The Devil's Playhouse Speculation Thread

Comments

• edited March 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    No idea. But, only Telltale knows

Actually, according to the actor who plays Bosco, said that "Bosco was not needed for Season 3", it's a tragedy for every Bosco lover out there.
  • edited March 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Actually, according to the actor who plays Bosco, said that "Bosco was not needed for Season 3", it's a tragedy for every Bosco lover out there.

Or maybe he wasn't called yet. Not all the episodes are taped already. So, still exist hope my friend!
  • edited March 2010
    There's a
    Bosco Tech Labs
    in the game, so
    maybe?
  • edited March 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Mama Bosco (didn't she die?)
    She lost her Token and Sam and Max use it to go to hell. So, yes, she's dead, but, she's haunting Bosco's. I think
  • edited March 2010
    The cards are mind reading capable. I really shouldn't be telling you this though!

Am I hallucinating?

No wait, I'm not.

Let's me start again. I was hallucinating aftershocks the whole day, so, probably I'm still hallucinating...

(I'll go to hide my fan arts)

And, oh yeah, I love your work! ^^!
  • edited March 2010
    Well I do know that Mama B. is in the game, she gave S&M a beacon apparently.
  • edited March 2010
    So here are the characters other than Sam and Max that we know are returning:
    Flint Paper
    Mama Bosco (didn't she die?)
    Both Stinkys
    Harry Moleman
    Superball
    The COPS (Didn't see Bluster Blaster, but there's an option about him when you talk to them)
    The boxes piled up in front of Bosco's belong to Sybil

Anyone I missed?
    Just posting this again, because I said the same thing as you just did.
  • edited March 2010
    Ok, I was totally hallucinating, because no one noticed , except me, who recently post here.

Or maybe I have to give to the people some time?
  • edited March 2010
    I'll react once I find out if they're genuine or not.

By the way, the word hallucinating starts with a h.
  • edited March 2010
    I'll react once I find out if they're genuine or not.

mmmm.... oh, good point... mmm???
    By the way, the word hallucinating starts with a h.

Edited =P And thanks
  • edited March 2010
    I'm not reacting because I don't know how to react.

I love your work too! We all do here.
  • edited March 2010
    No, that's him. He had to create an account for the Hardcover Tracking thread so he could tell us that his family got all the single-diget ones.

...or at least someone in his family did...
  • edited March 2010
    Geeze...

Way everybody's acting all of a sudden, you'd think Steve Purcell popped in or something....
  • edited March 2010
    Pssh! As if that would ever happen. Yeah right!

(It's probably him. He'd have to make an account to post in the Dispatch.)
  • edited March 2010
    I'm not convinced. His name in this forum is spelled "Spudnoggin" while on the blog it's "Spudnoggen". Still, even great men make mistakes, so there is a small chance.

Also, Steve Purcell wouldn't give away crucial game information before its even realeased without
    spoiler tags!
  • edited March 2010
    And Steve Purcell already made a post or two on the monkey island forums under the name "Steve Purcell"...

On-topic, TinyPic downsized my exposed character lineup a bit, so I'm able to give you this cutout in bumped-up res. This is as large as I have though.
    k4xjk7.png
    It does look like a helmet, and I definitely see vampire teeth.
  • edited March 2010
    By the way, in this video Max says that "Skunkape is only a tool". So I think the space gorilla is actually manipulated by the main bad guy (some secondary character that we don't expect to be evil, like Hugh and Poppers in previous seasons).
  • edited March 2010
    Cyrus7 wrote: »
    By the way, in this video Max says that "Skunkape is only a tool". So I think the space gorilla is actually manipulated by the main bad guy (some secondary character that we don't expect to be evil, like Hugh and Poppers in previous seasons).

Yeah. By bets are on the narrator being similar to
    the voodoo lady
    in that he's pulling the strings of sam and max, causing all these things to happen. After all, it is his playhouse.
  • edited March 2010
    He said "Skunkape may be a tool, but...". He was just calling him an unpleasant person.
    So I think the space gorilla is actually manipulated by the main bad guy
    I vote for the alien brain.
  • edited March 2010
    By the way, in this video Max says that "Skunkape is only a tool". So I think the space gorilla is actually manipulated by the main bad guy (some secondary character that we don't expect to be evil, like
    Hugh and Poppers
    in previous seasons).

You might want to spoiler that in case some people are playing season 3 first.
  • edited March 2010
    He said "Skunkape may be a tool, but...". He was just calling him an unpleasant person.
    Yeah, I don't want to squash any of you guys' speculation, but "tool" is vulgar slang for "jerk." Nothing more than that.
  • edited March 2010
    Harald B wrote: »

I don't know about a helmet. Ears aren't covered nor are her (I'm assuming) temples.

Maybe some kind of a hat of some sort. Looks like maybe some kind of a sunhat or something with a widebrim? And definitely medium length green hair.

Definitely fangs of some sort, too. Just hope they voice her well, keeping to the standard set by Jurgen (if she is a vampire.)
  • edited March 2010
    I can't tell if it's a male or a female. From the silhouette I thought female but now I'm not sure anymore.
  • edited March 2010
    Chuck wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't want to squash any of you guys' speculation, but "tool" is vulgar slang for "jerk." Nothing more than that.
    How's that saying go again? "A tool with a fool is still a tool"? :p

np: Contriva - Spätverkauf (8 Eyes ('96 - '99))
  • edited March 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I can't tell if it's a male or a female. From the silhouette I thought female but now I'm not sure anymore.

Going by the long(ish) hair and the skirt, I'm tentatively going with female.

...Or Jurgen in drag with his hair dyed. And with a different skin tone. And what may or may not be breasts.

On second thought, I'll stick with the new vampire chick theory. Or space vampire, vampire zombie or any combination thereof. :D
  • edited March 2010

Now we're 2. I was sure, but now, probably is the pants...
  • edited March 2010
    Now we're 2. I was sure, but now, probably is the pants...

Yeah, from the silhouette I thought "the thighs are female", but now I'mm all "looks like it's golf pants" and, well, they're all bulgy so it doesn't mean anything.
    And I can't find other characterstics. The face really looks like Jurgen's... I can't see breasts but that doesn't mean anything as they could be small...

Oh, by the way, I'm going with "hair+hat" for what we're seeing. And the hair seems "longish" on the neck, sure but that doesn't mean much either. I mean if all vampires are emo, semi-long hair sounds pretty normal to me.

Anyway, at this point I'm thinking it could be either. I don't really see anything definite either way.

EDIT: I meant riding pants, not golf pants. Like this: http://www.monarch-garments.com/MG6697.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    Good call on the riding pants.

I still wonder, particularly with what looks like a kilt/skirt worn on top of them.

As for the breasts bit, it's very much speculative, but once I started thinking female, I saw suggestions.

Most prominent is probably if you follow the contour of the torso down from the arms. There's a small swell that would, to me, suggest breasts and tends to point toward the female.

There are a few subtle indications in the chest area that suggest it as well, but not nearly as blatant and more things you have to already be thinking along those lines to link, probably.
  • edited March 2010
    JJoyce wrote: »
    Most prominent is probably if you follow the contour of the torso down from the arms. There's a small swell that would, to me, suggest breasts and tends to point toward the female.

Once again, in silhouette that made me thought "female!" but now I'm thinking that while it could be breasts, it could also be the front flaps of the jacket causing that shape.

What would be funny is if it turned out that the character is supposed to be of ambiguous gender. Then we'd never settle this :P

But I'm sure we'll be able to tell when we see that character more.
  • edited March 2010
    What would be funny is if it turned out that the character is supposed to be of ambiguous gender. Then we'd never settle this :P

After Spinner Cay Mermaids...

I'll laugh the whole day if it Jurgen's Parent or something like that.
  • edited March 2010
    What would be funny is if it turned out that the character is supposed to be of ambiguous gender. Then we'd never settle this :P.

I would fully expect Telltale to do something almost exactly along those lines, honestly.
  • edited March 2010
    After Spinner Cay Mermaids...

Honestly, I still have trouble thinking of Anemone as of ambiguous gender. It's totally biases, due to the fact that it's a female name in French, and that she reminds me of an actress whose stage name is that.
    anemone01.jpg

But I just can't picture Anemone as anything but female.
  • edited March 2010
    Honestly, I still have trouble thinking of Anemone as of ambiguous gender. It's totally biases, due to the fact that it's a female name in French, and that she reminds me of an actress whose stage name is that.

But I just can't picture Anemone as anything but female.

To be serious, me neither. But I'm traumatizated by Chief Beluga portrait. He's supposed to be male, right?
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah. By bets are on the narrator being similar to
    the voodoo lady
    in that he's pulling the strings of sam and max, causing all these things to happen. After all, it is his playhouse.
    +1. By the way, it seems strange to me that it's the Devil's playhouse: the narrator can't be the Devil, since we've already met Satan in episode 5.
  • edited March 2010
    By the way, it seems strange to me that it's the Devil's playhouse: the narrator can't be the Devil, since we've already met Satan in episode 5.

I think is just the name of the place, or something like that. Not really the playhouse which belong to Satan. Still can be the Devil's Playhouse if just belonged to Satan.

But, anyway, that you are saying probably is true. Just like Satan
    said about he will see Sam and Max again soon
    maybe he will appear again this season.
  • edited March 2010
    By the way, it seems strange to me that it's the Devil's playhouse: the narrator can't be the Devil, since we've already met Satan in episode 5.

Not really.
    Ain't Satan supposed to be able to change form to seduce people or something ?
    Plus, i guess Devil could have a broader meaning as well.
  • edited March 2010
    Harald B wrote: »
    And Steve Purcell already made a post or two on the monkey island forums under the name "Steve Purcell"...

On-topic, TinyPic downsized my exposed character lineup a bit, so I'm able to give you this cutout in bumped-up res. This is as large as I have though.
    k4xjk7.png

Who sees Jurgen and Dangly Deever?
  • edited March 2010
    Dangly Deever if he looked like Mortimer Snerd, maybe...
  • edited March 2010
    Here's something I don't think has been brought up yet: in the following screenshot, you can see The Bug in the background. Click for larger.
    2428roj.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    Well, seeing bugs around Stinky is nothing surprising.
    And that could be another bug completely.

On the other hand, it might be totally relevant. Satan did hire the bug in the end of season 2, didn't he?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.