1-516-vis-ion-1

124»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Nutrispecs are part of the arg
  • edited June 2010
    No, the Nutrispecs are in the game's coding already, but have to be unlocked by Telltale somehow. The intended unlock method was to be an ARG, but it doesn't necessarily have to be. If they scrap the ARG, they can still unlock them another way.
  • edited June 2010
    Jennifer wrote: »
    Neat. :) I recorded the message and uploaded it to YouTube so those of you outside the United States can hear it. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrcowDV1qWA

Hell, I'd sooo try that phone number.... pity I like... live in Ireland....

Cheers for putting it up!
  • edited June 2010
    Aw, if the cost of a call from such distance wouldn't be so expensive per minute, i'd call. (Chilian person over here)
    GinnyN wrote: »
    And I live in Chile. That's like 2.2 dollars per minute. I think.

Woah? GinnyN is from Chile like me? Holy sh*t!!

sorry, i distracted for a moment. But yeah, can't wait what will become of this silly idea of Telltale...

Wait....Why would the Devil's Toybox need a HOTLINE? Or maybe....we are calling from wherever toystore the Devil's Toybox was made!?!
  • edited June 2010
    Just hope it doesn't take as long as the "Earl Boen version".
    I can't believe that's still not here, even if the DVD's are already shipped? (It's on the disc though, right?)
  • edited June 2010
    I just left a message pretending to be a minion of Skun-ka'pe, inquiring about any toys of power they may still have despite the message. xD
  • edited July 2010
    Prediction: In order to beat the season finale you must call the hotline and wait for the "please hold music" and type in a one of a kind code you get from the hotline and type it in the game. Just sayin'.
  • edited July 2010
    BoneFreak wrote: »
    Prediction: In order to beat the season finale you must call the hotline and wait for the "please hold music" and type in a one of a kind code you get from the hotline and type it in the game. Just sayin'.

That'd be a one-way ticket to pissing off every customer they've ever had. The days are gone where game companies can rake in their millions via hotlines rather than sales (here's looking at you, Sierra).
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2010
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    The days are gone where game companies can rake in their millions via hotlines rather than sales (here's looking at you, Sierra).

Yeah! It's called "DL content" you make your millions with in our days! Telephones are soooo 1990's... :D
  • edited July 2010
    Woah? GinnyN is from Chile like me? Holy sh*t!!

Personalmente no sé de dónde viene la sorpresa. (Mira la firma! ^^!)

I think I need a Skype Account. Again.
  • edited July 2010
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    That'd be a one-way ticket to pissing off every customer they've ever had. The days are gone where game companies can rake in their millions via hotlines rather than sales (here's looking at you, Sierra).
    Oh hey look! It's my old friend, Revisionist History! Hi Revisionist History! I see you've been keeping your hypocritic oath, good for you! Have you lost weight?

iXHch.jpg
  • edited July 2010
    Oh hey look! It's my old friend, Revisionist History! Hi Revisionist History! I see you've been keeping your hypocritic oath, good for you! Have you lost weight?

Sierra games were practically designed from the ground up to make no sense, and to have as many stupid dead ends as they could think of. Lucasarts offering hint books and hint lines is nothing compared to Sierra designing their games to be so obtuse that no one can solve them without the hints.
  • edited July 2010
    Sierra games were practically designed from the ground up to make no sense, and to have as many stupid dead ends as they could think of. Lucasarts offering hint books and hint lines is nothing compared to Sierra designing their games to be so obtuse that no one can solve them without the hints.

Not entirely true.
    Sierra based their games on textadventures (hence the parser). Including some hard challenges which took some try and error.
  • edited July 2010
    Katsuro wrote: »
    Not entirely true.
    Sierra based their games on textadventures (hence the parser). Including some hard challenges which took some try and error.

A dead end based on forgetting to pick an item up at the beginning of the game isn't meant to be hard, it's meant to force you to call a hint line to figure out why the part of the game you're at has no solution.
  • edited July 2010
    A dead end based on forgetting to pick an item up at the beginning of the game isn't meant to be hard, it's meant to force you to call a hint line to figure out why the part of the game you're at has no solution.

They still didn't design those games >>from the ground up to make no sense, and to have as many stupid dead ends as they could think of<<.
    The formula of heaving ridiculously hard puzzles with solutions way beyond normal thinking was a common thing in textadventures.
    I just remember the Hitchhikers Guide textadventure where you literally had to type in the command to wake up or to open your eyes if you don't want to die (which reminds me of the fact that you had to check every tire in Police Quest before going on your patrol or you will die).

The early Sierra games were DIRECT descenders from those textadventures. They kept the hard to solve puzzles and just added a grpahical aid (in which the character can move), while even keeping the text parser as a command input device. It's not that they decided to cash in on hotlines, because that is what everybody else did, it is just that this was how games were back then.

Believe it or not, but the programmers actually loved making games.
  • edited July 2010
    How would anyone ever think it was fun to make puzzles that were borderline unsolvable?
  • edited July 2010
    How would anyone ever think it was fun to make puzzles that were borderline unsolvable?

Because that was an exciting challenge for game creators those days. I did that, too. It looks ridiculuous after nearly two decades, yes, but it just seemed the natural way to do things back then. Actually, we were quite surprised to find that you cannot die in the Lucasarts games.
  • edited July 2010
    I gave them a call, asking about the Disk of Madness. I don't think I'll get an answer back, but I am curious what that's supposed to do.
  • edited July 2010
    A tip a friend of mine gave me. "Always pick up the fish"
  • edited July 2010
    Disk of Madness maybe Frisbee flow it at some one they cachet it and you posses them
  • edited July 2010
    kane wrote: »
    Disk of Madness maybe Frisbee flow it at some one they cachet it and you posses them

It's usually more likely to hit them than for them to catch it.
  • edited July 2010
    Arg. Well, I completely messed up my message, due to hearing what I thought was a beep and starting too early. The best that could possibly come out on the other end is "-ey. Um, wait...Hi, I was just wondering if somebody could please for the love of God tell me who John Muir is."
  • edited July 2010
    Just call 'em up, and say this phonetically.

"El Oh Serser mah dam. Yoosh ood mayk taw mprah vets aymoder ator and may bee giv himm ah jawb. Thaynks."
  • edited July 2010
    any one tried to call lately?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.