I would buy a Jurassic Park adventure game game made by Telltale...

124»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I'd try it. It's Telltale, so I'd try it.
  • TorTor
    edited June 2010
    sfox wrote: »
    After having read the book, I can't agree. The movie butchered the book so badly that I can't look at it in a positive manner.
    I've read the novel as well and I don't mind the differences; I never expect a movie to be the same as the novel it's based on anyway. I thought the movie was very entertaining in its own right, and that's what matters to my mind. The novel definitely had good stuff that wasn't in the movie, but so what? If I miss it I can go back and read the novel again.

The novel has more substance to it, but that doesn't lessen my enjoyment of the movie. I have an entertaining movie and a good book, I can enjoy each of them for their own strengths. The fact that they happen to have the same title on the cover doesn't change that.
  • edited June 2010
    Tor wrote: »
    I've read the novel as well and I don't mind the differences; I never expect a movie to be the same as the novel it's based on anyway. I thought the movie was very entertaining in its own right, and that's what matters to my mind. The novel definitely had good stuff that wasn't in the movie, but so what? If I miss it I can go back and read the novel again.

The novel has more substance to it, but that doesn't lessen my enjoyment of the movie. I have an entertaining movie and a good book, I can enjoy each of them for their own strengths. The fact that they happen to have the same title on the cover doesn't change that.

You are my new hero. Someone who recognizes that movies and novels are different media formats entirely and that a movie doesn't have to 100% follow the novel is such a rarity.
  • edited June 2010
    Tor wrote: »

thank you for writing what i wanted to say, and even so well!
  • TorTor
    edited June 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    You are my new hero.
    Careful, I don't always handle praise very well. I often let it get to my he-
    *twitch*

Have no fear, citizens!

Wherever movies are being unfairly compared to novels...
    Whenever someone thinks they're better than you because "they read the book"...
    Wherever there's injustice: I'll be there.

For I am... BOOK SLASH MOVIE GUY!
    53u2z4.png

Now stay safe, citizens. Don't forget to recycle!
  • edited June 2010
    Jurassic Park is probably one of my favorite movies that was based on a book (I think it's tied with LotR). For me, the differences between the movie and the book only means that I get twice as much story. :D
  • edited June 2010
    Personally, the divergences between "The Lost World" movie and book was too much, but "Jurassic Park" was just fine. With the latter, the exposition was stripped away to keep the pace of the story, which was fine.

With "The Lost World," I felt the divergences were contrived in an attempt to recapture/recreate the feeling of the first film, unsuccessfully. The tacked on ending sequence in San Diego also failed to gel for me.

plus, er, I was like ten when i saw the first film, and I had the biggest crush on Alexis. :p
  • edited June 2010
    Soup wrote: »

plus, er, I was like ten when i saw the first film, and I had the biggest crush on Alexis. :p

I'm the same age as Ariana Richards (two week difference) and I shared the feeling.
  • edited June 2010
    Jurassic Park is one of my favorite movie series!
  • edited June 2010
    Crrash wrote: »
    yeah, i think this should be an exception. Actually i think a game like the human portions of the King Kong game would fit Jurass Park best, but i'm looking forward to this

you could die in the last crusade and fate of atlantis adventure games
  • edited June 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    I hope we get to play as a velociraptor.

:p

those would be interesting puzzles; eat human, eat another human, avoid bullets, kill two humans at the same time, sneak up on human and shut power to the island. What more can you do as a raptor? Oh maybe break out of a cell, but I don't see a worthy story behind that.
  • edited June 2010
    techie775 wrote: »
    those would be interesting puzzles; eat human, eat another human, avoid bullets, kill two humans at the same time, sneak up on human and shut power to the island. What more can you do as a raptor? Oh maybe break out of a cell, but I don't see a worthy story behind that.

Open door.
  • edited June 2010
    Use a gun.
  • edited June 2010
    Jurassic Park Game well its about time
  • edited June 2010
    In another thread someone pointed to an E3-Interview where Dave Grossman (?) stated that JP will be some kind of a departure for TellTale. I have to say, since the very first announcement I asked myself how you could make a great classic adventure-game out of this property, and was at a total loss. Since the 3rd season of S&M already introduced the first person-perspective with Max' abilities, I assume that they'll go down that road for JP. I don't expect a dumbed down shooter, but I think a first person action adventure is likely what they're planning to do here.

Which could be totally awesome, by the way. If the engine can handle some nifty dinosaurs, that is.
  • edited June 2010
    wait... you would buy a jurassic park game about a jurassic park game?
  • edited June 2010
    Cyphox wrote: »
    wait... you would buy a jurassic park game about a jurassic park game?

Wow, that is the best Idea ever.
  • edited June 2010
    I can see it now: A random dude is playing a Jurassic Park game on his computer, when the dinosaurs come out of the monitor and take over the earth!
  • edited June 2010
    i hope its a great game with great graphics and please give it a goood story line cuz if it sucks then a lot of jurassic park fans will be pissed
  • edited June 2010
    sintarsis wrote: »
    i hope its a great game with great graphics and please give it a goood story line cuz if it sucks then a lot of jurassic park fans will be pissed

Jurassic Park has never been really about story, especially the movies. The first one had a decent story(The Book was better.) The Lost World had a allright story(Book was way better.) and Jurassic Park /// Didn't have a story it was all action, and not enough story.(The Junior Novelization, was way better.)
  • edited June 2010
    the third one sucked if they made it less action and more like the other two then it would have been better and killing off t-rex **** you dude t-rex owns the jurassic park films
  • edited June 2010
    sintarsis wrote: »
    the third one sucked if they made it less action and more like the other two then it would have been better and killing off t-rex **** you dude t-rex owns the jurassic park films

Non of that, I will not allow T-rex vs Spino talk on this forum, it's troll bait.
  • edited August 2010
    I will buy this game for sure. I love Jurassic Park, and TellTale is not making a mistake making it. Even if the story is great, i am still buying it for sure.
  • edited August 2010
    I'll by almost anything with Jurassic Park on the cover. lol
  • edited September 2010
    i'd get it, it will be fun
Sign in to comment in this discussion.