Guess the movie Quote

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Star Trek: Generations

"You're a lying son of a bitch! You didn't say a word about finding anything!"

(You know, it's amazing. When I recognize a quote, I also remember clearly exactly what the scene looked like at the time it was said. I don't just remember the words, but the image and sound of them saying it.)
  • edited May 2012
    Stargate

"A meteor storm. The sky above us was dancing with lights. Purple, green, brilliant yellow. Yes!"
  • edited June 2012
    Well, I'll admit to being stumped.
  • edited June 2012
    Remolay wrote: »
    "A meteor storm. The sky above us was dancing with lights. Purple, green, brilliant yellow. Yes!"
    Doctor Who (I've been watching Doctor Who shows on Netflix recently)

"His pattern indicates... two-dimensional thinking."
  • edited June 2012
    Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

"There's not a lot of money in revenge."
  • edited June 2012
    [reposted]

Princess Bride

- "What's he saying? Sounds like... 'next stop.' Do that again."
    -- "Next stop... Merchandise Mart."
    - "Son of a bitch, our boy came home."

EDIT: No one? ...okay how about another quote from the same movie:

"Average foot speed over uneven ground barring injuries is 4 miles-per-hour. That gives us a radius of...six miles. What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area."
  • edited June 2012
    The Fugitive

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it."
  • edited June 2012
    Men in Black

- "Oh, right! To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people! I've known sheep that could outwit you. I've worn dresses with higher IQs. But you think you're an intellectual, don't you, ape?"
    -- "Apes don't read philosophy."
    - "Yes they do, Otto. They just don't understand it. Now let me correct you on a couple of things, OK? Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is not 'every man for himself.' ...And the London Underground is not a political movement. Those are all mistakes, Otto. I looked them up."
  • edited June 2012
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    - "Oh, right! To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people! I've known sheep that could outwit you. I've worn dresses with higher IQs. But you think you're an intellectual, don't you, ape?"
    -- "Apes don't read philosophy."
    - "Yes they do, Otto. They just don't understand it. Now let me correct you on a couple of things, OK? Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is not 'every man for himself.' ...And the London Underground is not a political movement. Those are all mistakes, Otto. I looked them up."

A Fish Called Wanda.

"We're going to watch one of my favorite cartoons. It's about a pathetic coyote who spends his life in the futile pursuit of a sadistic roadrunner, who laughs at him and mocks him as he's repeatedly crushed and maimed! Hope you ENJOY IT!"
  • edited June 2012
    UHF

The man was right about you. And I am going to go home and tell him so. And if you clean up your language, I JUST might put in a good word for you too.
  • edited June 2012
    Dogma

"Hope ya like Italian...where'd ya go? C'mon! Hey, where'd ya go?! Ah, hey, come on, you gotta work with me here. I'm just tryin' to cut a deal! What do ya want me to do?! Where are ya?! You bunch of losers! You're workin with a professional here! Nice f**king model!"

EDIT: Is this one really that hard?
  • Beetlejuice

“We used to stack fucks like you five-foot-high in Korea. Use you for sandbags."
  • edited June 2012
    Full Metal Jacket, if I don't miss my guess.

"I'm telling you, man. The black dude always dies first!"
  • Full Metal Jacket, if I don't miss my guess.

WRONG. It was Gran Torino.

“And this motherfucker, brings his bitch, to the Waffle Hut!"
  • edited June 2012
    The Ladykillers.

"He must have gotten lost, been part of a convoy or something."
  • edited June 2012
    Star Wars. Or if you insist, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.

"Throw yourself in next time, and rid us of your stupidity!"
  • edited June 2012
    Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

"Walk on road. Hm? Walk right side: safe. Walk left side: safe. Walk middle: sooner or later *squish* you get squished just like grape."
  • The Karate Kid.

“Want to be a farmer? Here’s a couple of acres. (nutshot)"
  • edited June 2012
    The Last action Hero.

"I'm telling you, man. The black dude always dies first!"
  • edited June 2012
    Scream?

"Death is the only adventure you have left."
  • Hook.

“Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills get up and kill!"
  • edited June 2012
    Dawn of the Dead. The good one.

"History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to wild deeds. History remembers the battle, but forgets the blood. However history remembers me before I was a President, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth..."
  • edited June 2012
    Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter

"This can't be happening!"
  • Almost every movie ever made.

“I’m going to hide this tape when i’m finished. If none of us make it, at least there will be some kind of a record. The storm has been hitting us hard now for 48 hours. We still have nothing to go on. One other thing, I think it rips through your clothes before it takes you over. Windows found some shredded long-johns, but the name tag was missing. They could be anybody’s. Nobody... Nobody trusts anybody now. There’s nothing else I can do now, just wait. "
  • edited June 2012
    The Thing?

I'd sell my goddamn soul for just a glass of bourbon.
  • edited June 2012
    I'd sell my goddamn soul for just a glass of bourbon.

That's nothing unusual, but where's your movie quote? :D
  • edited June 2012
    That's nothing unusual, but where's your movie quote? :D

You're alright, Guru. You're alright.
  • To Comrade Pants: The Shining.

“You may conquer the land, you may slaughter the people. This is not the end. We will rise again.”

Hint: Biblical epic
  • edited June 2012
    Ben-Hur.

"Everything is backwards now, like out there is the true world... and in here is the dream."
  • edited June 2012

"Well, you can live on it. But it tastes like shit."
  • Crocodile Dundee.

“You want a toe? I can get you a toe, Dude. Hell, I can get you a toe by 3pm this afternoon, with nail polish."
  • edited June 2012
    The Big Lebowski. Also, mine was from Canadian Bacon.

"I don't think they like water."
  • edited June 2012
    Signs

"Are you delirious? You know how long it took to invent the games; to merchandize them; to get them into the stores by Christmas?"
  • The Last Starfighter

“You’re wife, no, but you I will kill.”
    "But you can’t, Doctor. I’m already dead."
  • edited June 2012
    EDIT: Beat me to it Noname...
  • EDIT: Beat me to it Noname...

The Abominable Dr. Phibes. Great movie.

Here’s a different quote:

“My boy, we are pilgrims in an unholy land."
  • edited June 2012
    Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

"Wait 'til they get a load of me."