Devil's Playhouse trailer released -- first episode in April!

Comments

• edited March 2010
  • edited March 2010
    Thank God for the internet.
  • edited March 2010
    jannar85 wrote: »
    Thank God for the internet.

amen
  • edited March 2010
    make that two amens. it looks freaking sweet. no wonder it has taken some time to make, it looks epic. Telltale have come a long way.
  • edited March 2010
    OK, just seen it - looks brilliant! Can't wait.
  • edited March 2010
    Wow, I've finally seen it too. It look awesome!
    I love the new grittier streets, and the characters look more stylized.
    Also the humor seems to be quite good.
    I'm really looking forward to this, expect a pre-order from me Telltale Games! :D

Also the voice over reminds me of Orson Welles' voice over on the Tales of Mystery and Imagination; Edgar Allen Poe album by The Alan Parsons Project.
  • edited March 2010
    I'm going to need a better graphics card... Or a PS3.
  • edited March 2010
    Where is the trailer?
  • edited March 2010
    You either:
    a) wait
    b) get some more computer knowledge, and find it that way (without TTG's approval)
    c) wait

I don't want to be the one posting links without TTG's permission. So just wait.
  • edited March 2010
    Ok, I saw it.
  • edited March 2010
    I saw the trailer ten minutes ago and it looks great.

I'm not going to tell you which site I saw it on or give you a link because I don't want to put my account on this site in jeopardy.

And I'm not going to say any spoilers because I don't want to spoil it for you.

But if you really want to see the trailer, don't look in the most obvious place ...
  • edited March 2010
    Actually, It IS in the most obvious place!
  • edited March 2010
    Found :p

Couldn't resist :o :D
  • edited March 2010
    They should already release it officially. It's already out there everywhere. By not releasing it, they just hurt themselves. It will be anti-climatic when they do. You want the people to see it here on the official site for the first time.
  • edited March 2010
    OMG OMG. I didn't see the trailer but hearing it comes out in April Makes me totally happy. Thank GOD. I miss Sam and Max :(

TellTale games are my favorite game makers on PC now:)
  • edited March 2010
    couldn't resist either. loved the trailer - and the music is just insane! it's gonna be a loooooooong March :)
  • edited March 2010
    Zodler wrote: »
    Actually, It IS in the most obvious place!

Could you give me some kind of hint, I couldn't wait for April!
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    .... :(
  • edited March 2010
    Shauntron wrote: »
    .... :(

Cheer up Charlie, at least nobody's come back saying it was a festering pile of cack ;)
  • edited March 2010
    OK I found it, tnx anyway! ;)
  • edited March 2010
    I can relate being sad about a messed up surprise if you worked on it hard and long enough. Heads up man.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    I worked on that trailer for a month. I'm glad you guys like it, I'm just personally not too thrilled with G4 at the moment. Official stuff is coming soon (obviously).
  • edited March 2010
    Saw the trailer, loved it, now where do I sign?

P.S. I find myself incredibly curious about the fez guy. But people with fezes always have that effect on me.
  • edited March 2010
    MussKatt wrote: »
    OMG OMG. I didn't see the trailer but hearing it comes out in April Makes me totally happy. Thank GOD. I miss Sam and Max

Will that be April 30th?
  • edited March 2010
    I worked on that trailer for a month. I'm glad you guys like it, I'm just personally not too thrilled with G4 at the moment. Official stuff is coming soon (obviously).

I'll add you to the list of people that wanna slap Adam Sessler
  • edited March 2010
    is it me or are G4 prone to slipping things out when they shouldn't?
  • edited March 2010

I know some people.....who could make your problems go away for you...for a price....

you didn't hear or see anything
  • edited March 2010
    I know some people.....who could make your problems go away for you...for a price....
    You've got a nice cable channel and website here, G4... we wouldn't want anything to happen to it...
  • edited March 2010
    Well, apparently I'm too dumb... er.. *honest*... to find it. :mad:
  • edited March 2010
    I don't think Adam Sessler will be troubling us again...
    You might say he's a little... tied down... to other commitments... ahehehe.
  • edited March 2010
    I don't think Adam Sessler will be troubling us again...
    You might say he's a little... tied down... to other commitments... ahehehe.

So he got whacked right?

I mean....OH SHIIII....

260206main_Swat2_904.jpg
  • edited March 2010

So YOU are the man who made our hearts jump out??? :)
    WWWWWWWWWOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!
    You totally amazed me!!!! :D

BTW I'm sorry that few people had the chance to see it....the trailer is'n yet easy to find... but what a reward! :p
    I don't know if it's just your fantastic edit or the genuine goodness of the game, but it looks like we will have THE BEST S&M game here!!!!!!!!!
    I bet that when you'll show it at the people, they will be bursted in laughter!!! :D
    I'm sooo happy now! Shauntron, you made my day!!!!! :)
  • edited March 2010

Wow, this is the first internet post that made me feel genuinely sorry for someone. I can imagine working on something for so long and then have someone hurling off with your surprise.
    Just remember that we're all really thrilled about it, and that you've done a wonderful job!
  • edited March 2010

There are still a tonne of people who haven't seen it yet, don't worry!
  • edited March 2010
    whos_awesome.jpg
  • edited March 2010

If it makes you feel better, I haven't seen it and I'm waiting like a good girl.

Please release it soon >_<
  • edited March 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    If it makes you feel better, I haven't seen it and I'm waiting like a good girl.

me 2 :) wait.. i'm not a girl..

If it makes you feel better, I haven't seen it and I'm waiting like a good boy.

that's better
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Visstix wrote: »
    If it makes you feel better, I haven't seen it and I'm waiting like a good boy.

If it makes you feel better, I haven't seen it and I'm waiting like a sulky impatient girl who tries really really hard to be good and isn't VERY naughty but just acts a bit impulsively on occasion.
  • edited March 2010
    Something's happening on the backend of Telltale's servers.

http://www.samandmax2010.com now redirects to http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax/thedevilsplayhouse (which is the standard Sam & Max product page right now) instead of http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax2010 (the sneak preview page with concept art).

We're now 2 hours into the GDC Expo -- wish I could see what was happening at Telltale's booth.

Edit: Release date is April 15 for PSN, PC, and Mac, according to an unsubstantiated tweet from a writer with a Game Informer blog.
  • edited March 2010
    Man, Telltale needs some corporate spies. They just can't control the leaks. O_O
This discussion has been closed.