Devil's Playhouse trailer released -- first episode in April!

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Since the trailer featured PS3/PSN logos, maybe it's being held back until Sony's GDC press conference tonight at 4PM Pacific time -- that's probably when the official announcement will be made.
  • edited March 2010
    Thespis wrote: »
    Crap.

I didn't get to watch it with sound (no speakers at work).

Same here. I was set on watching it during lunch on another computer -- only to find out its sound card was broken. Not that it could stream video worth a damn anyway. [/sour grapes]

Oh well. Got to see the trailer in all its silent glory at my main workstation, at least. Loved what I saw.

Far as I'm concerned, the real thing can't come soon enough. *sits tight and waits*
  • edited March 2010
    Wapcaplet wrote: »
    Since the trailer featured PS3/PSN logos, maybe it's being held back until Sony's GDC press conference tonight at 4PM Pacific time -- that's probably when the official announcement will be made.

Or, they could be waiting until Telltale's booth is set up, which may not be until tomorrow.
  • edited March 2010
    Aaaaaaaaargh!
    I didn't get to see it :(
    Now I have to wait. Which would be fine, but I have to wait with the knowledge that some other people have already seen the trailer and I haven't.
    I'm missing out :(

Oh well. It will be released officially very soon, right? RIGHT?
  • edited March 2010
    Grrr, this is what I get for not skipping school! I can't believe I missed it! ;_; Please TTG, post it for real soon! All this waiting for actual info is killlllllllllling me. D:
  • edited March 2010
    This is what I get for sleeping in this morning.

I'm almost afraid to read the first page of this thread now. I think that I would rather be surprised by whatever the trailer has to offer.
  • edited March 2010
    GAH! Now, I will hibernate...someone wake me up when the pre-orders come...
  • edited March 2010
    Aw, I missed it, too. I'm dying to see it now.
  • edited March 2010
    The fact that there's a video that isn't available has somehow made me 10 times more excited...
  • edited March 2010
    Noes, I never got to see the video... hope we can see it soon.

Still, this "slip up" has definitely increased the hype. Clever marketing ploy? or clever Marketing ploy?
  • edited March 2010
    I missed it! Crudcrap! I wonder how long until we can see it officially. Every second I wait pains me more!
  • edited March 2010
    Thespis wrote: »
    Or, they could be waiting until Telltale's booth is set up, which may not be until tomorrow.

The trailer only showed the PS3 logo though, no mention of XBLA or even the PC. Pretty safe to assume this was made for the Sony conference.
  • edited March 2010
    Should that be the case, everybody will be able to watch the trailer, since G4TV streams (and records) the whole press conference.
  • edited March 2010
    If you can't wait, I've posted a time coded description of the trailer here. Sorry for those who haven't seen it, but it looked awesome. Just so you know.
  • edited March 2010
    dang, i missed it. from the sounds of some of the posts the graphics have had an upgrade. But could the video just be pre-rendered like the trailer for season 2?
    If these are the new ingame graphics, i'll be happy as larry, the guy who seems to be always happy.
  • edited March 2010
    Aw! I can't believe I missed it. I'm crossing my fingers that it'll get posted officially soon.
  • edited March 2010
    Marty wrote: »
    dang, i missed it. from the sounds of some of the posts the graphics have had an upgrade. But could the video just be pre-rendered like the trailer for season 2?
    If these are the new ingame graphics, i'll be happy as larry, the guy who seems to be always happy.

In my inexperienced opinion it all looked in-game. they've put a few of the tricks they learnt during MI to good use from what i can tell
  • edited March 2010
    April release? TTG really do like announcing stuff then immediately dropping it into our laps. Still, beats the "announce a game, wait 8 years, then not release it at all" method. Gives me a month to find the time (something I dont have a lot of with uni work these days) to finish the TMI article's section on reception on WP before working on the new Sam & Max article.
  • edited March 2010
    Where is the trailer? I want the trailer.......NOW!
  • edited March 2010
    While we're waiting, here's a tidbit from Chuck Jordan's Twitter to keep us occupied:
    Didn't want to say it for fear of jinxing it, but the credits sequence for this game is OBSCENE. (in a good way)
  • edited March 2010
    Allright, so my nap didn't last that long....and well I can wait...I think.
  • edited March 2010
    Marty wrote: »
    i'll be happy as larry, the guy who seems to be always happy.

You mean that Laffer guy? With the Leisure Suit?
  • edited March 2010
    Conference over. No trailer. D:
  • edited March 2010
    NickClick2 wrote: »
    Conference over. No trailer. D:

*insert sigh of disappointment here*
  • edited March 2010
    I sat through that whole conference for nothing. The only thing that I got out of it was Playstation Wii.
  • edited March 2010
    Yup. Looks like we're waiting until 10AM tomorrow, when the GDC expo starts.
  • edited March 2010
    Yup. Looks like we're waiting until 10AM tomorrow, when the GDC expo starts.

I think it will sometime in the afternoon tomorrow, maybe around 4 or so.
  • edited March 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I think it will sometime in the afternoon tomorrow, maybe around 4 or so.
    The Mac version of ToMI was announced about 15 minutes before Macworld's expo officially opened, so I'm hoping the same will happen tomorrow.

But given my prognostication track record in this thread, grains of salt should be taken with this guess.
  • edited March 2010
    it will be posted tomorrow, and then taken down as soon as I get home from school.
  • edited March 2010
    Good thing I was gone! I wouldn't have been able to avoid spoiling myself!
  • edited March 2010
    The trailer being released and then being unreleased, and missing it has upped my anticipation levels 10 fold. If that's even possible.
  • edited March 2010
    prognostication

I love this word, it reminds me of Groundhog Day

"Punxsutawney Phil. Prognosticator of prognosticators!!"

Alright, quit staring and get back to the S&M talk
  • edited March 2010
    So the descritiption of the trailer, made me smile..I think with what telltale learned from ToMI. We are in for a great season.
  • edited March 2010
    I'm surprised there's not a "I Wonder What Happens in the trailer for Sam&Max Season 3".
    Well, I'm sure the trailer would be out in a few days. I can survive that long.
  • edited March 2010
    Spadge wrote: »
    I'm surprised there's not a "I Wonder What Happens in the trailer for Sam&Max Season 3".
    Well, I'm sure the trailer would be out in a few days. I can survive that long.

I am refusing to eat until I see the Sam & Max S3 trailer.. If I end up dying you will know why.. ;)
  • edited March 2010
    *waits for it to show up on youtube*
  • edited March 2010
    Hero1 wrote: »
    I am refusing to eat until I see the Sam & Max S3 trailer.. If I end up dying you will know why.. ;)

I know, what you mean.
  • edited March 2010
    This news makes me so happy and hyped, even without seeing the trailer yet.
  • edited March 2010
    Argh, why did I miss this T_T

Although, I'm kinda glad. Trying to keep as spoiler free as possible.
  • edited March 2010
    Don't worry, guys. I still have the trailer. I'll watch it again for all of you. =)
This discussion has been closed.