. She used her skills to steal from him just to prove to herself that it was really the only reason why she was hanging around. I see her whole speech about her true motives at the end of ep5 as voiced not to convince Bruce, but to convince herself. And from her interactions with Bruce in S2 it looks like her plan of not getting attached did not work out after all. This is how I see it.

Here is the catch - I do not know if Selina is toying with Bruce again or not. I do not believe she does. I think this time she is honest, because only this scenario would make sense if to consider a proper character's development. If I am wrong it would be highly disappointing because she would 'stay in the same place’ from the beginning of season 1. It would prove Bruce to be a fool, because his line about “everyone being capable of change” would be totally wrong. Probably he should just put the cowl aside and start taking care of Wayne Enterprises business then, because it would be proven that his mission is pointless.

The thing is – if Selina is playing with him again, this time it would be especially cruel. I do not know if you played the pro-Selina path, but I am choosing it every time, and each time it looks to me like it is her who this time is more inclined to this idea of relationship, she is dragging Bruce into it. She is not stupid, she knows perfectly well that under his Bat-armor he is a really vulnerable man, so if with that knowledge she is still using him like that for her secret agenda then despite my BatCat shipper’s heart calling, this would be over and in my playtrough Bruce would be never able to trust her again (I am a shipper, not a fanatic after all ;) so I will just cry silently in the corner).

Still, as I said, I do not believe this scenario with betrayal will happen, it has for now no support in in-game events.

"It was so nice to 'play a home' with you for a few days Bruce, but now as our job is done, I am just going to run away again, expecting tha

• Selina has pretty much told us her relationship with Riddler (If you asked her in ep3 after the elevator) Bruce asks if she and Riddler had a "thing" together and she responds that the only thing that happened with them was a few robberies in the past, and she adds that Bruce will always be her favourite in Gotham so he does not have to worry ;) I don't quite honest understand what is left to know between Selina and Eddie. She pretty much told us the story between both of them.

I doubt she will be a housewife, I can agree with you there that it would not fit out that she would just leave everything behind in a heartbeat. There will probably be some kind of process if they manage to get it together... one can only hope as for now that they do since that is the way I prefer to see the story move towards.

And if you are right Kaelthas then you can rub it in our faces and say you knew it all along, but I don't think it is the same Selina in season one as it is in season two, I believe she has changed for the better... but we'll see :)

"It was so nice to 'play a home' with you for a few days Bruce, but now as our job is done, I am just going to run away again, expecting tha

• And if you are right Kaelthas then you can rub it in our faces and say you knew it all along.

I can't wait!

19Street95 posted: »

Selina has pretty much told us her relationship with Riddler (If you asked her in ep3 after the elevator) Bruce asks if she and Riddler had

• edited February 2018

I can't wait!

This is it... With this line Mr @Kaelthas, you have just rised the stakes for this relationship. I did not know that I can wish Bat and Cat better ending than I did before you posted your message, but now I do. By trusting her I am putting my reputation here in the community at stake now... so if Selina will betray Bruce I will feel personally betrayed as well…

Let’s wait and see who is right ;)

And if you are right Kaelthas then you can rub it in our faces and say you knew it all along. I can't wait!

edited February 2018

Ahhh but there is a secret weapon I have that you're not counting on.

If Avesta doesn't end up as a romance and Selina does stay and becomes a good girl, then all my comments will magically be "edited" and I will claim I always was a Bat x Cat shipper!!

AND YOU'LL HAVE NO PROOF!

Now we'll have to wait and see for Ep 5, I AM TRUSTING YOU TELLTALE

I can't wait! This is it... With this line Mr @Kaelthas, you have just rised the stakes for this relationship. I did not know that

• Come on man, @telltale we need more BruVesta in episode 5

• Bruvesta 4 Life!!

Come on man, @telltale we need more BruVesta in episode 5

Sign in to comment in this discussion.