The Devil's Playhouse Speculation Thread

124»

Comments

• edited March 2010
    He at least offered the opportunity. And Stinky still has those tattoos that say Satan(g) in Futhark runes, so they may be in on it together (edit: or more likely, Satan may be using The Bug to keep tabs on Stinky).
  • edited March 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Well, seeing bugs around Stinky is nothing surprising.
    And that could be another bug completely.

On the other hand, it might be totally relevant. Satan did hire the bug in the end of season 2, didn't he?

If you freeze frame on Flint Paper in the trailer, you'll see a bug too. Another one is seen scurrying at the back when Max yells "Giant talking dog!!"

This being Stinky's diner, I suppose cockroaches to Season 3 are flies to Season 2.
  • edited March 2010
    The little doll looking female is giving me a hunch that she will be an enemy in episode 4, "Beyond the alley of the dolls", Duh! And that all those Sam clones will be dolls! Double Duh!
  • edited March 2010
    I just been wondering when the Moustashoided Sam with Bouler Hat come in.

Just saying, I think is the only thing from the original teaser page we have no idea about it.
  • edited March 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    I just been wondering when the Moustashoided Sam with Bouler Hat come in.

Just saying, I think is the only thing from the original teaser page we have no idea about it.

I think the second episode will feature Sam and Max throughout the ages.
  • edited March 2010
    I think the second episode will feature Sam and Max throughout the ages.

Sooo... that's mean I'm probably the only one who think he's probably a Sam relative?
  • edited March 2010
    Am I the only one who has no idea of what pic you guys are talking about? My memory isn't that great (which is a good thing for one, since I will forget most of the stuff mentioned here before 301) so a link to said pic would be nice.
  • edited March 2010
    I'm thinking mental time travel, where they possess ancestors of themselves who happen to hang out with each other in much the same way.
  • edited March 2010
  • edited March 2010
    Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /galleries/518/full20100130125900.png on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
  • edited March 2010
    Weird. It works for me right now. I'll just try this then:
    full20100130125900.png
  • edited March 2010
    nope, borken image
  • edited March 2010
    So wait, we're looking for Mustache Sam?
  • edited March 2010
    Harald B wrote: »
    Weird. It works for me right now.
    Try holding shift (or was it ctrl) and click on your browser's reload button after posting a hot-linked image - that'll make sure it gets reloaded from the server instead of from your browser cache, and you'll see if the site dislikes other people leeching their bandwidth for some other site... ;)

np: Robert Babicz - Thank You For Travelling (Immortal Changes)
  • edited March 2010
    I'm telling you, it's still working for me. Even with hard refresh. But it's indeed mustache Sam, so if you can't see it just follow RD's link.
  • edited March 2010
    So wait, we're looking for Mustache Sam?

Exactly. Him.

I have the weird impression he probably has something to do with the mummy =P. I mean, it's too easy to think he has something to do with the 4th chapter, with the Sam clones/dolls/whathever. And I still think he's a Sam Relative. An uncle or something like that.
  • edited March 2010
    I'll give my vote to time-travel, and that's how "old London" Sam looks like.
  • edited March 2010
    My vote is alternate Universes. wouldn't that be awesome
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah, but then whatever they do there wont affect the "real world" like time-travel would.

So in that regard time-travel suits an adventure game better...
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah, I believe it'll be like this:

'We have to go back to the BCs to save Stinky!'
    'But we won't fit in!'
    'Here's a bat, we'll beat our ancient ancestors to a pulp and pretend to be them to correct history!'
    'But we can only time travel if we get the three emeralds of Anteoc! One is in Egypt, one is on Baker Street, and the other is at Bosco's!'
  • edited March 2010
    I'm telling you, it's still working for me. Even with hard refresh.
    If it does you're not refreshing hard enough, obviously. :D

Make sure it actually takes its time to reload the image, or clear your browser cache and restart the browser...

np: Zarah Leander - Davon Geht Die Welt Nicht Unter (Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds Motion Picture Soundtrack)
  • edited March 2010
    I'm thinking mental time travel, where they possess ancestors of themselves who happen to hang out with each other in much the same way.
    I hope it is. Or something even more awesome.
  • edited March 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    I hope it is. Or something even more awesome.

Seconded!
  • edited March 2010
    Is there anyway treasure crab can make an appearance? Possibly walking in the background sideways holding booty in his little claws?
  • edited March 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Is there anyway treasure crab can make an appearance? Possibly walking in the background sideways holding booty in his little claws?

Oh, I hope we see the little fellow hanging around Stinky's sea-themed diner.
  • edited March 2010
    What's a treasure crab?

I was watching the trailer again, and I noticed that the narrator says "Use Sam and Max's strange psychic gifts...". Does that mean Sam gets psychic powers at some point too?

And I think the place with the computer that can't get rid of Max's stuff is in BoscoTech Labs, or whatever it's called.
  • edited March 2010

I was watching the trailer again, and I noticed that the narrator says "Use Sam and Max's strange psychic gifts...". Does that mean Sam gets psychic powers at some point too?

One of the demos I watched showed Sam's notebook, and the description for Max's Future Vision. All it say is that Sam somehow is able to see what Max sees, but they never give a direct explination of it.

So here! Have a glazed MacGuffin!:D
  • edited March 2010
    I noticed that, but I can't tell if it's just there for gameplay reasons and doesn't have an explanation, or if there's a reason for it.

Sam can definitely see Max's visions. The opening to the game is a vision, and they both saw. Max's one had credits.
  • edited March 2010
    Is that a Bacon tree I see in this concept art?

If so I want one.
    http://vip.telltalegames.com/files/thedevilsplayhouse/concepts031010/sm301_museum.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    I want the Dinosaur Unicorn with Fly Wings, but hey, we can loot them when the episode which feature the museum is done, right?
  • edited March 2010
    my guess is that that one is in The Tomb od Sammun-Mac
  • edited March 2010
    The museum is in The Penal Zone, because the file name says it is concept art for 301.
  • edited March 2010
    Maybe this is obvious and I'm just slow, but isn't Sal the name of the cook at Stinky's?
  • edited March 2010
    Maybe this is obvious and I'm just slow, but isn't Sal the name of the cook at Stinky's?

Yes.
  • edited March 2010
    And Steve Purcell already made a post or two on the monkey island forums under the name "Steve Purcell"...

On-topic, TinyPic downsized my exposed character lineup a bit, so I'm able to give you this cutout in bumped-up res. This is as large as I have though.
    k4xjk7.png
    It does look like a helmet, and I definitely see vampire teeth.

alright i got this: it looks female, definately think you're right with the fangs, and if you look at the fingernails it looks like they're sharp. i don't think it's an afro, but rather a pilgrim hat, to go with the buckled shoes. her eyes are red, her hair is aqua marine, facially she looks more like jurgen than brady culture, so i propose instead that it is a vampire pilgrim witch, possibly burned back in the days in salem... or jurgens mom.
  • edited March 2010
    The only thing that doesn't add up is grandpa Stinky being a villain, he's one off my favorite characters (after sam and max) with all the insults and grumpy attitude ;)
  • edited March 2010
    What's a treasure crab?

I was watching the trailer again, and I noticed that the narrator says "Use Sam, and Max's strange psychic gifts...". Does that mean Sam gets psychic powers at some point too?

And I think the place with the computer that can't get rid of Max's stuff is in BoscoTech Labs, or whatever it's called.

fix'd
  • edited March 2010
    The only thing that doesn't add up is grandpa Stinky being a villain, he's one off my favorite characters (after sam and max) with all the insults and grumpy attitude ;)

You can't see him as the villain, wow.... I totally see him being a full Episode antagonist.
  • edited March 2010
    Attempting to create a race of Uber-mensch by dishing out life-threatening infectious diseases is very cool villainy, very Sam and Maxish.
  • edited May 2010
    BTW, the Penal Zone mentions Bosco and Bluster Blaster going to Las Vegas. Perhaps we'll be visiting the great city of gambling in one of the future episodes?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.