1-516-vis-ion-1

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
It is a working number. I thought at first that it was a Telltalian number to their office or somthing. I did a reverse phone number check and it turns out to be a landline in Farmingdale, NY. Is there a reason for this? If not, why 516? Does Telltale have a bone to pick with a certain someone in Farmingdale, New York?

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Well I know that they check the phone messages they get. I learned that the kinda hard, kinda funny way.
  • edited May 2010
    wow, it actually works? if telltale didnt contact these people first, they could get pretty pissed off
  • edited May 2010
    wow, it actually works? if telltale didn't contact these people first, they could get pretty pissed off

It's an answering machine that says they're out of store for all the toys, not someone's personal number or something. I'm pretty sure they set up the number themselves.
  • edited May 2010
    oh. I couldnt check this myself. due to my current "living in australia" status. Maybe the message will change soon!
  • edited May 2010
    God I'm tempted to call. I just need to come up with something to say ...
  • edited May 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    God I'm tempted to call. I just need to come up with something to say ...

I've been wanting to call from the start, but I'm way too shy. I barely ever use phones, and I never do if I know it's gonna be a machine and not a real person.
    Even if I had something to say, I would most likely stutter and then hang up without saying it, anyway.
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Even if I had something to say, I would most likely stutter and then hang up without saying it, anyway.

There goes your chance of leaving an anonymous message, although I guess just shouting, "Yare I love you!" would've been a huge clue, too :p

Talking, has never been a problem for me, (shutting me up on the other hand ... ). Getting through a message without laughing myself silly is my main problem. I am officially the World's Worst Joke Teller; I can never get through one without suffering an attack of the Giggles.
  • edited May 2010
    There goes your chance of leaving an anonymous message, although I guess just shouting, "Yare I love you!" would've been a huge clue, too :p

First, I'd be more likely to yell "I want you" than "I love you".
    Second, I don't know how it's pronounced *blushes*

Also, I challenge you to the title of worst joke-teller. Not only do I laugh in the middle, but sometimes I tell the end first, or the wrong end, or I totally forget how it ends.

EDIT: Oh, and they'd probably know it's me from the French accent, too, anyways.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Second, I don't know how it's pronounced *blushes*

I've been wondering too... does Yare rhyme with "hair", or with "jar"?
    EDIT: Oh, and they'd probably know it's me from the French accent, too, anyways.

I hope you realise that if I had any chance of doing a convincing French accent, I'd be on the phone right now declaring that I need Yare's body like ze escargot need ze butter. :p

I left a message ages ago in my homogenised antipodean-in-Britain accent (the amount of "Aussie" in my voice now is like the volume - directly proportional to the level of excitement). That was before I knew someone would actually listen to it... :o
  • edited May 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »

Or is it read like romaji, and pronounced Yah-ray?
    See, already 3 possibilities!

I hope you realise that if I had any chance of doing a convincing French accent, I'd be on the phone right now declaring that I need Yare's body like ze escargot need ze butter. :p

Haha, please do xD
    Now I wonder if I should get my husband to record a message saying "Stay away from my wife!" or something xD But he'd probably laugh in the middle of it and ruin the effect.
  • edited May 2010
    So no one's tried it...wow, we are a bunch of cowards...I understand.
  • edited May 2010
    Strong Max wrote: »
    So no one's tried it...wow, we are a bunch of cowards...I understand.

And I live in Chile. That's like 2.2 dollars per minute. I think.
  • edited May 2010

I never even considered these, I guess I'm hard-wired romaji. :D
    Which is funny because I'm not the slightest bit Japanese.
  • edited May 2010
    I've definitely tried it. otherwise I wouldn't have to feel bad and apologize to nikki. I think I've called the line 3 times. It's rather silly.
    edited May 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    I've definitely tried it.

Ditto. Hey, I'm a lot of things, but I'm no coward! Not that talking to voicemail is a particularly brave thing to do. Telltale-ians are just people... sure, they're particularly cool and awesome people, but still people all the same.
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    otherwise I wouldn't have to feel bad and apologize to nikki. I think I've called the line 3 times. It's rather silly.

What on earth did you say to her?? :p
  • edited May 2010
    I just left a semi angry, mostly silly message directed at specifically at her. I think we're cool now though.

go team dinos
  • edited May 2010
    I just called it. All it said was that they are out of stock on all toys of power and to go to www.516vision.com.
  • edited May 2010
    I wonder when the future will finally come.
  • edited May 2010
    I went there.

Is cool.

Didn't leave any message though.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2010
    Neat. :) I recorded the message and uploaded it to YouTube so those of you outside the United States can hear it. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrcowDV1qWA
  • edited May 2010
    Haha just called them demanded for toys, threaten to kill Sam, then said love you god bless. All in a days work. I'm stupid like that
  • edited May 2010
    Somebody call them up and order a "Large corndog pizza and a pair of nutrition specs, to be delivered to a bunny in Somerset, England" for me.

Seems neato.
  • edited May 2010
    1-516-847-466-1

Would this be the correct number?
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2010
    Kroms wrote: »
    1-516-847-466-1

Would this be the correct number?
    Yes, that's the right number. :)

I just saw the post on Mixnmojo. :) Thanks for linking to my video. :D

As far as I can tell, the point of this seems to be to let you know about 516vision.com. There's no other point to it that I can see (other than to let the Telltale people hear your weird messages). :)
  • edited May 2010
    Thanks and suh-weet! You just got even more famous. At this rate you'll have outdone both Sean Vanaman *and* George Lucas by December.
  • edited May 2010
    Sometimes, i get a bit confuzzled with the pace that the future must come in... any ideas when the page will open?
  • edited May 2010
    You know what we should do? Leave "testimonials" of how wonderful the different psychic toys are and see if Telltale uses them in any future vision commercials. :D
  • edited May 2010
    You know what we should do? Leave "testimonials" of how wonderful the different psychic toys are and see if Telltale uses them in any future vision commercials. :D

I like the way you think! >:-D
  • edited May 2010
    We should call and try to sell stuff to them like toys of powers or take surveys on how they worked
  • edited May 2010
    Jennifer wrote: »
    Neat. :) I recorded the message and uploaded it to YouTube so those of you outside the United States can hear it. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrcowDV1qWA

Thanks for uploading.
  • edited May 2010
    Well, I just called and left a message. It was a joke lifted straight from The Penal Zone, and it could be either funny or creepy. I'll leave it to you guys to figure out what I said.
  • edited May 2010
    You mean "Have you checked the baby?"
  • edited May 2010
    This reminds me of those viral campaign-stuff...
    I'm in Norway, and can't really call that number, but maybe you should say "The future is coming"! That might trigger something, and the mentioning of the site in the phone message might hint towards just that...
  • edited May 2010
    Kamilozo3 wrote: »
    You mean "Have you checked the baby?"

"Yes sir, sleeping soundly"
  • nikasaurnikasaur Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Ganon159 is closest to the full story, the phone number was part of a large ARG-style project that didn't go through, and the current 516vision.com project has some... technical difficulties. Have you guys been calling in with testimonials? I can't wait to hear 'em!
    edited May 2010
    nikasaur wrote: »
    Ganon159 is closest to the full story, the phone number was part of a large ARG-style project that didn't go through

What is ARG?
  • edited May 2010
    What is ARG?

ARG is an Alternate Reality Game, a promotional campaign where people do stuff in the real world that seems out of place, like going to a site that tells you phone number, then getting some clue about what you're supposed to do next etc. I don't think it needs to be a part of a promotional campaign, but I think it's in that context it is mostly used.
    If I'm not wrong, I think there was some kind of ARG about The Dark Knight before it was released, but I'm not completely sure about that.
  • edited May 2010
    What is ARG?

Alternate Reality Game
  • edited May 2010
    Ganon159 wrote: »
    If I'm not wrong, I think there was some kind of ARG about The Dark Knight before it was released, but I'm not completely sure about that.

You're not wrong.
  • edited May 2010
    nikasaur wrote: »
    Ganon159 is closest to the full story, the phone number was part of a large ARG-style project that didn't go through, and the current 516vision.com project has some... technical difficulties. Have you guys been calling in with testimonials? I can't wait to hear 'em!

I hope the technical difficulties doesn't stop this ARG. I've wanted to participated in one since I read about it, and now I got my chance:)
    And I like the fact that Telltale is making one... Kind of like a real Point'n'Click adventure!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.