The Last of Us Discussion Thread

Comments

• They wont release it for PS3, right ?

• Sweet! I have the previous theme (I think it was from 2015?) and it's still cool to display even today. It looked like the black-and-white fungal growth clips seen in the game's intro. This one, while not as artistic would be cool to have..

Ekelund21 posted: »

Can't wait to get my hands on the new system theme. https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/the_last_of_us_outbreak_day_2017

• Not a chance in hell. It would run about as well as a car in the sea.

MrJava posted: »

They wont release it for PS3, right ?

• I only hope it deserves to be, and does not skate on it's name alone.

God I am so excited for this game because I know that it'll be phenomenal no matter what.

• Lol! Been waiting for this so there's a real reason to buy PS4.

captainivy1 posted: »

Not a chance in hell. It would run about as well as a car in the sea.

• Can't even manage to buy a PS4 so I guess I will watch walkthroughs on Youtube like I did with Until Dawn.

captainivy1 posted: »

Not a chance in hell. It would run about as well as a car in the sea.

• It's too late for that at this point. It could be complete garbage but it will still sell on it's name alone and people will still call it the second coming of Christ which is always a concern but I trust Naughty Dog to put the work in based on their track record. The hard work is already done building up the first game, it's more about what improvements they can make to the mechanics and the visuals. I just want more beautiful environments to get immersed in (and no more stupid paddle puzzles).

I only hope it deserves to be, and does not skate on it's name alone.

• (and no more stupid paddle puzzles).

As a man that spends 5 hours per day attempting to find ladders around the neighborhood, I am offended

Graysonn posted: »

It's too late for that at this point. It could be complete garbage but it will still sell on it's name alone and people will still call it t

• Lol, how can PS3 handle those type of upgraded graphics?

MrJava posted: »

They wont release it for PS3, right ?

• Well, I'm getting a little worried because Bruce Straley, the director of TLOU, left Naughty Dog and was never involved in TLOU2 development, the last ND game he directed was Uncharted 4. But at least Neil Druckmann is still there to write the story, he is professional. I hope the new director is just as good as Straley.

That concept art looks cool though. I have a feeling that Joel is the one who holds that hammer.

God I am so excited for this game because I know that it'll be phenomenal no matter what.

• Wonder if those 5(?) years were motivational enough for the word to start working on a cure. I guarantee you that there will be characters bitten in this one as well. Perhaps dead children, as TLoU seems to like it.

• I just re-watched the trailer and noticed some, small, minor details that I didn't notice before:
    Joel is holding a revolver in his hand. This might sound stupid but why would he be holding out his gun unless he is expecting enemies?
    When he first walks into the building, there's clearly a dead guy on the floor and he should be able to heard Ellie singing in the next room. (They live in a dangerous, harsh world, so it's always best to be prepared I guess.)

There is a smudge of blood on the wall outside of the room that Ellie is in, suggesting a struggle in a battle. (Well, duh, this is kinda obvious...)

The meetup with Joel & Ellie is kind of awkward. When Joel looks at Ellie, he looks down and then to the side in an awkward kind of way. Ellie also looks distressed, almost like she's going to cry, when Joel comes in.
    It almost seems like to me that Joel is slightly disappointed with whatever Ellie is "going to go through with", and Ellie seems kind of... ashamed when asked the question. She slightly shakes her head left and right, then it kinda seems like she's trying to convince herself in her mind that it's what she needs to do before she answers. Well... that's my take on it.

The trailer ends with a close-up of Ellie's face, just like the ending to TLOU.

I know all of these things are really petty and dumb... but I didn't notice these things before.
    ...Ehh... This is probably just an invitation to mock me for not noticing these things in the first place...

• Strange but interesting new trailer

• Yeah, it's really weird that Ellie and Joel didn't appear in this trailer. I don't think we met those characters before.

I figured it was TLOU2 right when that lady fired her gun because it's the same gun sound from the first game.

Strange but interesting new trailer

• Was a very poor show...hell even this was underwhelming.

• I honestly thought that the woman being hung was Ellie at first. Then I realized that the two don't look alike at all.

Some are already making theories that she may be Ellie's mother, which would mean that this is either a flashback, or she's actually still alive.

Either that, or this is a new cast we're being introduced to.

• This single trailer is more interesting than literally any story beat in all of the first game and I am so fucking excited for this game now.

• Eh, still better than Before the Storm :blush:

Was a very poor show...hell even this was underwhelming.

• Eh...I wouldn’t count on the sequel being better.

This single trailer is more interesting than literally any story beat in all of the first game and I am so fucking excited for this game now.

• It better be better. While I loved the first game, it had some flaws that I couldn't ignore.

J-Master posted: »

Eh...I wouldn’t count on the sequel being better.

• No Ellie or Joel? I was excited for nothing.

• Jesus, it's just one trailer. We already know TLOU2 is gonna have Joel and Ellie as the main characters.

MosesARose posted: »

No Ellie or Joel? I was excited for nothing.

• Eh...I wouldn’t count on the sequel being better.

I guess I'm the only one who HASN'T forgotten that literally every time Naughty Dog has started a game franchise the second one is always better.

J-Master posted: »

Eh...I wouldn’t count on the sequel being better.

• You don't need to copy and paste comments anymore ;)

Eh...I wouldn’t count on the sequel being better. I guess I'm the only one who HASN'T forgotten that literally every time Naughty Dog has started a game franchise the second one is always better.

• edited October 2017

I wouldn't consider this a poor show. All the games I'm excited for showed up: Detroit Become Human, God of War, the new Spiderman game, TLOU 2. What other game would you want them to show? Death Stranding I'd understand but isn't that the only missing game from the show?

EDIT: Unless of course you consider the clips themselves poor.

• hell yea my dude. nice job, web designers.

AronDracula posted: »

You don't need to copy and paste comments anymore

• Man your reply was so obvious that there are as yet undiscovered tribes in the darkest parts of the Amazon Rain Forest...and they KNEW you were going to say that....you need new material.

Eh, still better than Before the Storm

• edited October 2017

Lol it's not underwhelming. It's so rich and brutal I don't know how you couldn't enjoy that. Also you know that was Anna right?

• hoLY FUCK

Man your reply was so obvious that there are as yet undiscovered tribes in the darkest parts of the Amazon Rain Forest...and they KNEW you were going to say that....you need new material.

• Whee? We already know it is a brutal world...this does nothing for me....underwhelming...and the show as a whole was like that. Games we already knew that were coming. Now do not get me wrong I will pick the game up for my pro...but I sorta wanted some more info.

Was a very poor show...hell even this was underwhelming. Lol it's not underwhelming. It's so rich and brutal I don't know how you couldn't enjoy that. Also you know that was Anna right?

• Well I want to see more Joel and Ellie. Is that a bad thing?

Jesus, it's just one trailer. We already know TLOU2 is gonna have Joel and Ellie as the main characters.

• Definitely not. PATIENCE!!!! is your best choice.

MosesARose posted: »

Well I want to see more Joel and Ellie. Is that a bad thing?

• I still don't see how people can see a meticulously pre-rendered cut scene that is out-of-context, essentially showing nothing that divulges any pertinent information on the gameplay changes or narrative direction and get excited.

Like, that whole "trailer" may as well have been one of those tech demos that are pressed out to show how "cutting edge" the new console or OS is compared to the competition.

• Do you even trailer, bro?

TLOU2 wasn't in full production before the release of Uncharted The Lost Legacy which means no 2018 release dates. From the looks of it, the cutscene are easier to make than the gameplay. What this trailer showed is that we will have more main characters, not just Ellie and Joel. At least be happy they gave us more details.

I still don't see how people can see a meticulously pre-rendered cut scene that is out-of-context, essentially showing nothing that divulges

• I still have no ideal what details are meant to be gained from the trailer other than the graphics looking good.

Do you even trailer, bro? TLOU2 wasn't in full production before the release of Uncharted The Lost Legacy which means no 2018 release dat

• Details on the story, duuuhhhh! Those characters will be important in the game.

I still have no ideal what details are meant to be gained from the trailer other than the graphics looking good.

• A lot of talk was made that the character being hung was Ellie's mom. They had the other character point to her stomach for a reason.

I still have no ideal what details are meant to be gained from the trailer other than the graphics looking good.

• So I'm assuming this will likely be a 2019 release?

• Yup. Interesting trailer, but kinda strange. Lots of religious talk there (Demons, Nestled with Sin, "clip her wings" [-Angels?]) so... maybe this is some proto-faction war of Fireflies vs. Hunters? Or something altogether separate?
    I eagerly await more info on what this game will give us. So far, I am very intrigued.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.