1-516-vis-ion-1

Comments

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Thanks guys! That sounds cool... I hope that since it didn't go through this time, they'll consider trying it again at some point.
  • edited May 2010
    m-w.com wrote:
    Main Entry: yare
    Pronunciation: \ˈyer, ˈyär\
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Middle English, from Old English gearu; akin to Old High German garo ready
    Date: before 12th century

1 archaic : set for action : ready
    2or yar \ˈyär\ a : characterized by speed and agility : nimble, lively b : handy 1c, maneuverable

— yare adverb, archaic

— yare·ly adverb, archaic

So there you have it.
  • edited May 2010
    nikasaur wrote: »
    Ganon159 is closest to the full story, the phone number was part of a large ARG-style project that didn't go through, and the current 516vision.com project has some... technical difficulties. Have you guys been calling in with testimonials? I can't wait to hear 'em!
    Does this mean we might never get the Nutrition Specs on PC? :confused:

That would make me.... very unhappy. And also make me reconsider buying further Telltale games.
  • edited May 2010
    ATMachine wrote: »
    Does this mean we might never get the Nutrition Specs on PC? :confused:

That would make me.... very unhappy. And also make me reconsider buying further Telltale games.

Oh ATM. I like how you went from "It's a clear sunny day" to "Does this mean the ocean is drying up?"

It's just an amusing power. You're not going to actually give up on them games for a single power?
  • nikasaurnikasaur Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Just postponed for now, as far as I know. Be patient!
  • edited May 2010
    That's good news. I wasn't very thrilled when I heard that PS3 buyers got an extra gameplay bonus for their money that I didn't, a fact which moreover wasn't advertised until long after I'd made my purchase of the PC version. :(
  • edited May 2010
    *inhales sharply* I love args!!! i don't care if it kind of doesn't work, I love the idea!
  • [TTG] Yare[TTG] Yare Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    I've been wondering too... does Yare rhyme with "hair", or with "jar"?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/yare
  • edited May 2010
    Maybe someone who can sound a lot like MI's Stan can call the line selling toys that he has/may not have...yet.

An alternative is what Sam & Max said to Bosco to make him go into hiding in episode 202.
  • edited May 2010
    I just called trying to sell the " whoopee blaster" a fun whoopee cushion that has the power to make a wind so strong that it blows peoples limbs off. Also great for calling taxis
  • edited May 2010
    Kamilozo3 wrote: »
    You mean "Have you checked the baby?"

Nailed it.
    [TTG] Yare wrote: »

Did anyone else look at that definition and immediately misread "agile" as "argyle"?
  • edited May 2010
    I should call and ask "does the carpet match the drapes?"
  • edited May 2010
    nikasaur wrote: »
    ... Have you guys been calling in with testimonials? I can't wait to hear 'em!

Written proof that you asked for it :D
  • edited May 2010
    I thought that yeaterday, when the site was down, would open up the 516vision page, but i guess not.
  • edited May 2010
    Strong Max wrote: »
    I thought that yeaterday, when the site was down, would open up the 516vision page, but i guess not.

No, it went down for Puzzle Agent, I'm pretty sure.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, it was mentioned before TTG actually listened to the comments somewhere else.

Never called on account of being European though, a bit too expensive. They can read what I think instead here on the forums ;).
  • edited May 2010
    hi sam and max sometimes uow hath to finc of the obvious and complicated:D
  • edited May 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    Well I know that they check the phone messages they get. I learned that the kinda hard, kinda funny way.

Wait, there's a background story here that we're missing. What's the "kinda hard, kinda funny way"?
  • edited May 2010
    Ripcord wrote: »
    Wait, there's a background story here that we're missing. What's the "kinda hard, kinda funny way"?

Nikki asked somewhere if Tope was the person who "yelled at her" (Nikki's the voice on the machine".
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Nikki asked somewhere if Tope was the person who "yelled at her" (Nikki's the voice on the machine".

Lol.

I worry for the sake of the arg.

...I hope this is going somewhere...
  • edited May 2010
    For the record, I wasn't being mean. :I
  • edited May 2010
    Thespis wrote: »
    No, it went down for Puzzle Agent, I'm pretty sure.

and the 516-vidsion page is now also linked on the Season 3 page (klick on the thing Sam has in his hand)
  • edited May 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    and the 516-vidsion page is now also linked on the Season 3 page (klick on the thing Sam has in his hand)

It's been like that for a few weeks now.
  • edited May 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    It's been like that for a few weeks now.

Few weeks? Try more like ever since the first episode came out
  • edited May 2010
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    Few weeks? Try more like ever since the first episode came out

Which was what, three weeks ago? That counts as a few weeks.
  • edited May 2010
    really? never noticed that before.
  • edited May 2010
    Looks like Episode 2 is coming out first.
  • edited May 2010
    May 16 is before May 18. So no, it won't :)
  • edited May 2010
    I broke down and called today. Allow me to transcribe my call:

"............Uhhhhhhhhhh.... Hiiiiiiii.... Catfish33 here.. [segways into sincere natural voice] I don't have anything funny to say or anything but I just wanted to say [catches my breath] you guys are awesome! You rock.. Keep it up! :D"

I'm such a dork. :o
  • edited May 2010
    I feel I should've practiced my call before I made it. I didn't even try out the voice I was going to use. I just called, did my best impromptu Sam voice saying "Have you checked the baby?", then immediately hung up before I started laughing and ruined it.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm thinking about talking my cat into calling, he has a lot to say, seriously. We'll see...

if you guys at TT get a call from a cat it was me, for the record. :)
  • edited May 2010
    I'm going to try calling over skype or whatever i can and go: Does the carpet match the drapes?

EDIT: I couldn't get an internet call to work, so I risked the fees and called from my mobile. 0011-1-516-VIS-ION-1

I added the number to my contacts, under "Bob's Toys!s"

I called twice. The first time I said "Does the carpet match the drapes?" like I said, and then the second time I couldn't think of anything to say, so I told nikasaur (I assume she's the one who recorded the message) that she had a hot voice, and that now I could call her ALL THE TIME :p

I think I'll call again tomorrow, just because I like the idea of my stupid little messages being listened to (I hope) by Telltale Staff. I hope I don't freak nikasaur out...
  • edited May 2010
    I think I'll call again tomorrow, just because I like the idea of my stupid little messages being listened to (I hope) by Telltale Staff. I hope I don't freak nikasaur out...

She can handle it. I mean, she is a ferocious dinosaur and all.
  • edited May 2010
    Oh! I know what my next one is going to be! I'll post on here what it is a little after I do it, but I can say that it's another one from 301.

I need to work on my David Nowlin as Sam impression...
  • edited May 2010
    is it "Say Hello to my Leeetle Buddy!"?
  • edited May 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    I've been wondering too... does Yare rhyme with "hair", or with "jar"?

I think it's supposed to sound kind of like that noise when you think you're going to puke, but you just gag instead, kind of "yaaAARre".
  • edited May 2010
    I called for a third time today, asking if avistew has shouted that she wants Yare yet, and i pronounced it like hair.
  • edited May 2010
    I called for a third time today, asking if avistew has shouted that she wants Yare yet, and i pronounced it like hair.

Great, now they're going to expect me to.
    Maybe I'll get my husband to do it instead.
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Great, now they're going to expect me to.
    Maybe I'll get my husband to do it instead.

:O

If he does it, record it and share it with us!
  • edited May 2010
    Max: Hi, Commissioner. Commissioner???
    Sam: You crack me up, little buddy.

I hate to think what I'd be charged from my mobile.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.