I would buy a Jurassic Park adventure game game made by Telltale...

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Dage wrote: »
    As a FPS yeah, as an RPG maybe , as a 'Point n Click' , heck no.

I don't think you read my post, but okay.
  • edited June 2010
    roumeaz.jpg
    YOU ... prey like the grand-mother of a mediocre tyranossaur
  • edited June 2010
    Awesome. I hope we see more of this at E3 next week. :)
  • edited June 2010
    'Telltale has a new deal with NBC Universal to create games based on their intellectual properties.'

I was sort of like meh up until this bit. Wootsauce.
  • edited June 2010
    sort of

You spelled it wrong. Everyone here knows it's supposed to be "soughta".
  • edited June 2010
    I... have no idea how this would work.

I enjoyed the movies and the books, but it really doesn't seem like the sort of thing that would translate to an adventure game. I will probably skip this unless it gets absolutely rave reviews.
  • edited June 2010
    It could work if its like Penumbra.
    I cant see it working in Telltales normal style
  • edited June 2010
    Anyone play Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis? It was basically Zoo Tycoon, except with dinosaurs. Oh, and it had a 3D engine that both looked decent and ran well (as opposed to neither in ZT2), let you fly helicopters and drive jeeps, and was paced very well. I still play that game from time to time. I will never understand why there wasn't a sequel. Isn't everyone's secret dream to own an island populated with dinosaurs? In my heart of hearts, I hope that Telltale is at least considering doing something like this rather than just adapting the franchise into a point-and-click.

Also, I'll be curious about the graphics engine. Jurassic Park in the Telltale Engine? I really like the engine and I think they've done more and more cool things with it, but it doesn't seem like it's well-suited for anything fast-paced. Still, hugely optimistic.

And, to repeat: if I see or hear "spiritual successor to Operation Genesis," I will pre-order. Think about it.;)
  • edited June 2010
    While I'm not 100% sure how something like Jurrasic Park can translate into an adventure game, I think this would be a great game to take the whole trial and error gameplay implimented in "Tomb of Sammun-Mak" even farther. Basically the game focusses on a character that's trying to stay alive and avoid getting eatten by the dinosaurs, and if they mess up they can be killed. Even if they don't use this system I'm sure Telltale can figure something out to make a great adventure game.
  • edited June 2010
    'Telltale has a new deal with NBC Universal to create games based on their intellectual properties.'.

Seinfeld: The Game

That, I would buy
  • edited June 2010
    [TTG] Yare wrote: »
    Clever girl.

Subtle Jurassic Park quote FTW.
  • edited June 2010
    If Telltale are going to be creating several series based on NBC universal properties it doesn't bode well for any more Monkey Island from them :(
  • edited June 2010
    Coincidentally I'm listening to Weird Al Yankovic's Jurassic Park while I've been reading this thread.
  • edited June 2010
    Santar wrote: »
    If Telltale are going to be creating several series based on NBC universal properties it doesn't bode well for any more Monkey Island from them :(

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut surely there's potential for a BACK TO THE FUTURE game!
  • edited June 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    Seinfeld: The Game

That, I would buy

PLAYER: KRAMER

Use... Puffy Shirt... on... Jerry

KRAMER: Jerry, - this is gonna be the new look for the 90's. You're gonna be the first pirate!

JERRY: But, I don't want to be a pirate!
  • edited June 2010
    doodo! wrote: »
    By the time anyone finished that at an arcade you would have paid full price for a video game back then....

Yeah that game was an unfair quarter eater... At first. Then you realize it's meant to be played with two people, and after that I could beat it with only two continues at most, my friend beat it with one.
  • edited June 2010
    Wow - very exciting!
  • edited June 2010
    What have they got in there, King Kong?
  • edited June 2010
    Dage wrote: »
    As a FPS yeah, as an RPG maybe , as a 'Point n Click' , heck no.

Well. You're wrong. And when they make the game, and it's a good game, I'm going to laugh. Right in your face.
  • edited June 2010
    These are all just rumors right? Telltale would never make a Jurassic Park game.... right..?

EDIT: Nope not rumors, we're screwed.
  • edited June 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    EDIT: Nope not rumors, we're screwed.

Screwed? You do realize that even if you don't like them (though how any geek at heart can't be thrilled by the prospect of a dinosaur game is beyond me), gigantic licenses like CSI and Jurassic Park probably play a large part in making the more niche licenses, like Monkey Island, and the crazy new(ish) IPs like Nelson Tethers, possible, right? And given that Telltale has yet to fumble a license, it's hard for me to look at this news as anything but exciting no matter which angle I view it from.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm really surprised by all the negativity. I certainly wasn't expecting this, and I'm not the biggest fan of the movies, but I don't see anything inherently bad about the idea of a Jurassic Park adventure game. And I don't see why people think it wouldn't work. Sure, other Jurassic Park games have been about shooting dinosaurs; this one will probably be about finding clever ways to avoid being eaten by dinosaurs. I don't know what the problem is.
  • edited June 2010
    I'd be the first to tell you that Jurassic Park is crap, but this is a good idea.

Think about how more known Telltale will become

More well known=More Customers=More Money

and thus more likely for us to get more games
  • edited June 2010
    Maybe it will be a proper version of Trespasser! Man I love that game!
  • edited June 2010
    Admittedly, I'm not a huge Futurama fan, but Jurassic Bark was one of the best episodes. I think...

Wait, what?

Jurassic PARK?

Oh. Well. Hey, good luck with that.
  • edited June 2010
    Wapcaplet wrote: »
    Admittedly, I'm not a huge Futurama fan, but Jurassic Bark was one of the best episodes. I think...

Wait, what?

Jurassic PARK?

Oh. Well. Hey, good luck with that.

You bastard. You made me forget NBC doesn't own Futurama for a few minutes there. You raised my hopes then dashed them expertly, sir.
  • edited June 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    I'd be the first to tell you that Jurassic Park is crap...

I'd like it if people explained what is so crap about it?

Admittedly the movies are not all as good as the first one (especially the daft Godzilla vs. San Deigo ending on #2), but it's a solid premise and the movies are all entertaining to say the least.
  • edited June 2010
    The Jurassic Park movies are thoroughly "okay" in my book, but that does little to make the fact that the best story game studio in the business is at work on an episodic series involving dinosaurs any less sweet. The blockbuster status of the license will only make it more certain that lots of people will play it. What's not to love?
  • edited June 2010
    You bastard. You made me forget NBC doesn't own Futurama for a few minutes there. You raised my hopes then dashed them expertly, sir.
    upyours.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    roumeaz wrote: »
    upyours.jpg

fry.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    Jurassic Park and its sequels are all firmly under the "nightmare fuel to this day" category in my brain. A small part of me doesn't want my favorite developer of happy, fun, adorable,and all-together wacky games and this series to mix, but I suppose I'll have to wait and see what the final product will be like. O_O
  • edited June 2010
    *Sigh*
  • edited June 2010
    I hope we get to play as a velociraptor.

:p
  • edited June 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    I hope we get to play as a velociraptor.

:p

I'm still hoping for Ian Malcolm. Or Grant. Maybe a velociraptor side quest.:D
  • edited June 2010
    I'm still hoping for Ian Malcolm. Or Grant. Maybe a velociraptor side quest.:D

jeff gold game gone gold blast game gold gold game gold jeff bloom gold jeff bloolm gold jeff game gold jeff game there be gold game jeff got game that gold game jeff got game jeff god games interactive jeff cool
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2010
    FearMonkey wrote: »
    But
    his character is dead.
    :confused:

That is unconfirmed in the first movie. He was just
    screaming very loud
    . :D
  • edited June 2010
    I'm cautiously optimistic. I like TellTale; I like Jurassic Park (the first one anyway), but I can't seem to picture it in my mind.
    Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut surely there's potential for a BACK TO THE FUTURE game!
    I'm sold! Oh man, think of the wackiness that could ensue from time travel.

if it's NBC/Universal in general, does that mean we're going to see, like, games based on Chuck, 30 Rock, or The Office? Are you going to open this up fully to speculate what other properties are going into the pipeline?
  • edited June 2010
    Oh no! An adventure game? Based on a MOVIE? SUXXXOR!!!

I'm having flashbacks from the nineties. "Indiana Jones? As a point and click game? THAT WILL SURELY SUCK!". ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.