Devil's Playhouse trailer released -- first episode in April!

edited March 2010 in Sam & Max
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/703107/Sam--Max-Season-3-Trailer.html

Love the retro TTG logo!

First episode comes out in April...

Edit: See Jake's post. Trailer pulled.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    ...I did not want to be this excited for it. I wanted to be able to wait so that I could see how the DVD went, and so I could capitalize on any of the extremely numerous sales and giveaways that Telltale has made a habit of throwing out there.

My jaw is dropped in awe, I've laughed at several things in the trailer, and I want to watch it again and again because it amuses me so. The logos. The Twilight Zone, um, Devil? The jokes are just...top-notch. Everything feels right.

...I've never been so disappointed to be so damn excited.
  • edited March 2010
    OHhhh, good news! I want to preorder now! ;)
  • edited March 2010
    O_O

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYESYESYESYESYES

... Okay, gonna stop before I descend into keyboard-mashing jibberish. That's what LiveJournal's for. Or so I've heard.

eeeeeeomgomgomg
  • edited March 2010
    Do I see realtime shadows? Do I, DO I? :cool:

I'm excited (not because of the shadows... because of EVERYTHING... ING... ING!!!)... :guybrush:
    Oh and BTW, this looks much more like the insanity we've seen in the comics. Plus the engine update looks fantastic... better lighting, higher-res textures, more polygons (the new old neighborhood looks frickin' great... although I guess we won't see it too often).
  • edited March 2010
    I'm working, I'm working, I'M AT WORK and I want to see it, but I can't. Worse, until my intership is over, technically I have no internet.

The poor people who were kind enough to not put password in their wifi are gonna hate me now.
  • edited March 2010
    Simply away-blowing! It's like I'm seeing the true potential for the first time.
  • edited March 2010
    Hang on, why does it only list PS3 at the end of the trailer
  • edited March 2010
    Hang on, why does it only list PS3 at the end of the trailer
    I'm guessing this may be the trailer that ends up on PSN, so it would only list the PS3. I really really really doubt we won't see it on PC at the same time.
  • edited March 2010
    The preorder now I guess is for PC?
  • edited March 2010
    I'm posting again!

What's with the overt Serling send-ups? Mostly Twilight Zone, but the picture fames evoke Night Gallery. The "host" isn't exactly Serling-esque. Is he supposed to be?
  • edited March 2010
    Telltale's tech is getting better and better. I was really impressed by the trailer.

Good job, everyone, good job.

Wow.
  • edited March 2010
    Eduardo wrote: »
    The preorder now I guess is for PC?
    Yeah, the preorder plug wouldn't really apply to PSN.

We'll probably see an official press release going out today with more details on initial platforms.
  • edited March 2010
    Excitement has reached critical mass. Good thing it's coming next month. :D
  • edited March 2010
    Wapcaplet wrote: »
    Yeah, the preorder plug wouldn't really apply to PSN.

We'll probably see an official press release going out today with more details on initial platforms.

Yeah, there's also the following link below the "Pre-order now." All it does right now is redirect to the main S&M page:

http://samandmaxgames.com/thedevilsplayhouse

To me it looks like the trailer was released early considering Telltale hasn't announced it here yet, unless they're going to make the announcement today.
  • edited March 2010
    What's with the overt Serling send-ups? Mostly Twilight Zone, but the picture fames evoke Night Gallery. The "host" isn't exactly Serling-esque. Is he supposed to be?
    I enjoyed the cheesy retro ambience.

Looks like a mashup of various B-movie and 1960's sci-fi TV tropes (moar theremin, plz!). I doubt they were trying to mimic one exact style.
  • edited March 2010
    Although it looks great and everything.

I simply can't adjust to these new graphics - looks too much like W&G's grand adventures to me.
  • edited March 2010
    Oh man, the link seems to be down. Is it working for anyone else?
  • edited March 2010
    Armand1880 wrote: »

It redirects here, but the pre-order info isn't up yet.
  • edited March 2010
    Is it just me or did they tweak the models a bit?
    ibvslx.png
    I get the impression that the knees in particular are more pronounced (which would be in keeping with the comics).
  • edited March 2010
    What's weird is that I just watched it 5 minutes ago.

And now it's down? :confused:
  • edited March 2010
    I mean the g4tv link is down, It's not taking me to the video, just bumps back to the G4 website. Is this happening to anyone else? I tried different browsers, too.
  • edited March 2010
    Yes, the G4TV link is down. Posted too early?
  • edited March 2010
    Harald B wrote: »
    ibvslx.png
    I get the impression that the knees in particular are more pronounced (which would be in keeping with the comics).

Nope, pretty sure they tweaked the models.

And yeah, trailer's down.
  • edited March 2010
    Seems so.
  • edited March 2010
    I just watched it on G4 for what it's worth.

Also. I am very very excited, it's gonna be goooddd people!!!
  • edited March 2010
    Edit: There's nothing to see here... move along. Move along!

nakedgun.gif
  • edited March 2010
    Harald B wrote: »
    ibvslx.png
    If you noticed in the trailer- abandoned Stinky's, graffattied Bosco's and definitely not a-lot focused in the street.

Looks like they're definitely re-adjusting the game's formula, like we've being saying. :(
  • edited March 2010
    So...for those of us who weren't fortunate to watch it before it was taken down - any game play footage?
  • edited March 2010
    I was watching it, decided to want HD, pressed that, and the result was I got to see nothing... :(

@ Laserschwert: Upload it somewhere... pretty please?
  • edited March 2010
    any game play footage?
    Mostly, I'd say (if cutscenes count as gameplay-footage to you). At least there was nothing pre-rendered this time, and the engine really took a step forward.
  • edited March 2010
    If you noticed in the trailer- abandoned Stinky's, graffattied Bosco's and definitely not a-lot focused in the street.

Looks like they're definitely re-adjusting the game's formula, like we've being saying. :(

Good. I think a lot more people will take to these games then. It's boring to just re-go over the same locations continually.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    G4 put this up early!

We'll have more info and the real release of the trailer soon, but not yet.

In the mean time, we'll be keeping a tight lid on the trailer itself, so please don't post it until it's released, or we'll have to go and take it down/delete it.

Thanks guys, and glad you liked what you saw while it was leaked.
  • edited March 2010

I dunno, the impression I got was more that they're bringing the street to the level of filth and grime we've been asking for.
  • edited March 2010
    Leeeeaaakkkk, leeeeeaaakkk I said!

Unless they knew Zazzle still don't pay me... then, that's creepy

I know, I'm not thinking clearly... April is a cool month, especially I'll get my new notebook just in time... by the way, I hope I knew the recomended specifics. I found a place which sell Notebooks without Operative System. That's awesome for me ^^!
  • edited March 2010
    Crap.

I didn't get to watch it with sound (no speakers at work).

Oh well, it looked good anyway.
  • edited March 2010
    Oh, such cruelty... ;_;

Hope the video is real-released soon! :D
  • edited March 2010
    Curses. I feel bad for the Telltale guys, wanting to see the leaked footage, but I'm really dying to see this now. Hopefully they put it up soon.
  • edited March 2010
    I've been able to see about ONE THIRD of it!

I was watching... it stuttered... I reloaded... no more video! Pain.
  • edited March 2010
    Wow guess we have to wait a little bit longer..
  • edited March 2010
    Ah dang. This is what I get for going to a protest rally against rising tuition and budget cuts: I miss the trailer.

Oh well. At least we have a target date and a hint that we'll "officially" see the trailer soon. Yay :)
This discussion has been closed.